PSA: Multiple Accounts (Includes apology from TFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue on SI forums wasn't shared via us there publicly, as far as I'm aware. I mean, we commented on it though.

The real issue is the precedent set by TFF that it's okay to use alts to make other tacticians feel isolated in order to achieve your own popularity. That's not cool, and something we don't want to see on FM Base.

Thanks to tactic testing I believe we will be able to showcase upcoming tacticians more prominently.

yeah thats fine, i totally understand...like i said, i felt the same when i was told i stole a tactic. EVEN though it was on SI, it still travelled over to here as both forums are pretty close to each other. though my issue started on SI, comments about it was on here too. Luckily, people chose not to believe him when they tested my tactic.

but i felt he used his own popularity to shut down the success of another tactic. thats how i felt. then to see that person active on here too. if it bothered me, i would've felt isolated too

yeah thats fine, i totally understand...like i said, i felt the same when i was told i stole a tactic. EVEN though it was on SI, it still travelled over to here as both forums are pretty close to each other. though my issue started on SI, comments about it was on here too. Luckily, people chose not to believe him when they tested my tactic.

but i felt he used his own popularity to shut down the success of another tactic. thats how i felt. then to see that person active on here too. if it bothered me, i would've felt isolated too

I'm afraid I don't know much about the situation, happy to look into it though

May I ask then what would be a good reason to ban somebody? What kind of behavior would warrant that? What kind of signals do you give to the community if a pathological liar doing the wrong thing in so many ways is allowed to keep going?

stealing from a creator. flat out offending anyone.

there is other punishments, banning is the most extreme.

like i said, i do understand the decision to ban him, but just my "personality" and views, i think there's way to resolve something before using the most extreme punishment...after reading his statement, it seems he digged a even bigger hole for himself, but may be because its public...it way harder to come straight in public

Guys, I have been playing FM since CM2 time. I have been always searching around for tactics to play. I did make "china creation" and some other not so popular tac in older time.

My conclusion to his event today:

- He has been contributed alot since Day 1, however if somebody committed a crime, then he should be punished.

- If the admin said he must deserve a 2nd chance, then u are running the country liked Putin or the chinese. You set the rule (in fact no rule), you can say yes or no whenever you want......

- Honestly having 7 accounts under 1 IP isn't believable, having 75 accounts is just.......

- It is NOT the only website he publishes his tac. Admin you dont want to ban him because his followers may move away to other forum with him....This is just a extremely political decision

- To make the scenario fair, you should ban his account and his IP address. However if he has a new name or new IP address, that would be his 2nd chance....

Guys, I have been playing FM since CM2 time. I have been always searching around for tactics to play. I did make "china creation" and some other not so popular tac in older time.

My conclusion to his event today:

- He has been contributed alot since Day 1, however if somebody committed a crime, then he should be punished.

- If the admin said he must deserve a 2nd chance, then u are running the country liked Putin or the chinese. You set the rule (in fact no rule), you can say yes or no whenever you want......

- Honestly having 7 accounts under 1 IP isn't believable, having 75 accounts is just.......

- It is NOT the only website he publishes his tac. Admin you dont want to ban him because his followers may move away to other forum with him....This is just a extremely political decision

- To make the scenario fair, you should ban his account and his IP address. However if he has a new name or new IP address, that would be his 2nd chance....

He is banned mate

I'm afraid I don't know much about the situation, happy to look into it though

it was on my 4141 Get Em post...he just accused me of using his tactic as the "base"...he was then questioned, by another user and myself, which tactic is he accusing me off using and he didn't tell us...its not a problem for me, i just don't like being accused...but we can agree that a high percentage of users on here also use SI forum, and he has a very high following, him accusing of someone stealing from him can have a negative effect for that creator across both sites.

i'm not calling for punishment for that person, my main objective is to help others. TFF also wants to help others, just went the complete wrong way about it. think everyone needs reminding its just a community

it was on my 4141 Get Em post...he just accused me of using his tactic as the "base"...he was then questioned, by another user and myself, which tactic is he accusing me off using and he didn't tell us...its not a problem for me, i just don't like being accused...but we can agree that a high percentage of users on here also use SI forum, and he has a very high following, him accusing of someone stealing from him can have a negative effect for that creator across both sites.

i'm not calling for punishment for that person, my main objective is to help others. TFF also wants to help others, just went the complete wrong way about it. think everyone needs reminding its just a community

A lot of people do try to steal Knap's tactics. With it being the festive period, have you tried reaching out to him to see if this can all be to bed?

He is banned mate

I saw that. No up or down feeling about it. Just see that its the right thing to do from your side. Whatever he does next, depending how smart he is. As he has already 76 personalities in his head once already.

A lot of people do try to steal Knap's tactics. With it being the festive period, have you tried reaching out to him to see if this can all be to bed?

this was back last month, think during the beta period too...and yeah i did, i asked for any evidence, asked for the tactic that he's accusing me off, and he never once showed me anything..he continued to call me a liar and a cheat with no evidence to back his accusations.

I saw that. No up or down feeling about it. Just see that its the right thing to do from your side. Whatever he does next, depending how smart he is. As he has already 76 personalities in his head once already.

thats my point. he's banned, so now he's not going to learn, he may learn a way to work around the ban....

dude is clearly experiencing something mentally. he feels he needs to be the most popular as the effect of something he's experiencing mentally. i just don't think excluding him completely for the community will solve anything, as people who actually do use his tactic now have no way to get an updated version of his tactics or have questions that need answering via this forum

thats my point. he's banned, so now he's not going to learn, he may learn a way to work around the ban....

dude is clearly experiencing something mentally. he feels he needs to be the most popular as the effect of something he's experiencing mentally. i just don't think excluding him completely for the community will solve anything, as people who actually do use his tactic now have no way to get an updated version of his tactics or have questions that need answering via this forum

In his latest statement he said he was quitting making tactics if you read it ?‍♀️

Kudos to yourself & your team Liam.

All in all its quite a sad day for this forum & all the fuss TFF's actions have caused. The guy was a/"the" corner stone if this community & he betrayed everyone's trust & honesty.

I hope tacticians who were affected (& they may not know) have the confidence to come back to this forum & share their wonderful tactics. I'm 37 & have been playing FM/CM for 20yrs+. If it wasn't for the hard work & dedication of these tacticians I would've given up a long long time ago.

Onwards & upwards for a great forum & many more years of great tactics being shared...because god **** I need them ?

In his latest statement he said he was quitting making tactics if you read it ?‍♀️

i did read it. i take that comment lightly. he also said he didn't want to make any this year but down to the amount of request, he felt he had to. i think he enjoys making tactics and posting them. he's been doing it for 7+ years

i did read it. i take that comment lightly. he also said he didn't want to make any this year but down to the amount of request, he felt he had to. i think he enjoys making tactics and posting them. he's been doing it for 7+ years

You also seem to take lightly the fact he lied, violated the tos on MULTIPLE sites, manipulated results and feedback using his alt accounts and when given a second chance has refused to take responsibility for his actions.

What would someone have to do for you to take it seriously?

Can you imagine living in RDF's world where you lie, cheat and deceive and upon being caught, someone pops up and says "but he'll never learn if we punish him, let him carry on"

It was the correct decision, he'll obviously be back in one way or the other, here or another social media platform.

You also seem to take lightly the fact he lied, violated the tos on MULTIPLE sites, manipulated results and feedback using his alt accounts and when given a second chance has refused to take responsibility for his actions.

What would someone have to do for you to take it seriously?

okay. im not speaking from facts, only opinions...i've seen people, specially the popular creators, reach like 109pts in a single season upon testing a tactic. my opinions is that those results have manipulated. ive seen those people deflect when asked simple questions, like wanting to see their game status. but its really not the end of the world.

punishment should be given, no doubt. Banning is the highest punishment possible. his actions, to me, are more sad than offensive. Nobody here is really hurt by his actions, even the negative feedback ( i haven't seen this so can't really comment on that).

Can you imagine living in RDF's world where you lie, cheat and deceive and upon being caught, someone pops up and says "but he'll never learn if we punish him, let him carry on"

It was the correct decision, he'll obviously be back in one way or the other, here or another social media platform.

haha, my message isn't to let him carry on. if he carries on, then he didn't learn, therefore ban him.

i'm not questioning wether its right or wrong to ban him, just simply sharing my opinion. i see a lot of stuff on these sites, i see things that are more worthy of a ban, i believe others are manipulating results and have been for a while now and will continue to do so, until caught lol

But you know, he has also most likely tricked people for 7 years. The user tzahy was registered 4 months after his own, and has been shadowing his own profile for 7 years, building it up, taking the arguments for him, faking results with save/load to have just wins with every tactic TFF released. For 34 000 posts.

He`s been deliberately misleading everyone for a long time, fooling people into using tactics he had made, that maybe were not as amazing as the resullts showed.
We know some of his tactics were good, but its was pictured that they ALL were, when in fact many users complained about having not as good results as his "followers" had. In doing so he might have fooled people into using his tactics instead of yours, knaps or mrhoughs. Or other minors who were trying to build up.

He was accused of this in 2016, faking results trough other users, and the end result was that the complainers were banned(!), shouted down or left.
Everyone can make mistakes. If you then own up to them, apologize and show some humility then you will probably get another chance.

He did no such thing, instead he blamed his family and everybody else, and tried shifting the focus. Two times.
When that is done there really is no other way to deal with it.

I for one would like to commend the mods for taking this action, and the way they did it. For them it as a bad decision either way, but they waited and gave him two chances to own it. Sadly he took neither, and then what else can they do.
Not banning for this will give them problems with forum rules for all time.

The more I think about it the more I'm annoyed, The amount of tactics over the years I've ignored because of the number of negative replies, which of course is my fault as well for not at least testing them, but still, what an absolute **** take by TFF, no wonder he wanted all the comments deleted before he would "apologise".

Can you imagine tactic creators looking through their old tactics and finding multiple alt accounts of TFF posting negative feedback. The cheek of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.