Very nice results to keep you right up there with the top-3. Seems as if this is a make it or break it month with 3 consecutive away games and then Bohemians at home. Better get those wins under your belt so morale stays high! :)

Very nice results to keep you right up there with the top-3. Seems as if this is a make it or break it month with 3 consecutive away games and then Bohemians at home. Better get those wins under your belt so morale stays high! :)

Yeah its a busy month hit we get a 20 break afterwards so should pick up morale during that time if all goes wrong ??????

Great read this Seano, really unlucky last season, losing in final and playoffs...some good players brought in this year and as you say tried to get a mix of youth and experience...good luck this season, i shall be following.

Great read this Seano, really unlucky last season, losing in final and playoffs...some good players brought in this year and as you say tried to get a mix of youth and experience...good luck this season, i shall be following.

Cheers!

Been busy with college work but hopefully will get time to play and update this evening at some stage!

Should have an update in a few hours. just playing through the next month

A decent enough month. 6 out of 9 points , our only loss against Waterford who are a tough team to beat. Progressing in one of the two cup competitions aswell but i expected to lose to Bohemians who beat us in the League Cup final last year.

Despite dominating this match for the entire match we lost by 2 goals. Our proficiency in front of goal let us down again and allows Waterford to gain a few points on us. We played well overall, bar a few defensive errors that cost us the game. Need to look into getting a few defenders in to give us a boost.

Can't fault the players here. We won , albeit just about. I'm not really bothered about the League cup - it's about the equivalent of the FA trophy for lower league teams in England i'd imagine - or the Capital One Cup. Cockhill Celtic gave us a good run for our money - they had their fair share of chances , as did we - but the one goal was good enough to see us progress.

A flawless performance against Cobh. We could of scored a lot more and probably should have but i'm happy enough with the 3 goals and a clean sheet. Griffin is performing exceptionally out wide and forces Ciaran Coll back into Left Back with Osbourne challenging him for that position. Youngster Darragh Black got himself on the scoresheet again, but he's severely lacking match fitness and i'm afraid to injure him so i'm only giving him a few matches here and there.

I wanted to rest a few of the first 11 so i played a fairly young team and in hindsight, if i played my strongest 11 i probably would of progressed as Bohemians didn't really cause us that many problems. However, as you can see by our match stats - we failed to really cause them problems. Miss out on some prize money and the opportunity for TV time but i'd rather concentrate on the league.

A nice way to end the month. Darragh Black getting himself on the scoresheet again so i'm inclined to get him starting in a few more games instead of Dean Kelly - who is very unhappy because of a half-time team talk at the start of the season so i might have to try and offload him before he causes anymore problems. Marc Griffin played well aswell and i think i've found his best position on the left wing.

We find ourselves on top of the league , but Waterford do have 2 games in hand so we could end up 2nd in a few weeks time. It's a very open league so we need to keep our foot on the gas.

Seeing as there is a 20-day breakin June i'm going to squeeze July into the next update aswell!

This is a first for me - a near perfect month! despite a loss to Shelbourne and a draw at Shamrock Rovers - it would've been a perfect month!

Not the ideal way to start the update but i'm not too downhearted. It was an end - to end match. Plus we were away from home so it was always going to be difficult in my eyes. We had plenty of chances but i would've of taken a draw as a fair result, but a late goal had me pulling my hair out.

What an unbelievable win! Cork City are a strong premier Division team and to beat them 4-0 is a huge thing. Our Cup luck goes on! Completely bossed this game away from home so, could we reach the final again?

Nice way to follow up the cup win with. It was a tight game at first - going down within the first 5 minutes or so but we managed to get level almost immediately and built on that. Despite conceding again we never really looked like losing - we're a far superior team and could've scored a lot more. Marc Griffin continuing his goal scoring run and Darragh Black popping up again. Considering making him first choice striker now.

A tighter match than i would've liked but we got through it in the end. Wexford had a lot of attempts but some good goalkeeping from Ciaran Gallagher made sure we stayed in the game. Marc Griffin again popping up with two nice goals ( one which was 2nd in the Goal of the month ) - He's looking great and scoring plenty considering he's out on the left wing.

Another big win against one of the bigger teams in the league. We're performing really well away from home recently which is unusual for me - i usually struggled at the away stadiums! Pat McCann popped up again from his usual outside of the box goal - he's insane at them. Ciaran Gallagher is also performing well despite the lack of clean sheets.

Probably our biggest win of the season - this gives us a nice cushion lead at the top of the table. I always struggled against Waterford so i'm delighted to get a win over them. Pat McCann getting his second goal in as many games with another long range effort. He's insane for a Yank! Darragh black popping up with another 2 goals to add to his tally - he's developing well so i'm hoping to take him to the top!

Oh well the win-run had to end eventually - just disappointed it came against one of the weaker teams in the league. Not much to talk about in this match - very full and boring game at Tolka Park.

Nice way to finish this update - beating the team that beat us at the start of this update! Marc Griffin again coming inside on that left flank and popping up with the only goal of the game. Other than that - it was fairly tame.

Big gap there now at the top of the table so i'm tempted to say that we're going to win the league - unless we really go downhill from here. The win's over Waterford and UCD very important this month.

Don't think we'll be getting a Top Goalscorer as our goals are coming from everywhere at the minute but look at the average ratings - full of Harps players. Aswell as Sean McCarron leading the assists table!

A semi-final to look forward to in the next update with another important game away to Waterford. Hoping for an invincible week! :D

Going strong here! 9 points in the clear is right where you want to be at and this should not slip through your fingers anymore really :). Good luck!

Going strong here! 9 points in the clear is right where you want to be at and this should not slip through your fingers anymore really :). Good luck!

looking good for promotion mate, keep it up!

Cheers fella's.

I'll hopefully get to play another month this evening at some stage and get an update up soon.

Sorry for the wait lads - been swamped with college work which thankfully eases off after today so should have something up soon!

May be a silly question Seano but have they just introduced a new club or did someone fold? Dont exactly get a lot of news about Irish football down here!

Well there's only 8 First Division teams - 2 years ago there was Mervue and Salthill (both in Galway) but at the end of that season they were both removed from the league and a new team were formed Galway United.

So two were taken out and one was put in - so that was the league down to 7 but another team was entered Shamrock Rovers B - to make up the 8th team ( They're like a B team of Shamrock Rovers ). Now with the introduction of Cabinteely FC there will be 9 teams, so i would imagine Shamrock Rovers B will be removed. I'm not too sure.

Basically - there is no Relegation from First Division because they are the only Senior teams in the Country - the rest play in Junior Leagues ( Amateur Football ) and in order to join a Senior League, you need to apply to the FAI and prove that you have a foundation setup that can support the team financially and have the structure in place so they don't fold.

In the past teams have tried to join the Senior Leagues , namely Sporting Fingal and Dublin City - but both folded after a few years due to running our of money. Everyone naturally wants the new team Cabinteely FC to succeed , but past trends have shown that they will more than likely fold after a few seasons.

It's pretty confusing - so if you're confused i'll write a more in-depth post later.

Well there's only 8 First Division teams - 2 years ago there was Mervue and Salthill (both in Galway) but at the end of that season they were both removed from the league and a new team were formed Galway United.

So two were taken out and one was put in - so that was the league down to 7 but another team was entered Shamrock Rovers B - to make up the 8th team ( They're like a B team of Shamrock Rovers ). Now with the introduction of Cabinteely FC there will be 9 teams, so i would imagine Shamrock Rovers B will be removed. I'm not too sure.

Basically - there is no Relegation from First Division because they are the only Senior teams in the Country - the rest play in Junior Leagues ( Amateur Football ) and in order to join a Senior League, you need to apply to the FAI and prove that you have a foundation setup that can support the team financially and have the structure in place so they don't fold.

In the past teams have tried to join the Senior Leagues , namely Sporting Fingal and Dublin City - but both folded after a few years due to running our of money. Everyone naturally wants the new team Cabinteely FC to succeed , but past trends have shown that they will more than likely fold after a few seasons.

It's pretty confusing - so if you're confused i'll write a more in-depth post later.

Think i've got it, did do a quick double take when i first saw you were playing against Shamrock B but just thought they must of won promotion or something. Didnt realise that was an impossibilty lol

Update is imminent!

Last edited:
It wasn't an overly difficult month for us. 2 difficult games in the league against Waterford and Drogheda and a difficult League Cup game against Dundalk.

The team should be crucified for conceding 3 goals in the last 10 minutes. That was horrendous. First half was brilliant , we were looking very dangerous and exciting to watch but the second half wasn't the same. Very complacent. We really let ourselves down here and gave the other teams a chance to catch up on us.

Not going to talk about this one much. 4-0 down after 15 minutes is not good enough, even against a bigger team like Dundalk. We tried to claw it back, getting two goals to close the gap but we just weren't good enough in front of goal and lapses in concentration cost us dearly at the start of the match.

Boom! Glad to get back to winning ways against Drogheda. Great match to watch. That man Pat McCann popping up with another fabulous long range goal. I don't know how he does it. Nice to see a goal coming from one of the defensive players, Packie Malley coming up for a corner and scoring a nice headed goal. Rounding up our scoring was Marc Griffin with another nicely slotted goal. He's racking them up now. We lost number 1 goalkeeper Ciaran Gallagher to injury but he should be back soon enough. Couldn't keep the clean sheet though.
Overall a very pleasing game.

It's like Cobh Ramblers all over again. We blew it after getting a 2 goal lead in the first half. The 10 minute advantage of having an extra man really helped but even when we had our own Keith Cowan sent off we looked in control. Second half was a different story. Almost immediately conceding and it went down hill from there. Just as it looked like we were going to get a draw they managed a late goal to steal the points.

This was a very important match. If we won, we guaranteed a play-off spot, which for me, isn't enough but something to build on. First 20 minutes were fairly boring up until Darragh Black was taken out of it in the penalty area to hand us a spot kick which Gareth Harkin converted to give us the lead. 3 minutes later , Packie Malley fancied himself for another headed goal and went up for a corner nodding in at the back post. As soon as we got to half-time i made sure the lads weren't going to get complacent - which isn't something i like to do - i usually feel it puts the morale of the players down. It did the job though. Despite conceding later on we managed to hold onto the lead, thanks to Pat McCann keeping our 2 goal advantage with another outside of the box bullet.

We've got a nice little 8 points cushion there at the top of the league going into the final month of the season. Drogheda really struggling at the bottom of the table after getting relelgated.

Should be a fairly straight forward month. UCD being the only team i'm worried about.

There you have it boys! After getting the 4 points from the last 4 matches we won the league! After winning this i let the Assistant take control of the last 2 games and this is what happened..

i'm not that bothered though. A against UCD and a draw against Shamrock Rovers B gave us the title!

Along with the title the club claimed two more awards.

I got myself Manager of the Year and number 1 goalkeeper Ciaran Gallagher got himself the Goalkeeper of the Year!

We can now look forward to the prospect of playing in the Premier Division!

Nicely done Seano, the title, promotion & manager of the year! Now to build for the Premiership!