As I said, look for Juho Makela...might not be on your game though. Wasn't on the first county game I started because he's gone back to Scandinavia. Used to play for Hearts

Yeah Mate I searched for him and found no results:( Still need a striker with pace

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

"Feels good to be a Crewe fan- the envy of League 2" - Crewe Chronicle

Life at Crewe couldn't be easier at the moment. Sitting at the top of the table, Crewe's famous youth system working well too.

Back to more matches

L2 CREWE vs BRADFORD (Valley Parade)
3-1 Iriekpen, Elding, Zola
One of the bigger teams of league 2 is this weeks fixture. Some call it match of the week. It started early with Bradford getting an early lead but a second-half from heaven stunned the home faithful. Streak still going!

L2 CREWE vs NOTTS COUNTY (Meadow Lane)
1-3 Moore (Frédson)
Not a good match by any means. 1st our winning streak is shattered by a lackluster performance by the Railwaymen and then our ever-angry Frédson ,"Bull in the China shop", gets red carded and sent off! Day to forget. No pukka pies on the trip back to East Cheshire.

L2 CREWE vs PORT VALE (Alexandra Stadium) [5915]
2-3 McManaman, Zola
The loss hurt us...bad! Frédson "Bull in the China shop" spent his suspended day learning the mambo and Gresty the lion swore at a kid. Considering it was a rival game made it all the worse and had a few fans producing some offensive language after the game.

L2 CREWE vs CHELTENHAM (Whaddon Road)
1-6
[insert swearword here]

" And so the wheel turns to bad form however things are on the up for manager Wes Schroeder as Sheffield Wednesday offered him a job but due to his liking of Cheshire cats and Gresty's home-made pies and for the purposes of sticking to the story, he politely turned the offer down" - Crewe Chronicle

Iwelumo if he'll sign...got him for my Boh's team he's quality. Or Caleb Folan. Both can be got on frees at the end of the season

Since time is against me I have to sum up the months not each game as I don't have time to go game by game. Thanks

"Crewe are lying second on the log, the "Crew" seem to be happy with the performances of late and fans are joyed." - BBC Stoke

NOVEMBER

Not the greatest of months and not the best results. We are knocked out of the FA Cup and too many draws lost the momentum.

FA R3 CREWE ALEX vs MK DONS (stadium:mk)
0-3

L2 CREWE ALEX vs MORECAMBE (Alexandra Stadium) [3917]
2-1 Zola (2)

L2 CREWE ALEX vs NORTHAMPTON (Sixfields)
1-1 Mitea

L2 CREWE ALEX vs BURTON (Alexandra Stadium) [4123]
1-1 Walton

To conclude the month, it has been one of the worst of times at the Alexandra Stadium. Biggest problem is our strike-force. Donaldson really disappoints and McManaman and Zola are too wasteful. The "Crew" did not enjoy the 3-0 loss to MK Dons as they expected a 5th round! Unfortunately it proved that we are not quite ready for League 1 yet but by the end of the season im sure we will pick up.

BEST PLAYER NOVEMBER: Lucien Mettomo
WORST PLAYER NOVEMBER: Clayton Donaldson

DECEMBER

"November was a month to forget and and hopes of a good cup campaign has been shattered by the 3-0 loss, yet Crewe still seem as if a promotion position is an easy feat." - The Sentinel

It is a do or die month in a way. If we lose momentum and continue with draws we could lose our good position. This month must improve.

L2 CREWE vs CHESTERFIELD (Saltergate)
3-0 Mitea, Zola (2)

L2 CREWE ALEX vs LINCOLN (Alexandra Stadium) [4726]
1-0 Zola

L2 CREWE ALEX vs BARNET (Underhill)
2-2 Moore, Zola

L2 CREWE ALEX vs TORQUAY (Alexandra Stadium) [4656]
3-1 Donaldon (2)|), McManaman

L2 (Boxing Day) CREWE ALEX vs ROCHDALE (Alexandra Stadium) [4758]
2-1 Donaldson, Zola

L2 CREWE ALEX vs MACCLESFIELD (Moss Rose)
Cheshire Derby
2-2 Zola, McManaman

We caught up nicely and due to Rotherham and Notts County having a bad December, we had a healthy lead. I (the manager) was 2nd in the Manager Of the Month award and Byron Moore's strike against Barnet earned 2nd best goal of the month. Clayton Donaldson picked up from last month and found the back of the net again and so did McManaman. Zola, as always, found the net with ease. We won the prestigious Boxing day match but the Cheshire derby disappointed us a little bit. Our "Crewe Cubs" the U18 side were knocked out in the 4th round of the cup against Hull in penalties.

BEST PLAYER DECEMBER: Calvin Zola
WORST PLAYER DECEMBER: Christian Gyan

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:43 PM ----------

JANUARY

"The slip in form for Crewe Alexandra have left them trailing the ever strong Notts County, but are still well on the track for a promotion place" - Crewe Chronicle

The transfer season is finally open! Now is my chance to get rid of the less than great Clayton Donaldson. My transfers for the January season are as follows
IN
Liam Trotter: Free/exchange
Ryan McGivern: Loan
Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni: Loan

OUT
John Brayford: Free/exchange
Anthony Elding: Free

Nimely will replace Donaldson and Trotter and McGivern will fill in the left and right defence slots

L2 CREWE ALEX vs HEREFORD (Edgar Street)
3-1 Zola (2), McManaman

L2 CREWE ALEX vs GRIMSBY (Alexandra Stadium) [4605]
1-0 Trotter

L2 CREWE ALEX vs DAG & RED (Victoria Road)
0-1 Mitea

L2 CREWE ALEX vs DARLINGTON (Alexandra Stadium) [4154]
0-0

L2 CREWE ALEX vs BOURNEMOUTH (Alexandra Stadium) [4764]
2-1 McManaman, Donaldson

Thats January's fixtures. A mixed bag of results with a good start but the loss The Daggers messed us up and got our fine winger, Nicolae Mitea red carded. Im happy with my transfers so far. (The reason why Donaldson was still playing is because I got Nimely on the last day).

"Still second, but still a promotion spot. Crewe Alex fans look for the top spot in League 2" - BBC Stoke

PLAYER OF THE MONTH: Liam Trotter
UNDERPERFORMER: Frédson

FEBRUARY

"Now with the transfer Hype gone, it's back to the drawing board for managers as these last few results determine their future" - Sky Sports

Things are looking good on the field, but very very bad in the boardroom. Finances are at a loss and "The Crew" aren't too happy about it. Luckily my job is safe.

L2 CREWE ALEX vs ROCHDALE (Spotland)
2-3 Trotter, Zola

L2 CREWE ALEX vs BURTON (Pirreli Stadium)
2-1 Walton, McManaman

FRIENDLY CREWE ALEX vs KODAK (Alexandra Stadium) [1559]
8-0 Davies o.g, Walton (2), Mitea, Nimely (3), Zola

L2 CREWE ALEX vs NORTHAMPTON (Alexandra Stadium) [4850]
3-2 Nimely (3)

L2 CREWE ALEX vs CHESTERFIELD (Alexandra Stadium) [4356]
4-1 Mitea, Nimely, Zola, Walton

L2 CREWE ALEX vs LINCOLN (Sincil Bank)
1-1 Walton

A shaky start to the month but we recovered well. Alex Nimely is definitely banging in the goals. Zola has some good competition. Young 19 year old goalkeeper, Lars Stubhaug has represented his country at u21 level on 5 occasions. We are still in second place, 2 points behind leaders, Notts County.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH: Alex Nimely
UNDERPERFORMER: Christian Gyan

MARCH

Getting ever so close to the end of the season with everything to play for. Fans seem to be happy but our finances are not looking good. Which is weird because I spent the right amount in my transfer month.

L2 CREWE ALEX vs BARNET (Alexandra Stadium) [6384] Fan Day
3-3 Iriekpen (2), Zola

L2 CREWE ALEX vs TORQUAY (Plainmoor)
4-1 Nimely, McGivern, Trotter ^^)

L2 CREWE ALEX vs NOTTS COUNTY (Alexandra Stadium) [7600] Record
1-2 Frédson
Since this match was important im just going to brief on it. The match was started at a high tempo but it didn't work for us. They scored 2 first half goals and the momentum swung through to the second half. We scored a constellation goal. Gresty the Lion by mistake bit the magpie mascot thinking it was actually a pie.

L2 CREWE ALEX vs PORT VALE (Vale Park) Rival game
1-0 Zola

Brilliant results this month. Got second manager of the month. To be fair no particular player stood out but none of them really disappointed. Our u18's are flying high in 3rd place in their league. We are second still after loosing to Notts County.

APRIL

Last month with a full month of fixtures and if we are to fight for the top spot in League 2 then we must do well. We are 4 points behind the Magpies and if we win our first game of the month a playoff place is guaranteed.

L2 CREWE ALEX vs CHELTENHAM (Alexandra Stadium) [5398]
1-0 Walton
WE HAVE GUARANTEED A PLAYOFF SPOT!:)

L2 CREWE ALEX vs SHREWSBURY (Alexandra Stadium) [5796]
2-1 Zola (2)

L2 CREWE ALEX vs BURY (Gigg Lane)
1-1 Moore, McGivern

L2 CREWE ALEX vs ALDERSHOT (Recreation Ground)
1-1 Iriekpen

L2 CREWE ALEX vs ACCRINGTON (Alexandra Stadium) [5033]
4-1 Zola (2), Miller, Ryan o.g

The last full month has finished. the Heat is really on now. We are still second as Notts County lost the 2 that we drew and won the rest leaving them 2 point ahead. The pressure has finally hit and it's promotion fever around East Cheshire.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH: Calvin Zola
UNDERPERFORMER: Nicolae Mitea

MAY

The season has been waiting for the last two fixtures and the battle for 1st is on. Crewe Alex have been confirmed as promoters but not yet winners. Notts County on 91 points and us on 89.

L2 CREWE ALEX vs ROTHERHAM (3rd) (Don Valley Stadium)
4-0 Zola, Frédson (2), Nimely
A big match. We had to win this game or Notts county lose was our only hope. We faced a very strong Rotherham who were just behind us in 3rd. I have never seen Crewe play that well we were fluent in every aspect of the game and killed Rotherham.
(Notts County 2-1 Cheltenham)

Notts County 94
Crewe Alex 92
ONE GAME LEFT!

Chances of Crewe winning: Crewe win - Notts County lose.
Crewe win by 2 goals - Notts County draw

Here we go!

L2 CREWE ALEX vs BRADFORD (Alexandra Stadium) [10153] Record
L2 NOTTS COUNTY vs TORQUAY (Plainmoore)

Notts County 1- 1 Torquay(A)

Crewe Alex 3

...Bradford 1
WE ARE LEAGUE 2 WINNERS AND BACK IN LEAGUE 1!!!!!!!!!!

The Crewe scoreboard had 2 scores on at all times. The stadium was a sell out, it was PACKED. Crewe played like champs and we won as champs. This is it! Crewe Alex are 1st!

"Crewe Alex have quickly exited League 2 and look for bigger things in league 1 as Crewe are League 2 champions." - Crewe Chronicle.

1. CREWE ALEX 95 +43
2. NOTTS COUNTY 95 +42
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FRIENDLY CREWE ALEX vs ARSENAL (Alexandra Stadium) [9743]
0-4

Thats my 2009/2010 season finished. Thanks for viewing!^^)

I won manager of the month. Izzy Iriekpen - Team of the year, Player of the season
Winning 11
Stubhuag
McGivern Gyan Mettomo
Walton Fredson Trotter
Nimely Zola Mitea

Last edited:
Well it's been a while since I last posted. I am back with the Crewe and hopefully carry on!

We have been promoted to league 1!! And now this is where it gets dirty.

TRANSFERS 2010/11
IN
Dan Harding (Southhampton) 140K
Febian Brandy (Manchester United) Free
Chris Iwelumo Free
Martin Kelly (Liverpool) 525K
Danny Rose (Tottenaham) Loan
Alex Marrow (Blackburn) Loan

OUT
Lucien Mettomo (Southend) 200K
James Bailey (York) 28K
Patrick Ada (York) 20K
Calvin Zola (Cordoba) 140K

Some good signings overall. Sad to see Calvin Zola leave but in the current financial state, he was just too much to keep. Got some good young talent as well.

Expected Team of 2010/11
Stubhaug
Harding Mitchel-King(c) Iriekpen Kelly
Trotter Frédson Marrow Mitea
Iwelumo Brandy or Rose

Pre-Season Friendlies
Got some good competition in the friendlies with top class teams
Crewe 0 - 2 Doncaster ( H )
Crewe 2 - 1 GH Academy ( H )
Crewe 3 - 0 GZ Renbao ( A )
Crewe 2 - 1 QPR ( H )
Crewe 0 - 2 Wigan ( H )
Crewe 0 - 2 Stoke ( H ) Rivalry
Crewe 2 - 4 Bolton ( H )
Crewe 1 - 0 Burnley ( H )

Back to the league!

AUGUST

L1 CREWE ALEX vs SOUTHAMPTON (St Mary's)
4-4 Brandy (2), Iwelumo, Frédson
First game and it's a big one! Southampton are big guns. In a very exciting match our new signings came to play and we came back to Cheshire with a draw

League Cup 1st Rnd CREWE ALEX vs BLACKPOOL (Alexandra Stadium) [5319]
3-1 Kelly, Iwelumo (2)
Last time we were kicked out early but not this time! We ousted the championship team and made them look stupid! Crewe is on the up! Not a great home crowd though

L1 CREWE ALEX vs HARTLEPOOL (Victoria Road)
2-0 Iwelumo (2)

L1 CREWE ALEX vs Norwich (Alexandra Stadium) [7976]
1-3 Iwelumo
Good crowd, bad result. It's Norwich after all though...

League Cup 2nd Rnd CREWE ALEX vs WATFORD (Alexandra Stadium) [2593]
4-2 AET Trotter, Iwelumo, Iriekpen, Moore
What a game!!! it was 2-2 at 90 mins after Watford equalised. After extra time they looked drained. Our front row pace (Brandy, Mitea, Moore) was just too quick and we sealed them off. VERY BAD CROWD!!!!oO)

Rose is confirmed injured for 3 Months. Great

L1 CREWE ALEX vs ROTHERHAM (Alexandra Stadium) [8728] Why cant it always be like that?!?!
4-3 Mitea, Brandy, Moore, Iwelumo
We dumped last years promoted side^^)

JPT N 1st CREWE ALEX vs TRANMERE (Alexandra Stadium) [2730:':)':)'(]
3-0 Brandy (3)
2 words, FABIAN BRANDY!!!!

Thats the month of August and the first month of League one!

Positions are

We are sitting in 8th place. Better than the predicted 17th!

didnt i tell you mate?
febian brandy is the absolute ****.
in my formation, i basically sat deep, and had players in the middle play the ball up to him, and just let him do the rest.
he is magic.
keep this up, likin it.