Haha don't worry, I'm not like some of the Liverpool fans you see around these parts..United deserved the victory, poor first half performance from us and a stupid decision from Gerrard..We looked the better team after pulling one back but with a man advantage I think United were always gonna come out on top. Personally I feel Phil Jones should have walked, not for a straight red but for two bookable offences, that tackle on Lallana was rash to say the least!

Agreed though, Coutinho and Mata have been brilliant lately. :)
I think Skertel could get punished from the FA after that thing with De Gea. The Jones one is hard to call, I really thought he was off because he went through Lallana but after the replay I wasn't sure if he meant to hurt him or was just late, both I guess!

I really can't believe what Gerrard done though, I could understand if the away fans wound him up, players went through him all or if he had played poorly, but he came on in his last game against United and get's sent off straight away! Very surprised.

Also there's nothing wrong with banter between us fans and I don't feel like Liverpool fans on here are bad guys. :)
I just don't understand why fans decide to call each other scum and mock the Munich or Hillsborough disasters.

I also think that Van Gaal's experience payed off today, he knew how to close off Liverpool's most dangerous players and confused Rodgers. As well as that I think that Rodgers is a good manager but his job could be at risk, Europa League places aren't good enough for Liverpool as well as an early CL exit. He also got ahead of himself saying that Liverpool were in the title race after beating Man City, you just can't do that if you're going to be a successful manager.

Barcelona Comeback...

dhcr.png

Luis Suárez Returns to Anfield

d848b9e95b908d8c724f6357de07960d.png

No not in that way..Luis Suárez today returned to Anfield for the first time since his Summer transfer to Spanish giants Barcelona, the Catalan club traveled to Merseyside to take on Liverpool in the second match of their UEFA Champions League Group Stage. Suárez helped fire Liverpool to 2nd place last year after scoring 30 league goals, an astonishing season for the Uruguayan which was shadowed by his controversial 4 month ban for the incident with Chielini in the 2014 World Cup.

668fc29a40e719c29dbf843493fcebc3.png

The game itself ended 2-2 after a superb Barcelona fight-back with all 4 goals coming in the first-half of the match, Luis Suárez only featured for 15 minutes and was unable to contribute during his time on the pitch.

e34b079693e6c8e6e12c432bec49844c.png

Liverpool took an early lead when Captain Steven Gerrard fired home a free-kick from 22 yards, a nostalgic goal from the Liverpool legend as the ball curled up over the wall before dipping into the top left hand corner, a wonderful goal!

Daniel Sturridge doubled the lead only a minute later, a disastrous backpass from Marc Bartra let the Liverpool man in on goal and with the form he's been in this season he was never going to miss. Anfield was rocking!

bd86dd80e829811555ae315d4f8636e1.png

However, Messi and Neymar combined twice as Barcelona recorded a 6 minute double to fire the Catalan club back into the game, Liverpool will be disappointed with the goals conceded but the performance on the day was an admirable one.

3917da2a28b5827b93dfc29b3d81fb75.png

Elsewhere Juventus recorded a 1-0 win over Maccabi Tel-Aviv in Turin to put the Bianconeri top of the group, Liverpool and Barcelona surprisingly finding themselves in 3rd and 4th. The Reds next match against Juventus will certainly be one to watch as Liverpool desperately need a victory to boost their chances of progression.

I also think that Van Gaal's experience payed off today, he knew how to close off Liverpool's most dangerous players and confused Rodgers. As well as that I think that Rodgers is a good manager but his job could be at risk, Europa League places aren't good enough for Liverpool as well as an early CL exit. He also got ahead of himself saying that Liverpool were in the title race after beating Man City, you just can't do that if you're going to be a successful manager.

I don't think Rodgers will get the sack, Liverpool are a club looking for longevity and he's definitely the right man for the job. Liverpool kept misplacing passes and I feel that the miss by Lallana shortly before half-time pretty much summed up our day..The top 4 race isn't over yet but we desperately need to beat Arsenal if we're to get back in it, something I can't see us doing...

As Captain it's looking like Jordan Henderson but player-wise I'm not sure! He's a tough player to replace!

Thank you! I was incredibly surprised by that result..I never beat Arsenal on FM15! :)

Very few complete DMs like him available. What about Kristoffer Ajer or Lucas Romero? Ajer is just 16 and can shoot up.

Very few complete DMs like him available. What about Kristoffer Ajer or Lucas Romero? Ajer is just 16 and can shoot up.

I usually try to avoid the 'mainstream' wonderkids, they make winning titles and trophies too easy after a few seasons! I've got Andrés Cubas who isn't looking too bad, he's a DM prospect!

Carragher's First Steps...

qe2j.png

Peterborough United Hire Carragher as Manager

34f7c8e0e7a9d00648b228808a24cf4e.png

81078122451307378bb3dbbcec3b9d0a.png

Jamie Carragher has today been unveiled as the new Manager of League One side Peterborough United. Carragher (36) takes over The Posh with the Cambridgeshire side currently lying in 23rd place, not an easy step into management for the former Liverpool player but Carragher will be delighted to have landed on his feet so well since retiring from professional Football, first through punditry and now as a Manager.

Carragher will replace outgoing manager Darren Ferguson who had spent 3 years at the club but has since struggled to help the club grow, a change of direction was necessary and Jamie Carragher has been trusted with the position by chairman Darragh MacAnthony.

ee8ed9e450a5cd5fe14843885ac9a7c3.png

Ferguson leaves London Road after his second spell in charge of the club, initially managing the club from 2007-2009 before returning in 2011 after a spell at Preston North End.