(slightly tweaked and twisted) but My MLS team love this... IF are scoring for fun.. some great little through balls onto diagonal runs..

Last edited:
Getting dominated in terms of possession and shots

hey bud, I have noticed that once or twice as well, I used this in my first game of the new season and was beaten 3:1 by Vit. Guimaraes who are 2nd on the league by GD :)

I have a second tactic that I used for a while due to second season slump and recently changed back to this tactic now for my first ECL game of the year against Spurs..

View attachment 421244

Has it got any better Baxter?

im gonna give it a try but i have one question . My strikers arent suitable for the tm role so if u were about to change the role in the striker position which one would you choose to replace and maybe if u could give a simple and small explanation ? I hope im not asking too much . Thanks in advance.

P.S : Benzema is my main striker.

hey bud, in the OP it states CF as an alternative, for Benzema try AF :)

(slightly tweaked and twisted) but My MLS team love this... IF are scoring for fun.. some great little through balls onto diagonal runs..

glad to hear that bud :) its still a work in progress, hence the BETA tag in the heading :) feedback and suggestions are most welcome :)

hey bud, I have noticed that once or twice as well, I used this in my first game of the new season and was beaten 3:1 by Vit. Guimaraes who are 2nd on the league by GD :)

I have a second tactic that I used for a while due to second season slump and recently changed back to this tactic now for my first ECL game of the year against Spurs..

View attachment 497665

Has it got any better Baxter?

hey bud, in the OP it states CF as an alternative, for Benzema try AF :)

Unfortunately not, I got sacked in November, just couldn't win, now trying out a different tactic at the moment :)

Well, that's what I call a really pleasant return :D

I'm very happy with my current tactics atm, but I must try this! I had many success last year with it!

Used the fm13 tactic with Newcastle last year and was winning just about everything. Being with Gateshead for 3 seasons using a different tactic came close to promotion and suffered the heartache of been put out in the playoffs. Started using the new version of complete madness. Guess what. Promotion first time of asking. Welcome back mate.

any updates guys?

not played since posting this, hectic at work.. over 2500 downloads already? feedback?

how about with v14.3 Raikan, i like this in FM13 but not try this in FM14.

any updates guys?

not played since posting this, hectic at work.. over 2500 downloads already? feedback?

Tactics from 14.2.2 don't work on 14.3
That's why there's not a lot of feedback mate.

Okay, no it doesn't work well on 14.3! A shame because I love these 4-5-1 tactics.

A few things I noted that could be applied generally though:

- Target Man isn't working for me up front at all. It's too direct, and players often just try and launch the ball up to him. He inevitably loses possession and they'll counter. Because all the players are so far up the pitch, especially the wingers, it's hard to defend against. I think a more possession based system would suit this formation more.

- Losing an awful lot of possession from the goalkeeper's distribution. I think a GK should always distribute to defenders (preferably fullbacks) and I stand by this. It gets rid of that annoying situation when your keeper makes a save, larops it up the field and you're on the defense again. I want to take pressure off when my GK makes a save, not keep it on!

- Tactic is weak against stronger teams. Players often find themselves isolated, with nothing to do apart from launch it up field and hope for the best. If you're playing against a pacey team this can be disastrous.

Other than that... Some good football is there to be played at points. Some nice triangles going on, and I think the 'wingers' tuck in really nicely to pack the midfield. If you could turn this into a possession based system, you could create an immense tactic.

All my opinion of course.

Looks neat but is finishing 3rd with benfica an achievement? Just asking as i dont follow them. Nice amt of goals scored but conceded a bit too much. And united in the CL final with Moyes?! XD

No... finishing 3rd with Benfica is not an achievement but making it to the CL final is....if done in first season with no transfers! :)