Expected a little reaction to the change but no worries - I'll have an update later today.

Expected a little reaction to the change but no worries - I'll have an update later today.
With the change im guessing the domestic side of things you should dominate from the start and it will all be about making money and Europe. thats my aim

With the change im guessing the domestic side of things you should dominate from the start and it will all be about making money and Europe. thats my aim

Yeah there's a good squad there so should be looking to win the league straight away. Finances are positive aswell. Will provide and overview of the club in a bit.

Hopefully be able to kick the league's reputation up if you put in some decent performances

View attachment 302613
Pre-Season

View attachment 302612
Pretty decent pre-season run. Including a new Trophy, the All-Ireland Cup, which features teams from either side of the border. Hoping the grab my first piece of cup glory through this to kick off my Bit o' Red career.

View attachment 302611
Not that much transfer news to talk about. Lost my number 1 keeper to Dundalk on a free transfer so it's only fitting that we took their best. Alan Goulding was already on his way to the club before i joined so hes the only player that i haven't personally picked up.

View attachment 302609
Needed a backup striker with a bit of potential to grow and this guy fits the bill nicely.

View attachment 302608
Should turn out to be a decent winger with a bit of training.

View attachment 302607
Decent keeper, the best i could find. He should do well for us in this league, once we get into Europe i'll be looking for a replacement.

View attachment 302606
Should turn into a pretty good left back. Great physical stats along with bravery and determination and even has a bit of flair.

Club Overview
View attachment 302603
Sligo are a club with a successful history, lifting plenty of silverware over the years.

View attachment 302598
Decent finances aswell, it's very rare to find an irish club with their finances in the black. Hopefully can build on this and improve the facilities to get some decent youth players in.

Schedule
View attachment 302592
Here's what the first few months will look like. We play Finn Harps fairly early in the season. Interesting to see how the fans will react to my return at my new club, who happen to be their fiercest rivals!

Been away for a week so couldn't really follow, but wow, such changes!

Two good finishes with Finn Harps in the Premier league! I suppose there was nothing more to gain if you didn't get professional status? Like the fact that you stayed on in Ireland to take over one of the biggest teams there :). Good luck mate!

Been away for a week so couldn't really follow, but wow, such changes!

Two good finishes with Finn Harps in the Premier league! I suppose there was nothing more to gain if you didn't get professional status? Like the fact that you stayed on in Ireland to take over one of the biggest teams there :). Good luck mate!

Cheers! Unless i actually won the league with Harps i was never going to get professional status. I thought Rovers were Professional but they're not- i think Shamrock Rovers and maybe Dundalk are the only two professional teams i'm not too sure.

I'm fairly confident about Sligo, it has a good setup in place!

Do you consider that you can achieve professional status by qualifying for Europe? Would you need consecutive qualifications perhaps? It would at least boost finances to increase your chances

Do you consider that you can achieve professional status by qualifying for Europe? Would you need consecutive qualifications perhaps? It would at least boost finances to increase your chances

Well at the minute, if i ask the board for Professional status, they agree with me that it would be well worth it but they don't have the finances, so if i win the title and get to the group stages, or at least the latter qualifying stages for a year, then hopefully i'd get it. I'm also limited to scouting in the Republic of Ireland at the minute, so getting a larger scouting network would also come with professional status.

Sorry folks!
Bit stuck for game time at the minute. I'll try and get something done this evening. College is a curse!

View attachment 300770
March
View attachment 300769
A good month in the Premier League anyway, unbeaten so far. Got off to a great start with an away draw against Shamrock Rovers, followed by a good win against Cork City at home. We didn't do so well in the All-Ireland Cup, drawing against Cork City at home and later on in the month losing way from home. Our first match against my former employers Finn Harps couldn't have been any better. Totally bossed them, scoring two lovely goals. Lost in the league cup, which i wasn't too bothered about, to a strong Derry City team and we finished off the month narrowly beating Galway at home.

April
View attachment 300765
Not a great month. Started off the month losing to St Pat's, followed by 2 wins, the first at home to Dundalk and the second away from home at Bohemians. Slightly disappointed to lose to Derry at home, although i consider them a strong team, i felt we did enough to win the game. We picked up a point away to Limerick, but we should have won, conceding in the last minute to share the spoils. To finish off the month we had a poor home fixture against Shelbourne, who we should be easily beating, especially at home.

May
View attachment 300763
Great start to May. with 3 wins off the bat. A narrow victory at home against Wexford Youths followed by a big win away at Cork City, good to get a game with a few goals in it. Next up was Shamrock Rovers at home, who we narrowly defeated thanks to a late goal. Another home fixture against St. Pats didn't go well at all. We never looked like winning and ended up conceding a late goal to give them all 3 points. Things went downhill in the next match against Galway United, who bossed us away from home. Despite having a large number of attempts on goal we failed to threaten their goalkeeper. They scored two fantastic team goals. That was the end of the league for May, but we have the 2nd Round of the Senior Challenge Cup to look forward too against Mervue United. This fixture was far too close for my liking, shouldn't of scored 4 or 5 goals in the first match but ended up drawing despite dominating the game. The second leg was much better despite conceding a late goal.

June
View attachment 300741
Just the one league game to talk about this month. A home fixture against Finn Harps, ended in a disappointing draw.

View attachment 300740
With just less than half of the season played we're in comfortable position, with 6 points seperating us from top spot and 5 points behind 2nd. As you can see from the league table, we have the best defensive record in the division but if you look at the goals scored column, we're quite a bit behind the bigger teams. So need to look at that issue. Looking at the first half of the season, we've done well against the bigger teams like Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk, but dropped points against Galway , Finn Harps and Limerick.

View attachment 300737
McMillan has been the best player at our disposal so far this season, contributing 8 goals and 2 assists.

View attachment 300735
Here's how the next few months look.

View attachment 300734
Just to show our finances. We're in the black,which is good but not by much.​

Last edited:
I'll be making a return to this shortly.

Just needed a break from it.