Rafa Coming Back To Liverpool....?

To say I am horrified by what I am reading here is an understatement, it pains me more even than watching that other team lifting the title season after season. I am normally the first person to say football is all about opinions, and am happy to respect other people even if they say something crazy like "I think Messi is quite average really". All I can think is Rafa has put some kind of mind control drug in the water supply in Merseyside, because I have never seen my fellow Reds deluded and fooled by one person ever. How long did he have your loyalty, even after all the negative football we had to endure the last 3 or 4 years, and Roy has no backing after a few months. Its astounding. It what we are seeing now worse than last year? I think not, at least this guy is giving younger players a chance. Lets bring back Antonio Nunez while we are at shall we?

Rafa and Hodgson can run a two-man operation; good cop, bad cop.

i loved what rafa did with the club and personaly i think he shouldnt of left in the first place but however he has and now we got Roy who i think real deserves a chance,

or at least bring Emile Heskey Back Please!!!

Don't want him back.

It would be best for him to take like a year out and spend it with his family etc, because getting sacked from two clubs in like 6 months doesn't do well for your C.V.

Also, if the stories were true about Gerrard and a few others "wanting him out", then I defiantly don't want him back.

Great manager, loved him for the seasons he was here, but we need to give Roy a chance and after that give a younger manager with attacking ideas a chance to build a dynasty like fergie did with united.

With a supportive board and some money in his kitty, Rafa would excel at Liverpool. After all he did win the champions league with Scott Carson getting a medal.

Would Liverpool actually be doing any better if Rafa was in charge?

Don't want him back.

It would be best for him to take like a year out and spend it with his family etc, because getting sacked from two clubs in like 6 months doesn't do well for your C.V.

Also, if the stories were true about Gerrard and a few others "wanting him out", then I defiantly don't want him back.

Great manager, loved him for the seasons he was here, but we need to give Roy a chance and after that give a younger manager with attacking ideas a chance to build a dynasty like fergie did with united.

He left Liverpool by mutual consent, not by sacking [i.e the **** cowboys forced him out].

I do believe the majority of fans and players still want him as their manager.

Don't agree on Roy being given a chance, he asked for 10 games [or whatever amount it is] and still has not delivered.

Can possibly agree with this, but Rafa is not aging. He can certainly win us a game, unlike you know who.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Yes, we'd do better with a chimp in charge.

I believe so, with money and solid owners I'd genuinely believe we'd go well with Rafa.
As it happens, doubt this will happen. love the man though for what he's done, and how he loves the city/club.

Yes, we'd do better with a chimp in charge.[/QUOTE]

You actually 100% agree with that statement? You want Allardyce as the next Liverpool manager?? Give Roy a chance ffs, it could do you lot more good if you backed your current manager rather than glorifying some fat waiter?

You actually 100% agree with that statement? You want Allardyce as the next Liverpool manager?? Give Roy a chance ffs, it could do you lot more good if you backed your current manager rather than glorifying some fat waiter?[/QUOTE]

Look what the two compared have won, Roy can't win away from home! What type of record is that for hopes of winning the league in a few years?! Roy's a fucktard

If Rafa goes back to Liverpool, i will eat my socks, and film the lot for you.

Rafael Benitez was in my opinion a manager who was tactically sound. However ,he spent alot of money on poor players. NESV probably wouldn't want a repeat of that.

Hodgeson however,has had little time to settle in and blend the team together. To bring in someone else would be a little facetious. Man management is near essential in the game nowadays and perhaps Roy Hodgeson has got that over Rafael Benitez; if you remember players like Ryan Babel and others who were treated rather poorly.

I personally can't wait to see who he brings in come January. Liverpool are in dire need of a new striker.

Top of my wishlist is a return for Xabi Alonso rather than Benitez.

Last edited:
If Rafa goes back to Liverpool, i will eat my socks, and film the lot for you.

Deal.

Give Roy a chance ffs! I know he's pants away from home but you never know. Give him a chance.

I believe that Roy should be given more time,managers are getting the bullet for no absolute reason anymore and not given a chance.

No disrespect to Rafa but he had six years to prove himself but came up short everytime. He did have some good business like winning the Champions League,which was down to luck really and 2006 FA Cup which would have been lost without the brilliance of Gerrard.
Transfer policy was hit and miss with only 4 impressive buys really,Torres,Reina,Xabi Alonso and Mascherano. Most others have flopped.
Benitez wouldnt give academy players a chance and the youth setup was in ruin before he left. Lots of first team players became disillusioned with Rafas training policy and several players were known to be considering their future.

I respect Rafa for his good points but i dont believe its right for a return.Sorry if i rambled on a bit :(

i actually have supported roy from day one

but i also loved when rafa was manager...

negative tactics.. so what we won stuff with him and come 2nd in the league with the most goals in the league.. hardly boring

Hodgson havent been given enough time or budget but i like rafa too much :/

I would welcome Rafa back with open arms. I didn't want him to leave in the first place.

Rafa will always be a legend because of istanbul maybe with the right money he can get us back where we belong his biggest down fall was the Alonso situation and some of this transfer Keane and Aquliani were bad buys but Alonso Mash Pepe Reina Torres were his old good buys

Last edited:

You actually 100% agree with that statement? You want Allardyce as the next Liverpool manager?? Give Roy a chance ffs, it could do you lot more good if you backed your current manager rather than glorifying some fat waiter?

Who said Allardyce is as good as a chimp.

Roy asked for 10 games [or whatever amount] and he has been given it. He has failed to deliver in both cup and league and market. He's out of his depth and isn't doing us or his own career any good.

Last edited: