Raikan007's Golden Oldies Challenge Fm12

Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day to you all! Thanks to Will1981 for making this database change for me! looks great bud!

GoldenOldies.gif

The Golden Oldies have replaced Norwich in the English Premier League, can you win them one last Cup? Maybe even push for the league title and European Qualification!

Be the man of men! Take control of some of the best players over the last decade in this fun and exciting challenge!

Competition Rules: (click the tactic names for links)

• Use any tactic you want but the Short and Sweet, 433 Swoop there it is or my newset one Awesome Amc tactics earns you one extra transfer of any player you wish (Norwich might struggle a bit to bring in super quality, however, that one signing could be the difference between winning and losing)
  • No cheating (no FMRTE etc)
  • Past experience (Automatic or Semi Professional only)
  • You set auto saving to once a month (however if you want to go to sleep or something you can save, but dont over do it otherwise you may be disqualified)
  • The winner is the first manager to get 3000 points or do the Treble!
  • Good luck and enjoy

Updated Transfer
Rules:

• Only three transfers per season, if a player retires you may sign another player to replace him! (no one younger than 31yrs old can be bought)

The Golden Oldies team/staff:

View attachment 218801View attachment 218802View attachment 218803View attachment 218804

Point Scoring System:

1. Winning the Champions League: 1000 points
  2. Winning the League (first season) 1000 points
  3. Winning the League (after the first season) 500 points
  4. Winning any Cup: 250 points
  5. Winning Europa League: 350 points
  6. Winning Uefa Super Cup & or Community Shield or equivalent : 150 points

Screenshots needed after each season:

1. Your squad and tactic used
  2. Fixture list of full season
  3. The League table
  4. Cups (Group stages recommended the trip to finals type layout)
  5. Best game
  6. Worst game
  7. Top Scorers and assists in league/cups
  8. Transfer history
  9. Any other records/things achieved

Link to database:

The Golden Oldies database download

I think thats all for now, cant think of anything else to be honest! If you have any comments feel free to post them and will get back to you! Let me know who does the challenge and you can post results as you go along! If you are using the Short and Sweet tactic feel free to post the passing analysis SS!

Good luck and enjoy, cheers,

Neil

Last edited:
Gonna give it a go this weekend and maybe earlier.

Good to see the father of Ronald and Erwin Koeman is still active!

yeah, got that last night as well I have contacted Will1981 to try and sort it out for me!

Think for the speed of the game and the small depth you need you only have to load a few top leagues into the game.
England (ofcourse) and maybe Spain, Italy, French and Germany?

yeah, but to get more players maybe a good idea loading large db and a few extra leagues :) would love Pirlo/Beckham and Rivaldo!

Waiting for Will to get back to me!

Smallest player is Di Natale at 5 foot 7. That is a very tall team on average! Some of my favourite players there, looks pretty good Neil :)

Might have missed somthing here, eyes could be wrong but..... No left back? Only one right back? Nor a right mid or (bar giggs) left mid??

Love Seedorf description "Iron Willed" lol, not seen that before!

Last edited:
yeah Joe :) Will made it for me, not working 100% at the moment! I noticed that too! Going to contact him about it :)

I like the idea Raikan, but with only one transfer per season, will you not end up with a very old team after a few seasons?

If I understand it right its one tranfer per period and two if you use a named tactic by Raikan. Not really much but I think it is the meaning to win some prices in a few seasons to finish the contest with 3.000 points or winning the triple.

A question that has risen to my mind is what do you do with the regens you yearly get?
Reject them or train them in youth and second squad (or loan) till they are 31?

I guess the regens and players from the youth are a good way to produce a good income of money by selling them and getting older guys

@Raikan I am at my work now and won't be able to test, but is the database complete and ready to start the challenge or do I have to be a little patient?

View attachment 219019

Just loaded and got this.Any help i thought we had a team :p

yeah, got that last night as well I have contacted Will1981 to try and sort it out for me!

yeah Joe :) Will made it for me, not working 100% at the moment! I noticed that too! Going to contact him about it :)

I have the same problem... help please.

I am aware that some of you are having some problems with some of my database's wheras they are working fine for others.

It is hard for me to find the issue you are having as I am not having the same issue.

All I can suggest you do is make sure you are using the latest patch and and make sure you are not running the database with any other custom database's or custom transfer updates.

As sson as somebody finds a fix to this issue please let me know.

hi guys, ok, going to change the rules! read the OP :) good luck!

I am aware that some of you are having some problems with some of my database's wheras they are working fine for others.

It is hard for me to find the issue you are having as I am not having the same issue.

All I can suggest you do is make sure you are using the latest patch and and make sure you are not running the database with any other custom database's or custom transfer updates.

As sson as somebody finds a fix to this issue please let me know.

What's the patch do you use? Thanks