Rangers Administration

Scotland doesnt have an auto spot now, just 2 qualifiying ones :( and with the qualifiers changing you face extremly good teams.

Hardly, we're only 10-15m in debt which quite a few other SPL clubs are nearish, granted we'd lose a **** load of money with no Rangers and the SPL would get worse, but it would be far from the end for Celtic

But it would be the end of Celtic as they are now....It would just put the Scottish leagues on a par with that of Wales if we went bust, and me and my Granddad were talking about this earlier, we reckon if it came to Rangers almost going to the wall, they would by another debt-ridden club like Kilmarnock,do a Fiorentina, and be back in a few years at the pinnacle of the Scottish game.:)

But it would be the end of Celtic as they are now....It would just put the Scottish leagues on a par with that of Wales if we went bust, and me and my Granddad were talking about this earlier, we reckon if it came to Rangers almost going to the wall, they would by another debt-ridden club like Kilmarnock,do a Fiorentina, and be back in a few years at the pinnacle of the Scottish game.:)

OFC the standard of the SPL and Celtic as a whole would drop due to the loss in finance and comptetion for Celtic. I dont see how it would put us on a par with Wales though, how many Welsh clubs have a fanbase the size of Celtic or infact 90% of SPL teams, is the Welsh league even professional?

Rangers if they did go bust would most likely reform Gretna style and come back extremly quickly due to the size of the fanbase

OFC the standard of the SPL and Celtic as a whole would drop due to the loss in finance and comptetion for Celtic. I dont see how it would put us on a par with Wales though, how many Welsh clubs have a fanbase the size of Celtic or infact 90% of SPL teams, is the Welsh league even professional?

Rangers if they did go bust would most likely reform Gretna style and come back extremly quickly due to the size of the fanbase

Well tbf there wasn't too many people at Parkhead towards the end of the season, was there ?:p

Ranger boss Walter Smith claimed on Saturday the bank was now effectively overseeing the club's spending and that all the players had been up for sale since January. Current majority shareholder Sir David Murray has declared his intention to sell his interest in the Light Blues, who are carrying debts of about £30million. A Scotland Office spokesman confirmed that Murphy has spoken to Lloyds. He said: "The Secretary of State for Scotland spoke to Lloyds Bank today about the importance of the bank's support for Rangers Football Club.

The Ellis takeover is, apparently (read it in a couple of papers), nearly a done deal. This would see Rangers debt eliminated and a 10 million kitty for Walter Smith.

Andrew Ellis' RFC holdings are in 'advanced talks' over a £33million deal to take control of Rangers.

It is believed that under any deal Murray would receive only £3.1 million for his majority shareholding from the consortium fronted by Ellis, the London-based property developer, and Chris Akers, the former Leeds United chairman. The consortium would then pay a cash sum of £20 million into Rangers’ bank account to slash their debts with Lloyds Banking Group, reducing the overdraft to around £8 million, and then invest £10 million into the club as working capital for new players and running costs between now and the end of the year.

Rangers are still under investigation by HMRC for previous payments made into employee offshore trusts, which would need any buyer to be given a warranty that any future tax bill would be picked up by the seller.

There is no chance that rangers will ever go down we are to good a club and just because lennon is spending like mad at celtic we won the league 2 in a row without signing a single player

With Celtic going out of the Champions League qualifying, Rangers have seen their debt go down by another £2.5 million or so - they'll be fine, no transfer spending for the last wee while and a much lower wage budget has seen the club return to profit. Good news for Scottish football as a whole IMO, without them many smaller SPL clubs would cease to exist.