Raikan007's Possession tactic discussion & creation centre: Hints & Tips

My back 4 especially my full backs seam to give penalties away quite frequently although their tackling is set to normal with tight zonal marking. Their creative freedom is fairly low as is their mentality (1st notch of normal)

Check if your backs have decent tackling abilities.

If I am not mistaken they need:
- Tackling
- Concentration
- Determination
- Agression
- Positioning
- Marking

11 or higher on these abilities should show that they are normal / good tacklers, lower than 11 and due to a lack of one or more of these abilities they are more likely to respond to late and/or let them make fauls.

I always have my backs set on normal tackling, zone marking and tight marking and rarely get red cards.

But keep in mind that your tactical mentality could play a role in this as well.

If I am wrong here, I will be corrected...if not...I hope this helps you :D

Got a question about the centreback pairing. For obvious reasons, most possession tactics have the goalkeeper passing out to the centreback. I've tended to use one of them as a conventional centreback, and the other one (whichever has the better passing and decision stats) as a ball playing defender who receives the ball from the goalkeeper.

That seems to make sense since the goalkeeper should always (in theory at least, not always the same in practice!) be looking to pass to the better passer, who also has more freedom to play through balls. What I'm wondering though is if that's actually a mistake. When the keeper has the ball, the "collecting" defender sits deeper as he waits to receive it. However, if the job of the ball playing defender is to step up into the midfield then do I really want him receiving the ball deeper? Might it make more sense if his partner was the one coming deeper to collect, leaving the ball playing defender closer to the midfield?

Got a question about the centreback pairing. For obvious reasons, most possession tactics have the goalkeeper passing out to the centreback. I've tended to use one of them as a conventional centreback, and the other one (whichever has the better passing and decision stats) as a ball playing defender who receives the ball from the goalkeeper.

That seems to make sense since the goalkeeper should always (in theory at least, not always the same in practice!) be looking to pass to the better passer, who also has more freedom to play through balls. What I'm wondering though is if that's actually a mistake. When the keeper has the ball, the "collecting" defender sits deeper as he waits to receive it. However, if the job of the ball playing defender is to step up into the midfield then do I really want him receiving the ball deeper? Might it make more sense if his partner was the one coming deeper to collect, leaving the ball playing defender closer to the midfield?

yes and no :) lol

1) I give it to my better passer period, however, I never use BPD's really, if I do, its just the ROLE but all the settings I have edited to the T so it does not really matter.. but the player of course will pass the ball better due to his stat if his is 15 and the others is say 11 with the exact same settings...

2) if the BPD gets the ball deeper he will look at pushing up with possession into the gap (where the DM slot is) and runs the risk of being caught in possession..

So, I would give it to the worse passer to sit deeper who would then probably pass it out to the flanks etc.. but do you want the actual defender involved in build up play? No you don't, leave the passing to the mids!

yes and no :) lol

1) I give it to my better passer period, however, I never use BPD's really, if I do, its just the ROLE but all the settings I have edited to the T so it does not really matter.. but the player of course will pass the ball better due to his stat if his is 15 and the others is say 11 with the exact same settings...

2) if the BPD gets the ball deeper he will look at pushing up with possession into the gap (where the DM slot is) and runs the risk of being caught in possession..

So, I would give it to the worse passer to sit deeper who would then probably pass it out to the flanks etc.. but do you want the actual defender involved in build up play? No you don't, leave the passing to the mids!

Thanks for the response. In general the difference between my CB and BPD are usually just a little more freedom and being allowed to play more through balls. I have experimented with other differences (e.g. staggering mentality) but never really gotten anywhere.

Currently my "BPDs" are all pretty competent midfielders. So might try getting the weaker passer to collect, in combination with focusing passing in the centre (to try and stop him from picking the FB over the BPD). In principle, the ball should flow from GK to CB to BPD to DLP; rather than the current system where the best passer in the defense passes it to his weaker partner who then either passes it to the nearest fullback or the nearest opponent ;)

how to create ccc and play 1 2?i dont know..please?
i already upload training shcedule but not appear at my download..please assist?

how to create ccc and play 1 2?i dont know..please?
i already upload training shcedule but not appear at my download..please assist?

1) read the OP mate :) there is more than enough to start you off
2) Fm13 does not have schedules like Fm12 did mate, check the training feature

My best results. I just changeg in a 4-3-2-1 formation :D

Raikan what would be the strongest one to play?

Radex, what roles have you given the players?

I don't seem to have enough shots whenever I play possession football, that's my only issue. What would be your advice? I use Pass into space, work ball, retain poss, hassle opp, play through def and play out of def.

Should I add play wider and higher up? Using control with defensive line 2 clicks over half way, width 2 clicks over half and tempo 2 clicks below half. No counter attack.Nothing else ticked.

Any tips?

View attachment 311677

this is my tactic here... i'm getting some good results but my players aren't getting so much passes... Only Arteta sometimes get's 30 passes, other get only like 20-25.. Should I edit something? PI maybe?

thanks.

What partnership would you play for your centre backs here are the options:

1) centre back & centre back
2) centre back & cover
3) cover & stopper
4) cover & cover