Rangers in UEFA cup final

ajw

Reaction score
haha I know Greg isn't happy bout this, can't blame him being a Celtic
fan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7372080.stm

I'll say well done even though they've been very very defensive and rode their luck at times, Walter Smith and his team have done very well and its good to see them there. I hope they win it though Zenit have stuffed Leverkusen and Bayern en route, plus Advocaat is the manager so they won't be easy.

Christian Vieri is well past it, he would have put his chances away a few years ago. Apparently Viola had something like 30 shots :p

Didn't watch the game but well done to them, had a mate update me via text in the cinema!

Horrible game. Its hard not to bring up anti-football arguments but i can understand the difference in circumstances financially etc. However, apart from the top clubs in Italy the money is pretty comparable with Scotland. Russia is probably around the same unless they are bank rolled by Abrahimovic like CSKA is. Hopefully Rangers come out to play against Zenit (**** -******- Avocaat faces his old club) though i doubt it, as long as these tactics remain effective well you can't say much. Fiorentina themselves werent that great similar to other clubs before them; dominated possession, was in the rangers half for most the game, but didn't create clear cut chances just shots outside of the box. In truth Rangers probably had the better chances and should have really nicked it. Credit to Rangers who just defended so very well and so very organised.

thats it you cant expect them to go out and attack them away from home that would be nuts and they dont have the players or the money to bring in the quality to do that so i think it's an amazing achiement and the guy is still rebuilding from years of Mcleish ******* them up and then Paul Le Guen. Also what a performance from Carlos Cuellar

1 shot on target over the 2 games and extra time and they are in the final, raging ttm.

Meh who cares. I might watch a few mins of the final but that's it. Hopefully now though that two 'lesser' teams are in the final it makes it more open and attacking.

thats it you cant expect them to go out and attack them away from home that would be nuts and they dont have the players or the money to bring in the quality to do that so i think it's an amazing achiement and the guy is still rebuilding from years of Mcleish ******* them up and then Paul Le Guen. Also what a performance from Carlos Cuellar

Yeah i agree but Rangers didn't really attack at home and i know they had like 8 first teamers out but even in the games earlier they sat back and did the same. But as i said its the way they choose to play and they have made it to the final and credit has to be given to them. Carlos Cuellar is getting interest from English teams, Arsenal the latest, although Aussie Mark Milligan a defender is apparently set to sign for the gunners so maybe not.... havent seen a lot of him, only really in the uefa cup and in the firm games. Looks a solid defender but you have to say Smith has got the team very organised, and we saw how good defensively even with players out injured or players that left Hutton (eventhough his a very attacking full back).

my bad, was no shots in target in the first game, then either 1 (Davis's shot is the only one that springs to mind) possibly 2 shots on target in normal time in 2nd leg

they still won

im sure you wouldnt care if it was you, infact celtic used to play punt ups to hartson and sutton a few years back.

yeh but we scored.

(plus we had the sexyness of larsson and moravik plus petrovs lung busting runs into the box, agathes runs down the wing and jsut general alround sexyness)

:D!

Two pretty poor games, didn't expect Rangers to get through, but I'm happy they did. Hopefully we will win it, don't really see Zenit humping us even though they pumped Bayern.

Meeting big **** Advocaat again, and Ricksen aswell I think.

The game is the day of my last exam, so I'm gonna get piiiiiisssssssssseeeeeed and watch it.

Also, Cuellar played amazing and has been good every game, wouldn't be suprised if an english team went in for him. And Hemdani is ****. I hope to God he doesn't play in the final.

sly bit of vodka like last tiem?

I think you ought to be pleased Greg. Shows that Scottish football is going somewhere, contrary to what most think :)

Lol, a Celtic fan pleased Rangers got to a Euro final....no chance ever.

Scottish footballs *****, boring as **** epecially Rangers and even Celtic for large parts of the season

aye Rangers are that boring they have scored 2 less goals than you with 2 games in hand.

im not trottign out the usual (true) arguement that rangers are boring kris, im saying scottish football as a whole is laregly boring and lacking in any real quality

Yea your right it's very poor but we do not have the funds to make it any better