RAGE & Frustration thread!!

Oh and I've only been posting for a couple of months.

Under your current yet unbanned alias, GaryHammer1000, yes. I know your chance Analysis. I've seen your Matches on Prior Releases. I've seen all your threads arguing shots and Possession, and why the scorelines wouldN't match those stats. I've even uploaded highlights off them to show what some player issues in analyzing chances are. What you would hugely beenfit from is a an Analysis tool that would allow you to analyze your chances, somewhat "objectively". Because despite your insinstance on otherwise, the far biggest Chance on this match fell to the Opposition, and your side barely carved a single decent Opening to the Point that almost all attempts were off set pieces exclusively. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4rX1XHuQgI

The game is indeed a "Farce", btw. That also goes for your fanatasy Winning streaks though.

Under your current yet unbanned alias, GaryHammer1000, yes. I know your chance Analysis. I've seen your Matches on Prior Releases. I've seen all your threads arguing shots and Possession, and why the scorelines wouldN't match those stats. I've even uploaded highlights off them to show what some player issues in analyzing chances are. What you would hugely beenfit from is a an Analysis tool that would allow you to analyze your chances, somewhat "objectively". Because despite your insinstance on otherwise, the far biggest Chance on this match fell to the Opposition, and your side barely carved a single decent Opening to the Point that almost all attempts were off set pieces exclusively. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4rX1XHuQgI

The game is indeed a "Farce", btw. That also goes for your fanatasy Winning streaks though.

Like I said, pointless.

Like I said, pointless.

As others have found, who I consider to have a superior understanding than mine (some even providing crucial Input as to how AI tactics could improve): Pointless exercise indeed. It's telling how much free time players of this have dedicated to explaining things, and yet got nothing but abuse in the end in reply. Given your stat focus, as well as blindly following the game's big time flawed feeedback in general; the only chance likely would be some far more clever statistics, plus an intelligent analysis system, that would show you in-game. As you've had this on any release, no matter any temporary issue. Analysis like this would be Dream come true. https://www.theringer.com/soccer/20...germany-south-korea-mexico-sweden-elimination

As others have found, who I consider to have a superior understanding than mine (some even providing crucial Input as to how AI tactics could improve): Pointless exercise indeed. It's telling how much free time players of this have dedicated to explaining things, and yet got nothing but abuse in the end in reply. Given your stat focus, as well as blindly following the game's big time flawed feeedback in general; the only chance likely would be some far more clever statistics, plus an intelligent analysis system, that would show you in-game. As you've had this on any release, no matter any temporary issue. Analysis like this would be Dream come true. https://www.theringer.com/soccer/20...germany-south-korea-mexico-sweden-elimination

It is obvious in real life as well as in FM what is a good, great, decent, half chance etc, we don't need a more intelligent analysis system(we do but not before the ME has improved significantly first.

I won't go as far as vanTig.... but I will point out that nearly every match that Arsenal lost in the league in the last 5-6 years of his tenure that wasn't against other top clubs (the top six/seven), Arsenal were the "better team" based on possession and shots. And they would lose. Because they were focused on attacking, because they made defensive mistakes, because they left the defenders exposed and because a lot of players were not accountable for defensive responsibilities. It still happens under Emery but at least it appears there is progress.

So.... if you are attacking and aggressive, accept you will sometimes get Arsenal'd. Or, if you prefer, Arsenlol'd.

Small gripe. Last gripe for the Blackburn save. I finished the third season with a Prem title, which was a bit unexpected. Lot of manager churn at the bigger clubs and Arsenal were doing better than us, but fell away at the end. We both had tough runs to finish the season (our last 3 matches were City, United, and Chelsea), but Arsenal dropped enough points those last three didn't matter. We got smoked by City and the board was celebrating, then I saw the headline that said Arsenal and lost we mathematically claimed the title.

Last match of the season - and likely the save - was Champions League final against Atletico Madrid. Went in with no expectation to win, because we never should have been there. We got a remarkably easy group, considering we were pot 4. Got Benfica then Chelsea. Benfica were a bit of a push, in terms of talent, but taking down Chelsea was a bit of an upset. Then we got Barcelona and had no right winning. But 1-1 at home and 2-1 away and we into a final we don't belong in. Against Atletico, which is still very strong and managed by Guardiola, who I don't have a great record against (lost to Man City in the Carabao Cup final in the first season, when we were still in the Championship).

Without any expectation of winning, I was going to just use Instant Result. But I played the match instead. We gave up some big chances, with Griezmann and Angel Correra making a few killer runs with cutback passes that we just fought off with a last ditch lunge or a nice save. We made it into half-time scoreless. Just into the second half, they have a corner, which they play short, then across the top of the box to Correra. He has no shooting lane - there is a defender and the goalkeeper. Three of my players move to close him down. He shoots. Top corner. We keep pushing for an equalizer. The 4-3-3 I use makes pretty awesome use of the inside forwards and they score loads from cutback passes and low crosses. We got a few couple of those, but Oblak made killer save after killer save, getting across wide open goals to palm it away or grab it. We hit the woodwork twice with wide open headers. Just couldn't get past Oblak. He ended up with an AVR of like 8.0. We lost 1-0.

Crushed. But not in the "this motivates me to do better" way and keep going. We never should have been there, never should have been competitive, and we were so close. Weird dynamic. And an exciting way to end the save.

Players constantly passing the ball back to the corner or throw-in taker in the offensive half and by doing so creating an offside!

And goalkeepers giving rebounds and rebounds of that rebound...

More post editing now that i'm on a roll... :D To stop you overachieve too much the game is biased against promotion teams! No matter how much you control the match in every **** statistic, the game finds a way to f*ck you with a penalty or a last minute goals! This is a second time I've experienced this during the first season at the PL. Unless it's another promoted team your better just hope for a draw.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me what the **** is wrong with strikers in FM19?? Theu just can not score! I've tried several tactics already,with one striker with two or three and it just doesn't seem to make any difference.
I started in Polish lower divisions so at first I thought "ok the players are really bad here so maybe that's the reason". But then I took Inter and when Icardi was playing like ****, no matter the tactics I used... Am I doing something wrong?
Wingers are scoring a ton,CMs too, **** even FBs, but Iwould prefer Icardi to have some more goals than Perisic or Politano...

Looking at the AI v AI matches and it appears I have the only team in FM that's creating any real chances. Most AI games have the odd half chance unless there's a penalty in their game ccc's are rare and even then its usually the defending team creating them, yet the attacking side are still lumping 3 or 4 goals in without creating anything of note.

vanTiggelen

I Just cant believe, you are still defending FM. I had a discussion with you 1-2 years ago about fm 17 or 18, where i was just getting woodwork 4-5 times per game and you still defended that by saying "Unrealistic amounts of shots". Yet you are here and still defending FM 19 like the game is faultless and everything is players fault.

Tohammer

You just cant convince him, he is one of those paid people to defend the game, even if its worse. Like i my save Harry Kane is missing almost every one on one, He would say fault in your tactics ex. Tempo, Passing etc etc,
Harry kane Keeps missing then he would post a pic of "What is domination according to FM Players ( A pic from FM 10 or 15 shots stats).

Harry Kane keeps missing, He would come up with "real life conversion rate of ALL strikers"

Harry Kane keeps missing, He would say these are cheat tactics, doesnt represent real life

So everything is your fault! or else you will be given a 4-5 years old lecture with same slides and arguments from vanTiggelen. so please please accept your fault and peace! xD

If distinguishing clear and easy chances and tough ones were so easy, how come commentarists get them wrong 95% of the time? Always judging the quality of goals by how close the ball is to the goal, no matter if the goalkeeper is right on top of it covering every single angle to goal, or saying "supersave" when the potential assist was a looooooong distance delivery that gave the goalie plenty of time to predict where the ball will be hit to goal then dismissing as an easy save one in which the striker had huge angles to score it and the goalkeeper really had it hard to predict it and decide what was the best space to cover. There's the problem with the ME's stats: CCCs are calculated basically with the same crappy criteria. 90% of the CCCs the game reports are nowhere CCCs and the obvious CCCs aren't counted as such but as half chances at best.

Go watch the quarterfinals and so on from Di Matteo's Champions with Chelsea. He pulled consistently the defensive side that allows huge amount of shots and chances and then takes their less than handful chances. Not once, not twice, not thrice, but consistently for all last five matches. That wouldn't happen if that was a fluke and not a tactical success.

My frustration and rage is the set piece takers. I've reported it since FM13?, it seems to come and go as when I report it stops for a few weeks (I have such a weird luck with bugs), but the game keeps changing what I set. It's asterisking infuriating to spend 30+ minutes setting up all those set piece routines to then go to the match and see half the team isn't where I had told them to be, not even the set piece taker is the assigned one.

Play against 10 men. Dominate game, clear cut chances but cant score. Concede in 91 minute to lose 0-1. **** this game

Transfer BS!!

Took a 7th placed Kilmarnock to the title by 2 points the following season..one of my best players Jack Byrne, 25 year old averaged a 7.25 throughout the season played 48 games 1 as a sub valued at 5 Million, only wanted to sell because I'm doing the Pentagon challenge and this is what I get offered, how the **** is this fair and how the **** am I supposed to make money in this game?

View attachment 25549
View attachment 25548
View attachment 25546

One thing about this FM and ME is that it proves without a doubt that the whole thing is scripted from star to finish.

First season with Cardiff finished 10th expectation 20th
Second season finished 3rd expectation 18th(FM'ed last 6 games to make sure we didn't win title) (also FM'ed in FA Cup Final)
Third season finished 4th expectation 8th(Double FM'ed to make sure no title) (FM'ed in the cup final again) (FM'ed in CL QTR Final - my gk thows ball out fullback he plays it back to gk, he has it at his feet then inexplicably just backs off into the goal to let opposition score goal)

I have just lost 6-2 away to Man Utd clearly and simply because the game is crooked.

Some of the highlights

My fullback throws ball to tightly marked player instead of the two unmarked players(goal)
No player back on corner despite instructions to do so(goal)
My player reaches ball first but runs straight over the top of it(goal)
My player shoots and it hits defender and springs perfectly to opposing player surrounded by 4 of my players(this happened multiple times) (goal)

My player runs towards opposition goal and has TWO players free and through on goal but decides to try to pass to my marked winger instead

The day before the game my first choice left and right back picked up knocks keeping them out of the game

Impossible to watch matches and pretend that the game is straight.

SI Update

Not been mentioned but its there, checked over at SI and there's no mention, but my game updated and I know what was added.

Teams who were playing very defensive before the update are playing much more aggressively.

Check your games people.

Oh and just to add, the ME is now even worse believe it or not