DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Title says it all.

:'(

Thoughts?

bring back scolari
or maybe jorge jesus might do

So upsetting, was really hoping that he would leave now and we'd get in a manager and not an assistant :(

Yeah he is definatley assistant, definatley the wrong decision.

shame for Portugal, hope Quieroz will just leave on his own accord anyway, he's not a manager.

He made our defense solid, but we don't score nearly enough goals as we should with the attacking prowess we have.

He made our defense solid, but we don't score nearly enough goals as we should with the attacking prowess we have.

true
we had a good defence and a bad attack but only cause Ronaldo thought he was at a swimming pool
especially vs ivory coast

The crisis arrived at our football. We don't have money for a manager, we have to get good results with an assistat who is being payed more than Scolari. And for what? For a defensive and annoying style. Okay, we now have a strong defense, but what happened to our midfield and attack? Personally, if he continues until EURO 2012 (and if we qualify, what with him in charge makes a big IF) I hope we fail. I can't stand with him giving thousands of excuses and accusing the support he doesn't have. If he did anything decent, he would have that support, but how does he want to be loved when he can't win against Albania and CapeVerde?

Noooooooo, Let Portugal play there attacking football, Jesualdo Ferreira for manager :)

You are assuming that Portugal had the team to play their attacking football, they don't have Figo, Sousa, Rui Costa anymore. Queiroz did the best he could get away with that team, and even played a good game against Spain and Brazil, there was a part of the game from the min 20 till 55 against Spain that Portugal even played well, minus CR.

Queiroz lacks the respect of some players and some commentators, like Mourinho once upon a time, he used to be called The Translator of Bobby Robson, until Mou got some results. If Queiroz had won this game against Spain the story would be similar.

Sports science has evolved a lot in the last decades, and finally this world cup is showing us that being a former player doesn't give you what it's needed to be a good coach, it goes way beyond that, there was even some breakthroughs on Math due to the investigation done on Barcelona FC.

My point is, Queiroz is the best man for the place atm, maybe someone more charismatic like Mou would get the people appraisal, but going for names like Manuel José would be making several steps backwards.

You are assuming that Portugal had the team to play their attacking football, they don't have Figo, Sousa, Rui Costa anymore. Queiroz did the best he could get away with that team, and even played a good game against Spain and Brazil, there was a part of the game from the min 20 till 55 against Spain that Portugal even played well, minus CR.

Queiroz lacks the respect of some players and some commentators, like Mourinho once upon a time, he used to be called The Translator of Bobby Robson, until Mou got some results. If Queiroz had won this game against Spain the story would be similar.

Sports science has evolved a lot in the last decades, and finally this world cup is showing us that being a former player doesn't give you what it's needed to be a good coach, it goes way beyond that, there was even some breakthroughs on Math due to the investigation done on Barcelona FC.

My point is, Queiroz is the best man for the place atm, maybe someone more charismatic like Mou would get the people appraisal, but going for names like Manuel José would be making several steps backwards.

How can you say that we don't have the attacking players anymore?

Cristiano Ronaldo in my opinion is the most complete footballer in the world, then Simao, Deco, Nani, Meireles, Danny, Liedson, Almeida among others. Our whole midfield and attack are capable of scoring goals, but he insists on playing boring, slow football instead of using the players abilities to the full. We played a phenomenal match vs North Korea, showing our range of ability and proving that everyone can score goals with 6 different goalscorers. But instead of trying to do the same against the likes of Spain who were low on confidence at the time and not in the best of form, he decides to try and sit back and soak it all up which just won't work against a team who keeps the ball as well as they do. If he had gone for the win, I think we may have nicked it.

Our defense is obviously solid considering the fact we have 21 clean sheets in 26 games but our problem is scoring goals, despite the fact we have the best set of wingers that any one nation has, and then we have two proven goalscorers in Liedson and Almeida + Ronaldo who is capable of scoring 25-30+ goals a season.

Tinhamos levado 3 ou 4 do Brazil e o mesmo da Espanha, pensar que esta selecção tem o mesmo nível que as outras é uma loucura. O Queiroz não tem a culpa que o CR não jogue (ele aqui não tem uma equipa a jogar para ele como tinha no MU ou no Real onde tem 20 chances de marcar por jogo, num jogo desta natureza existem uma ou duas oportunidades). O Simão tb teve uma época com mts jogos e o Deco por mim não voltava a calçar.

O Brazil, Espanha e Costa do Marfim não são a Coreia do Norte, que por sua vez até fez um bom jogo até ao segundo golo altura em que se tornou evidente a fragilidade emocional e a falta de um campeonato competitivo.

He was better off being Fergie's *** man.Should look to have a strong campaign come the 2012 Euro's now and prove that Portugal are still good contenders.

Tinhamos levado 3 ou 4 do Brazil e o mesmo da Espanha, pensar que esta selecção tem o mesmo nível que as outras é uma loucura. O Queiroz não tem a culpa que o CR não jogue (ele aqui não tem uma equipa a jogar para ele como tinha no MU ou no Real onde tem 20 chances de marcar por jogo, num jogo desta natureza existem uma ou duas oportunidades). O Simão tb teve uma época com mts jogos e o Deco por mim não voltava a calçar.

O Brazil, Espanha e Costa do Marfim não são a Coreia do Norte, que por sua vez até fez um bom jogo até ao segundo golo altura em que se tornou evidente a fragilidade emocional e a falta de um campeonato competitivo.

English would be better mate :D

Last edited:
Sorry, that was not polite, was answering to DMF post. I'll keep in english from now forward.

I agree that the teams we faced were not North Korea, but the fact we scored 7 against them surely means that we are capable of scoring at least one against Brazil, Spain and Ivory Coast. But remember that that same North Korea that we battered 7-0, also made Brazil work very hard to get a victory. I think if we had taken the same approach going into the game against Spain and Ivory Coast (not so much Brazil because we were resting players for the next round) then I strongly feel we could have got something out of those games and could have gone on to bigger and better things in the tournament considering we would have faced Paraguay in the quarter finals.

quieroz failed to uilitise ronaldo the same way he did at manchester, your forward should have been a work horse capable of making space for ronaldo, like rooney did, or think how mourhino used eto on the right wing. looking at how he set up the team i think thats what hes trying to do, but he's made the side too defensive

I know we get called a one man team because of it, but you have to shape the team around Ronaldo if you have him in your team.
Real Madrid didn't at first, he wasn't doing too well so they re-shaped to make him fit in, and then he got them 25 odd goals in the season.

His didn't care about winning, he just cared about not losing.

the problem, that to free ronaldo the team must be a threat through the middle.with united it was tevez and rooney, he hasnt done that with your central attack. lets ee if he can do that for the euro's again. moutinho should have been there to play through the middle