PS3 Scrolling Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

now Im no technical wizard when it comes to Playstation 3's so speak slowly, use small words and enunciate ;)

iv had this playstation for under 12 months, so im rather P.O'd...

basically i turned my PS3 on a minute ago and the screen is constantly scrolling. Not as in the controller is scrolling through the menu, as in the screen is scrolling constantly downwards

i have took out all cables (HDMI) power, iv give all the vents a vacuum etc, i have also tried another HDMI lead. According to a few forums i found the HDMI could be fried, iv got rid of that option because iv tried another one!!

when i swap it back to a regular scart it is fine. so it suggests to me my PS is buggered in some way, although i know sweet FA about the technicalities of a PS. So...

any suggestions...?

Thanks.

Try googling the problem and if it doesn't work maybe contact Sony? Sorry I couldn't be of more help I've never had a problem like that before.

Try googling the problem and if it doesn't work maybe contact Sony? Sorry I couldn't be of more help I've never had a problem like that before.

Ye i googled it before i posted on here, not much about it at all!! Its ridiculous, my second PS3 to be faulty... not impressed.

If you don't know then don't comment. Jesus!

Sorry, I don't know? :(

Could have reset itself to SD output, which is why it works with the scart lead. Put the HDMI back in and try this:

• Make sure the system is off.
  • Turn it back on, but hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
  • That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there.

If its not the HDMI cable it may be your HDMI socket on the TV or PS3. try your PS3 on another TV with the new HDMI lead you bought and if it still doesn't work it will be the socket on the PS3, if it does then its your TV

Could have reset itself to SD output, which is why it works with the scart lead. Put the HDMI back in and try this:

• Make sure the system is off.
  • Turn it back on, but hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
  • That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there.

Gave it a go, nothing changed. When i went to change to HDMI display it started scrolling again.

Gave it a go, nothing changed. When i went to change to HDMI display it started scrolling again.

Could be the sockets then as suggested above, especially considering a fresh cable yields the same results.

Give them (PS3 and TV HDMI sockets) a good blow to clear them, ideally with compressed air.

Try on another TV before assuming its the PS3 ive had my PS3 since they came out and never had a fault with it, I did on the other hand have a 42" Samsung plasma with a faulty HDMI socket, and they replace it with a new one. Only difference is, the fault I had with the HDMI socket was it played constantly in black and white, got a new TV was fine.

I have done as suggested, whilst urgently not taking no as an answer said "mom can i borrow the tele" connected it up and it was fine, it seems we have a broken HDMI socket on my tele...

Thanks for the help guys. However irritating the result is at least i know.

HDMI cables dont really cost much i think as back in April i bought one in gamestation for 7-8 pound

HDMI cables dont really cost much i think as back in April i bought one in gamestation for 7-8 pound

Calum :$ i would then have two HDMI cables, and one tele with a broken HDMI outlet

have a read ^^ XD

Thought it would have been your socket mate, thats why I told you to try it lol, out of curiousity, what kind of TV do you have

Thought it would have been your socket mate, thats why I told you to try it lol, out of curiousity, what kind of TV do you have

I have a Sharp 32"

had it for nearly 3 years

hmm maybe the analog stick is stuck or d pad button? i would check that doubt its that though.

I have done as suggested, whilst urgently not taking no as an answer said "mom can i borrow the tele" connected it up and it was fine, it seems we have a broken HDMI socket on my tele...

Thanks for the help guys. However irritating the result is at least i know.

glad to be of help mate

hmm maybe the analog stick is stuck or d pad button? i would check that doubt its that though.

Ye iv had that happen before its not that...

Its like imagine a role of old school camera film. Well its my screen rolling downwards looking exactly like that with a black line separating each screen as it scrolls downwards.

Quite hard to describe tbh.

I believe i have found a solution though... my Nan has a 32" Samsung, she lives at home with us, and doesn't need her HDMI outlets, so i can just swap TV's ^^)

Are you sure its the PS3 as ive had this problem with old tv

Status
Not open for further replies.