Rangers go into Administration.

The guy who seems to know so much is saying the exact same thing I was earlier "The numerous detailed posts that you speak of are all hypothetical posts: and so therefore don't really matter do they since none of you can know whats going to happen in the future

And thats not what i meant by your delusions of grandeur its more that you slag off everyone else, and act like what your saying is golden- well you've inadvertently added to what i said earlier, and you said i was clueless :) Ha.

lolwut?

why would he lie lol

everyone who knows what theyre talking about knows we dont need them. a few spl clubs who rely on gate money might. thats it

Not saying he lied, but he spoke like a Celtic fan rather than as a businessman. Short term the club may survive but long term, and I don't mean 40 years from now, but an amount as low as 10 years, you'd be pretty ****** up.

I usually just download tactics off this site- but this discussion is hilarious- you really don't have a clue mate XD.

Read this from the start- Think the queen and country brigade on here are pretty upset that their club is going bust so they're deflecting it on celtic. Don't worry bears theres always the Orange walk! Oh wait, they're closing that down too... Haha.

Not saying he lied, but he spoke like a Celtic fan rather than as a businessman. Short term the club may survive but long term, and I don't mean 40 years from now, but an amount as low as 10 years, you'd be pretty ****** up.

No, he spoke as a businessman, have you even read what he said?

We do not need Rangers to survive, either you're on the windup or you are clueless.

Well, seeing that the old firm is worth £120 million to the Scottish economy, take Rangers out of the equation, the knock on effect on other clubs who need the money to keep going.

Ah sod it. Guess they're right when they say ignorance is bliss.

We do not need Rangers to survive, either you're on the windup or you are clueless.

Course you don't sweetie pie. xoxo

Oh, and everyone who made an argument for Celtic needing Rangers are from England and are neutral observers of Scotland, or Celtic fans. No Rangers fan even commented IIRC. So it's nothing to do with people upset their club is going bust, but keep telling yourself that if it helps justify your ignorance.

Course you don't sweetie pie. xoxo

Oh, and everyone who made an argument for Celtic needing Rangers are from England and are neutral observers of Scotland, or Celtic fans. No Rangers fan even commented IIRC. So it's nothing to do with people upset their club is going bust, but keep telling yourself that if it helps justify your ignorance.

Kris isn't a rangers fan? Theres been several people who are rangers fans commenting on this thread.

Kris isn't a rangers fan? Theres been several people who are rangers fans commenting on this thread.

He's a Hearts fan.

Can you actually make a valid point instead of deflecting constantly? Looking for a flaw in the person making the argument rather than the argument itself only reinforces the idea that you don't have a clue what you're talking about and are scared that we, just possibly, could be right. Even if a Rangers fan has posted, so what? Niall, a Celtic fan posted paragraphs that largely resonated with every other argument that has been made and more. Numerous people who are from England and support English teams and don't give a **** between Celtic or Rangers have posted, even if a Rangers fan has posted, he doesn't diminish the credibility of everyone else who has no vested interests or those who are arguing against their own interests.

He's a Hearts fan.

Can you actually make a valid point instead of deflecting constantly? Looking for a flaw in the person making the argument rather than the argument itself only reinforces the idea that you don't have a clue what you're talking about and are scared that we, just possibly, could be right. Even if a Rangers fan has posted, so what? Niall, a Celtic fan posted paragraphs that largely resonated with every other argument that has been made and more. Numerous people who are from England and support English teams and don't give a **** between Celtic or Rangers have posted, even if a Rangers fan has posted, he doesn't diminish the credibility of everyone else who has no vested interests or those who are arguing against their own interests.

Of course i can make a valid point. I would like Rangers to survive due to their being a new SPL tv contract worth a lot more money starting from next year around 80 million which could help boost scottish football as a whole, including the small clubs (although I know celtic and Rangers would get the large majority of it) -(as i said hours ago). I totally agree with Juventus1980's points about the big Italian clubs not going under- I think I said the same myself a couple of days ago, and can see this happening to Rangers, I think the powers that be will do everything in their power to help Rangers exist in one way or another.

However if Rangers do go under, then I would hope celtic would be able to prosper and grow like Lawell says, but could see this might be a problem. However we've got lots of great young talents coming through the ranks, and if the example of Aiden Mcgeady is anything to go by- selling one player like him can build a whole new team (as lennon has done with that money). We'd probbably become more of a selling club than we already are, but thats something that I'd be willing to accept if push came to shove.

I think we might have more of a chance to grow again if Rangers continue to exist- my opinion on this has only changed due to learning about the new TV deal though, before the benefits were not as substantial as now. That TV money would make a big difference to scottish football.

I think ex-Celtic player Paul Lambert summed it up. "Celtic doesn't need a strong Rangers-Scottish Football does".

The only clubs I feel sorry for are the other clubs in the SPL who rely on the money. They're the one's who are going to suffer. Like Kilmarnock, Inverness. But hey. As long as Celtic can win the title for the next 10 years with no competition, who cares right? Well I do. I lived in Scotland 8 years and loved watching Scottish football 85-93. It was enjoyable. Now it's ****-complete and utter **** tbh. I would prefer watching Irish football. Scottish football is like League 1 football right now which is an absolute shame-and it sums it up that even though Rangers have been docked 10 points they can still finish 2nd. And without Rangers it'll hit gutter level. I feel sorry for the proper football fans up there because I know they exist and they'll suffer. Local economies will suffer.

But as long as Celtic win more trophies. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
I usually just download tactics off this site- but this discussion is hilarious- you really don't have a clue mate XD.

Read this from the start- Think the queen and country brigade on here are pretty upset that their club is going bust so they're deflecting it on celtic. Don't worry bears theres always the Orange walk! Oh wait, they're closing that down too... Haha.

Yeah, you got me, I don't have a clue! I mean, aside from the direct implications of Rangers going bust, how could the potential collapse of scottish football possibly affect Celtic? No sir, there's no way Celtic need Rangers!

Denial won't get you guys too far.

Of course i can make a valid point. I would like Rangers to survive due to their being a new SPL tv contract worth a lot more money starting from next year around 80 million which could help boost scottish football as a whole, including the small clubs (although I know celtic and Rangers would get the large majority of it) -(as i said hours ago). I totally agree with Juventus1980's points about the big Italian clubs not going under- I think I said the same myself a couple of days ago, and can see this happening to Rangers, I think the powers that be will do everything in their power to help Rangers exist in one way or another.

However if Rangers do go under, then I would hope celtic would be able to prosper and grow like Lawell says, but could see this might be a problem. However we've got lots of great young talents coming through the ranks, and if the example of Aiden Mcgeady is anything to go by- selling one player like him can build a whole new team (as lennon has done with that money). We'd probbably become more of a selling club than we already are, but thats something that I'd be willing to accept if push came to shove.

I think we might have more of a chance to grow again if Rangers continue to exist- my opinion on this has only changed due to learning about the new TV deal though, before the benefits were not as substantial as now. That TV money would make a big difference to scottish football.

In other words:

You'd be damaged financially - what everyone said.
You'd have to sell your best talents - what everyone said.

No one said Rangers would get liquidated, just what would happen if they did, since so many of you Celtic fans remained convinced that you had no need of them, and some saying you'd be glad to see them gone.

Yeah, you got me, I don't have a clue! I mean, aside from the direct implications of Rangers going bust, how could the potential collapse of scottish football possibly affect Celtic? No sir, there's no way Celtic need Rangers!

Denial won't get you guys too far.

Oh shut up. You live in Argentina, and my inherent jingoism bordering on prejudice means that I am unable to accept the opinion of anyone who lives outside the suburbs of Glasgow on this subject.

So yeah. Go away. Or something.

Kris isn't a rangers fan?

I'd selfquote my post from a couple pages back but it wouldn't have the same effect anymore. Thus, I'll try being useful and posting a short guide to discovering who supports what!

1) Go to the first page.
2) Scroll down till you find a post by Kris.
3) Hover your mouse over the small shirt icon next to his name.
4) Ta-da!

I'd selfquote my post from a couple pages back but it wouldn't have the same effect anymore. Thus, I'll try being useful and posting a short guide to discovering who supports what!

1) Go to the first page.
2) Scroll down till you find a post by Kris.
3) Hover your mouse over the small shirt icon next to his name.
4) Ta-da!

He even says in his post that he's a Hearts fan. :p

Oh shut up. You live in Argentina, and my inherent jingoism bordering on prejudice means that I am unable to accept the opinion of anyone who lives outside the suburbs of Glasgow on this subject.

So yeah. Go away. Or something.

That's it, I'm hijacking a row boat and invading the Falklands. Consider yourselves warned.

He even says in his post that he's a Hearts fan. :p

Good point. I still hope he finds it useful for pretty much everyone else, otherwise I've just wasted 5 valuable minutes of my time.

Good point. I still hope he finds it useful for pretty much everyone else, otherwise I've just wasted 5 valuable minutes of my time.

I've wasted what felt a lifetime talking to ignorant mugs on this thread...........sigh.

I've wasted what felt a lifetime talking to ignorant mugs on this thread...........sigh.

In hindsight it does look a bit silly doesn't it? I believe my dogs already understood Rangers going bust is a bad thing.