Questions for preferred player moves?

However, that is not always the case. Rooney for instance has received 18 yellow cards in 57 matches for me and 2 red cards, even though his tackling is easy and the team is cautious. And he does have the "Dives into Tackles" ability.

but he has very high aggression?

but he has very high aggression?

Very true indeed, but I figured it doesn't help having the PPF in any case. But I think you're right though, it probably won't help trying to have him unlearn it.

Rooney probably has a reasonably high dirtiness hidden attribute as well which is one of the factors along with what defwhish said about aggression (which is 100% on the mark)

and to clear it up for you defwhish, training PPM's does take up PA :)

Could you explain the last statement Raikan. Take up PA? Do you mean Player Ability?

So it's not necessarily a good think to make everyone in your squad training for a new PPM, as I just did?

Okay, so to understand this correct, any given player has an arbitrary value defining his current ability and future potential ability, which can only be viewed through the assistant managers estimation of each player (if not checking it through the editor)?

But where I get lost is the fact that you state it as using PA - how does that work?

Okay, so to understand this correct, any given player has an arbitrary value defining his current ability and future potential ability, which can only be viewed through the assistant managers estimation of each player (if not checking it through the editor)?

But where I get lost is the fact that you state it as using PA - how does that work?

it just does :) that is why I always suggest leaving a young player to train normally up until the age of 22/23 so that his PA is not depleted by the time he gets older..

physical training uses the most PA out of all other categories as well..

it just does :) that is why I always suggest leaving a young player to train normally up until the age of 22/23 so that his PA is not depleted by the time he gets older..

physical training uses the most PA out of all other categories as well..

Very nice to know indeed. Thank you.

I btw. bought Papodopoulos as a center back for my United save, and he was instantly sent off with a direcy red card after 1 min in a pre-season friendly. And he's got himself booked a couple of times in the first games as well. This with easy tackling... Is there anything I can do to improve it? Maybe besides talking to him at half time.

Very nice to know indeed. Thank you.

I btw. bought Papodopoulos as a center back for my United save, and he was instantly sent off with a direcy red card after 1 min in a pre-season friendly. And he's got himself booked a couple of times in the first games as well. This with easy tackling... Is there anything I can do to improve it? Maybe besides talking to him at half time.

fine him after each red card, you will see his aggression stat drop immediately..

I have gotten a player down from 19 aggression to around 13..

I assume his dirtiness attribute is also reasonably high

Is there any rule of thumb in terms of fining/warning players? I tried to fine for one week after a red card (or possibly two yellows), and I got some of the players complaining about discipline being to harsh.

I gave him a warning for the direct card, but possibly a one week fine would have been the right decision?

Is there any rule of thumb in terms of fining/warning players? I tried to fine for one week after a red card (or possibly two yellows), and I got some of the players complaining about discipline being to harsh.

I gave him a warning for the direct card, but possibly a one week fine would have been the right decision?

there is no wrong or right answer mate, thats what is great about the game, you are the manager.. you might make a mistake but you have to carry on...

the only rule of thumb is:

1st red card (straight red or 2nd yellow) warning
2nd red (same as above) one week fine
3rd red (same as above) two weeks fine

then start the process over again

some players react worse to others, it has to do with their hidden stats

Alright, thanks a lot. And I guess you mean 1st and 2nd red within the same season? :)

Okay, thanks a lot, I'll start being more systematic regarding discipline. :)