run from deep/move into channels/high freedom/roamingi have a question i am trying to get a attacking possession tactic going how do i tell the mids/str's to move into space
1) if you have a DM I would play on coverI need advice in this departments:
- whether it is better to use stopper or cover in this case. I think that cover is more defensive but they close down less and stopper little less defensive, but they close down more - what do you think
- in midfield i am thinking about - DM (defend of course) and then - either DLP with defend + AP with support or DLP support with BWM
- with two inside forwards on attack cuting inside i am thinking of either deep-lying forward with support to connect the lines, poacher for little more counter tactics or tranquelinista for messing around
My last question is - do you think it might it good base for counter tactics (version with poacher) or possesion with deep-lying forward/tranquelinista?
Thank you for your feedback and advice
hey budEy Raikan, and thanks for a very useful guide here! I picked up alot of useful pointers here that i wasnt aware of despite playing this game alot : ) I am one of those who wants to have it easy but i see now that it takes some work to get it right.
Ive started a new season/save with my beloved Manchester United and i have set-up 2 tactics, one 4-2-2-2 possesion tactic and one 4-2-3-1 attacking tactic. The posession tactic i start the match as standard and change it during the game to controll or counter depending on the outcome and if i need a goal i change to the 4-2-3-1 with 2 IF`s swaping position. It has worked ok so far.
My problem is now the individual player instructions. I play De Gea as a Gk defend, Evra as WB attack, Ferdinand as a CB cover, Vidic as LD stopper, Rafael as FB support after looking at wich roles that suited them best. I play Carrick as a AP support and Strootman as a DLP support. I play Valencia and J. Rodriguez as a wingers attack and last i play Rooney as a DLF attack and finally RVP as a AF attack.
How do i try to set-up all the players individual instructions? Are there any guides for this? Ive used the team instructions you suggest in the OP for both the posession and the attacking tactics. I feel that most of the team seems to do pretty well except for the strikers. Im not sure if the combo is working, or maybe it should but i should have their individual instruction to fit eachother.
Thanks buddy! work in progress herehey bud
1) dont use United as standard/counter! use control/attacking (if its working then thats ok.. but still not the right approach, plus we play 442, quick tempo/attacking/direct passing)
2) swap Carrick and Strootman (or rotate them in same position) and start Cleverly/Anderson as AP
setting instructions is actually a lot easier than people think!
set their instructions to players strengths and weaknesses (according to their stats)
Valencia - run with ball often/cross often from byline/hug touchline
you wont make him run with ball never/long shots often/cut inside
play to your players strengths
before the teamtalks on matchday you will see this screenI've got a question I've been playing fm13 since day it came out and have never bothered with getting players to use there weaker foot or things like that. But in a recent change of philosophy I'm going to give it a go, only thing I don't know how to do it!! If anyone can help would much appreciate it. Cheers