AlexanderO

Reaction score
After having had major setbacks in my earlier stories, see "Hala Madrid y Viva España" in which my savefile got corrupted and "Raúl González Blanco, oh captain my captain!" in which the board ruined the game for me. I've decided to give my first idea with coaching Real Madrid and Spain a go. The reason? The love for the country Spain and my endless love for Real Madrid. Might sound weird but playing another team, then Real Madrid, in Football Manager has always made me feel like I'm betraying the love of my life. So I'm giving it a go yet again and this time I can promise that I will deliever better than before. Feeling very anxious to get going with this one, so won't be writing that much in the introduction. From now on the Real Madrid and Spain legend Raúl González Blanco will take over. Vamos!

View attachment 325910View attachment 325911

EXTRA: José Mourinho and Vicente del Bosque sacked in the same day!

Real Madrid and Spain fans certainly choked on their breakfast this morning. Both sets of fans woke up to the news that José Mourinho, Real Madrid coach, and Vicente del Bosque, Spain coach, both had been sacked from their jobs. The two times Champions League winner, José Mourinho, and World Cup winning coach Vicente del Bosque is leaving their jobs with immidiate effect. Why? The question that everyone is asking themself at the moment, including the two coaches. The answer to the question is at the moment unknown. But reports from Spain suggest that big changes is about to happen to one of the leading clubs in Spain aswell as the national team. Numberous of names has been mentioned in the charge for the jobs and names like Josep "Pep" Guardiola, Jürgen Klopp, Arsene Wenger and Diego Simeone is among the top favourites. However further reports suggest that the coming manager might manage BOTH Real Madrid and the spanish national team. Reports that surely will divide Real Madrid and Barcelona camps even more. At the moment nothing is certain and speculations will continue until the two jobs has been filled. More to follow surrounding the shocking news from Spain.

Next update: The king of Madrid and Spain is back.

Last edited:
As i told someone else who also started a Real Madrid story sell Benzema for £40million! Definetly a good deal and the board give you a fortune before the winter transfer window

2. Return of the King

View attachment 326008View attachment 326009

EXTRA: Raúl presented as new Real Madrid and Spain manager!

Curiosity and excitement was in the air today as Real Madrid and the spanish national team had called for an joint pressconference. As reported earlier something HUGE was about to happen to the spanish football. Real Madrid and the national team certainly delievered something out of the ordinary. New manager for Real Madrid and the spanish national team is none other than the great captain and legend for both club and country, Raúl González Blanco. Most apperances for Real Madrid throughout history, most goals scored for Real Madrid througout history and one of the best strikers that the spanish national team has ever had. A standing ovation from the spanish press greeted the legendary Raúl. This is what the man of the moment had to say:

"Thanks everyone for coming out here today. It's one of the best days of my life and I'm standing here proud as the new manager for the biggest club in the world Real Madrid and best country in the world. Thank you all Madridistas and Spanish fans. Thank you Real Madrid and Mr. Florentino Pérez aswell as the spanish football federeation for believing in me and handing me an opportunity of a lifetime. I will NOT let you down."

The new manager continued with declaring that it is two seperate jobs that he has taken charge of and pointing out to all doubters that everyone will be treated the same way.

"I know it's questioned that I will be coaching both Real Madrid and "La Roja". But I can guarantee you that I'm 100% committed to both jobs and none of my personal opinions will interfere with my job. When I'm with Real Madrid I'm Raúl the Madridista and former player and captain, but when I'm with the spanish national team I'm a proud spaniard that ONLY wants the best for my beloved country."

A very glad and excited Raúl was to be seen at the pressconference and the new manager have big shoes to fill in the void of José Mourinho and Vicente del Bosque. Two persons that, Raúl himself, declared was big role models to him. Reports from Spain suggest that the sacking of José Mourinho was due to disagreements between the "Special One" and Florentino Pérez. Vicente del Bosque's sacking on the other hand was due to medical issues as the World Cup winning manager had been hospitalized twice during the latest month. Due to this Vicente del Bosque himself felt that his medical conditions needed to be put first and therefore he left his duties as manager of the spanish national team. It is to be said that Vicente del Bosque's medical state is not a concern but rather a safety procedure.

Next update: New faces at the Santiago Bernabeu.

As i told someone else who also started a Real Madrid story sell Benzema for £40million! Definetly a good deal and the board give you a fortune before the winter transfer window
Benzema will not be leaving Real Madrid, that I can guarantee. £40 million is really good money but I feel that he is way to important for the club, so he will be staying along with his striking partner Gonzalo Higuain.

Kaká on the other hand is along with Ricardo Carvalho and Raúl Albiol two players hanging loose under the transferwindow. Have a £20 million offer for Kaká which I'm considering.

EDIT: Kaká made it quite easy for me to decide, after he got upset before I even had declined the bid for him.

Last edited:

3. New faces arrive at the Santiago Bernabéu

View attachment 326124

It was a hectic summer in charge of Real Madrid for new manager Raúl González Blanco. Prolific players left and young enthusiastic players were brought in to replace them. However it wasn't only players that left or came, coaches and scouts aswell. Parts of the entourage of former coach, José Mourinho, was shown the door and new manager Raúl brought in several new coaches, scouts and physios to help him with his work at the Santiago Bernabeu. Raúl, Fernando Morientes, Aitor Karanka, Chendo and Rubén de la Red is not the "only" former Real Madrid players working for the club nowadays. Let me introduce you to the new players, staff and the current squad at Real Madrid.

View attachment 326120

Transfers IN/OUT
(Bold and underlined words are clickable for screenshots/pictures.)

Transferbudget: £4,34 mil.
Wagebudget: £2,15 mil.

IN:

José Ángel Pozo | Age: 16 | Nation:
View attachment 326125 | Former team: Manchester City View attachment 326126 | Cost: £875,000 | Wages: £5,250 | Contract: 2015 |
Kenny Tete | Age: 16 | Nation:
View attachment 326136 | Former team: AFC Ajax View attachment 326136 | Cost: £575,000 | Wages: £1,300 | Contract: 2015 |
Joel Pohjanpalo | Age: 17 | Nation: View attachment 326145 | Former team: HJK Helsingfors View attachment 326145 | Cost: £250,000 | Wages: £3,000 | Contract: 2015 |
Leon Goretzka| Age: 17 | Nation: View attachment 326154 | Former team: Bochum View attachment 326154 | Cost: Loan | Wages: £1,600 | Contract: 2013 |
Fabrice
Olinga | Age: 16 | Nation: View attachment 326156 | Former team: Málaga View attachment 326125 | Cost: Loan | Wages: £300 | Contract: 2013 |
Jores Okore | Age: 19 | Nation: View attachment 326157 | Former team: FC Nordsjaelland View attachment 326157 | Cost: £1,6 mil. | Wages: £7,750 | Contract: 2017 |
Paul Pogba
| Age: 19 | Nation: View attachment 326158 | Former team: Juventus View attachment 326159 | Cost: Loan | Wages: £17,500 | Contract: 2013 |
Denis Suárez | Age: 18 | Nation:
View attachment 326125 | Former team: Manchester City View attachment 326126 | Cost: Loan | Wages: £5,000 | Contract: 2013 |
Moi Gómez | Age: 17 | Nation:
View attachment 326125 | Former team: Villarreal View attachment 326125 | Cost: £3,5 mil. | Wages: £12,000 | Contract: 2015 |
Adryan | Age: 17 | Nation:
View attachment 326160 | Former team: Flamengo View attachment 326160 | Cost: £875,000 | Wages: £1,200 | Contract: 2017 | (Arrives 10:th of August)

OUT:

Fernando Pacheco
| Age: 20 | Nation: View attachment 326125 | New team: Salamanca View attachment 326125 | Cost: Loan |
Ricardo Carvalho
| Age: 34 | Nation: View attachment 326161 | New team: Newcastle United View attachment 326126 | Cost: £1,6 mil |
Cristian Benavente | Age: 18 | Nation: View attachment 326125 | New team: Barakaldo View attachment 326125 | Cost: Loan |
Derik
| Age: 19 | Nation: View attachment 326125 | New team: Cádiz View attachment 326125 | Cost: Loan |
Álvaro Morata
| Age: 19 | Nation: View attachment 326125 | New team: Getafe View attachment 326125 | Cost: Loan |
Raúl de Tómas | Age: 17 | Nation:
View attachment 326125 | New team: Alavés View attachment 326125 | Cost: Loan |
Óscar Plano | Age: 21
| Nation: View attachment 326125 | New team: Racing Santander View attachment 326125 | Cost: Loan |
Kaká
| Age: 30 | Nation: View attachment 326160 | New team: Manchester City View attachment 326126 | Cost: £20 mil. |
José Rodríguez
| Age: 17 | Nation: View attachment 326125 | New team: RSD Alcalá View attachment 326125 | Cost: Loan |

Total cost: £7,625 mil. |Total sales: £21,5 mil. |Remaining transferbudget: £16,75 mil. |

Comments: A very hectic transferwindow players coming and players going. With a transferbudget of £4,34 mil. I didn't have that much to spend. Therefore three players were transferlisted upon arrival. Kaká, Ricardo Carvalho and Raúl Albiol all were listed and bids came in from numberous of teams. Bids came in for Ricardo Carvalho which were immediately accepted, with bids accepted for him I decided that Raúl Albiol would get the chance to stay and prove his worth. Kaká was another player that I was torn over about what to do. But after Kaká complained to the media, before I had decided whether to accept Manchester City's bid of £20 mil., he too was shown the door. Great amount of funds came in from that deal which meant I could spend it on players coming in. My first thought was to find a replacement for Kaká but after looking at the squad I realized that Luka Modric could replace him straight of and at the same time provide backup for Xabi Alonso.

Most of the players that came in were promising young players that will play their football in Real Madrid Castilla or the U19-squad. With a chance of making odd apperances for the first team. (Pohjanpalo, Adryan, Okore, Moi Gómez will all play for Castilla) Paul Pogba is the only real first team signing and comes in to provide depth to the central midfield. I also included a arranged price at the end of the loan at £12 mil, and if Pogba impresses he will surely make his stay permanent. Will be interesting to see players like Álvaro Morata, José Rodríguez, Fernando Pachecho, Cristian Benavente, Derik and Raúl de Tomas gaining experience from first team football and hopefully develope even further.

Comments: Wont be compiling all the coaches, scouts and physios that has arrived at the club. Cause, as you can see, it's a lot of them. A staggering 19 (!) coaches, scouts and physios arrived at the Bernabeu to help me achieve my goals. At the same time 8 coaches, scouts and physios was sent packing. I'm very satisfied with the staff that has been brought in. A lot of routine and knowledge were brought in. The likes of former Real Madrid legends Guti, Ivan Zamorano, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo is very warm welcomed.

Goalkeepers: #1. Iker Casillas View attachment 326125, #13. Antonio Adán View attachment 326125, #25. Diego López View attachment 326125

Defenders: #2. Raphaël Varane
View attachment 326158, #3. Pepe View attachment 326161, #4. Sergio Ramos View attachment 326125, #5. Fábio Coentrão View attachment 326161, #12. Marcelo View attachment 326160, #17. Álvaro Arbeloa View attachment 326125, #18. Raúl Albiol View attachment 326125

Midfielders: #6. Sami Khedira
View attachment 326154, #10. Mesut Özil View attachment 326154, #14. Xabi Alonso View attachment 326125, #15. Michael Essien View attachment 326171, #16. Paul Pogba View attachment 326158, #19 Luka Modric View attachment 327574, #21. José Callejón View attachment 326125, #22. Ángel Di María View attachment 326172

Attackers:
#7. Cristiano Ronaldo View attachment 326161, #9. Karim Benzema View attachment 326158, #20. Gonzalo Higuaín View attachment 326172

Manager:
Raúl González Blanco
View attachment 326125
Comments: A pre-season with some tough matches aswell as "showoff" matches. Starting with the "Trofeo Santiago Bernabeu" in a semi-final match against Hollandiafrom, you guessed it, Holland. Waiting in the final is an argentinian team either Boca Juniors or Vélez Sarsfield. After that we travel to Italy to take on Salernitana. Following that match comes the more difficult matches. First up Olympique Marseille at home, followed by Newcastle United away and two more away matches against Chicago and Tottenham. A lot of matches for all the players and new faces to showoff their skills.

Next update:
Review of the pre-season.

Last edited:
DONT FORGET TO LOOK AT THE SCREENSHOTS! Just click on the bold and underlined words for example headlines and players name to see screenshots.

You've put a lot of work into this therefore it's only right I follow it :D.

Thanks for all the good respons, really appreciate it! Almost played through the pre-season so will come an update soon. Including some other news around the club and the post following the atention will be turned to the national team. Will try to hurry!

Fantastic story mate, loads of detail and well worth the read.

4. Getting ready for the new season

View attachment 327141

A pre-season that contained seven matches, three of them against high quality teams. A lot of goals was scored and the defense put up some brilliant perfomances. The pre-season ended with a match away against our "friend-team" Tottenham Hotspurs and what a match it turned out to be! Although I had to pay the consequences...

Sat. 21:st of July, 2012 | Trofeo Santiago Bernabeu Semi-final | vs. Hollandia View attachment 327144 | View attachment 327158 - Santiago Bernabeu (24,935) |

View attachment 327169 6-0 | View attachment 327170 - Gonzalo Higuaín 7', 22', 28', Angel Di María 20'(pen), Paul Pogba 34', Marcelo 90' | View attachment 327192(Man of the match): Gonzalo Higuaín, 9,60 | Possession: Real Madrid 66% - Hollandia 34% | Shots(shots on target): Real Madrid 30(12) - Hollandia 2(0) |

Lineup:
Diego López;Nacho,Fábio Coentrão,Raúl Albiol, Raphaël Varane;Paul Pogba,Michael Essien,Angel Di María,José Callejón,Jesé;Gonzalo Higuaín(C)
Subs: Antonio Adan 45', Marcelo 45', Pepe 45', Luka Modric 45'

Sun. 22:nd of July, 2012 | Trofeo Santiago Bernabéu Final | vs. Vélez Sarsfield
View attachment 327203 | View attachment 327158 - Santiago Bernabeu (61,041) |

View attachment 327169 5-0 | View attachment 327170 - Mesut Özil 31', 45+2', Álvaro Arbeloa 34', Karim Benzema 72', Raphaël Varane 87' | View attachment 327192: Mesut Özil, 9,60 | Possession: Real Madrid 66% - Vélez 34% | Shots(shots on target): Real Madrid 35(12) - Vélez 3(1) |

Lineup:
Iker Casillas(C);Álvaro Arbeloa,Sergio Ramos,Pepe,Marcelo;Xabi Alonso,Sami Khedira,Mesut Özil,Luka Modric,Cristiano Ronaldo;Karim Benzema
Subs: Michael Essien 45', Raphaël Varane 45', José Callejón 73', Fabio Coentrão 73', Diego López 73'

Sat. 28:th of July, 2012 | Friendly match | vs. Salernitana
View attachment 327207 | View attachment 327158 - Arechi (14,677) |

View attachment 327169 5-0 | View attachment 327170 - Raphaël Varane 18', Luka Modric 28'(pen), Jesé 52', 58', Gonzalo Higuaín 74' | View attachment 327192: Jesé, 9,30 | Possession: Salernitana 45% - Real Madrid 55% | Shots(shots on target): Salernitana 5(2) - Real Madrid 24(12) |

Lineup: Diego López;Fabinho,Raúl Albiol,Raphaël Varane,Fábio Coentrão;Luka Modric,Michael Essien,Angel Di María,Jesé,José Callejón;Gonzalo Higuaín(C)
Subs: Antonio Adan 67', Sami Khedira 67', Paul Pogba 67'

Tue. 31:st of July, 2012 | Friendly match | vs. Olympique Marseille View attachment 327210 | View attachment 327158 - Santiago Bernabéu (64,241) |

View attachment 327169 2-0 | View attachment 327170 - Luka Modric 45+2', Sami Khedira 90' |View attachment 327192: Pepe, 8,00 | Possession: Real Madrid 68% - Marseille 32% | Shots(shots on target): Real Madrid 21(5) - Marseille 6(5) |

Lineup: Iker Casillas(C);Álvaro Arbeloa,Sergio Ramos,Pepe,Marcelo;Xabi Alonso,Sami Khedira,Luka Modric,Mesut Özil,Cristiano Ronaldo;Karim Benzema
Subs: Angel Di María 67', Fabio Coentrão 67'

Sun. 5:th of August, 2012 | Friendly match | vs. Newcastle United
View attachment 327217 | View attachment 327158 - St. James' Park (39,266) |

View attachment 327169 2-0 | View attachment 327170 - Luka Modric 44', Cristiano Ronaldo 46' | View attachment 327192: Sergio Ramos, 8,00 | Possession: Newcastle 38% - Real Madrid 62% | Shots(shots on target): Newcastle 10(3) - Real Madrid 22(8) |

Lineup: Iker Casillas(C);Álvaro Arbeloa,Sergio Ramos,Pepe,Marcelo;Xabi Alonso,Sami Khedira,Luka Modric,Mesut Özil,Cristiano Ronaldo;Karim Benzema
Subs: Fabio Coentrão 45', Raúl Albiol 45', Angel Di María 65', Paul Pogba 65', Michael Essien 65', Diego López 65', Raphaël Varane 82'

Wed. 8:th of August, 2012 | Friendly match | vs. Chicago Fire
View attachment 327227 | View attachment 327158 - Toyota Park (20,337) |

View attachment 327169 3-0 | View attachment 327170 - Cristiano Ronaldo 4', 51', Sean Johnson o.g. 83' | View attachment 327192: Cristiano Ronaldo, 9,60 | Possession: Chicago 33% - Real Madrid 67% | Shots(shots on target): Chicago 1(0) - Real Madrid 34(11) |

Lineup:
Antonio Adan;Álvaro Arbeloa,Raúl Albiol,Raphaël Varane,Fabio Coentrão;Paul Pogba,Michael Essien,Angel Di María,Mesut Özil,José Callejón;Cristiano Ronaldo(C)
Subs: Sami Khedira 45', Marcelo 62', Sergio Ramos 62', Diego López 62', Luka Modric 84', Gonzalo Higuaín 84'

Sat. 11:th of August, 2012 | Friendly match | vs. Tottenham Hotspurs
View attachment 327217 | View attachment 327158 - White Hart Lane (34,454) |

View attachment 327231 4-4 | View attachment 327170 - Marcelo 22', Luka Modric 34', Cristiano Ronaldo 61', Mesut Özil 90' | View attachment 327192: Marouane Fellaini, 8,50 | Possession: Tottenham 50% - Real Madrid 50% | Shots(shots on target): Tottenham 20(8) - Real Madrid 16(8) |

Lineup: Iker Casillas(C);Sergio Ramos,Pepe,Raphaël Varane,Marcelo;Sami Khedira,Luka Modric,Angel Di María, Cristiano Ronaldo;Karim Benzema,Gonzalo Higuaín

Subs: Álvaro Arbeloa 9', Fabio Coentrão 45', Raúl Albiol 45', Mesut Özil 54', Kenny Tete 64'

Comments: Six wins out of seven matches, and the match that we didn't win what a match it was. 4-4 against Tottenham surely entertained the crowd. All players got the opportunity to play in the early matches and later on and against tougher opponents the probable starting eleven played most of the match. Against Tottenham I let Aitor Karanka take charge of the team, which was something that I later regretted. As Sami Khedira, Pepe and Angel Di María all went of injured. In all cases the players will be sidelined for atleast one week and the most 4 weeks in the case of Angel Di Maria. Thankfully this is the only time that national break has been to an advantage. So Khedira will atleast come back in time.
- I asked the board to build out the Youth facilities and they agreed that it was something that needed to be done. The building begun 3:rd of July, 2012 and will be finished around 30:th of October, 2013.

-
A lot of youngsters in the U19-squad has extended their contracts. Apart from that some notable players like Álvaro Morata(Getafe-loan), Cristian Benavente(Barakaldo-loan), José Rodriguez(RSD Alcala-loan), Fernando Pacheco(Salamanca-loan), Derik(Cádiz-loan), Álex(Castilla), Denis Cheryshev(Castilla) and Jesé(Castilla) all extended their contracts until 2017. Apart from 17-year old José Rodriguez whom "only" could extend until 2015.

- Some first team players are reported to have recieved contract extensions and it's to be seen whether or not they will sign a new deal to stay at the Santiago Bernabeu.

- I asked the board to find me a feederclub, and to be honest I wasn't expecting them to find a team of high quality. But they certainly delievered and offered me two feederclubs of higher quality then the rest, in the likes of Heerenveen and Monaco. I like what Monaco have going on a the moment with the takeover and some promising talents so I decided to go with them. Hopefully we can take great advantage of this opportunity!

- Even though I'm very pleased with the squad that I have at my disposal. I can't say for certain that no player will arrive at the Bernabeu before transfer deadline. Manchester United youngster Angelo Henriquez was near joining us, but he rejected the loan-offer to stay at Old Trafford. Nicolas Gaitan, Radja Nainggolan, Davide Astori and Salvatore Bocchetti is the most "standout" players that are transferlisted and most certainly will move before the transfer deadline.

Next update: Raúl announces his first national team squad, are we in for any suprises?

Last edited:
Great Layout it makes it easy to read and cant wait for the next update

5. Raúl announches his first Spain squad

View attachment 327282

Spain squad
| Austria squad | Tactic 1 | Tactic 2 | Tactic 3 | Fixtures|

Goalkeepers:

Iker Casillas (C) | Age:
31 | Caps: 138 | Goals: - | Team:
Real Madrid View attachment 327287
Victor Valdés | Age:
30 | Caps: 8 | Goals: - | Team: Barcelona
View attachment 327287
José Manuel Reina | Age: 29 | Caps: 24 | Goals: - | Team: LiverpoolView attachment 327288

Injured: -
Outside the squad: David De Gea, Diego López, Vicente Guaita, Javi Varas
Comments: The three best goalies available, nothing really to say about it. Although the likes of David De Gea and Diego López is both knocking on the door and will be trying to get the chance in the coming squads.

Defenders:

Carles Puyol (VC) | Age:
34 | Caps: 99 | Goals: 3 | Team:
Barcelona View attachment 327287
Álvaro Arbeloa | Age: 29 | Caps: 41 | Goals: 0 | Team: Real Madrid View attachment 327287
Sergio Ramos | Age: 26 | Caps: 93 | Goals: 6 | Team: Real Madrid View attachment 327287
Natxo Monreal | Age: 26 | Caps: 7 | Goals: 0 | Team: Málaga View attachment 327287
Raúl Albiol | Age: 26 | Caps: 34 | Goals: 0 | Team: Real Madrid View attachment 327287
Javi Martínez | Age: 23 | Caps: 8 | Goals: 0 | Team: Bayern München View attachment 327289
Jordi Alba | Age: 23 | Caps: 8 | Goals: 1 | Team: Barcelona View attachment 327287

Injured: Gerard Pique(3 weeks)
Outside the squad: Álvaro Domínguez, José Enrique, Victor Ruíz, Mikel San José, Jesús Gamez, Juanfran, Andoni Iraola, César Azpilicueta
Comments: Some great routine in the likes of Carles Puyol and Sergio Ramos along with some young talented defenders. The absence of Gerard Pique is certainly a big blow but that means that Carles Puyol, Raúl Albiol and Javi Martínez all have a chance of making the starting eleven alongside unquestionable Sergio Ramos. Jordi Alba and Natxo Monreal will have to compete for the leftback.

Midfielders:

Javi García | Age:
25 | Caps: 0 | Goals: 0 | Team: Manchester City
View attachment 327288
Sergio Busquets | Age: 24 | Caps: 43 | Goals: 0 | Team: Barcelona View attachment 327287
Beñat | Age: 25 | Caps: 2 | Goals: 0 | Team: Real Betis View attachment 327287
Juan Mata | Age: 24 | Caps: 19 | Goals: 6 | Team: Chelsea View attachment 327288
David Silva | Age: 26 | Caps: 64 | Goals: 18 | Team: Manchester City View attachment 327288
Jesús Navas | Age: 26 | Caps: 19 | Goals: 2 | Team: Sevilla View attachment 327287
Andrés Iniesta | Age: 28 | Caps: 69 | Goals: 11 | Team: Barcelona View attachment 327287
Cesc Fàbregas | Age: 25 | Caps: 67 | Goals: 10 | Team: Barcelona View attachment 327287
Pedro | Age: 25 | Caps: 15 | Goals: 2 | Team: Barcelona View attachment 327287

Injured: Santi Cazorla(3 weeks), Xabi Alonso(2 weeks), Xavi(4 months)
Outside the squad: Borja Valero, Mikel Arteta, José Callejón, Ander Herrera, Markel Susaeta, Michu, Joaquín, Isco
Comments: If it's somewhere Spain have abundance of players it's in midfield. Great talent everywhere I look and there is so many different players that I would like to give an opportunity to show their worth. However the chance will come but for this first squad I've chosen to go with the best squad possible. A real big blow is the absence of Santi Cazorla, Xabi Alonso and Xavi. Worst is it looking for Xavi whom is due to be out for 4 months, really big blow both for Spain and Barcelona.

Attackers:

David Villa | Age:
30 | Caps: 82 | Goals: 51 | Team:
Barcelona View attachment 327287
Raúl | Age: 34 | Caps: 102 | Goals: 44 | Team: Real Madrid/Spain (Manager) View attachment 327287
Fernando Llorente | Age: 27 | Caps: 20 | Goals: 7 | Team: Athletic Bilbao View attachment 327287
Roberto Soldado | Age: 27 | Caps: 5 | Goals: 3 | Team: Valencia View attachment 327287

Injured: -
Outside the squad: Álvaro Negredo, Fernando Torres, Adrián, Iker Muniain
Comments: Experience! Everyone of the attackers are at least 27 years old and have performed well over couples of seasons. That will surely be an advantage for us when it comes to playing international matches and tournaments. As you can see my name, Raúl, is amongst the strikers. That is due to me getting my ceremonial match with the spanish national team. Was considering brining Fernando Torres instead of Roberto Soldado, but all I had to go with was their perfomances of the pre-season and their Roberto Soldado, Fernando Llorente and David Villa stood out.

Next update: Spain faces Austria in Raúls first match in charge.

Last edited:
Still loving this mate. It's fantastic. Bit confused. Raul chose himself for Spanish squad?

Still loving this mate. It's fantastic. Bit confused. Raul chose himself for Spanish squad?
Thanks mate, really appreciate it! Haha, me too to be honest, but I've made up for my misstake and I will use this Friendly match as a ceremonial match for Raúl in the national team. More to come in the next update!

Thanks mate, really appreciate it! Haha, me too to be honest, but I've made up for my misstake and I will use this Friendly match as a ceremonial match for Raúl in the national team. More to come in the next update!

great idea mate, look forward to it

6. Bittersweet atmosphere as Raúl waves goodbye to playing career

View attachment 327507

It was with both sadment and excitement that the spanish people waved goodbye to their number seven and captain. The spanish footballing federation had planned for a ceremonial match for Raúl, a way to close the door on his playing career and open the door for his career as manager of the spanish national team. A match in which the players played for Raúl, their new manager, rather then for their country. A brilliant ending to one of the greatest footballing careers of all time.

Wed. 15:th of August, 2012 | Ceremonial match | vs. Austria View attachment 327511 | View attachment 327512 - Balaídos (31,800) |

View attachment 327514 4-0 | View attachment 327513 - David Silva 44', Jordi Alba 52', Andres Iniesta 71', Raúl 76' |View attachment 327515: Raúl, 8,10 (Along with Andrés Iniesta) | Possession: Spain 65% - Austria 35% | Shots(shots on target): Spain 19(10) - Austria 3(1) |

Lineup:
Iker Casillas(C);Álvaro Arbeloa,Carles Puyol,Sergio Ramos,Jordi Alba;Sergio Busquets,Javi Martínez,Andrés Iniesta,David Silva,Jesús Navas;Raúl
Subs: Juan Mata 67', Beñat 67', Raúl Albiol 67', Natxo Monreal 67', Pedro 67', David Villa 77'

Comments: Nostalgic. My last professional match ever as a player. I actually didn't want to play the match but the federation persuaded me and I don't regret that I played it. A match in which my fellow spaniards played for me rather than for our beloved country. They set up chance after chance for me, and at 28:th minutes I thought I got the breakthrough but the goal got chalked off for pushing. Harsh, but hey I managed to score in my last match ever. A great feeling. Maybe not the opening match that I was expecting with Spain, but from now on I can mainly focus on managing Real Madrid and the national team. So my dedication will lay 100% their from now on. Hopefully I will be able to repay my fellow countrymen with getting glory in the World Cup in Brazil. But we all know there is a long way to go, but we are all focused on making it and this was a little step on the long journey that lies ahead. VIVA ESPAÑA!

View attachment 327510

The Spanish corner
(It's were I summon up the players performances under my management.)

Goals: Andrés Iniesta, Raúl, Jordi Alba, David Silva (1 goal)
Matches: 17 different players. (1 match)
Assists: Natxo Monreal, Beñat, Javi Martínez, Jordi Alba (1 assist)
Clean sheets: Iker Casillas (1 match)

Next update:
Review of the Real Madrid squad/-s.

Last edited: