Punishment For Racism/Racist Abuse

• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 4K
Is anyone actually insulted by racism anymore? To be honest I think people who are racially abused only react because of how bad it's considered and because the offender can actually be punished for it. Racism is only considered as bad as it is because of how black people were treated in the past. That's the past, we're all equal now, so really, insulting someone because of their race is as bad as doing to same about their height. Just get over it and move on fgs. Those who react are just giving the offender the satisfaction of knowing they hurt you. Man up.

People only use race as an insult because of how bad it is. Take it on the chin, ignore it and people will give up because you're not affected by it.

The biggest load of **** I've read this year.

Is anyone actually insulted by racism anymore? To be honest I think people who are racially abused only react because of how bad it's considered and because the offender can actually be punished for it. Racism is only considered as bad as it is because of how black people were treated in the past. That's the past, we're all equal now, so really, insulting someone because of their race is as bad as doing to same about their height. Just get over it and move on fgs. Those who react are just giving the offender the satisfaction of knowing they hurt you. Man up.

People only use race as an insult because of how bad it is. Take it on the chin, ignore it and people will give up because you're not affected by it.

Yet racism disagrees with this statement.

You sir, are an idiot.

I never said it's not wrong. It's as bad as any other insult. Make of that what you will.

I never said it's not wrong. It's as bad as any other insult. Make of that what you will.

No it's not.

You're so high you must have nosebleeds.
You're a black so and so.

You're really suggesting they're as bad as each other? Go back to school and some educating you stupid pillock

No it's not.

You're so high you must have nosebleeds.
You're a black so and so.

You're really suggesting they're as bad as each other? Go back to school and some educating you stupid pillock

As far as anyone else is concerned that could affect me a much as being racist could affect anyone else, yet you can get away with it.

No need to start personal attacks on people.

I think I'm just going to walk away from this argument as I don't want to say something I'll regret.

Though I will say you are totally wrong with what you have said. It's just so incredibly flawed beyond belief it's farcical.

I didn't realise Sepp Blatter was on the forum...

In reply to everyone's responses I never said racism is acceptable.. I never meant to insult anyone. However, if I were to use a racist word directed at a black person I'd be warned or banned. Have any of those who insulted me been warned or banned? This is pretty much my point.

In reply to everyone's responses I never said racism is acceptable.. I never meant to insult anyone. However, if I were to use a racist word directed at a black person I'd be warned or banned. Have any of those who insulted me been warned or banned? This is pretty much my point.

I've been warned, I'll admit how I worded it was wrong. But the point that you seem ignorant beyond belief is reinforced with the reaction you have recieved.

All abuse is wrong, but you have to start somewhere, and thats by cutting out the worst, and working your way down

Yup, people have been warned.

Danny called you a **** = warning for first timers, infraction/ban if the user has previous.

If Danny called you a black **** (or any other racial slur) then it's anything from a hefty ban to bye bye blocked IP address, depending on how i'm feeling/the severity/context.

All abuse is wrong, but you have to start somewhere, and thats by cutting out the worst, and working your way down

That's my point. I made my point by playing down racism because most forms of abuse are hidden behind racism, but IMO they should be on the same level. Even if it's an 8 match ban for calling someone an overweight ****.

As far as the three big racism stories are concerned, John Terry should receive at least equal punishment to Luis Suarez, and the Liverpool fan should receive a stadium ban for all English grounds for as long as the likes of Terry and Suarez are banned for. Around 2 months.

Im on the fence with this whole Mr Chelsea arguement.Tho I get what he is saying I think is half right and half wrong. I think he is worng because racism does still effect people and is alot worse than most other forms of abuse. Tho I agree with leaving things alone.
I used to be constantly bullied because of my red hair (once again I know they are 2 completly different situations). I was constantly called names and I reacted. I got in trouble for decking some guy and we both got in trouble. I really just learned to live with it.Pople kept slagging me but I just ignored it and eventually they stopped because they saw they werent getting a reaction out of me. Saying that I have very strong views on racial/gender/religon/ and homosexual abuse. I find people who feel the need to treat any of these people as anything less than eaual disgusting.I dont even see the reason why the hate is there. I am by no means endorsing racism but I just find verbal abuse can sometimes be dealt with alot easier by ignoring it(by the person involved and not by outside people).If you react you give the person power over you.If someone else reacts than that can also break the effect they have over you.
I begining to confuse my self with my own arguement anyway make of it what you will.Im sure I will have confused someone and I will have to try and explain that Im not a racist somewhere along the line. :)

Oh God, I'm going to get flamed for this

[Please not that this post addresses the issue purely theoretically and does not take into account the etymology of insults, or the effect that historical events have on the strength of an insult]

Mr Chelsea has a little bit of a point. Saying that racism is worse than lots of other forms of insults is in itself a discriminatory act because by attributing a higher level of insult to one phrase than another, you're actively discriminating against the ones than are deemed "lesser".

Why is racism/homophobia/sexism wrong? Because:
A) They all discriminate against a party due to illogical stereotypes
B) The person being discriminated against has no choice in the matter (key difference and one of the only ways that you can justify lots of what are deemed socially acceptable judgements)
C) They are polarise the issue and enforce the "slave master dialetic", aka: they attempt to establish one party's superiority by degrading the other (a big problem lot of people including myself, have with many of the branches of feminism)

Now, consider the discrimination in the words "scouser" or "ginger." They all fulfill the crucial criteria stated above but because they're socially acceptable, nobody seems to care. The truth is, a lot of the insults people throw around are as thoroughly unacceptable as racism, the bit where Mr Chelsea got it wrong was to say that people should shake it off. None of it should be acceptable.

Last edited:
I think the general issue is people don't actually hate other people for being tall or ginger, but some people actually have hatred of other people for the colour of their skin/sexual preference. Which is why they are deemed less socially acceptable, and obviously history plays a part. If all gingers had been enslaved at a point in time, I imagine reference back to those times by calling them a 'slave name', would be met with as much disgust as racism is met with in today's society, but they haven't, for the obvious reason that they can't work in the sunlight because they will catch on fire and burn, so they would be rather useless.

Oh God, I'm going to get flamed for this

[Please not that this post addresses the issue purely theoretically and does not take into account the etymology of insults, or the effect that historical events have on the strength of an insult]

Mr Chelsea has a little bit of a point. Saying that racism is worse than lots of other forms of insults is in itself a discriminatory act because by attributing a higher level of insult to one phrase than another, you're actively discriminating against the ones than are deemed "lesser".

Why is racism/homophobia/sexism wrong? Because:
A) They all discriminate against a party due to illogical stereotypes
B) The person being discriminated against has no choice in the matter (key difference and one of the only ways that you can justify lots of what are deemed socially acceptable judgements)
C) They are polarise the issue and enforce the "slave master dialetic", aka: they attempt to establish one party's superiority by degrading the other (a big problem lot of people including myself, have with many of the branches of feminism)

Now, consider the discrimination in the words "scouser" or "ginger." They all fulfill the crucial criteria stated above but because they're socially acceptable, nobody seems to care. The truth is, a lot of the insults people throw around are as thoroughly unacceptable as racism, the bit where Mr Chelsea got it wrong was to say that people should shake it off. None of it should be acceptable.

All abuse is wrong, but we have to start somewhere

Back