Very interesting indeed, shame to see Santander in such a low league.

Got a bit carried away and i've completed the season! Will post up a whole season update shortly

View attachment 465457

Season 2013/14

Transfers
View attachment 465456View attachment 465471View attachment 465459View attachment 465460View attachment 465461View attachment 465462View attachment 465463View attachment 465464View attachment 465465View attachment 465466View attachment 465467View attachment 465468View attachment 465469View attachment 465470View attachment 465458View attachment 465455View attachment 465454
A season in which I was very active in the transfer market with the aim to bring in young talent, experienced pros and bring back the loan stars from last season on permanent transfers. I had to be a wheeler dealer as my wage budget would only allow me to offer up to 6k! Pablo Aimar was our biggest name signing, whilst the youngsters we got in are full with potential. Gabriel Silva and Miguel Angel Garcia were brought in January, Silva replacing Aaish who I lost to league rivals Espanyol for his 850k release clause. I won't be making that mistake again! (Note the screen shot is only of the players for fees as I couldn't fit all of them on the screen!)

Liga Adelante
Results
View attachment 465453
View attachment 465452
View attachment 465451

Up until the end of March our League form was outstanding, we were miles ahead! We then came to a tricky patch of games where due to the lack of depth and fixture congestion with other competitions I was playing my U19s team!

Table
View attachment 465450
Despite the run of bad form in April/May we blitzed the league, securing back to back promotions to La Liga. Interestingly, Deportivo were almost relegated and Zaragoza were poor for most of the season.

Copa Del Rey
View attachment 465448
View attachment 465449

Yet another great cup run as we reach the final again! It was dejavu in terms of the fixtures as we faced Atletico, Sociedad and Real in the final stages last season. Real Madrid proved just to much for us to win it again, they're an improved side that have just won the La Liga, Copa del Rey and Champions League treble!

Europa League
View attachment 465447
View attachment 465446View attachment 465445View attachment 465444
Incredible! I just could not put this game down while going through this European run. We did very well in the group stages but I never expected to go on to win it. The determination and character of the team is our key strength, as proven by the Ajax and Man Utd home results. In both games we went 2-0 down and looked to be going out but we fought back and ending up winning. It was a great feeling to beat Monaco in the final who are a good side and had just set the record points for Ligue 1. That's 4 pieces of silverware in my 2 seasons at Racing now. I kind of expected to get the league titles, but I never in a million years thought I could pick up the Copa del Rey and Europa League whilst not even playing top flight football!

Best 11
View attachment 465443
View attachment 465442

Supporter's Player of the Year - Iliasu Shilla

In other news, Racing B went up through the play offs so they will ply their trade in the Liga Adelante next season. Is there anything else from this season that people would like to see?

Last edited:
2014/15 Transfers
View attachment 465349View attachment 465356
View attachment 465355View attachment 465354View attachment 465353
View attachment 465352View attachment 465351View attachment 465350

A very important transfer window for us as we look to bring in quality and depth for our first season back in the top flight. I was delighted to bring in the experienced heads of Valdes and Lampard. Valdes is a top class keeper that still has a good few seasons left in him and Lampard brings valuable European experience to our defensive midfield as well as being one of the best tutors on the game. Canales, Alvaro and Manquillo were all transfer listed by their respective clubs, I'd been keeping my eye on ex-academy product Canales and I was pleased to bring him back as a long term replacement for Aimar. I had no idea Alvaro was also an academy product, which made his steal from struggling Zaragoza even more sweeter. We've got a gem in Manquillo who I've seen become a world class full back before. Breaking the club record, Sarabia comes in as our first choice left winger with plenty of room for improvement. We paid 1 million up front and 5 million over 48 months for him. There were no significant transfers out, the majority of the fringe players were moved to the B team to help their Adelante campaign rather than sold for a pittance.

Staff
View attachment 465347
View attachment 465348

After the managerial casualties of the 2014 World Cup I took full advantage of the coaching staff glitch \(If you don't know what this is, basically any manager that leaves a national team will join you in any staff role providing you can offer 3-6k wages, something I found and I haven't seen it publicised). Nothing like a World Cup winner to come in to manage the U19s team, what inspiration for the clubs youngsters! I also brought in France's Deschamps and Argentina's Sabadella who are both excellent tactics/defence coaches. Bernhard Peters (5* tactics/fitness and 4.5 stars everything else) comes in as our new Assistant Manager (hint if they don't want the role, lock it then offer them huge wages, they usually accept). We raided Inter U20s for two top coaches as well. As you can see the standard of training is now pretty much as good as it gets.

View attachment 465244

2014/15 Mid Season Update

August-October Results
View attachment 465246
Possibly the hardest start you could have to campaign, having to play the best team in the world 4 times in a row. We managed to be competitive with Real, even winning the Supercopa on away goals, though we didn't pose too many attacking threats to them. Other than that, it was a smashing start where we were winning for fun except a poor performance vs Mallorca and a heavily rotated squad losing to Lugo. Luckily, we have the home leg to come.

November - December Results
View attachment 465247
Atletico taught us a footballing lesson in the opening game of November absolutely destroying us. However, we picked ourselves up and kept on picking up some terrific wins versus good opposition such as Sevilla, Bilbao and Valencia. We are yet to face Barca. I was disappointed with the Celta result as we were 3-0 up, but it was a cracking game to watch. We also qualified for the knockout stages of the Europa League by topping our group. We will face Udinese in the first knockout round, with St. Etienne or Kuban awaiting us if we get through. We also got through to the Copa del Rey QF, however we will be facing Real Madrid in it so I'm not sure if we will get any further.

League Table
View attachment 465248
The league table makes good reading indeed as we are right up there with the big boys. Long may it last! I was hoping for a European Place via the league, but I did not anticipate a potential title challenge.

Player Ratings
View attachment 465245

Biggest mention has to go to Siebe Schrijvers who has been in fine scoring form. Initially I did not think he was quite ready for La Liga football and he was plying his trade with the B team but a long term injury to Miguel Angel Garcia meant it was his time to shine and he's taken the opportunity with both hands! Coric is showing all the signs of developing into a World Class Centre Back.

Super Siebe
View attachment 465242

Colossal Coric
View attachment 465243

View attachment 465212

January Transfers
Building For The Future

View attachment 465208

I'd spent the last few months scouring the globe for talent but in the end I went for options closer to home. Samper, Iglesias and Balaguer are hot prospects that will form the future of Spanish football, bagging them for their compensation fees is a real steal. I used my knowledge of Genk to bring in another two top youngsters in Walbrecq and Alessandro, they seemed to have developed nicely so far. These players will spend the next 6 months in the B team and their status will be reviewed in the summer. In terms of the first team, I brought in Halilovic, Guilavogui and Corchia. Halilovic will be used in rotation with Pilegaard in MR, I had the option of signing on a free in the summer but I opted to get him in now as he will be able to become home grown at club this way. Guilavogui is a hunch, I've got him in on loan with a view to signing for 6.75m. I really like his attributes for DC so I'm re-training him there, he could become world class. Corchia comes in as my first DR, Manquillo has been ok but not quite ready yet and our second choice Calderon is not up to the standard. Sankhare was sold to Dinamo Moscow for 6 million to help raise the funds for Corchia, though the club balance is in the negative which I hadn't realised. Overall I'm very happy with my signings and we look set for an exciting future.

View attachment 465204View attachment 465205View attachment 465206View attachment 465207View attachment 465209View attachment 465210View attachment 465211View attachment 465203

Going really well mate, hopefully you can hold on to a top 4 finish! Great young signings too, the club is in good hands.

Nice work until now. With a team probably classified as underdog, I guess you can make a good run in Europe and in League.
Looks good the future at "El Sardinero" :)
Keep up the good work!