Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day everyone, I have managed to find a little bit of time over the past few days to play Fm14 and started a save with Benfica :)

I want your guys input, people who know more about the ME and tactics on Fm14 than I do :)

I never intended to try and recreate the successful Complete Madness tactic from Fm12/Fm13 but it has quite a lot of similarities, except for the wide players that work as additional strikers and not out and out wingers like they were in the other tactics

I am still not familiar with the new tactic system yet either but for the most part, save for a mid season slump which will be indicated below, the tactic has been good and plays some lovely football along the way...

I lost 1:0 in the ECL final to Manchester United after beating the likes of Real Madrid and Chelsea along the way in the knockout phases :)

Formation and Instructions:

View attachment 422323View attachment 422324

Results:

View attachment 422321View attachment 422311View attachment 422309View attachment 422307View attachment 422306

Player stats:

View attachment 422305View attachment 422304View attachment 422302View attachment 422301View attachment 422301View attachment 422296View attachment 422294View attachment 422291

Teamtalks:

You can still use my guide from Fm13, which has been slightly updated to Fm14

Raikan007's Teamtalk guide

Pitch size:

• Maximum or standard (105m x 64m)

Opposition Instructions:

• [*=center]Ask your assistant manager in staff responsibilities (only do this if his tactical knowledge is above 15)

[*=center]Wingers - show to weaker foot/hard tackle

[*=center]Mids - close down/weaker foot

[*=center]Strikers - hard tackle/weaker foot

[*=center]Fullbacks - weaker foot/close down/tight marking if good attacking fullbacks

Match Prep:

• [*=center]team cohesion/tactics until season starts

[*=center]attacking movement against teams with weak/leaky defence

[*=center]defending when up against the big boys

[*=center]Teamwork
Suggested Player types:

Goalkeeper:

Good old fashioned Keeper normal shot stopper etc
(Maarten Stekelenburg, De Gea, Cech)

Full Backs: (attacking fullbacks)

Good on defense and positioning, high work rate, good marking, plus: good at running with ball and passing/crossing is essential!
(
Azpilicueta/Alex Sandro/Danilo/Liechtensteiner/Siqueira)

Centrebacks:

Composed and determined, pacey and good anticipation is a must, ball player, not necessary, just a good centreback!
(Moreno, Zouma/Jadson/Rever/Otamendi/Hummels)

Defensive Mid:

Good stamina, work rate, tackling, strength teamwork, passing and positioning, good old fashioned Centre Defensive mid, an all round good midfielder adept at defending and attacking!
(Yann M'Vila, Benders/Javi Garcia)

Centre mid right:

good at passing, creativity and high stamina, good at tracking back helping on defence and picking up the ball deep, he will drop deep and and pick up possession and spray the passes out wide to the wingers, creativity is essential and a good first touch with technique/decisions/work rate
(Fernandes/Kroos/Pogba etc)

Centre mid left:

A good defensive type central mid, think CM - Support type player, good all rounded mid
(Romulo/Jucilei/Javi Martinez)

Inside Forwards
:

(can be inverted, right on right and left on left)

Extremely quick, agile, determined good decision makers, high flair and dribbling and crossing/finishing. Good off the ball movement, stamina are also very important.
(Hulk, Willian, Di Maria, Salvio, Gaitan, Walcott)

Striker
:
Target Man or Complete Forward!
(Cardozo/Lukaku/Giroud)

Disclaimer:

It is imperative that you buy the type of players I suggested otherwise it is not going to work properly! you cannot expect Walcott to play as the Target Man role and score for fun! Just remember a Manager has a set formation and style he incorporates into his team and sometimes the players he has do not fit into that formation hence he does not win games! You have to get the right players in to get the best out of your tactic
smile.gif

I am still working on the tactic but want your guys input as well :)

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC HERE

Last edited:
updated and tactic available for review/suggestions/input :)

Looks neat but is finishing 3rd with benfica an achievement? Just asking as i dont follow them. Nice amt of goals scored but conceded a bit too much. And united in the CL final with Moyes?! XD

Looks neat but is finishing 3rd with benfica an achievement? Just asking as i dont follow them. Nice amt of goals scored but conceded a bit too much. And united in the CL final with Moyes?! XD

no its not a great achievement, its ok.. I lost a few games where I could have won to win the title

however, the football it plays is good for me and the team and I was not too concentrated on the games to be honest as I was/am working..

so I would start the match, alt tab and continue with my work... maybe if I had watched more games and spent time adjusting things it would have been different

do you use same mentality away or change it? I am gonna test it with everton i think.

Would it work with a different role to a target man? Not so keen on a target man that's all

do you use same mentality away or change it? I am gonna test it with everton i think.

I change it on the fly sometimes, I usually drop it to balanced when playing away or against larger opponents and sometimes set to defend

Would it work with a different role to a target man? Not so keen on a target man that's all

the TM role works very well in this.. however, I have used it with CF and it worked as well, but its not the same type of style and approach

im gonna give it a try but i have one question . My strikers arent suitable for the tm role so if u were about to change the role in the striker position which one would you choose to replace and maybe if u could give a simple and small explanation ? I hope im not asking too much . Thanks in advance.

P.S : Benzema is my main striker.

After couple of months i am back too...nice to see raikan tactic.

Pretty good come back :p