Wezkat

Reaction score
Hi. Im starting a story on me trying to get my beloved Crewe Alexandra out of League 2 and im going to let you in on How im doing. I've already gone through a bit of my Season so I'll just start from there

TRANSFERS

Christian Gyan: Free
Lars Stubhaug: Free
Frédson: Free
Lucien Mettomo: Free
Nicolae Mitea: Free
Izzy Iriekpen: Free
Callum McManaman: Loan (Wigan)

Starting 11

Stubhaug

Gyan Mettomo Iriekpen

Walton Frédson

Mitea Donaldson

Zola McManaman Moore

Last edited:
Gotta have Calvin Zola in there, scored 18 goals in 27 matches in League 2 on my save.

Gotta have Calvin Zola in there, scored 18 goals in 27 matches in League 2 on my save.

I had him in some of my pre-season games...he does well to get to the goals but when it's one-on-one he's as blind as a bat!

PRE SEASON RESULTS

NEWELL's (Argentina Premier League)
1-1 Frédson

CREWE u18's
0-1 (shocking result!:()

GH ACADEMY
5-0 Mitea, Iriekpen (2), Gyan, Frédson

NANTWHICH TOWN
3-1 Mettomo, Donaldson, McManaman

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Mixed results from pre-season, especially disapointed with the loss to my own academy!
The league has started and with my new team I was feeling confident that instant promotion is going to happen

L2 CREWE vs DAG & RED (Alex Stadium) [4989]
2-2 McManaman (2)
1st game and the new look Crewe side is raring to go but if anything it was an extremely poor start! Top star Frédson gets red carded in a dodgy decision by the ref. We were 2-1 down and in the 93rd Minute we scored!

League Cup Rnd 1 CREWE vs BLACKPOOL (Alex Stadium) [5343]
1-2 Elding
Knockout game and on the 1st round we pitted against a Championship team! After the draw last game, confidence was low and wasn't expecting much. We actually played well and it was 1-0 to them at H/T. We equalised but they stunned us in the dying minutes. Although we lost, it was a peach of a game!

L2 CREWE vs GRIMSBY (Blundell Park)
3-3 Donaldson, Moore, Mettomo
What a game! I thought we might beat them 2-1 or 2-0 but it was a draw. It was an away game I suppose. Defence was quite honestly useless but our front was pacey with Moore and Grant providing excellent crosses.

L2 DARLINGTON vs CREWE (Large-Empty Stadium, Darlington)
4-1 Moore, Zola (2), Miller OG
Wow! What a game! Front was again fantastic with tip top crosses and excellent runs. We were way too fast for them. Defence is still a worry and they let way too many crosses go unattended!

NEWS: Cat food company Whiskas and British kit manufacturer Slazenger in Conjunction with local Welsh celebrity Mike has signed a long term kit and sponsorship deal. New kits will be coming in and this will give the team a huge moral boost

Last edited:
"Promotion position looking good for now and after the Darlington game the Railwaymen are brimming with confidence as they face Hereford at Gresty Road" - Crewe Chronicle

L2 CREWE vs HEREFORD (Alexandra Stadium) [5121]
2-0 Frédson, Mettomo
A game where the Railwaymen clearly dominated in. The fans and players looked confident from the start and it showed on the field. Even though we only filled half our stadium, the crowd were loud and singing their hearts out. Only negative from the game was our poor shooting. Zola, Moore and McManaman weren't on top form but the midfield and Mettomo's trademark headers created the win

L2 CREWE vs BOURNEMOUTH (Dean Court)
2-0 Donaldson, Moore
Winning seems to be in our blood now as we are on to a nice winning streak. The result was a great one again, but the actual game was quite bad. Strikers again showed disapointment as too many shots went wide and not near the opposition goals. Defence was top class today

JPT CREWE vs MORECAMBE (Christie Park)
2-3 McManaman, Moore
Winning streak is great, confidence is high and the local mascot, Gresty the Lion is on his way to his first away game. His advertising must have done a good job as out of the 1554, the Away stand looked way more full than Morecambe's stands. The game itself was shocking and the fact that is was a JPT knockout made it worse. We were expected to go through to the 1/4s but we were out 1st round! To minnows! fans didn't like it and poor Gresty binged on pies the whole day.

L2 CREWE vs MACCLESFIELD (Alexandra Stadium) [5325]
2-0 McManaman, Donaldson
After the shock exit we were brought straight into a derby game, Cheshire's finest teams Macclesfield and Crewe Alex. Expectations were high and when 70 minutes were over fans were getting worried but 2 late goals steered us to victory! Phew!

Last edited:
Winning Start

"East Cheshire is the place to be for great footballing entertainment, Crewe Alexandra on top of League 2"

L2 CREWE vs SHREWSBURY (Prostar Stadium)
3-3 Zola (2) , Mettomo
Shrewsbury are never going to be an easy team and they proved it at their home stadium. Good 5000 strong crowd came in. first half was a real bore. 1-1 after 45 mins. the second half is where everything and anything happened. Shrewsbury and Crewe were all out attack and goals went flying in. Calvin Zola had one of his best games of the season if not his career at Crewe. Defence was a worry this time around but Mettomo is what kept it going. 3-3 in a fantastic footballers match!

L2 CREWE vs ALDERSHOT (Alexandra Stadium) [6380]
2-0 McManaman, Zola
Railwaymen board of directors dubbed the "Crewe" together with the ever so popular Gresty the Lion organized a fan day. If you come in a new look Crewe home kit you get in for free.Not even the scorchering 29 degree weather dampened the spirits of the railwaymen fans!. The Club shop sold shirts out very quickly and a supportive 6380 crowd attended the game. Crewe seen as the expected winners lived up to the expectation grabbing 2 second half goals with the strike force playing their role how they should play it.

L2 CREWE vs ACCRINGTON (Crown Ground)
1-1 Mettomo
From 29 degree heat to 13 degree downpour the match was muddy and very very ill disciplined but the ref was obviously blind not awarding Crewe 2 clear penalties. Accrington scored early which clearly destroyed the flow of the Crewe side. It took a trademark Mettomo header in the dying minutes to equalized. Not a happy day.

L2 CREWE vs BURY (Alexandra Stadium) [4310]
2-1 Frédson, Mettomo
After the huge 6000 crowd the figures of 4310 fans attending definitely took a blow on the whole moral of the team. It showed on the field and the Crewe side were very nervous on the ball and couldn't capitalize on any opportunities. We only JUST managed a win in the dying minutes after a cracker of a shot from Frédson.

L2 CREWE vs ROTHERAM (Alexandra Stadium) [4314]
3-2 Mitea, Frédson, McManaman
Match of the week on Sky Sports and the whole of Europe and Britain had a chance to see what the top 2 teams in L2 get up to. We definitely set a high standard for the league and played some impressive football! It was a game with many attacking opportunities and great defending. A late McManaman goal settled it for the railwaymen. We are now back on top after losing it on that draw!

"Things looking up for the Alex and Cheshire might just be entering league 1 again. This is the season" - Sky Sports

Cool kits, don't know about the sponsor though, haha :D

Cool kits, don't know about the sponsor though, haha :D

Haha. It's something different and I don't want to be far fetched and say something International like say KFC as a sponsor or Nike as a kit sponsor. They are only a league 2 side....for now:)

I like the kits too, unbeaten in last 6 games, good effort!

Hey wezkat, nice posts i'll be following, i'm currentlyn doing one with hartlepool...

HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR OWN KIT?
I DOWNLOADED A KIT PACK AND ITS JUST RED SHIRTS OF EVERY BRAND BUT DIFFERENT DESINGS? ID LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO DO IT IF U DONT MIND GIVING ME SOME INSTRUCTIONS

Thanks all for following. I really appreciate. I hope that my team will carry on the momentum. It's an old team so thats my only worry! I will follow your Hartlepool story just give me a link

Good story I'll be following! I often managed my beloved Notts County at that level but have been starting much lower recently. Managin Odd Down in level 10, although I'm in level 9 now!
Good luck!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/...ive-jeff-something-to-shout-about-t29915.html

there you go man, could u please answer my question on my last post about the kits wezkat? much appreciated mate, cheers

Hi I got my kits from a kit request on fm base. The guy really does amazing kits. I already have next years kits for League 1 if I make it!

I'll follow your story on your level 9 team. Tried Congleton Town once, but got bored but these are usually interesting mate! Good luck for it

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/...ive-jeff-something-to-shout-about-t29915.html

there you go man, could u please answer my question on my last post about the kits wezkat? much appreciated mate, cheers

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f78/kevymatts-and-mikes-kit-requests-t29430/page14.html Link here...just request and make sure you have your Unique ID. He can do just about anything!

Thanks man! If Juho Makela is on your game I would reccomend him...not sure how good he is on FM 10 but he was an incredible striker for my county team on 09

cheers wezkat, how do you find out unique ID? and can u put these kits in the actual game? sorry for being a pain in the ***

Go to preferences, display & Sound- tick show unique id's

yes you can by extracting the downloaded file to sports interactive-graphics-kits

good laddd, nice to see another person doing a crewe alex story.
if i can, I would recommend getting an affiliate club, because I got man utd due to their proximity, and managed to get febian brandy on loan. he scored 44 goals in league 2, and 43 in league 1. he is pretty much the reason I got the alex back into the championship.
but anyway, doesnt look like you need much help, some solid signings in there.

good laddd, nice to see another person doing a crewe alex story.
if i can, I would recommend getting an affiliate club, because I got man utd due to their proximity, and managed to get febian brandy on loan. he scored 44 goals in league 2, and 43 in league 1. he is pretty much the reason I got the alex back into the championship.
but anyway, doesnt look like you need much help, some solid signings in there.

Hi. I did get an affiliate club, and they gave me Wigan. I tried loaning Brandy as well but they rejected my offer. Need a striker in place of Donaldson- he is playing rubbish!

As I said, look for Juho Makela...might not be on your game though. Wasn't on the first county game I started because he's gone back to Scandinavia. Used to play for Hearts