Rangers into liquidation before the season ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangers fans: Sing sectarian songs, sing racist songs, no catholic policy, fight the police wherever they go, have had fans banned from attending european games, sent bullets to irish catholics associated with celtic, have attacked celtic players etc etc

Celtic fans: Sing about the IRA, Have been given fan awards from uefa, welcomed back wherever they play, etc etc

just as bad as each other

For ***** sake all of you grow up. This thread is not about your effing religous beliefs. Start another thread about it and stop going off topic. This is about Rangers could be liquidated. Read the topic thread.

As much as I have read this thread, and find myself both agreeing and disagreeing in equal measure, it is NOT in the best interests of the SPL for Rangers to go under.

Why Craig Whyte was installed as the new owner of Rangers FC beggars belief.. The BBC documentary shows what he did, and yet SDM allowed him to go on with it?

But in saying that, you all seem to focus on this one idea that if Rangers did fold, then we wouldn't get the same quality in as we currently do. Sure, that is true, but what of all the young Scottish talent? Surely, they can then come through and flourish in teams.

More teams would have to become like Falkirk (and I'm sure many others). They have a policy of promoting youth players and selling them on. For example, in recent times, we have had Scott Arfield, Kallum Higginbotham and Murray Wallace all sold on.

Rangers fans: Sing sectarian songs, sing racist songs, no catholic policy, fight the police wherever they go, have had fans banned from attending european games, sent bullets to irish catholics associated with celtic, have attacked celtic players etc etc

Celtic fans: Sing about the IRA, Have been given fan awards from uefa, welcomed back wherever they play, etc etc

Yeah Celtic fans are as good as gold, It's always Rangers fans who are sectarian & Racists :S

Bigots hunted as Kyle motor trashed | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Maurice Edu, Kyle Bartley Racially Abused Via Twitter | Bleacher Report

It's about time all Celtic and Rangers fans all ****** grew up. We are not in the dark ages anymore. We have Celtic fans moaning about the hatred of Rangers fans and then vice versa. It is like my dad is bigger than your dad. Football is about football and not religious beliefs. Too many thick headed fans to see beyond that.

English fans are no better. Anton Ferdinand getting bullets sent to him. Liverpool and Man U fans sing about Hillsbrough and Munich. Italian's have Lazio/Roma fans threatening the players if they win again because it would favour the other team. Spain has problems with the mainland and Catalan. Turkey have Galatasary and Fererbache

it happens everywhere, it might not always be a religious issue but 'fans' will find something.

And they're always going to be there like a cancer sadly. That's all they are. Nothing more than that.

It's been said before, every club has a 'scum' element of their support and Celtic are no different. No professional should be threatened, attacked, have property vandalised or be abused online for doing their job and most fans know this. It's the actions of the majority of Celtic and Rangers fans which sets us apart.

As un-biased scottish football fan who doesn't support niether the old firm, personally feel scottish football would survive without Rangers and over time, adventually another team would start challenging Celtic for the league by the money they make by finishing 2nd, Qualifiying rounds in Europe and even domestic cup wins.

However, I wouldn't really "wish them into liquidation" - but would find it funny seeing the demoted to the third division, having to start all over again!

But, what do I think will happen? Nothing - I personally dont see them going into Liqudation or even Adminstration - someone will save them, adventually...even it is only a temporary save.

Rangers will still be around for at least another five years..

:D

Shut up.

Sectarian or not, Scottish football needs Rangers. As it was pointed out before here, SPL will lose all the sponsorship deals/investments if Rangers go under. I don't really understand your debate boys. Rangers aren't being punished by God for being d***heads, they might be liquidated cos their business model failed miserably. Proving that their fans are bigots isn't gonna tip the scales on the liquidation. Why would you even bother with the argument? Even the clubs in London have serious financial problems and theiur fans are supposed to be the best in the world... No correlation whatsoever

If they go under, it'll be of their own doing. I'm undecided, but leaning towards wanting them to stay up; I want them to go under because they cheated to win the league, but on the other hand, the rivalry, for better or worse, really is special. We lost our rivals in Oslo to liquidation, and it really has taken a dimension out of the league. Granted, the rivalry wasn't like what the Old Firm have, but the scenario is similar.

If they go under, it'll be of their own doing. I'm undecided, but leaning towards wanting them to stay up; I want them to go under because they cheated to win the league, but on the other hand, the rivalry, for better or worse, really is special. We lost our rivals in Oslo to liquidation, and it really has taken a dimension out of the league. Granted, the rivalry wasn't like what the Old Firm have, but the scenario is similar.

Best of all the posts, well said mate. Which team went under in Oslo?

Best of all the posts, well said mate. Which team went under in Oslo?

Lyn, but I don't know how much they actually were to blame, because there were a lot of really dodgy agents and deals with clubs such as Chelsea (Mikel) and Italians ones (Ighalo) where Lyn didn't get the money they were owed basically. They obviously lived way outside their means, but they went completely bankrupt.

Neil Lennon admits he would be 'quite happy' if Rangers' current financial plight hands SPL supremacy to Celtic.Rangers are in the middle of a high-profile £49m tax case with HMRC and face the possibility of administration or even liquidation if it goes against them.Fans are divided over how a weakened Rangers would leave competition for honours north of the border but Lennon has no such concerns.In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News, the Irishman said: "I'm not in the camp who believe the SPL, or Celtic, need a strong Rangers."I'd be quite happy if we were a lot stronger than Rangers."A lot of people think Celtic and Rangers need each other, well at the minute we don't."We're in a strong position financially with good young players coming through. But we've had to work hard and be patient for that."We are talking hypothetically as we don't know what the outcome is going to be."But the people who suffer the most as always are the supporters and I have a lot of sympathy for the Rangers fans with the situation being the way it is at the moment."

LOL, at Lennon, of course he would love Rangers to be 'weakened', it would make his job 99.9999% easier.

Which is why I hate religion with a passion. No place for it in sport. If people want to believe in that fair enough. But just damwell wish it was kept outside of football. It's just incredibly pathetic and absolutely pointless.

You hate religion because of a few people? That's a little bit hypocritical. (;

At the end of the day, this isn't really about religion, it's just an excuse.. Everyone else has moved on, it's just an excuse for "fans" to be hooligans, and it's wrong.

LOL, at Lennon, of course he would love Rangers to be 'weakened', it would make his job 99.9999% easier.

You hate religion because of a few people? That's a little bit hypocritical. (;

At the end of the day, this isn't really about religion, it's just an excuse.. Everyone else has moved on, it's just an excuse for "fans" to be hooligans, and it's wrong.

I've always disliked it to be honest-stopped believing in god when I was 7. it's pretty much a lame excuse for irresponsible actions by people, pretty much like you said when you said it was an excuse. Just creates too many divisions-including in families. Like I said though-if people want to believe in it that is up to them.

Now Santa-that's a different story ;)

Is that not a bit of a simplistic answer to the old firm problems? I've always thought it reflects the religious tensions of the west coast of sctoland and NI, and this sadly tarnishes both the clubs.

Is that not a bit of a simplistic answer to the old firm problems? I've always thought it reflects the religious tensions of the west coast of sctoland and NI, and this sadly tarnishes both the clubs.

It wasn't an answer to it. What I meant was, in football it's an excuse.. Religious conflicts will always be there, and the Catholic-protestant is obviously not the only place in which this happens, and, it probably isn't anywhere near the worst.

In football it is trivial things that are unnecessary, whether it be singing, vandalism, threats or abuse, it's pathetic, and this sort of hatred has no place in football anymore.

I just wish football would stop being a way for people to publicise their bigoted religious and political views.

Status
Not open for further replies.