StephenAFC

Reaction score
dsd.png

_66526924_mccoist_sns.jpg

Ally McCoist to leave Rangers
Rangers Football Club are saddened to announce the departure of manager Ally McCoist. McCoist had the
tough job of replacing Walter Smith and delivered Rangers to second in the SPL with a 10 point deduction
and was at the helm as the club were promoted to League 1. Assistant manager Kenny McDowall has also
resigned from his job. While the club search for the right replacement, we have placed scout Stephen Gibbs
in charge to oversee pre-season. We wish Ally and Kenny every success in the future.

Good to see what hopefully is the start to a good rangers story

dsd.png

975047-15936531-640-360.jpg

Rangers sign Diego de Girolamo
Rangers are delighted to announce the signing of promising Sheffield United youngster Diego de Girolamo, interim manager Stephen Gibbs had this to say on our new signing. "He's a talented lad with bags of potential, expect to see him in the first team. He's got the quality and I'm delighted we snapped him up." Under the terms of the club transfer embargo, Diego will be ineligible to play club football until the 3rd of September. We wish him the best during his time at the club.

dsd.png

Fraser-Aird-Elgin-2044066.jpg

Fraser Aird scores winner in epic thriller at the East End Park
Fraser Aird scored the winning goal in extra time in a League Cup match which saw both clubs leave with nine men.
Lewis MacLeod's red card in the 94th minute and Dunfermline's Kevin Stewart's red in the 87th minute as well as
both teams losing players to injury after using all three celebrations, tensions were high on the pitch. After the game,
interim manager Stephen Gibbs had this to say; "That was a hectic game! I didn't know what was going to happen after
Lewis went off, then we lost Andy Little to injury and we'd run out of substitutions, Fraser was magnificent, once he was
subbed on the game changed, he changed the game with an adrenaline rush. The players pulled it through and it was a team effort but huge credit to Fraser, good on him."

dsd.png

22040208.jpg

McCulloch double helps Rangers beat Hamilton
Rangers are through to the second round of the Challenge Cup as Lee McCulloch scored twice in a 4-3 victory over Hamilton.
McCulloch scored the first two goals in the twelfth and thirty-eighth minute to help Rangers go 1-0 up and then pull back to
2-2. Andy Little made it 3-2 in the 57th minute before Jon McShane completed his hat-trick for Hamilton in the 43rd minute to make it 3-3. In dramatic fashion, Lee Wallace scored a brace in the 91st minute to win the game and send 'Gers through to the second round. Interim manager Stephen Gibbs was ecstatic with the performance; "I'm delighted with the win today, it was dramatic with the last minute goal but Hamilton took it to the wire and played very well today. But I'm proud of my team for winning, Lee was on fire as per usual, Wallace and Little were both amazing today not just because of their goals. The entire team have a cohesion which makes me proud to be in charge for now." When asked about wanting the job full time, Gibbs was quick to put his name in the hat. "I'd like the job, yes. I didn't think so originally because I was happy working as a scout. I found de Girolamo and I chipped his name to Ally before he left and when they put me in charge I signed him for the team. During pre-season despite the loss to Leyton Orient, I loved it. Being in the dugout, the thrill and the not knowing what is going to happen excites me and I would love to get the job full time. If the board want me, I will happily take charge full time. If the fans want me, I'll take charge. I love it here."

Aird has been amazing for me in my journeyman save, just started my second season with them. you should be able to just sign free transfers as there are plenty of good ones at rangers level, take a look at Ryan Gauld, Cammy Smith and Johnny Russell.

dsd.png

View attachment 450056
Rangers appoint Stephen Gibbs as manager
Rangers are delighted to announce the appointment of Stephen Gibbs as club manager until the end of the season.
Gibbs has underseen Rangers progressing to the second round of both the Challenge and League Cup. His work ethic
and determination for success is why the board have selected him to take charge. Gibbs will be assisted by ex Ireland
international Mark Kelly. We wish the duo every success in charge.

Aird has been amazing for me in my journeyman save, just started my second season with them. you should be able to just sign free transfers as there are plenty of good ones at rangers level, take a look at Ryan Gauld, Cammy Smith and Johnny Russell.

I'm currently under a transfer embargo, Gauld has just joined the Mighty Arsenal but I will attempt to loan him in. I'm going to try and sign Cammy Smith because I've got a small amount of money on me and Johnny Russell for now at least is out of my price range. If I'm still managing Rangers when they inevitably return to the Premiership I will definitely go for the Scotsman, thanks for the advice :)

I'm currently under a transfer embargo, Gauld has just joined the Mighty Arsenal but I will attempt to loan him in. I'm going to try and sign Cammy Smith because I've got a small amount of money on me and Johnny Russell for now at least is out of my price range. If I'm still managing Rangers when they inevitably return to the Premiership I will definitely go for the Scotsman, thanks for the advice :)
Cammy Smith joined ****** Sunderland over me in my one but i am in 2018, Gauld was just released by Norwich and Johnny Russell was also on a free transfer but i didnt need him. good luck with bringing Rangers back to glory.

Cammy Smith joined ****** Sunderland over me in my one but i am in 2018, Gauld was just released by Norwich and Johnny Russell was also on a free transfer but i didnt need him. good luck with bringing Rangers back to glory.

Thanks ;), and good luck in the Champions League

dsd.png

178194-niall-mcginn-aberdeen-february-2013.jpg

McGinn sinks Rangers out of League Cup
Ex Celtic player Niall McGinn's 65th minute goal knocked Rangers out of the League Cup. A 2-1 victory for Aberdeen sends them into the third round with Rangers now eliminated. The game at Ibrox was slow paced with Lee McCulloch scoring in the 61st minute but Scott Vernon's opening goal was enough to defeat 'Gers. This is the first competitive defeat for Stephen Gibbs' side this season and Gibbs is not letting the defeat get to him. "We were poor, we deserved to lose but you have to be clear, they are a Premiership side. We have players with the Premiership quality but most of our team are youngsters and people have to remember that. We've got a game against Forfar in the league so now we move forward with one less set of fixtures to worry about. There's always next year."

Playing with Rangers in first season,wanted a challenge tbh but its like a sunday league game week in week out with them.
Enjoying the game play though much more realistic than playing in England,much harder.Hoping to get them back where they belong but hard with no money to spend so will do with the players ive got.Summary so far.

288rzer.jpg

2hi71ia.jpg

Playing with Rangers in first season,wanted a challenge tbh but its like a sunday league game week in week out with them.
Enjoying the game play though much more realistic than playing in England,much harder.Hoping to get them back where they belong but hard with no money to spend so will do with the players ive got.Summary so far.

Nice work so far

September & October
article-2377211-12B28F60000005DC-33_634x423.jpg

"I've played for some big clubs but Rangers is a proper football club." Graeme Souness

Scottish Challenge Cup
Z
3-4
9k=

RANGERS GOALSCORERS: Lee McCulloch (12, 38), Andy Little (57), Lee Wallace (90+1)

Brechincitylogo.gif
0-2
9k=

RANGERS GOALSCORERS: Charlie Telfer (42), Gerry McLauchlan (og 70)

1913.png
1-2
9k=

RANGERS GOALSCORERS: Diego De Girolamo (16, 65)

Scottish League Cup

images
0-1 AET
9k=

RANGERS GOALSCORER: Fraser Aird (103)

9k=
1-2
1908.png

RANGERS GOALSCORER: McCulloch (61)

Scottish League One

Rangers 4-1 Arbroath
Wallace, Little, Templeton, Shiels

Stenhousemuir 1-2 Rangers
McCulloch (x2)

Forfar 1-3 Rangers
McCulloch (x2), Hilson (og)

Rangers 8-0 East Fife
Perry, Templeton, Daly, Black, Mohsni (X4)

Airdrie 1-4 Rangers
De Girolamo, McKay, Little (X2)

Rangers 1-1 Dunfermline
Black

Brechin 0-1 Rangers
Hegarty

Player of the Month
9k=

Lee McCulloch
7 goals in 10, 1 assist and one man of the match with a 7.85 league rating

View attachment 449661

View attachment 449637
dsd.png

429668d1385841089t-rangers-football-club-reconstruction-dsd.png

Board confirm Sheffield United approach for Gibbs
Rangers can confirm Sheffield United have made a formal approach for manager Stephen Gibbs.
The club have given Stephen permission to speak to the club and he has the decision to accept
their offer or remain with us.

dsd.png

429668d1385841089t-rangers-football-club-reconstruction-dsd.png

Stephen Gibbs to remain as manager
Rangers are delighted to announce Stephen Gibbs has rejected the opportunity to manage Sheffield United.
He will remain in charge for now.

images

Returning to Rangers in January, Nacho Novo
October
Scottish League One
Rangers 2-1 Stranrear
Scorers: Nicky Law and Jon Daly

Ayr 1-1 Rangers
Scorer: Andy Little

Arbroath 0-2 Rangers
Scorers: Templeton, (Keddle og)

Scottish Challenge Cup Semi Final
Morton 1-2 Rangers
Scorers: Jon Daly and (Peciar og)
WERE IN THE FINAL!!

images

Player of the Month: Jon Daly

Last edited:
images

November and December - The End of an Era
Scottish Cup
Annan 1-2 Rangers (Jon Daly x2)
Ross County 2-0 Rangers

Challenge Cup Final
Rangers 4-0 Cowdenbeath - First trophy with Rangers (and last...)

League One
Rangers 4-1 Stenhousemuir (Lee McCulloch x2, Andy Little x2)
Rangers 2-0 Forfar (Chris Hegarty, Barrie McKay)
Rangers 3-1 Airdrie United (Andy Little, Jon Daly, Nicky Law)
East Fife 0-2 Rangers (Jon Daly, Nicky Law)
Dunfermline 0-2 Rangers (Jon Daly, Nicky Law) We end Dunfermlines hopes of invincibility

And that's it... Major announcement up next