PSA: Multiple Accounts (Includes apology from TFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Xmas Message is peace to whoever you support, but TFF has been shown to be ******* ******

Last Message - we want to unravel the whole story first before making something so final such as a ban decision. Thread will be closed till this is reached.

Updated OP.

TFF has been banned. This thread has now been re-opened.

A massive thanks to the community for your patience with us whilst we looked further into the circumstances surrounding TFF's actions.

A final decision has been made this morning in regards to TFF. Given the severity of his actions we have decided that we have no choice but to ban him.

Our investigation was thorough and we travelled quite far back in time. From what we can tell there have been multiple instances of VPN usage and also a previous history of conflict with other tactic creators.

Let this also serve as a warning, it doesn't matter who you are, it doesn't matter how many people follow you. If you choose to disrespect and manipulate other creators, then there is no home for you on FM Base.

It's a shame to see it as he's a fine tactics creator who has contributed massively but ultimately I believe this is the right course of action. There will be a lot of unhappy people who feel like they have been lied to and manipulated and the conflict with other creators is simply unforgivable in my eyes, regardless of what he's done in the past.

Dear FM Base,

First of all, I don't approve the actions involving TFF.

A witch hunt is not the correct way to solve this problem. Almost no one is using his/her real name, so that means that most of us use "fake accounts".

Fist I hope you took TFF's possible age into account by banning him from this forum. There is a possibility that TFF is not a adult yet. Most of us would understand that a younger tactician would make those mistakes.

Second I think that TFF contributed some wonderfull tactics to this community. He is still one of the best we had in recent years.

Both his age and his wonderfull tactics should be taking into account. That's why I think that many of us would like to see TFF given a second chance.

JJRROEN, user since 2012!

i am, for one, against the banning. Tactics are there to help people. TFF has helped MANY of people over the years and the affect of him making fake accounts for fake comments is very minor. its a bigger affect for those who actually use TTFs tactic, they're getting punished.

i obviously don't know the full details, just speaking from what i see.

people also say he's wrong for leaving negative comments on other creators thread. i agree. but the same thing happened to me but that person received no consequences.

he didn't offend anyone, but people are offending him which is against the rules? so they should also receive some sort of punishment?

Dear FM Base,

First of all, I don't approve the actions involving TFF.

A witch hunt is not the correct way to solve this problem. Almost no one is using his/her real name, so that means that most of us use "fake accounts".

Fist I hope you took TFF's possible age into account by banning him from this forum. There is a possibility that TFF is not a adult yet. Most of us would understand that a younger tactician would make those mistakes.

Second I think that TFF contributed some wonderfull tactics to this community. He is still one of the best we had in recent years.

Both his age and his wonderfull tactics should be taking into account. That's why I think that many of us would like to see TFF given a second chance.

JJRROEN, user since 2012!

TFF’s age is visible on his profile.

i am, for one, against the banning. Tactics are there to help people. TFF has helped MANY of people over the years and the affect of him making fake accounts for fake comments is very minor. its a bigger affect for those who actually use TTFs tactic, they're getting punished.

people also say he's wrong for leaving negative comments on other creators thread. i agree. but the same thing happened to me but that person received no consequences.

he didn't offend anyone, but people are offending him which is against the rules? so they should also receive some sort of punishment?

It's mainly the severity of his actions. It's not in the community spirit to behave the way he did.

As for your own issues, I believe that's an issue for the mods on the SI forums, there's nothing we can until it happens here.

Hi RDF,

I agree that you should not be banned for leaving negative comments.
TFF’s age is visible on his profile.

Who says that his age is correct? Like I said, 95% is not using his real name. So why would that make them using there real birthday?

It's a shame that someone who clearly enjoys the game enough to create worthwhile tactics for others needs to stoop so low as this. However, the admin have done the right thing in banning him. Such promotion of his own tactics to the detriment of others by the use of fake comments is ultimately a form of shameless self-promotion. As for the 'apology' it is clear to me he has no remorse for his actions it is highly unlikely that his relatives would have created so many accounts (one or two yes but 75 even spread over 5 or 6 people it would be hard to keep track of them). Yes the site has lost an excellent tactics creator but on the positive side the site has now lost a invidual who is guilty of abusing the system for self gain.

Hi RDF,

I agree that you should not be banned for leaving negative comments.

Who says that his age is correct? Like I said, 95% is not using his real name. So why would that make them using there real birthday?

You could say on his own profile he should be using his correct age. Regardless, 75+ accounts, and what we believe are suspicious VPN activity, that would push him over the 100+ account mark, is a severe breach of our TOS and the community’s trust. Doing this for several years too means that we don’t believe age should be a factor as he was old enough to agree to the TOS and therefore is old enough to have responsibility in his actions.

We understand how this decision was going to be controversial, yesterday we saw that, but we cannot plausibly think of a reason on why he shouldn’t be punished for his actions. Otherwise there will always be questions on the legitimacy of what is on the site and especially surrounding his content.

Let me put it this way. I am a FM player since CM time. In the last years I stopped creating my own tactics because I played FM/CM so much that I had enough with that part, now my joy is related to building generations through the youth setups and micromanaging everything else but tactics.

Therefore, the fact that someone would,
a. for once, artificially boost his tactics so people use his tactics,
b. then, also add negative reviews from MULTIPLE accounts to other tactics that might help people,
c. thrice, deny the obvious reality, which, as an IT guy that I am, I know it's impossible to deny, without even bothering to apologize, adding insult to injury and indirectly calling us people idiots (I really take offense in being called like that, not that I am not :cool:),
d. and last but not least, engaging in this mischievous activity for YEARS, is a strong case for being banned.

In fact, I see zero reasons to even take these things further, it's a waste of time, you deal with these people Fergie's hairdryer style, pack his bags and send him to whatever forum or community wants to deal with him.

It's an insult to the people who invested times to put up good tactics for the community, for the moderators of this website and again, last but not least, for the community itself.

PS: SHORT STORY: BAN HIM.

The site mods have taken a clear path. Imo the only one you can take, if you want your site to have some sort of respect in the long run.
It is never an easy choice, to ban members, especially those that have contributed to a site.
Either way, no member can be larger than the site.

As for the drama, ligthen up kids, there are plenty of decent tactics out there, and besides, the FM AI isn't all that...
;)

Merry Xmas to all!

It's mainly the severity of his actions. It's not in the community spirit to behave the way he did.

As for your own issues, I believe that's an issue for the mods on the SI forums, there's nothing we can until it happens here.

i agree, it's not in the community spirit. but i don't believe he should be then banned from the community as he never insulted or hurt anyone in any way. he deceived people, speaking from opinions and not facts, i believe a lot more deceive others in the community one way or another. Banning someone is the most extreme punishment possible, i don't think his actions deserves that punishment.

it's a silly mistake. banning him can possibly effect more people, not just him. a lot of people requested and anticipating his release this year (if those wasn't any of the 75 accounts)

and for my issue, i don't want anything sorted, i'm over it and never affected me. i just don't like the fact no consequence what so ever. TFFs issue was raised on the SI though the problem was found on here. if you're doing someone one place, most likely doing the same at other places.

i agree, it's not in the community spirit. but i don't believe he should be then banned from the community as he never insulted or hurt anyone in any way. he deceived people, speaking from opinions and not facts, i believe a lot more deceive others in the community one way or another. Banning someone is the most extreme punishment possible, i don't think his actions deserves that punishment.

it's a silly mistake. banning him can possibly effect more people, not just him. a lot of people requested and anticipating his release this year (if those wasn't any of the 75 accounts)

and for my issue, i don't want anything sorted, i'm over it and never affected me. i just don't like the fact no consequence what so ever. TFFs issue was raised on the SI though the problem was found on here. if you're doing someone one place, most likely doing the same at other places.

The issue on SI forums wasn't shared via us there publicly, as far as I'm aware. I mean, we commented on it though.

The real issue is the precedent set by TFF that it's okay to use alts to make other tacticians feel isolated in order to achieve your own popularity. That's not cool, and something we don't want to see on FM Base.

Thanks to tactic testing I believe we will be able to showcase upcoming tacticians more prominently.

but im not here questioning the reasons why he's banned, i totally understand it.

in my experience, when people have done bad, its best to help them understand and correct their ways, instead of given them the highest punishment.

but im not here questioning the reasons why he's banned, i totally understand it.

in my experience, when people have done bad, its best to help them understand and correct their ways, instead of given them the highest punishment.
We tried to do that, his apology and statement were a slap in the face :(

Status
Not open for further replies.