RAGE & Frustration thread!!

when ronaldo decides to retire @ 38 in ****** NOVEMEBER OF A SEASON and refuses to reconsider and when you try offer new contract he asks for 800k from 550k and on a 5 year contract basterd lol

I'm just tired of seeing AI score their first attempt when I shoot over 20 times a game with at least 8 on target, and most of them from inside the box, with strikers far far superior to theirs.
I know it's been like that since the early days of CM and I know it acts as artificial difficulty, but it's just very frustrating.

I'm just tired of seeing AI score their first attempt when I shoot over 20 times a game with at least 8 on target, and most of them from inside the box, with strikers far far superior to theirs.
I know it's been like that since the early days of CM and I know it acts as artificial difficulty, but it's just very frustrating.
You can be frustrated (and it is frustrating) but this is REALLY incorrect. It's quite common knowledge that there isn't artificial **** like this in place. The main reason is that the ME can't even tell the difference between human and AI. There's no point. It's there to calculate decisions and results. The AI also only has the same tools available to it as what human users have, so again, it's not even possible for it to be in place.

Yeah yeah, I know... but I don't buy into it.
There would be no reason to always be the one screwed over.
And if some people don't believe scripts are in video games, you are sadly mistaken. Some developers clearly talked about it, and some even advertised games on it.

There would be no reason to always be the one screwed over.

We can do the same to the AI teams. Ever seen the immensely annoying "I FM'd FM, lulz" threads? That's exactly what that is. Users are just, in general, the much more attacking team, so much more likely to have a counter attack or lucky set piece goal etc happen to them.

And if some people don't believe scripts are in video games, you are sadly mistaken. Some developers clearly talked about it, and some even advertised games on it.

"Some developers". We're not talking about "some developers". We're not talking about other games. This is about FM and there isn't scripting in the sense of cheating or bias in the game.

It's time to talk about how biased the game is towards Manchester United! For the record I'm not a fan of any team but I find it ridiculous that at least in my longer PL saves it's always United (or Liverpool) that become the powerhouse team within 1-2 years. And Guardiola almost always gets fired after the first season. If this continue in FM20 there is seriously a fan problem in SI dev team.

What brought this on you may ask... :)
attachment.php

12 chances and 4 goals against their 5 chances and 6 goals!! And before you say that CCC's arent always that great, it works the other way around too. Some of the chances that the game counts as half-chances would be considered very good chances in real life.

Last edited:
No general thread for this year? Oh well.

It started off nicely and as expected for Man United.

attachment.php

This is how majority of my league games have gone... :mad:
attachment.php

We can do the same to the AI teams. Ever seen the immensely annoying "I FM'd FM, lulz" threads? That's exactly what that is. Users are just, in general, the much more attacking team, so much more likely to have a counter attack or lucky set piece goal etc happen to them.

I'm actually baffled that Players of this even despite pouring hundreds of Hours into this still haven't realized that as soon as the AI goes for ist Burnley Approach (park the bus and spoil the fun), they could sit their dog in front of their PC -- they'd still have tons more shots, etc. and everything. You wouldn't even need any of thebasically defenderless supertactics by the likes of knap or TFF dominating this place -- but they help to occasionally concede from the first shot on target for sure (arguably, it should happen way more often than it does...). Because that's what it is, a byproduct of one side sitting Deep and Mighty (see Burnley in 2017/2018), and the other attacking over and over again. You can blame MOTD and similar for this -- in fairness, they've incorporated xG stats in their more recent match reports, so unlike decades before hint at the possibility that not all chances may be equal opportunity, and that not every match where one Team had x time more shots it was "unlucky".

For as Long as Players are convinced there's something fishy going on, I've lost hope of the AI "catching up". Because the suspicious would only increase, and nobody would Play a game perceived as inherently unfair. There's no rhyme and logic. You can only ever take a point in matches where you had few shots if you aim to have few shots. Which requires an opponent playing on the attack, and you "parking the bus" yourself. Even if you play badly, even if you never have a successful counter attack, you will win at some Point by a fluke, an error, a set piece goal then. The AI is too one-dimensional and on average too defensive for this, in particular on long-term saves. It however already has an edge, as statistically it only cares about the goals and has simple means of increasing and decreasing the likelyhood of scoring on each end. The Player simply Downloads his super tac that does some Things well and other Things badly, hits continue, and every time in a hundred the Point drop occurs, it must be his getting rigged.:mad:
[At the same time, every time he rocks the league with plain average Teams and pure fantasy seasonal shot to goal shot conversions, it's his being brilliant]

My remainingn hope is actually that a) the game doesn't allow all the naive garbage you can still enter in it's UI (which hurts the AI too). After all, the premise is that it's simulating actual Management from schooled personell. Plus, that the AI stops being so defensive. You would never see an Underdog playing attacking Football against a favorite on this, and on the Occasion, even good Teams pull the "Burnley" Card. May also help to balance the ME in Terms of perceived "realism", as it's easier to test a somewhat finite amount of combinations, than "infinite" ones. Actually, I'd revamp the entire tactical part of the game entirelly, as it's still too much of a menality / Team/Player instruction role/duty combination Micro tweaking puzzle box, into one where each competing Manager (AI included) is focused on chosing coherent Systems suited to Players available, as well as making (logical) judgement calls during the Course of the match.

Plus naturally getting rid of the bad match Reports insisting that every time a Team had x more chances/shots come the final whistle, it was unlucky to lose -- but sometimes, ****** football, it indeed may. ;)

Last edited:
Almost chucked my PC out of the window. I'm SønderjyskE. CL Qualifying 1st leg too.

905983c53c68a4de7ce0398d05a1d2a4.png

Thanks for the suggestions I can poke out the bottom rail section as what Kos-Mos said, so I believe its possible to find a replacement rail. However, seeing how the proper AUG factory rail is over 200, that might be a hard thing to digest

Currently, Im planning to simply glue the broken section back. Any suggestions on a brand of glue I should use?

