RAGE & Frustration thread!!

I had similar scenario with the Uefa Supercup..... 34 players on international duty so played vs AC Milan with basically my youth side and lost 8-3

There is no justification for the poor penalties in this game! Unless the player has a penalty taking under 10 he should still have a way better chances of scoring than missing. And attacking player know how to score penalties without you having waste one training session to just for penalties. It's infuriating how often your players miss or not miss but the goalie saves. Penalties was never a big issue in the game untill FM18 SI started to fix the scale for the goalie for some reason!

1. Players stop developing past 20 years old. That's too young to cut off CA improvements. Slow down improvement, sure, but don't make it so that a 22 year old with room for improvement can't actually improve. Buying 20-25 year olds is a waste now. You have to buy teenagers if you want to buy projects.

2. In many tactics, players cross too frequently. I have wingbacks crossing 20+ times per match and over 60 times as a team when I'm using short, patient passing. It makes for really awful match viewing. I wish they would pass back to retain possession once in a while instead of pounding crosses. Imagine watching a real life match where your team is crossing the ball almost ever minute. That seems impossible.

3. Training for a new position is finicky and too easy to be undone. Furthermore, very similar positions such as DMC/MC and ML/AML shouldn't require very long to train, nor should they be "forgotten."

I think that is a definite save-reload till you get the result you need tbh, although would've taken a fair bit of time I guess. Hate these things too!

Alot of shots, just a few goals.... for me PS:sry for the amount of screenshots

Im managing Torino its my 8th in italy and in the first 4 games in this season ( even in the other 7 seasons) my team creates alot of chances to score but we cant convert them into goals when compared to the other 2 teams that fight for the tittle . can anyone help me with that

View attachment 12633View attachment 12632View attachment 12630View attachment 12631View attachment 12629View attachment 12628View attachment 12628View attachment 12627View attachment 12626

So I bought this amazing young prospect regen from France. Playing as Bayern. Great striker, high potential. Training was going fine, player developing well and then this happens.

attachment.php

Polish language so I will just let you know we are looking at the acceleration. How does one loose so much of it in one day? 17 year old. No injury whatsoever. Other attributes just fine. Anyone explain?

Moved on from my Mineiro save and decided to tackle Lobos BUAP in Mexico.

I've had a few good saves with them on past versions. But the last one on FM18 was kinda buggy. Hoped they had fixed it since I reported it, but appears to be a hard nope.

Lobos are a university club (there are a few of them in Mexico) who got promoted two years ago, quite unexpectedly. They are still second division in quality, which makes them a bit of an interesting challenge. The majority of the starting squad is on loan from other Liga MX clubs, there isn't much money, the facilities are mediocre, and the contracted players are equally mediocre. I enjoyed running them because its POSSIBLE to do reasonably well and get a bit of money to build a squad that is entirely your own within 2-3 seasons. Mexico produces some good newgens and you can bring thru 4 and 5 star newgens from South America.

The problem I ran into on the last save I tried with them on FM18 was monetary. In Mexico, clubs tend to be rich but they are that way due to sponsorship incomes more than anything else. Most clubs have strong attendances, but the per-ticket income is low. There is almost no prize money from the competitions. Participation money is decent but not huge. But sponsorships can be like $30m or more. A bit part of that is clubs having individual TV deals, which can be hugely lucrative for the biggest clubs.

There seem to be two fundamental problems. One is that the club has a low reputation to start - lowest in Liga MX, which is probably realistic. Like in other leagues, sponsorship incomes link to club reputation. The second problem is that Lobos don't have a TV deal of their own. This is accurate, but it means the club never gets an individual TV.

On my first go around with Lobos, I managed to sign several very good first day newgens and selling one of those after the first to Dortmund for like 30m alleviated any financial issues. The second save, I also signed those kind of players but didn't sell any, and the club lost a ton of money. Never got an individual TV deal and reported it as a bug to SI. I was told that the individual deal was "replicated" in other broadcasting incomes, but that never really seemed to be the case. The biggest Liga MX clubs can get like 30m a season from their TV deals, and despite getting our rep up there, the club never got near that.

So I finally tried Lobos on FM19, hoping this was resolved. The club starts with something like 4.5m in the bank but only 170K to spend. That was used up signing a couple of free players. Media Prediction is to finish bottom, so I figured making the playoffs would be a good season. Finished around 5th in the Aperatura, made the playoffs, and lost out in the first round to Leon. In the Closura, we again made the playoffs but nearer the top of the table, got some good matchups in the playoffs, lost several of the matches but did well enough in the other legs, and ended up winning the Closura. Also won the Closura Copa MX. The latter got us almost $1m in prize money. It was pretty dicey at times - played a 4-3-3 and literally had 2 MCs and 1 DM for those positions, and if someone couldn't play, I had to play a winger out of position in the middle. We finished the season almost 2m in the red.

I was hoping to get some decent money for sponsorships and therefore have a bit of money to spend. The club reputation went up to about 12th in Mexico. Since so much of the squad is loans, there is a rebuild required.

New commercial deals... was about 3.5m. And the board gave me $74K to spend.

$74,000.

After the loanee players leave, the club has 12 players under contract. 2 more returning from loans. 3 want to leave. The reserve and youth players are nowhere near an adequate quality to contribute. I can't even target a glut of free signings to fill the squad as most will want a signing bonus and that eats into the transfer budget, plus there isn't a ton of wage budget either. So.... can't exactly build anything. I do have a couple of newgens who my scouts found coming in, but most wont' arrive until the third season due to their age and since most generated at lower-level clubs, aren't coming in as a immediate wonderkids.

I checked using an external editor, and the new sponsorship deals we got are about on-level with what 2nd division clubs got in Mexico, rather than Liga MX clubs with a similar reputation to what ours increased to. So its still buggy. But I've already posted it to SI and got told its all good, so not much point to doing that again.

The finances are just unworkable. At the current rate of loss, we would be negative $4m after the second season or lower. On FM18's second save with the club, the lowish sponsorship incomes continued even after the second season when the club rep had improved more significantly, so no reason to expect it to be resolved.

I ended up starting up a new save Pumas, which is one of the Grande clubs of Mexico. Big club, big stadium, big fanbase, good facilities, but current squad isn't up to the level of the club. A chance to build. But it never really grabbed me. A bit too easy. Think I might try Blackburn again.

Has there been some backdoor update or what... My season is going to ****! 16 goals conceded in 11 games when I only had 17 in the whole last season! Same team, same tactic!

Has there been some backdoor update or what... My season is going to ****! 16 goals conceded in 11 games when I only had 17 in the whole last season! Same team, same tactic!

Been wondering this myself , Seems like all the tactics I use now are useless and can’t defend for ****

Can someone tell me how this works. I'm currently managing Birmingham and drew Spurs in the Carabeo cup no probs there. I was expecting a tough game yet take it to penalties which I lost. Happy with that but how the **** did my player score when we only had one shot which wasn't even on target? I even watched the highlights to make sure that the shot didn't hit the Spurs GK before going in (it didn't).
attachment.php

Happy with that but how the **** did my player score when we only had one shot which wasn't even on target? I even watched the highlights to make sure that the shot didn't hit the Spurs GK before going in (it didn't).
Ok, but what did you actually see though?

Without any information as to what happened, I can only guess it's either a UI issue or should have been an own goal, unless the ball hit the post/bar before going in? Technically it's off target then.

Ok, but what did you actually see though?

Without any information as to what happened, I can only guess it's either a UI issue or should have been an own goal, unless the ball hit the post/bar before going in? Technically it's off target then.
The ball didn't bounce off the post it went between the goalie and the post the side net even moved, keeper didn't touch it either and no player other than mine was anywhere near the ball. I could except it if it was an own goal or gone in off the post but it didn't.

The ball didn't bounce off the post it went between the goalie and the post the side net even moved, keeper didn't touch it either and no player other than mine was anywhere near the ball. I could except it if it was an own goal or gone in off the post but it didn't.
So then it's an issue where the shot is not registered as being on target.

Carrying on my exasperation at this pile of dog w&*k, a typical example of the matches I am being presented with (I'm managing Crewe btw).

attachment.php

Rage, rage, rage... nuff said

Whats wrong with that? Man, I'm Man Utd, few years in, power house again, for 3 games I averaged about 45 shots with only about 5 on target and 1 goal to show for it, after I was on a 35 game unbeaten streak, winning Champs League and I've got 5 players in World Team of Year, now thats rage.

If distinguishing clear and easy chances and tough ones were so easy, how come commentarists get them wrong 95% of the time?
Quoted for truth. Unfortunately, the game apes all that **** punditry in ist match commentary and final match reports. https://statsbomb.com/2016/10/xcommentary/
https://twitter.com/SimonGleave/status/949184820382437378

vanTiggelen

I Just cant believe, you are still defending FM. I had a discussion with you 1-2 years ago about fm 17 or 18, where i was just getting woodwork 4-5 times per game and you still defended that by saying "Unrealistic amounts of shots". Yet you are here and still defending FM 19 like the game is faultless and everything is players fault.

That's bollocks. Players like this have a history with not even understanding basic sports (Possession+more shots=Managing); and they have proven to be absolutely terrible with analysing chances. I have matches of his. Yet it is that same suspicious of getting rigged by the same ridiculous Players that may hold the AI back. If the AI of this would improve, the suspicious of cheating AI would improve alongside to it. This **** can't Keep getting spammed thus unchallenged. In particular not with the no Defenders, please kind of tactics on offer here in masses that should suffer from this far more oftenly if this were to be a Football sim. I actually think it's too easy to get shots, however primarily the low probability ones. The next time you drop a Point, take a look how many of those shots you had were created from genuinely open Play as opposed to set pieces, for a start.

No matter how bad the game, there is nothing in there that keeps one from winning, actually human Players Right on this board stop the game from being like Football at all, with seasonal shot conversions consistently in the 15-20+% range that are unsustainable even by top Teams in uinbalanced leagues. This wouldn't be possible if the game were flawless. The Edge they hold over the AI is also ridiculous, as it can't get nowhere near. Also wouldn't be posssible with better AI thus.

Players such as this have also never understood that dominating shots by the end of a match on a spreadhsheet is oft primarily a sign of one side sitting back and the other trying to break it down. The AI loves to do this, and does it far too drastically, and even with good teams. IN such a Scenario, dropping a Point on added occasions is a simple statistical probability, even if there would be plenty genuine Chances in there. Because in Football, the actually better Team doesn't win as regularly as it should. Ask anybody in Analysis, the table lies. Rest assured that the game has Little of the randomness actual Football holds Overall, as else rage would reign supreme. It's a playtoy coded for casual footie fans who want to win sum stuff with Westham United. It will Always remain that way for as Long as guys such as Gary are amongst its target audience. Additionally, all that cheating AI bollocks actually distracts from the actual flaws.

Last edited:
how dead this forum is.. is more rage coz i used to love this over alll fm forums

Given how comparably often to some prior releases ranged shots hit the back of the net (and how efficient the exploits of set piece defending seem to be), I'm surprised there should be much of any of the usual rage. Like, OMG I went 40 shots without winning. Of course, with all the users totally nuking their leagues at consistent seasonal fantasy shot to goal conversions regardless of player quality, it's totally human manager brilliance to celebrate, and never a massive flaw of the game to rage about, meh. Maybe everybody's gotten too bored in the process to really care, who knows. That is, except for the odd few times Gary / ToHammer drops a Point, so that the game ensures he doesN't win the league with BadTeam United. (H)

Last edited: