Q.P.R Point Deduction..

Joneesy

CHAMPI2NS
Reaction score
QPR are prepared to wreck the Championship play-offs – as they are facing the threat of a 15-POINT deduction.

Rangers fear their automatic ticket to the Premier League – and a £90million windfall – will be ripped up when an independent commission rules on their controversial Alejandro Faurlin signing.

But People Sport can reveal that the Hoops will appeal against any deduction – sparking the biggest legal wrangle ever in English football.

The decision is due on the eve of the final match of the Championship season, on May 6 – but Rangers would have 14 DAYS to appeal.

It would throw the play-offs into chaos, with the semi-finals due to start on May 12.

If Neil Warnock’s team lose 10 or 15 points – which FA insiders reckon is probable – it will spark mayhem.

But if they are not penalised by a points deduction, the third-placed club could begin legal action for losing out on promotion and a £90m jackpot to a team that allegedly broke the rules.

QPR – who deny the charges, but hope to escape with a massive fine – are prepared to go all the way to get any points restored.

If a large points deduction were imposed, the Londoners would drop out of the top two and the third-placed club would head for an automatic promotion place.

But the play-offs, including the Wembley final, would become pointless as the legal battle rages on.

The only thing QPR and the FA agree on is that an appeal would make the play-offs meaningless.

And Wembley chiefs are in a panic about the verdict and its overall implications – holding several fraught meetings over recent days.

Faurlin has played 39 games this season and been a key part of the club’s success since his move from Argentinian side Instituto de Cordoba.

But Rangers face seven charges relating to Faurlin – the four most serious over an allegation he was owned by a third party – an arrangement outlawed after West Ham’s Carlos Tevez affair in 2007.

The FA want to know where the Faurlin fee ended up, and are looking into the player’s paper trail.

However, the investigation – which began eight months ago – is painfully slow and causing problems.

Rangers met the commission chief recently and astonishingly new questions were raised which have yet to be answered.

So the three-day hearing, starting a week on Wednesday, has an uphill task to make one of the biggest rulings ever.

A leading official said last night: “There is potential madness ahead. Nobody knows, at any level, what the procedure is after that.

“The play-offs begin a week later and nobody would know who was playing who.

“Clubs, fans and organisers would not know when the games were on and how long the process would take.”

There seems to be no room for negotiating the size of the penalty. And there is no precedent for the case which is causing turmoil at FA HQ.

Comparisons have been made to the Tevez saga, but the Premier League took charge of that affair and controversially let off West Ham with a heavy fine and NO points deduction.

Sheffield United – ironically managed by Warnock at the time – went on to win a separate court action and collected millions in compensation from the Irons after being relegated.

QPR’s case would give the team that finishes third similar grounds for legal action.

as a Reading fan..

trolololol. get into 3rd!

If only the FA could do this simply and before the playoffs and the end of the season- Too much common sense?

Hopefully QPR don't get any points deducted, they've been top all season and it would be a massive blow if their players and Neil Warnock had to put hard-work into the playoffs- Especially as its not their fault, and its the owners fault.

It's sour balls. They can deal with the matter after the season ends and the teams promoted to the Premier League have been decided, not at the death of it when there are just three games left and being on the verge of winning the Championship. That's ridiculous.

It's sour balls. They can deal with the matter after the season ends and the teams promoted to the Premier League have been decided, not at the death of it when there are just three games left and being on the verge of winning the Championship. That's ridiculous.
If they deal with it at the end, when the clubs going up has been decided, the other clubs who didn't go up can bring legal action against the FA. They have to it before the end of the season.

If they deal with it at the end, when the clubs going up has been decided, the other clubs who didn't go up can bring legal action against the FA. They have to it before the end of the season.

But even if, why does it matter now? If they had investigated it a little more in-depth mid-way through the season and dealt action against QPR, then it would be much more reasonable then doing it when the season is almost over.

And once again, a laughing stock is made of the FA. What a complete and utter mess this is going to be, with the potential to open up a major can of worms. Why wasn't this investigated sooner? With this case, the FA is going to face a major headache. They've got themselves between a major boulder and a hardplace, never mind a rock. And if QPR did know about this, they pretty much shouldn't get a penny of any windfall.
But if they do get promoted, and if QPR are guilty, I'd give them a 15-point penalty and no cash windfall for next season, and have the money split between the clubs below Rangers

If they are denied promotion for this, I don't think it'll be fair.

They've been top all season and their key man has been Taarabt, not really Faurlin. Of course, he's played a lot of games and done well - but to deny them whole club promotion and a £90M windfall because of one player is not fair.

Of course other teams should feel aggrieved, but didn't Cardiff come under controversy for being able to sign Bellamy on loan despite not being able to pay wages or something like that..

If they are deducted points Neil Warnock will be the most unlucky man ever.

Fa needs to have some consistency.

Fa needs to have some consistency.

The day that happens will be the day that **** freezes over. FA just needs a complete restructure and get people in who know what they are doing

For neutrals, in a way it would be very funny if this prevented their promotion.

I still think it's ridiculous though.

Well - if they have broken the rules I don't see the problem in wrecking their promotion chances.

If you break the rules of the game - you deserve to be punished - stopping their promotion seems adequate.

How come its only just being sorted out? When was this player signed? Wasnt it nearly two years ago? Its an absolute joke and as much as I dislike Neil Warnock I think it would be a disgrace if they are denied promotion because of this

They wont do it, if they deduct points then QPR will appeal and then the playoffs will be put on hold with the team who finished 7th not knowing whether they are in the playoffs or not. They will deduct the ammount of points which still means QPR will go up automaticly trust me.

I think it will be the same as the west ham situation a few years ago, just a massive fine which wont really hurt QPR with the money they gain from promotion

If a points deduction is the decision, you can bet your bottom dollar Warnock will go MENTAL.

Remember it was his Sheffield United who were relegated after West Ham received a fine and no points deduction for pretty much the same offence. The FA have set the precedent there, and to administer a different punishment to the one West Ham received would spark off an absolute circus of protests, court cases etc etc.

The FA have left it too late to give a deduction imo., If they had deducted points when the case was announced then QPR would have at least had a chance to recoup the lost points and push for automatic promotion.

Last edited:
They'll deduct like 5 points, enough for QPR to still go up.

I think they won't deduct QPR but just give them a huge fine and if they do deduct any points i think it will only be like 5 and then they are still promoted.

This is a disgrace. QPR play well all season and are thrashing the other teams (in terms of points) at the top and the FA may deduct them loads of points just because they 'tapped up' one player. Warnock doesn't deserve it, he has had some bad luck with the player 'tapping up' thing.

On the other hand, they have broken rules and deserve to be punished, but on the pitch? I don't think so. The signing was made off the pitch and so the punishment should be not football related. If they are guilty, they should be fined the a 'transfer fee' for Faurlin and some extra, for rule breaking.

Interesting to see how Warnock reacts to any ruling, having been on the wrong end of a similar situation involving Sheffield United, a particular Argentinian, and West Ham in 2007....

This is a disgrace. QPR play well all season and are thrashing the other teams (in terms of points) at the top and the FA may deduct them loads of points just because they 'tapped up' one player. Warnock doesn't deserve it, he has had some bad luck with the player 'tapping up' thing.

On the other hand, they have broken rules and deserve to be punished, but on the pitch? I don't think so. The signing was made off the pitch and so the punishment should be not football related. If they are guilty, they should be fined the a 'transfer fee' for Faurlin and some extra, for rule breaking.

They didnt tap him up mate they signed him and he was still part owned by a third party which is not allowed in England. Like i said earlier no matter what QPR will be in the PL next season. No way will they deduct so many points that QPR wont get automaticly promoted because they will appeal it and then the playoffs will be put on hold etc etc.