Q.P.R Point Deduction..

As I have a soft spot for QPR I hope they don't get points deducted. It would be unfair on them because they've been top for most if not all season. Hopefully it is just a fine that the FA give QPR.

ahhh **** off :p

But seriously Neil Warnock and the BBC have both said that they think it will be a fine and yes, i am probably being slightly biased but I don't think they should deduct points, we still payed the money for the player, they say its not a registered agent but he's on the list of UEFA registered agents. I just hope it is a fine and we can move on as I think a lot of people would admit we have been top all season and probably deserved to go up, it's not like we had an advantage as we still payed money for the player.Please excuse me if i am being mislead but this is what i think happened.

P.S Warnock has seriously calmed, if you watch his interviews, he's very laid back and actually doesn't complain too much, although sometimes he complains about our performance, but he is quite fair nowadays and never bangs on about referee's

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

I think it will be the same as the west ham situation a few years ago, just a massive fine which wont really hurt QPR with the money they gain from promotion

It wouldn't hurt us anyway, we have the richest owners in the world :p

it would be pretty funny if this did happen but totally outrageous. They have been by far the best team in the league this season so they deserve to go up. Would be yet more double standards from the FA

Deduct the points at the start of next season that way the promotion isn't harmed and the right punishment is dealt. Giving just a fine would be stupid as it would mean **** all after them just earning 90 million for promotion plus they have one of the worlds richest chairman.

So you're saying that if a club has lots of money, they should be deducted points instead of fine even if that was the fair punishment.

I'm not saying a fine is the fair punishment in this case, just that what you said is dum.

No, the rule is that teams should be deducted points if an unregistered player is fielded. What I'm saying is that if they decided to fine them it wouldn't have any impact because of all the money in the club

No, the rule is that teams should be deducted points if an unregistered player is fielded. What I'm saying is that if they decided to fine them it wouldn't have any impact because of all the money in the club

So what your saying is.. If Bill Gates was caught doing 100mph on the M1, instead of fining him like normal- Put him in jail for 3 months, because he has all the money in the world and a fine would do nothing?

QPR should be fined, it doesn't matter how rich they are- The FA would fine us if we did something like that, even though we couldn't pay our fine.

On another note... Laugh out loud at QPR fans who ran onto the pitch at Loftus, then hearing the news that Norwich scored in the 96th minute to prevent their crowning.

It's not about us not registering him, it's about the legality of the signing

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

On another note... Laugh out loud at QPR fans who ran onto the pitch at Loftus, then hearing the news that Norwich scored in the 96th minute to prevent their crowning.

Yeah, I ran onto pitch :) but the BBC Video is stupid because they show like three fans who look upset, but if they showed the pitch, they would have seen 10,000 fans celebrating happily despite most of them knowing Norwich had scored.

Guilty

QPR'S automatic promotion into the Premier League is set to be blocked by the FA.

SunSport understands the runaway Championship leaders are likely to face a big points deduction - possibly up to 15 - if they are found guilty of breaking strict third-party ownership rules over the signing of Alejandro Faurlin.
The evidence against the West London club is said to be damning and they could now end up in the play-offs.
The only winners would be Cardiff and Norwich who could then go up automatically.
The hearing into the signing of the Argentine midfielder two years ago begins next Tuesday and a verdict will be delivered three days later.

A four-man panel will comprise an independent QC, two from the FA's disciplinary panel and a football expert who will be either a former player or boss.
In theory, they should begin with a blank sheet of paper but many at the FA are openly discussing the case and reckon QPR - five points clear at the top of the table - are in big trouble. Those who have seen the evidence say Rangers are defending the indefensible.

An FA source said: "There's no question QPR have broken the rules. They know it as well. The only debate is what to do about it.
"If they aren't found guilty you might as well scrap the rules about third-party owners."
Some within the corridors of power believe QPR should be hit hard because they were well aware they were acting outside the regulations.
When West Ham were punished over the Carlos Tevez affair they were actually found guilty of failure to disclose information - not of breaking third-party ownership rules because such legislation did not exist.

Since then the FA have made third-party ownership illegal so the argument is QPR were worse offenders because they were well aware they were committing an offence.
If Neil Warnock's side are found guilty they will have seven days to appeal.
However, if QPR take legal action or other clubs decide to seek legal avenues because of points they lost when Faurlin played against them, the whole issue could drag on throughout the summer.
The nightmare scenario could even be that the Championship promotion play-offs do not take place at all until the issue is resolved.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...p-QPR-of-promotion-to-the-Premier-League.html

Last edited:
Warnock will (rightly) be ******, considering a similar situation with West Ham resulted in them not getting a points deduction and his Sheffield team going down instead.

Former Football Association chief Mark Palios believes QPR will be deducted points following the hearing into their 2009 signing of Alejandro Faurlin.

The hearing, which started on Tuesday, centres around seven charges relating to the initial deal arising from the Argentine midfielder's ownership.

Palios told BBC Radio 4 that if the club are found guilty they would be docked points based on set precedents.

QPR, who won promotion to the Premier League on Saturday, deny the charges.

On Saturday, Rangers boss Neil Warnock reacted angrily to media claims that the club could be docked as many as 15 points, which would scupper their elevation to the top flight. The FA has since moved to deny that any decision had been made.

The charges facing QPR concern the alleged existence of an agreement between them and a third party in respect of Faurlin's economic rights, and the alleged failure by the club to notify the FA of that agreement before the player was registered to play for them in England.

The club has also been charged with allegedly using or seeking to pay an unauthorised agent as part of the Faurlin deal, while both the club and chairman Gianni Paladini have further been charged with allegedly submitting false information in documents provided to the FA relating to a contract extension signed by Faurlin in October.

"There is a lot of precedent around playing an ineligible player and that ranges from the clerical errors around the transfer window, when they get small points deductions to more serious situations," said Palios.

"I think following the [Carlos] Tevez affair it is neccessary for a statement to be made. This is more serious than a clerical error, so deserves a points deduction almost certainly.

"The second charge with regard to illegal payment to agents, I think there is a precedent when Luton got 10 points deducted for doing that.

"Interestingly, the FA said they tried and didn't say they actually did make the payments to unregistered agents."

Wasn't he signed on 09? Why is it that they should dock points now and not last season when it happened?

This will be very interesting if it happens, but if it does Cardiff will jump to the automatic promotion spot, and we can't be having that!

Don't believe they should be deducted points - a massive fine and that's all.

West Ham weren't deducted points, they shouldn't be either. If they are, QPR will appeal and get something rescinded so they still go down as champions.

Warnock is going to go absolutely spare if they don't go up as champions.

Palios told BBC Radio 4 that if the club are found guilty they would be docked points based on set precedents.

Oh sure Mr Palios, you mean those precedents the FA set when they didn't dock West Ham any points and chose to fine them instead, for the same offence.