Psycho1970's English Regional League System

psycho1970

Reaction score
Psycho1970's English Regional League System

Last year (Nov 2011) I had an idea after seeing on SI games forum a few regional databases floating around and thought about creating a database that would change Europe solely into england ie each nation would become a county with the continent becoming England the other continents would become the other 4 nations of the United Kingdom and the 6th one would be for the larger European nations, however when I realised the amount of time this would take I approached a renowned editor to work with me on this project alas he turned the offer down.

However Last week I had a eureka moment and decided to pick the project up once again albeit on a smaller scale heres how it works -

All 775 Teams from england in the Database have been sorted into their ceremonial counties

Greater London - 68 teams
South East - 171 teams
South West - 97 teams (contains Welsh teams that were in the current League system)
East of England - 114 teams
East Midlands - 83 teams
West Midlands - 76 teams (contains Welsh teams that were in the current League system)
North East - 37
North West - 77
Yorkshire & Humber - 52
Each Ceremonial county has up to 8 leagues, a League Cup and 2 of the counties have a lower league cup and theres a FA Cup competition involving all teams
No team will get promoted or relegated to the wrong ceremonial county league.
To get around the European club competitions qualifying at the end of the season there is a Playoff invoving the 9 Premiership champions with the top 4 entering the Champions League and the following 3 depending on the winner of the FA Cup (gets automatic place) in the Euro Cup.
The top team in the playoff also play the FA Cup winners in the community shield.
And as a pre-season cup I have created the Old Prem Cup, everyone knows that their have only been 4 teams that have won the Premiership but did you know that only 8 teams have been runners up - Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Blackburn all winning and finishing runners up with Liverpool, Aston Villa, Newcastle Utd and counting this years runners up to be ;P Man City.

A little bit of tweaking and a final test should see this uploaded late tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

My idea to turn the world into the United Kingdom is something I'm still interested in doing and will be approaching a few editors to see if there willing to help for a FM13 release, if you would like to take part in this project then PM me and I will give you more details.

Thanks.

Psycho1970

Quick question - How are manchester united and newcastle in the greater london premiership? same with notts forest? etc...

Quick question - How are manchester united and newcastle in the greater london premiership? same with notts forest? etc...

There not thats the playoff for all the premier leagues, and shows up in all premier league overviews, when released if you do spot any teams that are in the wrong county leagues let me know, I used a few websites to check which towns where in which ceremonial counties and am pretty sure I have 98% correct but mistakes/misinformation does happen :)

psycho, could you add in a champions playoff similar to the top divisions one for all levels, if you do that through the parent competition and have all playoffs and promotion/ relegation through the regional competition then it shouldn't effect anything else in the database from working, plus it gives you a better idea of regional depth and would be a fun little extra tournament for the winners of the regional divisions at eachlevel that can be simultaneous to the top level's one, thus not including any extra dates in the calender.

I've got Promotion Playoffs and don't think you can have both champions and promotion playoffs, will check though.
Also another problem is that the overall winner wouldn't show up in the history of the parent competition and would cause 9 teams per level to have an extra 8 games the number of teams vary in each league from 16 - 23 so for the Larger Leagues that would mean a whooping 53 league games a season:O

Found a minor fault with the Community shield, Due to the fact parent competitions don't record the history even if theres a final play-off it was only picking Man Utd and the FA Cup winner.

I've now changed the format to a group stage involving all Premiership winners only with 3 groups, the winners of the groups and the best placed runner-up will go into the semi-finals with the winners going onto to the final.

Running a holiday test now and if successful will add a similar competition for all Levels.

If for some reason it doesn't work I will abandon the community shield, so no matter what happens this will be available to download this evening.

Released

DOWNLOAD

PLEASE NOTE - since I wrote the description there was an error with the Level 2-6 Champion of Champions Cup where teams were chosen randomly rather than picking the league champions, so for now I have removed the competitions affected.

As soon as I have figured out why, I will fix them and re-upload a version with them included.

Any feed back ?

One thing I worried about when making this is the reputation gap between teams in their leagues and stadium sizes, so I'm going to make a version with increased rep and stadium capacity changes, this is what I'm thinking -

Premiership Leagues

Minimum rep - 6300 / minimum stadium size 23500 with min attendance 12000

Championship Leagues

Minimum rep - 5500 / minimum stadium size 18500 with min attendance 9000

League 1 Leagues

Minimum rep - 4750 / minimum stadium size 11500 with min attendance 6000 League 2 Leagues

Minimum rep - 3750 / minimum stadium size 9500 with min attendance 4000

Conference Premier Leagues

Minimum rep - 2600 / minimum stadium size 7000 with min attendance 2500 ConferenceLeague 1 Leagues

Minimum rep - 1800 / minimum stadium size 4500 with min attendance 1600

Conference League 2 Leagues

Minimum rep - 1000 / minimum stadium size 3000 with min attendance 800

Conference League 3 Leagues

Minimum rep - 500 / minimum stadium size 1500 with min attendance 450

Changed stadiums with 11500 - 18500 to have expansion capacity set at 35000
4500 - 11499 20000
1500 - 4499 10000

your thoughts welcome :)

didnt work. it said too many teams, 22. when 16 is limit.

i did it and still says the same thing. really annoying as only seems to be ur games i cant play and they are the ones i really wana try lol.

V2 underway, going through the regions to double check right teams are playing in right region.

So far checked 5 regions and found 8 teams placed in wrong region, once all the regions have been checked and teams placed in correct regional leagues then I will fix the leagues that will have to few or to many teams in and then I'll see if I can get the lower league champions play-offs fixed ETA next saturday.

All teams now in correct regions, now resorting leagues/comps and hopefully fixing champion of champions cup for lower levels.

Version 2 will be out within 24 hours (hopefully this evening all going well)

A 3rd version will be released with reputation and stadium upgrades (see post 15) and if anyone wants teams adding then more teams as well, the cut of point for supplying teams info is midnight Friday.

Anyone wanting a team must supply the info needed and they must be an active team (no teams that no longer exist or are a figment of your imagination

Info required is :-

Team Name
Region
City
stadium
stadium capacity
kit colours

I wont be adding players and staff as this takes to long and all new teams will enter at the lowest level so don't go asking for them to be put in the premier leagues.

Finished Version 2, however I am reluctant to release it due to believing someone is using my research in their database and which they have taken the idea from my first post.

Now I don't mind people using my research or ideas to create their own but what I do mind is that they don't have the courtesy to a) ask to use the research b) credit the person who did the research and finally c) claim to have come up with the idea, yet their first thread on it was 5 days after mine and the fact that they cant get all nations to work together due to the fact they've built all nation rules from the same file, which I suspect is my original.

So I'm sorry to the people that have been waiting for this update but until they release theirs and or publish their 1st attempt this will be kept to myself.:mad: