No worries mate.

BTW how do you pronounce the name of the club Rafaelle was managing? :O

Ermm the Icelandic one I assume you mean?

I haven't got a clue haha, just copied and pasted their full name from wikipedia and then referred to them as their shorthand name of KA from that point.

I'm really enjoying this story.
Keep it up mate.

By the way, how many leagues did you load the game with? And how long does it take roughly to process a general day?

I'm wanting to do my own sort of 'started from the bottom now we here' kind of story, but trying to get the best performance out of my computer is a bit annoying - however I don't want to limit my choices by only selecting the big 5 (England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy).

Nice man, definitely the right decision to leave I think especially as the Icelandic club wouldn't go professional.

I'm really enjoying this story.
Keep it up mate.

By the way, how many leagues did you load the game with? And how long does it take roughly to process a general day?

I'm wanting to do my own sort of 'started from the bottom now we here' kind of story, but trying to get the best performance out of my computer is a bit annoying - however I don't want to limit my choices by only selecting the big 5 (England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy).

Not that many mate. Think I started with Iceland (2 divisions), Denmark (3 divisions), Sweden (4 divisions I think), Norway (2 or 3 divisions).

I've changed them about a bit since then though and I've now deleted the Swedish and Norwegian leagues and added the MLS, the A League, the top 2 Brazilian leagues, the top 2 German leagues and the top 2 Greek leagues. Think the database only has around 28,000 players in it and it runs fine. I'd say just using the add/remove league feature is your best bet to get the best performance but still have a chance to manage in a lot of different places.

Nice man, definitely the right decision to leave I think especially as the Icelandic club wouldn't go professional.

Yeah, there was some nice youngsters in the KA squad that could really have excelled at that level if they were able to train full time but as a part time club I don't think Rafaelle would have been able to get them challenging to qualify for Europe any time soon.

I think he has landed on his feet with Aris as they seem like a Superleague club playing in the wrong division. Despite the financial issues haha

Aris
2018/2019 - Season Preview

View attachment 281871

Transfers:

View attachment 281870

The wage budget was actually cut a little for the new season but with plenty of players who had no business being in the squad getting released, D'Aniello had a fair amount of spare wages to bring in new players. The first 4 players were brought in on free transfers. The big name signing here was ex Anderlecht striker Matias Suarez, who D'Aneillo convinced to join the club on just 1.4k a week by offering him a high sell on percentage. Brazilian attacking midfielder Chalkiadakis has dual Greek nationality and crucially won't take up a foreign player space in the starting 11.

View attachment 281866View attachment 281865View attachment 281864View attachment 281863

The next 3 signings were players brought in on loan and Aris are playing nothing on any of their wages! Rafaelle must have some great persuasive skills!

View attachment 281861View attachment 281860View attachment 281859

The final signing was signed for 200k (mostly over 48 months) after rearranging the budget as Rafaelle wanted to bring in a player from his old club. Young attacking midfielder Palmason came through the youth academy at KA when Rafaelle was manager and Rafaelle was keen to work with him again due to the high potential he sees in him. He may not see a lot of game time this season but should have a massive future at the club.

View attachment 281858

Squad:

View attachment 281856View attachment 281855

The squad is in a much better state than when Rafaelle took over and should be able to at least challenge to meet the boards objective of winning promotion. If they can keep Matias Suarez fit, they should have a striker capable of scoring a bucket load in this division!

1st 11:

View attachment 281852

Centre of midfield is probably the weakest area of the squad but if this team manages to stay fit all season then promotion could well be on the cards.

Other News:

1)
Not sure if people are interested on me reporting on Rafaelle's previous clubs, but KA got knocked out of the Champions League qualifying round at the 2nd round stage against Moldovan champions Sheriff. They are also 2 points behind KR with 5 games to go in the league and lost the Icelandic cup final 2-1 to KR. Decent going considering they sold their best centre back and best two strikers from last season!

View attachment 281847View attachment 281846

2) Rafaelle completed his Continental A license but the club can not afford to pay for him to take his Continental Pro license.

View attachment 281842

Next update will cover the first two months of the season, including games in both the Greek Cup and the B division! If there's anything you else you would like to see in the updates or a specific SS then just ask!

Aris
September + October - 2018

View attachment 281757

Fixtures:

View attachment 281756

Not too poor a start for Aris in the league with 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. The 2-2 draw at home on the opening day was extremely unlucky as Apollon only had 2 shots on goal and scored both of them! The away defeat was disappointing as Aris had more shots and possession but just culdn't create any clear cut chances. In the cup, Aris managed to pull off a very nice 3-1 win at home to Superleague and Europa League side AEK athens. As long as Aris don't lose by 3 or more goals in their 2nd group game against another Superleague side Veroia then they will progress to the next round as 2 teams progress through a group of 3 teams!

League Table:

View attachment 281755

Obviously you can't really judge a league table after 5 games, but it's interesting to note that Aris have 3 of the top 4 in their next 4 games so that should be a pretty good test of their promotion credentials.

Player Stats:

View attachment 281754

Star signing Matias Suarez has had just the sort of impact D'Aniello predicted with 8 goals and 4 assists in 8 competitive appearances so far this season. Juventus loanee Donis has also made a good start to his Aris career with 4 goals and 3 assists in 7 games.

Other News:

1) There is talk around the club that a takeover may be happening in the near future.

View attachment 281751

2) Rafaelle's old club KA failed in their bid to defend their Icelandic title, finishing 2nd behind FH by 4 goals on GD.
:(

View attachment 281750

Next update will cover the months of November and December, with a further 8 league games to be played the league should start to take a more clear shape...

Unlucky KA. Would of been nice to see you play another season there to really give that UCL qualifier a crack - but like others said - if they don't want to turn professional, no point.

Suarez is a really good player - had him in some of my previous saves for lower leagues/clubs and he has always bagged me 15+ a season.

Unlucky KA. Would of been nice to see you play another season there to really give that UCL qualifier a crack - but like others said - if they don't want to turn professional, no point.

Suarez is a really good player - had him in some of my previous saves for lower leagues/clubs and he has always bagged me 15+ a season.

Yeah, I feel Rafaelle could have got KA in Europe in a 2 or 3 seasons if the club turned pro as they had nice facilities but you couldn't attract any foreigners as a semi-pro club which would have made making significant improvements to the team pretty difficult.

Suarez has had just the impact Rafaelle had hoped so far, averaging a goal a game. If he keeps fit then Aris will definitely be fighting for promotion this year in my opinion.

Nice start to the season mate, hopefully you can get promoted. Some nice transfers too, Suarez looks decent even if he is ageing slightly.

Aris
November + December 2018

View attachment 281408

Fixtures:

View attachment 281406

16 points from 6 league games is pretty good form for Aris, as averaging 2 points a game would have been enough to see them promoted in the two previous seasons. It was disappointing to only take 1 point from the last two games and Rafaelle will be hoping that this isn't the start of a bad patch of form. Another Greek cup win over a Superleague side saw Aris win their group with 6 points from two games and advance into the last 16 where they will face a fellow b league side.

Player Stats:

View attachment 281405

Matias Suarez has dropped slightly from his goal a game ratio but has still been an outstanding performer for us up top. He is however being slightly outdone on the average ratings by part Greek part Brazilian centre midfielder Chalkiadakis who has taken to a slightly deeper role than he would usually play very well!

League Table:

View attachment 281404

Top of the league with just a 3 point gap to 2nd and 4 point to 3rd. Rafaelle would have hoped to have a little bigger gap by now but the poor results in the last two games have closed the gap slightly.

Other News:

1)
The good news is that Aris have had a takeover, during which the new chairman took out a loan to get rid of the clubs debt. There was talk of the new chairman trying to get rid of Rafaelle but he was said to be impressed by the support for Rafaelle at the club and so eventually decided to keep him after a two week deliberation.

View attachment 281403View attachment 281402

2)
Rafaelle convinced the board to improve the junior coaching at the club, increase the number of coaches, pay for him to get his Continental Pro License and give him a new contract after the takeover.

View attachment 281399View attachment 281400View attachment 281401View attachment 281398

3)
Knowing he would probably have lost him on a bosman in January, Rafaelle managed to get £425k for want away centre back Giannis Kangas. This is after already selling his centre back partner Vasco Fernandez to a Qatari club a month earlier (before the takeover) for £800k. To fill the gap at the back he has arranged deals to sign Zambian international Stopilla Sunzu and Greek centre back Intzidis in frees when the window opens in January. Sunzu should be a fantastic signing at this level.

View attachment 281395View attachment 281396View attachment 281397View attachment 281394

Next update will cover the months of January and February, with a further 13 league games to be played and a two legged cup tie against Larisa, it's certain to be an extremely busy period which will shape the season of Aris...

Sunzu looks like a great pick up mate, very nice!

Yeah, I'm thinking he'll probably be a solid player in the top flight next season if Aris get promoted.

The fact he's non EU means he takes up one of the 2 non EU player slots in the starting 11 and that means the Brazilian striker Galvao has to drop to the bench, but I've only just realized he hasn't scored in 13 league games so maybe that's not such a bad thing! XD

Aris
January and February - 2019

View attachment 281115

Transfers:

View attachment 281114

Rafaelle decided to make a further 4 transfers in January in order to bolster his squad in depth for an extremely busy 2nd half of the season. Firstly, he managed to convince QPR to allow him to take a young Greek right back on loan until the end of next season again whilst contributing none of his wages! After that he brought in 2 Greek players whose contracts were running out at fellow Greek clubs and so were available on the cheap. Stamou is a starter in the half back position, whilst Neofytos has 7 goals and 4 assists in 14 games in the B League before joining Aris this season. Finally, he arranged a deal to bring in a young Greek striker called Stathopoulous in from Groningen on a free, but decided to bring him in early when a fee of just £68k was agreed between the two clubs. Stathopoulous and Neofytos will fight it out to partner Suarez up top.

View attachment 281112View attachment 281111View attachment 281110View attachment 281109

Fixtures:

View attachment 281107

Fantastic over the two months from Aris! Moved into the Greek cup quarters where they hold a 2-1 lead from the first leg away from home against fellow b league side Apollon. In the league Rafaelle has led the side to 9 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss from the 12 league games played over the period. He's needed to use his squad a little more than the first half of the season as games have really came thick and fast, but at this rate they seem to be flying towards promotion!

League Table:

View attachment 281103

7 points clear of their nearest challengers with 2 games in hand on them, it's fair to say if they don't win the league from here then Rafaelle would deserve his marching orders!

Player Stats:

View attachment 281099

Both new strikers have got off to very promising starts, and will get the chance to play as a partnership for a few weeks as Suarez is out for a few weeks. What you can't see on that screenshot is that young 17 year old Icelandic midfielder Palmasson who he brought with from KA has managed to grab 6 goals and 6 assists in 8 starts and 19 sub appearances which is a far stronger impact than Rafaelle thought he would have in his initial season at the club.

Other News:

1)
Aris had a pretty poor youth intake again this year, with it looking unlikely that any players will ever make it at the club.

View attachment 281094

2)
Rafaelle has declared interest in a couple of international jobs as he looks to help build his reputation at any chance possible.

View attachment 281093

Next update will cover the months of March and April. If Aris manage to make it to the Greek Cup final I may do a separate post for that game. Also, I've updated the 2nd post with the save history and will try to remember to update it after every season.

Costa Rica
March - 2019

View attachment 281031

Raffaele Appointed Costa Rica Manager:

View attachment 281030

Rafaelle decided that it was about time he took his first step into international management, and snapped at the chance of managing Costa Rica after they sacked their manager.

Squad:

View attachment 281029View attachment 281028

So Rafaelle takes over an ageing squad but one which does have some quality. If he is to have any success then a lot will fall on the hands of key players such as Joel Campbell, Celso Borges and Keylor Navas. Unbelievably, Joel Campbell had not been selected for a national team squad for over a year and a half! No wonder their manager got sacked.

View attachment 281027View attachment 281026View attachment 281025

Tactics:

View attachment 281024View attachment 281023

Rafaelle has decided that his usual narrow 4-1-2-1-2 diamond is probably not the way forward with Costa Rica as two of their most attacking threats in Joel Campbell and John Ruiz are wingers! He's decided to adapt his usual system to include inside forwards on the wing combined with attacking wing backs. He has also been training the team in his trusted diamond though just in case!

Gold Cup Playoff:

View attachment 281022View attachment 281021

Rafaelle was thrown straight into action as Costa Rica had a Gold Cup Playoff against Cuba to play. Costa Rica were heavy favourites and obliged with a 3-1 home win followed by a 5-3 away win. Overall, Rafaelle was a little disappointed to concede so many goals and at one point it looked like they may get beat away from home. The important thing though was that they qualified and they will be at the Gold Cup in the summer!

Next update will be the March and April review, which will now include the group stage draw for the Gold Cup with Costa Rica...

Aris
March + April 2019

View attachment 280755

Fixtures:

View attachment 280754

Firstly, my usual method of taking screenshots (alt +f9) is not working at all so I've had to improvise and use snipping tool (may look a little better but takes more effort!). Rafaelle pretty much continued where he left off and led the club to a further 9 league victories, with a couple of draws and defeats added in their when the squad was stretched to it's limits and was tiring. But where did these results leave Aris?

League Table:

View attachment 280753

Champions of course! To be honest it's been obvious Aris were going to take the league title for a while and it was just the case of getting over the line. Rafaelle was targeting averaging 2 points a game and they surpassed that so he was very happy with how the season went as a whole.

Greek Cup Semi Final:

View attachment 280752View attachment 280751

A massive tie for Aris as they were drawn against big rivals PAOK in the Greek Cup semi finals. A record Aris attendance of 21,398 saw them take a 2-1 lead in the home leg, but unfortunately PAOK won the 2nd leg 4-2 AET to head through to the final. Massively disappointing, especially since PAOK needed 2 goals in the 2nd half of added time due to away goals but it was still a very good run for a 2nd tier side.

Player Stats:

View attachment 280750

Matias Suarez finished top goalscorer with 20 goals, but January signing Stathopoulos managed an impressive 13 in 18 starts. Free signing Bruno Chalkiadakis won b league player of the year and managed to get his first call up to the Greek national team, albeit he didn't make an appearance. Left back Gomez was nearly signed on a free but renewed his contract with Atletico so Aris have extended his loan till the end of next season.

Other News:

1) Costa Rica won a routine friendly 2-0 against Martinique and have been drawn against the USA, Trinidad and Tobago and Haiti in the Gold Cup group stage.

View attachment 280749

Next update will be a Gold Cup update with Costa Rica, hopefully I'll find a solution to my screenshot problem in the mean time...