• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 4K

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Hello,

I'll start off by saying, if this turns into a thread, where everyone (with what's happened over the past month) comes in here and says "Liverpool are racist twats" etc, and I know some of you will, if we get any of that, I'll close the thread.

So, Luis Suarez with what went on, will be serving an 8 match ban.. There is talk of John Terry facing a 2/4 game ban (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) yet, when a 'fan' does the same, there is talk of him/her being banned for life.. Which seems a little unfair, I mean it's bad when anyone does it, but surely everyone should get the same punishment? If a fan gets banned for life, so should a player..

Opinions?

ah, thos so called "racist" players, they aint really racist, they just playing with opponents nerves. If they were really racist, they wouldnt play in same team with black ppl :)
Dont agree with life time ban, but also disagree that 1-2 weeks pay is enough as its like a candy money for them... 10+ match ban would be fair enough I think!

ps. My opinion is purely neutral as I am not a fan of neither chelsea nor liverpool, they are more like a teams I dislike :)

Well, it depends. In Suarez' case he called him "negro, negrito" or whatever he called him, I really can't keep up with it anymore.

Anyway, here, there are cultural differences (probably gonna get loads of abuse for saying that), and there was no clear evidence. Only one mans word against another. No video evidence, as far as I know, as I haven't had time to read the FA's report yet, so I can't really see how you could ban him for life.

However, in Terry's case, you can clearly see he says "Black ****", I'd be happy to find the video for anyone who hasn't seen it. With such compelling evidence, yes, it should have the same punishment as a fan.

I don't know, to be honest.

There is a different between a player and fan saying it - a player may be stressed in the match and annoyed; a fan does not have that excuse. However, a player should be punished more severely, because he's a role model - whether he lies it or not!

I'm really disappointed with Suarez, but I guess it may not have been his fault - we'll have to wait for the FA's report to see what actually happened.

I'm seriously surprised that Terry hasn't got a punishment yet, as well!

There is a different between a player and fan saying it - a player may be stressed in the match and annoyed; a fan does not have that excuse. However, a player should be punished more severely, because he's a role model - whether he lies it or not!

I'm really disappointed with Suarez, but I guess it may not have been his fault - we'll have to wait for the FA's report to see what actually happened.

The FA can't do anything yet.

Well footballers are treated a heck of a lot more leniently then pretty much everyone else.

A club will back and support their player if they are accused of racism and even if they are found guilty, especially if they are a star player (e.g. Suarez). However a club is never going to defend an idiotic fan because to be honest they couldn't care less what happens to them.

The fan who said something to the Oldham lad is called a moron by TV pundits, arrested and completely frowned on by everyone (and rightly so). With Suarez it's an eight match ban and move on, with people trying to make excuses for him.

Hello,

I'll start off by saying, if this turns into a thread, where everyone (with what's happened over the past month) comes in here and says "Liverpool are racist twats" etc, and I know some of you will, if we get any of that, I'll close the thread.

So, Luis Suarez with what went on, will be serving an 8 match ban.. There is talk of John Terry facing a 2/4 game ban (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) yet, when a 'fan' does the same, there is talk of him/her being banned for life.. Which seems a little unfair, I mean it's bad when anyone does it, but surely everyone should get the same punishment? If a fan gets banned for life, so should a player..

Opinions?

Suarez wasnt dont for racist abuse, it doesnt compare. Not sure with terry, he could technically have a footballing order. But on the whole i do agree. though its happened before. one player got a 25 game ban from the FA. The police however gave him a 3 year football order.

Well footballers are treated a heck of a lot more leniently then pretty much everyone else.

A club will back and support their player if they are accused of racism and even if they are found guilty, especially if they are a star player (e.g. Suarez). However a club is never going to defend an idiotic fan because to be honest they couldn't care less what happens to them.

The fan who said something to the Oldham lad is called a moron by TV pundits, arrested and completely frowned on by everyone (and rightly so). With Suarez it's an eight match ban and move on, with people trying to make excuses for him.

Again Suarez was not done for racist abuse, and i can assure you there were plently of people not making excuses for him.

Aplayer is not a role model. I wish we would drop this role model stuff to be frank

And there is no difference whatsoever. you do that on the street, you get arrested, its against the law. Doesnt change on the pitch

Aplayer is not a role model. I wish we would drop this role model stuff to be frank

And there is no difference whatsoever. you do that on the street, you get arrested, its against the law. Doesnt change on the pitch

Was going to say exactly the same thing, but tbh it just gets tedious after a while having to repeat one self

ah, thos so called "racist" players, they aint really racist, they just playing with opponents nerves. If they were really racist, they wouldnt play in same team with black ppl :)
Dont agree with life time ban, but also disagree that 1-2 weeks pay is enough as its like a candy money for them... 10+ match ban would be fair enough I think!

ps. My opinion is purely neutral as I am not a fan of neither chelsea nor liverpool, they are more like a teams I dislike :)

It doesnt matter that they are trying to get under the players nerve. its still against the law. if you did it on the street you would be arrested.

Minimal ban: 10 games.
Maximum ban: Lifetime.

Depending on severity, bans should be somewhat between those two values. There is a difference between being racist and using racist language. I suppose the Suarez ban is so short because of the lack of evidence, while it still looks like he was actually using racist language, but who really knows. Considering what Terry said, and the fact that their is no doubt what he said, I would be surprised if he got less than Suarez, and personally I would be looking to hand out a 15-20 game ban, if the Police don't ban him from all football grounds for 3 years.

Minimal ban: 10 games.
Maximum ban: Lifetime.

Depending on severity, bans should be somewhat between those two values. There is a difference between being racist and using racist language. I suppose the Suarez ban is so short because of the lack of evidence, while it still looks like he was actually using racist language, but who really knows. Considering what Terry said, and the fact that their is no doubt what he said, I would be surprised if he got less than Suarez, and personally I would be looking to hand out a 15-20 game ban, if the Police don't ban him from all football grounds for 3 years.

If he gets less than Suarez, i would honestly be appalled. With the evdience they seem to have. any fan would be getting a 3 year banning order.

Personally i'd like to see all abuse go, but one thing at a time

Again Suarez was not done for racist abuse, and i can assure you there were plently of people not making excuses for him.

There were still people trying to defend what Suarez said, no one is going to defend the Liverpool fan.

There were still people trying to defend what Suarez said, no one is going to defend the Liverpool fan.

Looking at the report, its not on the same level. If Saurez had done what the fan has allegedly done, he'd be in terry's position right now

First off all, John Terry should get at least the same as Suarez, 8 games at least, what's good for one is good for another.

Secondly, a fan that chants/shouts abuse should get a 2-3 month ban, which is roughly what a player would get in matches. There has to be a level of consistency that shows that footballers using racist remarks and the like are not above the law that binds every other person in the country.

On another note, it is a shame that said fan, and said player are giving Liverpool a bad name. It must be embarrassing for Kop fans.

Is anyone actually insulted by racism anymore? To be honest I think people who are racially abused only react because of how bad it's considered and because the offender can actually be punished for it. Racism is only considered as bad as it is because of how black people were treated in the past. That's the past, we're all equal now, so really, insulting someone because of their race is as bad as doing to same about their height. Just get over it and move on fgs. Those who react are just giving the offender the satisfaction of knowing they hurt you. Man up.

People only use race as an insult because of how bad it is. Take it on the chin, ignore it and people will give up because you're not affected by it.

Last edited:
Is anyone actually insulted by racism anymore? To be honest I think people who are racially abused only react because of how bad it's considered and because the offender can actually be punished for it. Racism is only considered as bad as it is because of how black people were treated in the past. That's the past, we're all equal now, so really, insulting someone because of their race is as bad as doing to same about their height. Just get over it and move on fgs. Those who react are just giving the offender the satisfaction of knowing they hurt you. Man up.

Seriously? oO)

People only use race as an insult because of how bad it is. Take it on the chin, ignore it and people will give up because you're not affected by it.

You're the most ignorant person I've come across in a good while.

single most stupid thing ive ever heard. Racism, sexism homophobis, its all wrong.

Back