QPR Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter countymad16
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 8K
QPR 3-1 Southampton
We did the damage in the first half in this match, Wellington Nem getting on the score sheet first after just 4 minutes. Djibril Cisse then added 2 goals to his tally for the season in the 34th and 45th minutes. In the second half Lambert out jumped Sam Magri at the back post to head home a consolation for the Saints.
View attachment 312256 View attachment 312257

Last edited:
QPR 1-0 Arsenal
Another unbelievable result and one which was crucial in our bid for a Champions League place next season. I decided to play a counter attacking style of football as I knew Arsenal would dominate possession despite being away from home. I thought the game was destined for a draw until in the 91st minute our Mr reliable upfront Djibril Cisse bagged us all 3 points and stretched our lead against Arsenal to 9 points.
MOTM: Samba Diakite
View attachment 312324 View attachment 312327

Baclays Premier League Table 16th February 2013:
As you can see we currently lie in 3rd place behind Chelsea in 2nd, and Man City well out in front with games in hand in 1st.
View attachment 312328

View attachment 312436
West Ham
0-2 QPR
A bizarre FA cup game at Upton Park ended with two players being sent off for the home side as Collison and Nolan both saw straight reds for challenges on QPR players. The first sending off was in just the 11th minute and 1 minute later Taarabt hit an unstoppable 25 yard strike into the roof of the new to give us the lead. Nolan was sent of early in the second half as he lunged in on Fabio. Then the victory was assured in the 83rd minute as Cisse grabbed yet another goal in a fantastic season for the Frenchman.
View attachment 312435 View attachment 312437

End of February and start of March 2013 results:
Four wins from 4 including a home FA cup quarter final win against Charlton. We also managed to beat Liverpool at Anfield due to some outstanding defending and a late goal from Fabio.
View attachment 312718

View attachment 312721
R's boss to manage Reserve team
I decided to offer Mark Bircham our Canadian Reserve team manager mutual termination of his contract, which he accepted, as I wanted to take charge of the reserve team myself and use it more effectively, as I hope to progress younger players into the first team squad due to good performances in reserve team matches which I will manage.

Mattia Destro signs Pre Contract
I couldn't believe my look when I saw the 21 year old on the Contract expiring list at Roma. He already has 4 international caps for Italy and even a goal against Malta. I managed to persuade his agent, who originally wanted 45k a week for the player, down to accept a contract of 33k a week
on a 3 year deal.
View attachment 312821

WHAT A SEASON!
Despite an injury crisis at the end of the season with Cisse out injured for 2 months and Welington Nem for a month. We managed to finish 2nd in the premier league and even win the FA cup in a tense final at Wembley against Manchester United. Finishing second of course secured us Champions League football next year which is an amazing achievement, and earned us a lot of prise money £15.2 million to be exact!. We ended the season with a superb 2nd half comeback to hold Newcastle 2-2 at Loftus Road, after being 2-0 down at half time. Everyone at the club can't wait till next season... BRING ON EUROPE!
View attachment 313017 View attachment 313018 View attachment 313019 View attachment 313023

Last edited:
Player of the season: Stephane Mbia
The rock at the back had an outstanding season picking up 6 MOTM Awards and even scoring 6 goals, including the winner in the FA cup final. He also did his country proud leading Cameroon to victory in the African Cup of nations.
View attachment 313028

Back