• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 8K

countymad16

Reaction score
View attachment 307178

New Start Under the New Gaffer....

Transfers
I thought that after a disappointing start to the campaign in real life. The squad needed strengthening however the wage bill was already very high so I decided to look towards the future and bring in some youth who did not ask for high wages but certainly add quality to the team.
View attachment 307184
As you can see I brought in the highly rated Will Hughes from Derby County for £3.5 million which the board and fans thought was a price well under his future value. I also brought in Seamus Coleman on loan from Everton as his wing back stats looked very promising. Royston Drenthe was a free transfer and with the pace and acceleration he offers I couldn't really say no. Finally Wellington Nem was my most expensive signing and when I looked at my scouts report card I knew he was a player with a very good future ahead of him in the premier league.

Last edited:
Pre Season
On the whole pre season was a success, 4 wins out of 5 and we also managed to stay injury free. Wins against Bradford, Plymouth, Dartford and Feyenoord really helped build confidence in the squad despite a disappointing result against a strong Valencia side.
View attachment 307186

What A Start!....Unbeaten
I could not believe what a successful start to the season we had unbeaten in all league and cup competitions beating Man.Utd at home 1-0 and even Arsenal at the emirates 3-2 along the way this is how the table currently stands after the first 9 games of the season...
View attachment 307208

Last edited:
The Run Continues
Capital One Cup 5th Round
The squad were faced with a challenging trip to Carrow road in round 5 of the capital one cup. I had to rest a few players including our star performer of the season so far, Esteban Granero. But Will Hughes our new 17 year old signing from Derby proved a very successful replacement picking up the MOTM award in a 2-1 win against the canneries. Hughes set up both goals for Cisse and Faulin. The R's Fans were delighted with the result and especially with our attacking play.
View attachment 307528View attachment 307527

Press warn R's boss of Berbatov threat
On the eve of QPR'S trip to Craven Cottage to play Fulham, the Local and national journalists question the R's defensive ability's and whether they can deal with the in form Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov.
View attachment 307695

Last edited:
View attachment 308232
Result
View attachment 308238
QPR came out on top in a thrilling 2-1 away win in front of the Sky cameras on Sunday afternoon. The hoops dominated both half's whilst having plenty of shots at goal. Despite the press saying Dimitar Berbatov was the main threat Fulham took the lead through midfielder Steve Sidwell's goal against the run of play in the 19th minute. However the R'***** back through leading goalscorer Adel Taarabt just before the half time whistle. Then Estaben Granero rapt up a superb victory on the 59th minute with a header from close range.

Last edited:
QPR v Liverpool Preview:
This could be a very tough game for us although we have home advantage and we currently sit top of league, Liverpool have some very classy players in the likes of Suarez and Gerrard who are bound to cause our defence a few problems. Mbia for QPR and Agger for Livepool are both injured and will have to sit out this match.
View attachment 308818View attachment 308819

Nice mate, doing well to take QPR so far. Some good signings aswell. Check out my FC Porto story and let me know what you think

QPR 4-1 Liverpool
A superb victory for my Hoop's side a 4-1 thrashing of the 5 time europeon champions at Loftus Road. Despite Steven Gerrard lashing home from the edge of the 18 yard box after just 4 minutes, goals from Cisse, Granero, Taarabt and Derry assured victory in front of a packed home crowd. The day started with Mbia passing a late fitness test but having to be substituted just before half time since he was struggling after not training all week. But Onouha his replacement did a fine job and proved that he could be worth a start in the future as Nelson and Mbia both seem to lack stamina.
View attachment 309127

West Brom 0-2 QPR
Another 3 points for us in a game that turned out to be a much tougher than first expected. With the Baggies really struggling for home form and us having won 6 on the bounce the press predicted a convincing away win. However it took a Jonas Olson own goal to break the deadlock after some good play down the left flank by Adel Taarabt. Substitute Bobby Zamora sealed the victory 11 minutes from time with a close range strike. The win keeps our shock lead at the top at 4 points and keeps the fans extremely happy with the teams unbelievable start to the season.
View attachment 309294 View attachment 309296

QPR 2-0 Reading
Another 3 points to stretch QPR's lead at the top to a quite astonishing 7 points after Chelsea beat Manchester United 1-0 in the early kick-off on Saturday Lunchtime. A Djibril Cisse double secured the points for the home side, both goals were caused by some poor defensive marking by Reading in which their manager Brian Mcdermott will not be pleased with. QPR dominated possession in each half having over 30 shots, in which 10 were on target. QPR captain Ryan Nelson said the victory was down to hard work on the training ground, focussing on defending set pieces.
View attachment 309538View attachment 309539

Clint Hill loaned to Sheffield United
Today QPR confirmed that experienced left back/central defender and former club captain Clint Hill has been loaned to League 1 promotion contenders Sheffield United until January. The move came after Clint Hill requested first team football to the R's boss.
View attachment 310803

Back