Raheem Sterling set to become Liverpools youngest ever player.

Think everyone has read to much into one game, it was a great performance though, hopefully he'll get 10 minutes.

Mirror. Not going to believe it.

That said, I've heard great things about him. Hopefully a star in the making.

probably just for the experience more than anything.

over reacting a fair amount from the mirror, it was a good game, but it was the kind of direct game that suited him, and at that level when you look good, you look amazing

Can only be good for him though, I mean he's 16 and he's flying over to prague with Gerrard, Carra, Pepe and Kenny Dalglish. Could be a great experience for him.

Last edited:
I hope he gets 5 or 10 minutes :) The çad played quite well for the U'18s

Made up to see that but daglish did say that he would be taking young players away for the experience.
He was amazin yesterday, last person to score 5 at anfield ?? Robbie Fowler !

I'm in a filthy mood so I'll just remind you that Liverpools all time leading scorer at every youth team and reserve team level is Neil Mellor.

Not exactly pulling up trees now is he? :p

Don't get excited by players as young as that until they burst onto the scene out of nowhere like Rooney did for Everton and Messi did for Barca.

I'm in a filthy mood so I'll just remind you that Liverpools all time leading scorer at every youth team and reserve team level is Neil Mellor.

Not exactly pulling up trees now is he? :p

Don't get excited by players as young as that until they burst onto the scene out of nowhere like Rooney did for Everton and Messi did for Barca.

YouTube - Liverpool - Neil Mellor (goal)

If Sterling does anything like that, I'm pleased. ;)

Mellor was underestimated at LFC!! He set up Gerrards goal against Olympiacos! If it wasnt for him we wouldnt have had a 5th European cup!

*Admin Edit* - He also scored in that game

Last edited by a moderator:
Mellor was underestimated at LFC!! He set up Gerrards goal against Olympiacos! If it wasnt for him we wouldnt have had a 5th European cup!

So what a couple of good things, means he was underestimated at liverpool. is that why he career has been so good since........ Oh wait.

Good news if it's true. Hopefully get a run out at the end and rip some people! His runs against Southend were messi-like!

And I loved mellor during his time and liverpool, he did provide some key moments and was their when we had striker problems. Shame his career kinda went downhill from there on.

Was talking to him about this earlier, he's really excited but apparently he's been told he won't play unless absoloutley necessary. He may not even be in the 18, but Kenny wants to give him the experience of a European Away Game..

He's grinning ear to ear, Kenny told him he's got a really bright future and he can't stop smiling!

Connor Coady, Jack Robinson and John Flanagan are also going, so I wouldn't say it means they'll play. However, I hope Raheem does, it would make him the youngest ever Liverpool First team player at 16 and 71 days.

Was talking to him about this earlier, he's really excited but apparently he's been told he won't play unless absoloutley necessary. He may not even be in the 18, but Kenny wants to give him the experience of a European Away Game..

He's grinning ear to ear, Kenny told him he's got a really bright future and he can't stop smiling!

Don't blame him.. Haha!

And before all the noobs start saying "How were you talking to him?" & "You don't know him"

He does know him, and talks to him on Facebook.

Don't blame him.. Haha!

And before all the noobs start saying "How were you talking to him?" & "You don't know him"

He does know him, and talks to him on Facebook.

Lol, apparently it wasn't Kenny who told him - it was Sammy Lee. But Sammy said that Kenny feels the same.. or something along those lines lol...