October/November 2014

TIGHT AT THE TOP!

View attachment 335781

Qualification in the Europa League was off set by an early knock-out in the Capital One Cup to former club Fulham.

In the league we are doing okay and we as high as second for a while but its very very tight at the top of the table. Away form is a worry and may need looked at.

View attachment 335780

December/January 2014/15

INJURIES GALORE!!

View attachment 336150

We remain in the hunt for a top four spot but injuries to Gerrard, Suarez, Douglas Costa and Wilfred Bony away at the African Cup of Nations our form has dipped recently.

View attachment 336148
________

The DoF was busy again...

Alvaro Vadillo (AML)
£8.25m from Real Betis

View attachment 336147

The only fee paid. Signed to stop the assistant playing Suarez on the left wing. Vadillo made his debut and tore his achilles - out for 4 months! Nice.

Iker Muniain (AMCL)
Free from Bilbao
View attachment 336149

Seydou Doumbia (ST)
Free from CSKA

View attachment 336151

Alen Halilovic (AMC)
Free from Dinamo

View attachment 336146

Vandinho (ST)
Free from Bahia

View attachment 336152

February/March 2015

EURO JOURNEY CONTINUES!

View attachment 336154

With players coming back from injury one by one we see our form improve, no less so than in the Europa League were Beskitas and uber-wealthy PSG are brushed aside. Shakhtar await in the next round.

View attachment 336153

7 points behinds the leaders, it seems a top four is the best we can hope for.
_________

With the like of Diame, Joe Allen and Coates being out of favour with the assistant I have had to over rule his team selection on occasion in order to keep everyone happy. Very little squad rotation by the staff I have noticed

Last edited:
April 2015

A TITLE CHALLENGE!?!?

View attachment 336156

A blistering run of form with 8 wins from 8 has seen us close the gap on Utd to a single point.

A 1-0 first leg win over Tottenham in the Europa League semi final has us dreaming of a double!

View attachment 336155
________

3 games against West Ham, Crystal Palace and Blackpool; 3 must wins and someone to take points of Man Utd and Liverpool can claim a first-ever Premier League title..

May 2015

LIVERPOOL PIPPED TO THE TITLE!!

View attachment 336160

We matched Utd stride for stride in the run in but sadly couldn't wrestle them off top spot.

The final day of the season saw them 1-0 and a man down to Tottenham but second half goals from Buttner and RVP won them the title.

View attachment 336162

Nevertheless we were miles behind at one point so at least we know when everyone is fit we are certainly capable of claiming that elusive title.

We also missed out on Europa League glory as Spurs stole an extra time victory and eventually went on to lift the trophy.

Squad

View attachment 336161

A fairly old squad by my standards as I rarely keep players over 27/28. Usually sell them for big bucks and get younger players with less wages in instead so Reina, Skrtel, Agger and Enrique all face the chop as do Carroll and Sturridge with Muniain and Doumbia arriving on frees in July.

ANFIELD INCREASED!

View attachment 336181

Won't see the financial benefits of this until the 2016/17 season but will enable us to compete at the very top of world football.

Progress:

FULHAM (2012-present)

2012/13

Prem - 3rd
FA Cup - Semis
League Cup - Quarters

2013/14
Prem - 5th
FA Cup - 3rd Rnd
League Cup - 3rd Rnd
Champions League - Quarter Final

LIVERPOOL (2014-present)

2014/15
Prem - 2nd
FA Cup - 4th Rnd
League Cup - 4th Rnd
Europa League - Semi Final

2015/16

I'm thinking of adding the German and Spanish leagues and maybe one day doing this 'lazy manager' with a Bayern or a Barcelona.

What do you think? I'd add a wee rule where I can never apply for a job. The big boys will have to ask me.

Last edited:
well done mate unlucky with the league and i like your plan for the big boy have to beg you to take there job offer

Haha nice story, just don't tell barca or bayern that you're doing nothing :p

Summer 2015

Just as the season ended I was offered the Norway international job. Sitting 3rd in their group with 4 games still to play I thought it would be a good challenge to try and make the playoffs at least so I accepted. Again, squad selection and starting XI will be selected by the assistant (Michael Lindeman - my former Fulham assistant)

View attachment 336314

Transfers

IN

With Alen Halilovic, Iker Muniain and Seydou Doumbia arriving on frees I didn't want to make drastic changes to the first team squad, with only one of our signings going straight into the first team.

Nicolas Nkoulou (DC)
£27.5m from Marseilles

View attachment 336318

We did sign a few youngsters who will be ready for the first team in a couple of seasons:

Jonathan Granger (GK)
£7.5m from PSG

View attachment 336316

Top prospect. Tried to sign ter Stegen to replace an ageing Pep Reina but the fee was ridiculous. Hopefully Granger can be a cheaper alternative next season.

Robert Barje (DM)
£4.5m from Bremen

View attachment 336320

Paterne Kawaya (ST)
£5m from PSG

View attachment 336319

Two very young players with very bright futures ahead of them.

And Fowler is back at Liverpool!!

View attachment 336315

A youth academy product. Very excited about this kid.

OUT:

Mostly old fellas and players unhpapy at a lack of first team football

Oussama Assaidi - £5m to Lyon

Andy Carroll - £7.5m to Stoke (shock!)

Samed Yesil - £5m to Cardiff

Mohamed Diame - £7m to Palermo

Daniel Agger - £16m to Man City

Sterling, Morgan, Robinson and Suso all left on loan for first team football experience.

View attachment 336317

August/September 2015

Our away from at the start of the campaign is worrying to say the least. Will give it a bit longer before considering a change.

The ever-green Steven Gerrard continues to carry Liverpool FC it seems..

View attachment 336814

View attachment 336813