seanhrfc

Reaction score
View attachment 465919

Club Overview

View attachment 465920
View attachment 465918

Real Racing Club de Santander are a club in turmoil. After two relegations in two seasons the club are now languishing in the 3rd tier of Spanish football with crippling loan debts - as soon as these repayments start coming out we are in trouble! However my plan is to take them back to La Liga, the division in which they have spent the majority of their seasons in existence. With an adequately sized stadium and reasonable all round facilities there's potential for growth here, though we need to get back to La Liga as quickly as possible so we can raise our profile and funds to get ourselves out of this tricky financial situation. On LFCMarshall's update both Racing and Racing B start in the same division, so I aim to get instant promotion with Racing and I've added a holiday manager at Racing B who will use my tactics to help keep them in the division

Staff In
View attachment 465917
View attachment 465912
View attachment 465911

I took advantage of the club's relative good financial status to begin with by getting in staff that are likely to be in place for seasons to come until I can afford the top guys. All of the original staff were sacked to make way for my new coaching regime.

Transfers

View attachment 465921

My first task with the players was to terminate the loan contracts of players that were eating up the clubs wages. These were replaced by good players on loan that required no wage contribution and the rest of the wage budget was spent on getting in experienced players who can do a professional job in getting us promoted this season -Del Horno, Amanatidis, Tote, Gabilondo and club icon Gonzalo Colza.

Squad

View attachment 465877
View attachment 465878

Overall I'm very happy with the squad I've got now. Good depth all round, with the possibilty of bringing up some of the B team players should we have an injury crisis. Next update will come at the end of September :)

Hey man i wiil read this story for sure! You are an amazing tactician!!What tactic are you going to use in this save ??the 4-4-2 arrisgo sacchi??

Hey man i wiil read this story for sure! You are an amazing tactician!!What tactic are you going to use in this save ??the 4-4-2 arrisgo sacchi??

Cheers, I will be using the 4-4-2 Sacchi and the 4-4-1-1 tweak depending on what players I have available.

Good luck mate. Will see your story. I've started mine. Check it if you want :)

Decided I'm going to go for Bi-Monthly updates, the first will be September & October coming soon.

View attachment 465852

September / October Update

View attachment 465850

This is how our team lines up at the moment, using the 4-4-1-1 modification rather than my 4-4-2 Sacchi tactic at the moment

Results
View attachment 465854

An outstanding start to the season, we've taken it by storm and we're even going very well in the Copa Del Rey. I'm very confident we'll be going up this season

League Table
View attachment 465853

Of course after such a good start I was expecting to be top. What I did not expect however is how well the B team have been performing as well. It could be a Racing 1st and 2nd finish which would be a great achievement.

Player of the Update
View attachment 465855
Ioannis Amanatidis, 12 goals in 12 games

I thought that in Spain, B teams weren't allowed in the same league as the parent club?

I thought that in Spain, B teams weren't allowed in the same league as the parent club?

Indeed they are not, but as I am using LFCMarshalls Update they have fallen into the same division as the relegations/promotions from Segunda B to Tercera were not updated. An interesting situation to be in! I don't really want them to come up with me as I'm not sure how FM would respond to it.

Anyhow, Nov/Dec update coming :)

View attachment 465826

November / December 2013 Update

Results
View attachment 465824
Another very good couple of months, although we suffered our first defeat to Cartagena, we had already won the first leg 7-1 to put us firmly on our way to a good cup run. We knocked out La Liga's Granada to claim a place in the Copa Del Rey Quarter-Final. We also had our first loss in the league, but it was with a heavily rotated side to keep the key players fit for the 2nd Granada leg.

Copa Del Rey Semi Final Draw
View attachment 465827

League Table
View attachment 465828
We're still looking very strong at the top, 9 points clear of Amorebieta who will be delighted with their start. The B team has slipped away a bit, but still sitting very respectably in 5th place way ahead of their 17th place expectation.

Player of the Update
View attachment 465825
Julio Luque
The hottest prospect at the club, Julio had an inconsistent first couple of months, but has really come of age recently with 4 goals, 5 assists and top performances.

Oh well, the cup run was good while it lasted but good to see the fantastic start is continuing bar a few minor blips, promotion will be sealed by March at this rate for sure

Feature: Copa Del Rey

View attachment 465794

What a cracking result against a Sociedad side who were sitting in 2nd Place in La Liga! We didn't allow our heads to drop after conceding and immediately pegged a goal back. The second half was very end to end, but Luque was able to grab the winner giving us a chance to progress in the competition.

View attachment 465797

Wow against all the odds we have managed to win away from home to get through to the Semi-final!I have to admit I thought Sociedad would go on to thrash us after the early sending off for Del Horno but we showed true fighting spirit.

View attachment 465796

It says it all when you're disappointed to draw 2-2 with Atletico Madrid, but we let a two goal lead slip. Going to be tough to get anything at the Vicente Calderon

View attachment 465795

All I'm going to say is WOW. We had two shots on target the whole game and scored them both! Yet again we showed fighting spirit with 10 men, somehow keeping the Madrid barrage at bay. They battered us with chance after chance and it was a very nervous last 25! But we are in the Copa Del Rey Final for the first time in the clubs history, all whilst in the 3rd tier. One of my best achievements to date on FM.

View attachment 465792

Summary

View attachment 465793

View attachment 465770

Season 1 Update

View attachment 465762
Shilla was our only signing in January, picked up for 100k from the Armenian Premier League. He comes with a ''Model Citizen'' personality so he will be one of the best tutors on the game!

January / February Results
View attachment 465768
We score 33 goals and concede just 3 over 8 games complete with a 100% record. Very impressive, considering we played rotated teams inbetween the Copa Del Rey ties.

Youth Intake
View attachment 465772

View attachment 465764
Happy with the first youth intake. Alfredo looks like he could become a La Liga star and others that have a bit of potential

March / April Results
View attachment 465767
Our incredible form continued, at one point we stretched to 9 games without conceding. Alfredo David Lanza became the clubs youngest player and goalscoring during this period. We had secured the title by the Real Union game with 8 games to go.

Final League Table
View attachment 465769
What a season! We win the league by 29 points, an incredible margin. The B team had a very successful season too, securing their best ever finish in their history and finishing just three points out the playoffs. They can build on that for next season. Now for the Copa Del Rey Final and the Playoffs!

Copa Del Rey Final
View attachment 465771
My greatest result on FM13, it was a defensive performance to behold! The multi-million pound Galacticos could not find a way to break us down, and we hit them with a deadly counter attack after their corner. We are the cup winners and what's more we'll be competing in the Europa League next season!

Segunda B Playoffs
View attachment 465766

View attachment 465763

We thrashed Cartagena yet again to gain promotion to the Adelante League, leaving us to face a good Murcia side for the Segunda B Championship. Our worst performance of the season followed, losing 4-1. The second leg looked as though we were going to have to concede the championship to Murcia, but a late surge of goals put us through to extra time where Murcia just couldn't cope with our relentless attacking threat. An incredible game to finish our incredible season!

Player Ratings
View attachment 465765
As expected with the season we've had, player performances were top quality. Gabilondo was immense it's a shame he was injured for parts of the season. We managed to get 8 players into double figures for goals this season!

Last edited:
Amazing mate. You go so in depth into considering transfers and in the tactics. Hope to learn something from you but also a big Racing follower so good choice in team feel free to vote on my stop gap poll if you havent already. Got me following!

WOW! Copa del Rey winners in your first season with Racing? Incredible,will follow!

Amazing work! Nothing that I wasn't expected before. Keep up the good work. I'm sure that you will be capable to evaluate the team and the club safely.

A question: I know you use your 4-4-2 and you've said that you'll be use your tweak. How do you choose the tactics for each game? By the scout reports for example?

Amazing work! Nothing that I wasn't expected before. Keep up the good work. I'm sure that you will be capable to evaluate the team and the club safely.

A question: I know you use your 4-4-2 and you've said that you'll be use your tweak. How do you choose the tactics for each game? By the scout reports for example?

I used the 4-4-1-1 the whole season as I had a split of 2 AMCs and 2 STs. I will only use the 4-4-1-1 if I have a player that is a key player for AMC and Tote was that!