May 2013

FULHAM DEFY THE ODDS!!

Despite being tipped for mid-season obscurity at the start of the season little Fulham marched their way into the top three and an unbelievable place in the Champions League group stages.

Seven points clear of 5th place at one point we were pegged back and looked like missing out on a top 4 place altogether as Spurs and Man Utd jostled to overtake us.

Run In

Man City (away)

Aston Villa (away)

Chelsea (home)

Chelsea and City were battling it out for the league so the Villa game was our only realistic change of some points. Would three points be enough however?

As it turned out 6 was enough!!

View attachment 335312

We had a 9-goal thriller with City, losing 6-3 in the end. Villa were pushed aside but we needed to beat league leaders Chelsea in our final game to guarantee CL football. Chelsea needed a win to claim the title so I feared the worst. However, not for the first time this season, we upset the odds!

View attachment 335311

Final Table

View attachment 335310View attachment 335309

Prm: 3rd
FA Cup: Semis
League Cup: Quarters

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME!

Squad Overview

View attachment 335313

Star man was without doubt Dimi Berbatov. Without his goals we'd probably have been relegated! Bryan Ruiz was spectacular in the AMC when he was fit but sadly that wasn't too often. I might try to sell him in the summer as I don't like injury prone players and with a world class and fit player in the AMC role I think we can do even better next season.

Last edited:
Summer 2013

Our Director of Football Les Reed has been a very, very busy man.

With the new tv deal and Champions League football we were given almost £40m to spend. The scouts went out in search of some DMs, an AMC and maybe an AMR if needed.

Bearing in mind we have Ospina, Douglas and Jose Casado all arriving on frees we could now focus on adding genuine quality to the squad.

OUT:

Bryan Ruiz (AMC) - £15m to Dortmund
A quality player but too injury prone. One played 26 games last year out of a potential 48.

Steve Sidwell (DM) - £525,000 to Swansea
Big wages for a back up player. No good.

Philipe Senderos (DC) - £2.4m to Parma
Free signing Douglas will take his place.

Hugo Rodagella (ST) - Loan to Club Brugge
Option to buy for £2.5m.

Targets Identified: (Over £55m to spend)

William
Alex Teixeira
Yann M'Vila
Etienne Capoue
Vladimir Weiss
Georginio Wijnaldum
Chicharito
Antonio Valencia
...and others.

omg awsome season mate well done cant wait to see who you sign

TRANSFERS IN

We missed on William, Muniain, Chicharito and a few others as they proved too expensive but the DoF was indeed busy.

Yann M'Vila (DM)
£14.25m from Rubin Kazan

Etienne Capoue (DM)
£13m from Toulouse

Georginio Wijnaldum (AMC)
£11.25m from PSV

Vladimir Weiss (AMR)
£8.75m from Pescara

Rainford Kalaba (AMC)
£2.3m from TP Mazembe

IN: £50m
OUT: £20m

Some great business done by the DoF. Alongside our three free signings the squad has been boosted significantly.

Hopefully they gel quickly and we don't suffer from second season syndrome and appearances in the Champions League can become the norm rather than a one-off fluke

August/September 2013

SECOND SEASON SYNDROME!!

View attachment 335521

An utterly disastrous start to the campaign! Our new signings are playing like total strangers and the opposition seem to have figured our tactics out. Perhaps a change is needed.

View attachment 335523

Our first ever Champions League group is an easy one....NOT!

FULHAM
AC MILAN
Porto
PSV

October/November/December 2013

FULHAM BOSS CLINGING ON!!

View attachment 335548

Never a nice thing to see. Me and my assistant are on the brink of being shown the door!

View attachment 335552

However we have noticed an upturn in form. It seems when Berbatov scores we win. 39 goals last year; only 9 this campaign. A new striker may be arriving in January (if we can afford one).

View attachment 335550View attachment 335549

Ironically the Champions League was alarmingly easy.

View attachment 335551

Inter Milan await.

So you come 3rd in the league and happen to qualify for the Champs League yet they want to sack you.... I mean your assistant?
Nice job Fulham xD

Anyways nice job with all the results and the signings :D

January/February 2014

PRESSURE EASES

View attachment 335564

We kept up our improved performances and the pressure began to lift. Hopefully the team can settle down now a bit and we can maybe push on for a Europa League spot as a top four place may be beyond us now.

View attachment 335563

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

A very credible 2-2 draw in the San Siro against Inter Milan sets us up nicely for what will be the biggest night in Craven Cottage's history for the return leg. Can we do it??

As usual I sent the scouts out round Europe to assess any decent player who may be available on a free in 6 months time. Several were spotted and the Director of Football managed to nab some...

Jordy Clasie

View attachment 335565

Toby Alderweireld

View attachment 335568

Nicolas Tagliafico

View attachment 335566

...and with Berbatov's goals drying up compared to last year we splashed a bit of cash on Arsenal's Shane Long. Others like Andy Carroll and Daniel Sturridge rejected us.

View attachment 335567

So you come 3rd in the league and happen to qualify for the Champs League yet they want to sack you.... I mean your assistant?
Nice job Fulham xD

Anyways nice job with all the results and the signings :D
Whatever happened to giving a manager time!? lol

End of Season 2013/14

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Against all the odds we topped our group and gained a very good 2-2 at the San Siro against Inter Milan, arguably Fulham's greatest European moment...

...well, until the second leg!!

View attachment 335588

The might Italians toppled by little Fulham! Next up..some team called Barcelona (never heard of them :p).

_______

1st Leg

Barcelona 1 v 0 Fulham

View attachment 335584

Undoubtedly the red card changed the game as we were holding it together quite well.
________

2nd Leg

Fulham 0 v 2 Barcelona

View attachment 335587

We bow out 3-0 on aggregate but we put up a good fight against the all-powerful Spanish giants.

In the league we started to show some consistency at long last sealing a top five finish and guaranteeing European football next year. If only we didn't have such a slow start to the season!

View attachment 335589

View attachment 335586View attachment 335585

______
Squad

View attachment 335590

As you can see without Berba's goals this year we didn't perform as well. Dimi is out of contract soon and 33 now so he'll leave and our summer transfer activity will focus on getting in a top class replacement. A left back may be needed as we've been using Briggs mostly and whilst decent he isn't top class.
_________

Anyway, an interesting season with many ups and an equal amount of downs.

I'm certain the big overhaul of the squad in the summer played a big factor in our very poor start to the season and I was almost sacked as a result. This summer we'll focus on adding only one or two real quality players rather than several signings and maybe hit the ground running next year.

Normally I would say stay where you are but in this case I think Liverpool would be very interesting...

well done are you useing the same tac?

No, it struggled start of second season. I will return to it when the squad settles down.

go mate see if this can keep goinhg with a top team

Normally I would say stay where you are but in this case I think Liverpool would be very interesting...

Ok I'll join Liverpool, see if I can return them to their glory days

Are you playing on FMC or just using that skin?

Using FMC

liverpool-fc-logo.jpg

W4NKER IN CHARGE OF LIVERPOOL!!

The lure of England's second most successful club was too much to turn down.

Getting the right staff is the priority then we can add a few quality players. I don't want to make wholesale changes as I did second season with Fulham as we took quite sometime to gel.

______

Director of Football

Les Reed - Followed me from Fulham as he did a terrific job there.

View attachment 335657

Assistant Manager

Mauro Tassotti - Great tactical knowledge and, like me, a fan of the traditional 442
View attachment 335659

Transfers

View attachment 335658

Few outs (Glen Johnson, Stewart Downing) and better replacements (Sebastien Corchia, Wilfred Bony, Douglas Costa).

Selling shelvey could be a mistake, he turn into a class player in the end, I got offered £20mil for him a couple of seasons in.

But really good story, keep it up.

Selling shelvey could be a mistake, he turn into a class player in the end, I got offered £20mil for him a couple of seasons in.

But really good story, keep it up.
After two seasons his stats weren't great and I like pacey players (with hair :p) which Jonjo certainly is not