Rangers go into Administration.

Love the intelligent debating going on guys... /sarcasm. Anyway, I'm probably going to be the first one to actually post about Rangers rather than Celtic. I know, I'm crazy!

I just wanna start by saying that I do feel sorry for Rangers fans. Anyway, Rangers spent years evading the tax man and doing a few of the old dodgy dealings under 'Sir' Murray.. But, he's not mug, he knew one day it would catch up with him and he'd have to sell. That day came five or six years ago [I CBA to check exactly when it was], the day he came to the conclusion that he'd had his fun and staying any longer would mean A) Have to actually pay back tax. **** no! B) The club will go into administration and people would start to realise that he and his board members are for want of a better word, ******. An equally grim scenario.

Surprisingly [ha], no genuine businessman was interested, it's crazy! I mean who wouldn't want to buy a club that had been operating 'illegally' for 20-odd years. That was of course, until, May 2011, IIRC, when "Scottish Billionaire" Craig Whyte came in to save the club from extinction.. Sorry, I mean; came in to strip the club of all assets and watch the club cease to exist. Not a surprise really, though, he's done it many times before. In fact, his business model for the last few company takeovers have been: Buy it > Strip & Sell > Leave. That's fine when you're doing it with a faceless company that very few people have an emotional connection to, but to Rangers FC? That, Sir, is pushing it.

Now, what we have to cope with for the next few days/ weeks/ months is Craig Whyte acting like the kid at school always forgetting his homework. "Oh.. The £24m from Ticketus? Well.. It was in my bag last night, Sir, my dog must have ate it.". That, coupled with the irony of Rangers not paying tax under his tenure is a Celtic fan's wet dream. I mean, he's a billionaire, right? He has the cash to save Rangers and provide that bloke from A Question of Sport with £25m to throw at everyone apart from HMRC of course. Hmm, but maybe I'm just being too pessimistic. Maybe, Craig Whyte is a lovely, genuine bloke who has accidentally misplaced £35-ish million pounds, maybe. Maybe it was his intention to keep Rangers running and give the manager all that cash he had at his disposal.. He probably just forgot. Although, I highly doubt it, mainly because I'm going with the assumption that he's an ***-hole. He even looks like your typical business-*******.

Anyway, to cut a long story short; what will happen to Rangers FC? I honestly don't know. I personally believe Whyte's initial plan was to rape the club of it's few assets and the eventual liquidation would hopefully be blamed on the previous regime and he would be seen as an innocent guy stuck in an unwinnable battle. That way he'd got to leave scot-free or perhaps he'd get the chance to start a Rangers new-co. Even better. Unfortunately for him he's been made to look like the bad guy and not Murray and has resorted to upholding his innocence in every interview. Oh yeah, and "hiding" in Monaco, probably checking his £24m is still there.

Good luck, Rangers, I don't think anybody really wants to see you go under, but the signs have been there from the start and nobody cared to do anything about it. As long as you're beating Celtic then all is peachy, eh?

Last edited:
Rangers need to find a buyer before the end of the week now or they won't be able to finish the season, due to talks with players regarding pay cuts collapsed.

Now doubt certain quarters of Celtic fans will be delighted about this. Especially winning the title in glorious style.....must be so ecstatic about winning it without any form of competition.

Also revealed that the Administrator has said there is no real prospect of the club playing European Football either.

Rangers need to find a buyer before the end of the week now or they won't be able to finish the season, due to talks with players regarding pay cuts collapsed.

Now doubt certain quarters of Celtic fans will be delighted about this. Especially winning the title in glorious style.....must be so ecstatic about winning it without any form of competition.

It's the players' fault. They are refusing to allow any redundancies by threatening to walk out but are also not willing to have their wages cut by the necessary amount for longer than three months..

Also, you can't take Celtic's league comeback away from them.. No need for such a stupid comment there, ajt.

It's the players' fault. They are refusing to allow any redundancies by threatening to walk out but are also not willing to have their wages cut by the necessary amount for longer than three months..

Also, you can't take Celtic's league comeback away from them.. No need for such a stupid comment there, ajt.

hardly a stupid comment, and don't see where he takes it away from them.

Wasn't referring to all Celtic fans tbf. There's Celtic fans here who don't want to see the club go as it would be bad for scottish football. Just having a dig at the ones who still think that Scottish Prem doesn't need Rangers. I too was surprised to hear that players refused to take a pay cut.

If it came across differently apologies.

Wasn't referring to all Celtic fans tbf. There's Celtic fans here who don't want to see the club go as it would be bad for scottish football. Just having a dig at the ones who still think that Scottish Prem doesn't need Rangers. I too was surprised to hear that players refused to take a pay cut.

If it came across differently apologies.

To be honest dont see what was wrong with what you said. didnt have a go at their comeback. And there is a section who are loving the fact rangers are dissappearing

To be honest dont see what was wrong with what you said. didnt have a go at their comeback. And there is a section who are loving the fact rangers are dissappearing

Not sure myself tbh lol.

All I see on twitter at times is some Celtic fans saying how a tremondous achievement it is. Which I totally disagree with. If this happened BEFORE the points deduction, then fair enough-they did pretty dam well to overturn the defecit. But when you have it pretty much handed to you on a plate because of ludicrous financial management, that has pretty much left the club in ruin with players leaving, and facing more redundancies, well I'd hardly call it a massive achievement. By all means it's great having a title so be happy about it-but at the same time, it's been gifted too because of severe mismanagement.

Maybe it's being seen as Celtic bashing-which it's pretty much not lol.

Not sure myself tbh lol.

All I see on twitter at times is some Celtic fans saying how a tremondous achievement it is. Which I totally disagree with. If this happened BEFORE the points deduction, then fair enough-they did pretty dam well to overturn the defecit. But when you have it pretty much handed to you on a plate because of ludicrous financial management, that has pretty much left the club in ruin with players leaving, and facing more redundancies, well I'd hardly call it a massive achievement. By all means it's great having a title so be happy about it-but at the same time, it's been gifted too because of severe mismanagement.

I don't think the point deduction should take away from how well Celtic have played this season, the winning streak broke Jock Stein's record and coming back from 15 points behind to being 11 points clear (without the point deduction) is pretty impressive, even if its a dreadful league (you can only play whats in front of you).

Not sure myself tbh lol.

My point is.. They made an amazing comeback in the league. Went on/ are on a record breaking run and that was all before administration. The league hasn't been handed to them on a plate either.

Administration has very little to do with how the league has turned out. And of course their are Celtic fans who think it's funny to see Rangers go bankrupt just like there would be Rangers fans who felt the same if it was the other way round.. Hardly a massive shock.

I don't think the point deduction should take away from how well Celtic have played this season, the winning streak broke Jock Stein's record and coming back from 15 points behind to being 11 points clear (without the point deduction) is pretty impressive, even if its a dreadful league (you can only play whats in front of you).

Celtics comeback was indeed fantastic. But the manner in which it will eventually will be won will tarnish that a bit. Which is a shame because its not Celtic's fault in the slightest.

That deal could go out the window now maxy, this is the kind of thing we talked about. Hope it doesnt, Scottish football could do with that massive shot in the arm

Celtics comeback was indeed fantastic. But the manner in which it will eventually will be won will tarnish that a bit. Which is a shame because its not Celtic's fault in the slightest.

That deal could go out the window now maxy, this is the kind of thing we talked about. Hope it doesnt, Scottish football could do with that massive shot in the arm

Sounds like Rangers have a buyer and the players agreed the wage cuts too. So TV deal could still be on. But Celtic have to improve in Europe if Scottish football isn't going to get worse.

Sounds like Rangers have a buyer and the players agreed the wage cuts too. So TV deal could still be on. But Celtic have to improve in Europe if Scottish football isn't going to get worse.

After the Sion carry on, I thought you carried yourself very well in a tough group. Teams used to fear playing Celtic away but you lost that when Barca beat you.

Anyway, looks as though McGregor and Naismith have taken the 75% cut.

BBC Sport - Rangers latest

After the Sion carry on, I thought you carried yourself very well in a tough group. Teams used to fear playing Celtic away but you lost that when Barca beat you.

Anyway, looks as though McGregor and Naismith have taken the 75% cut.

BBC Sport - Rangers latest

Yeah I was quite shocked that we almost beat Udinese away and 10 mins away from beating At. Madrid at home. Was that the Barcelona game where Larsson was playing for Barca and he tore us apart?

BBC Sport - Rangers' administrator says Craig Whyte will not profit from club

I didn't know Whyte would walk away with nothing, I was under the impression he was attempting to strip Rangers of its assets and attempt to steal the money.

Not sure myself tbh lol.

Completely disagree. We went from 15 points behind to 4 points clear from between the 5th November to the 28th December and Rangers still had their main team (apart from Naismith) during the majority of this time. We continued to open up a 10 point gap (if you include the deduction then a 20 point gap) so to say that it's not a tremendous achievement is wrong in my opinion. All of this was done BEFORE administration and anything to do with their finances started so the comeback had nothing to do with what was happening with them.

There has only been 2 players to leave due to them being in administration - Gregg Wylde and Mervan Celik. Other players that have left the club was before administration and were sold/loaned out so again this has had nothing to do with us making up a huge point difference as, like I said, we were 4 points clear before the turn of the year.

A 25 point turnaround within the space of 3 - 3 1/2 months is an amazing effort. 21 game unbeaten run in all Scottish competitions as well. If (when) we go on to win the title it will have been nothing short of an amazing turnaround and was NOT given to us as we still had to play the teams and compete and we still had to win the games to get to the top of the league. It was purely up to Rangers to keep up the performance of trying to compete but they weren't doing it and were getting beaten by the likes of Kilmarnock and Hearts and drawing with Aberdeen. They weren't bringing in the points by winning whereas we were.

We are on top of the league by merit, hardwork and getting the results that are and were needed. Not because of another team having problems.

As Aannddyy has said, saying the league title was won easily is ludicrous. Turning a fifteen-point deficit into a eleven point lead by the time Rangers went into administration is a terrific fightback, and administration or not, Celtic would be winning the league deservedly this season.

And while I am enjoying seeing Rangers' current financial plight, the logical part of me wants to see Rangers survive. A world without Old Firm derbies, titanic title races and seeing Rangers sign so many flops (Sebo, Emerson, Ortiz, Healy, Diouf, Pierre-Farfan and Capucho anyone?) is a world I don't want to live in.

My exact words: "They did pretty dam well to overturn the deficit".

I acknowledged that already.

My exact words: "They did pretty dam well to overturn the deficit".

I acknowledged that already.

Indeed, amazing how many people dont read what people post...

*grammar

Nice to see you haven't read the thread.

I don't even...

You know it's a party when it has ************* JELLY AND ICE CREAM
I agree with you, it's really hard to take him seriously when he is virtually illiterate/uneducated and refuses to see the most basic of logic (and flow diagrams!). Some of the people on this thread, though, are just failing to understand and accept the truth, people can be so ignorant!

Completely disagree. We went from 15 points behind to 4 points clear from between the 5th November to the 28th December and Rangers still had their main team (apart from Naismith) during the majority of this time. We continued to open up a 10 point gap (if you include the deduction then a 20 point gap) so to say that it's not a tremendous achievement is wrong in my opinion. All of this was done BEFORE administration and anything to do with their finances started so the comeback had nothing to do with what was happening with them.

There has only been 2 players to leave due to them being in administration - Gregg Wylde and Mervan Celik. Other players that have left the club was before administration and were sold/loaned out so again this has had nothing to do with us making up a huge point difference as, like I said, we were 4 points clear before the turn of the year.

A 25 point turnaround within the space of 3 - 3 1/2 months is an amazing effort. 21 game unbeaten run in all Scottish competitions as well. If (when) we go on to win the title it will have been nothing short of an amazing turnaround and was NOT given to us as we still had to play the teams and compete and we still had to win the games to get to the top of the league. It was purely up to Rangers to keep up the performance of trying to compete but they weren't doing it and were getting beaten by the likes of Kilmarnock and Hearts and drawing with Aberdeen. They weren't bringing in the points by winning whereas we were.

We are on top of the league by merit, hardwork and getting the results that are and were needed. Not because of another team having problems.
Yes, Celtic have done brilliantly to come back from behind in the title race, but no doubt Rangers' debt and financial troubles have helped! Rangers' team, in my opinion, is not as good as Celtic's on paper, and the Gers have not signed any big names in the last few years to change that. I do understand your point, though.

​- PZW

I agree with you, it's really hard to take him seriously when he is virtually illiterate/uneducated and refuses to see the most basic of logic (and flow diagrams!). Some of the people on this thread, though, are just failing to understand and accept the truth, people can be so ignorant!

Yes, Celtic have done brilliantly to come back from behind in the title race, but no doubt Rangers' debt and financial troubles have helped! Rangers' team, in my opinion, is not as good as Celtic's on paper, and the Gers have not signed any big names in the last few years to change that. I do understand your point, though.

​- PZW

Surely the same logic applies to every title rangers won in the 90's. Celtic were in nearly just as much trouble financially in the 90's as Rangers are now, until fergus mccann took over and saved the club. The Rangers fans don't see those titles as tainted or easily won. Even though they only won so many due to the massive help of: over spending, tax avoidance and paying players with undisclosed bank accounts which has now subsequently got them in this mess (and whats more it looks like all their titles since 1998 are being taken away from them)

Last edited: