Rangers - Season ticket holders make all the decisions!

AliForbes

Reaction score
Introduction

Hi Everyone! I'm really excited about this idea as I don't think it's been done for (think is the key word here).

I've chosen Rangers as the club for this story as I've supported them since the day I was born. I haven't played as them this year and I always leave them as my last save before the new FM comes out.

Rangers have won more league titles(54) and trebles(7) than any other club in the world. In the game they've just been promoted back to the top flight in Scottish football after a tiresome few years of climbing up the divisions.

Theme of Story

The Rangers board of directors have decided to give the fans what they want - literally!

All decisions will be made by the 50,000 season ticket holders. With the club aiming to become the dominant force in Scottish football and get back into Europe, the board feel this is too much responsiblity for them to handle with such an expectant fan base.

The supporters will act as a director of football - the first task they have is to be appoint the new manager that is going to bring their team to greatness. The board have narrowed this down to 5 candidates who all have ties with Rangers having been former players back in the glory days.

Voting Begins

Rangers season ticket holders will all have the chance to vote online for which candidate they want to be their new manager. The person with the most votes gets the job.

All candidates gave a brief summary of what requirements they'd have if successful.

Barry Ferguson

I'd look to play a good old fashioned 4-4-2 formation. I'll have a preference towards signings scottish players and bringing back former stars to the club.

Rino Gattuso

I'd look to play a 4-1-2-1-2 if given the job. I'll have a preference towards signing foreign players.

Brian Laudrup

I'm going to play a 4-2-3-1 formation. I'll bring one Danish player with me to the club on arrival. I'll look to get the best out of the young players we currently have in the academy and blood them into the first team.

Terry Butcher

I'm undecided on what formation I wish to play. This will all be determined by what players we sign. I'll favour signing english players. Won't promise instant success.

Mikel Arteta

Like Brian, I'll also look to play a 4-2-3-1. I'll bring one Spanish player with me on arrival. I'll look to bring players in on the cheap with the intention of selling them on in future for a higher value so make the club more profitable.

https://youtu.be/rqAHr3IXA5M

VOTING CLOSED

Rangers were today delighted to announce Brian Laudrup as their new manager. Brian has a wealth of experience in the game having played for the below clubs.

View attachment 89487

The votes were as follows :-

Brian Laudrup 60%
Mikel Arteta 25%
Barry Ferguson 10%
Rino Gattuso 5%
Terry Butcher 0%

View attachment 89471View attachment 89470

BEGINNING OF AN ERA

The time has come, Brian Laudrup is officially being announced as the new Rangers manager. He will attend his first press conference today which is being watched worldwide. Football fanatics from across the globe are watching on in anticipation as the Rangers fan experiment gets underway.

Interviewer :- Brian this is your first job in management, have you asked your brother Michael for advice?

Brian :- Yes. My brother and I share a similar football philosophy. For any UK football fans who watched Swansea during his time at the club from 2012-2014, you should expect this sort of beautiful football, only better! Michael has been the guinea pig.

Interviewer :- Do you feel that you're at a disadvantage not getting to make all the decisions?

Brian :- My job role here is more head coach that manager. I'm entirely responsible for the hiring of my coaching staff and the day to day training with the squad. My training sessions are available exclusively to season ticket holders for them to view online so they can track how players are progressing.

Interviewer :- So who picks the starting 11?

Brian :- It's the fans that pick the match day squad, based on what they see in training and player performances in previous matches. I have total confidence in the supporters as the only thing on their mind is to win!

Interviewer :- What about the transfer policy?

Brian :- One of the conditions I had when applying was that I was allowed to bring one Danish player with me to the club. This deal is close to being finalised and is entirely my decision. The rest of the transfers are out of my control, who needs a scouting network when you have a fan base worldwide! The fans will vote on who they want us to sign and the board will attempt to buy.

Interviewer :- What are your objectives for the season ahead and who sets them?

Brian :- My job is in the hands of the supports. They've set me the objective this season of achieving Euro Cup qualification. I feel this target is fair and has to be the goal at a club like Rangers, we need those european nights back.

Interviewer :- Can you stop Celtic achieving 10 in a row?

Brian :- This isn't a question, we absolutely cannot let Celtic win 10 titles in a row. I was part of the Rangers 9 in a row squad and I would never let our efforts be outdone by our greatest rivals.

MEET THE SQUAD

Goalkeepers

View attachment 89446 View attachment 89445
Wes Foderingham will be Rangers number 1 for the season ahead. A good solid keeper for this level, Jak will only ever play if Wes is injured or in poor form. Will not look to strengthen.

Defenders

View attachment 89444View attachment 89443View attachment 89442View attachment 89441View attachment 89439View attachment 89438View attachment 89437

Wallace and Tavernier are great attacking wingback and will be a big part of the way we play. Hodson is a good cover player as can play LB or RB. The centre of our defence is probably the weakest part of the team. Senderos is slow, Hill is even slower and Kiernan just isn't good enough the fans want rid of them all but nobody wants them so they may have to hang around as backups. Danny Wilson is the only centre back that can play a part in the Rangers Revolution.

The Midfield Trio

View attachment 89436View attachment 89435View attachment 89433View attachment 89431View attachment 89430View attachment 89429

We'll be playing with two CM and one in the CAM position. 6 players fighting it out for the 3 positions. Toral and Hyndman are both on loan deals until the end of the season and are better than any of the others. Kranjcar the veteran is a player the fans love - hopefully Laudrup can bring back the form he showed at Spurs. Halliday is average and will be sold at the earliest opportunity despite him being a Rangers fan, the supporters would rather see him in the stands. Jason Holt has good potential and will be given a chance to fight for his place.

Inside Forwards

View attachment 89428View attachment 89427View attachment 89425View attachment 89423

Barrie McKay is a great talent and media speculation is circling that he's all set to move to the English Championship with bids rumoured of around 2.5 million. The fans like Barrie and want to keep a hold of him. The fans want Windass to go out on loan for a year as they feel the step from english league two to scottish premiership is too steep. This would leave just O'Halloran and Forrester as the only other wide players.

Strikers

View attachment 89422View attachment 89421View attachment 89420View attachment 89418

Joe Garner is a new signing and one the fans weren't too happy with when signed by former management. The club will want to recoup part of what they spent on him and he'll be given a chance at Ibrox to earn a move elsewhere, can he prove the doubters wrong?

Martyn Waghorn is a good backup option to have, Kenny Miller is now 36 and whilst he won't feature much will be an excellent tutor for our younger players. Joe Dodoo is another player with potential and the fans don't know what to make of him just yet.

Last edited:
LAUDRUP GETS HIS MAN

View attachment 89382

Danish winger joins Rangers, sound familiar!?

When Brian took the job he explained that he'd be bringing along with him a Danish player. He's signed Mikkel Duelund on loan from FC Midtjylland with the option to buy for 2 million at the end of his loan deal. Mikkel is an exciting prospect and one that he's looking forward to unleashing into the Ibrox mayhem.

SUPPORTERS MAKE THEIR FIRST SIGNING

View attachment 89381

Liam Boyce comes in to the lead the line in Laudrup's target man role. He's a proven goalscorer at this level and the fans are confident he can make the step up to such a massive club. Boyce is a Northern Ireland international and recently scored his first goal for his country.​

Good luck mate, I'd honestly recommend using young Robbie McCrorie in goals alot, His potential is amazing, Also use Liam Burt in AMC! I always sign him for championship sides and he does class so should rock the SPL given the chance.

Also a Rangers fan but don't have a ST due to work but my 5 year old has one lol.

Good luck.

love the fact you've signed Liam Boyce lol he done class in my 1st season at Rangers, eventually I took them to a semi final in the CL smashing Chelsea then never escaped group stages the next season

SEASON BEGINS

We kick of our season in the Betfred Cup. For anyone unfamiliar with Scottish football at the start of the season you play each team in the group once and the winner qualifies and goes through to the next round of the cup. This competition involves teams from every division in Scotland.

We've used this as a sort of pre-season and chance to experiment with the starting 11 before the league campaign begins. I was really happy to win all 4 games and build up some momentum whilst the squad gets used to their new tactic.

Good luck mate, I'd honestly recommend using young Robbie McCrorie in goals alot, His potential is amazing, Also use Liam Burt in AMC! I always sign him for championship sides and he does class so should rock the SPL given the chance.

Also a Rangers fan but don't have a ST due to work but my 5 year old has one lol.

Good luck.

love the fact you've signed Liam Boyce lol he done class in my 1st season at Rangers, eventually I took them to a semi final in the CL smashing Chelsea then never escaped group stages the next season

Thanks for the support mate!

Burt and McCrorie are part of my long-term plan as well as Zak Rudden.

I've never used Boyce before but he looks really impressive for this level.

Thanks for the support mate!

Burt and McCrorie are part of my long-term plan as well as Zak Rudden.

I've never used Boyce before but he looks really impressive for this level.

He done class for me in the first season, over time obviously you need to improve and he will become less useful due to Europe! I ended up leaving for Chelsea and it ruined my save so I stopped playing regret leaving lol.

He done class for me in the first season, over time obviously you need to improve and he will become less useful due to Europe! I ended up leaving for Chelsea and it ruined my save so I stopped playing regret leaving lol.

Yeah. I don't like bringing in stop-gap signings but when you need to have instant success sometimes it can't be avoided.

After what's happened in real life, I'm determined to break Celtic's dominance as quick as possible.

Did you struggle to sell players? A lot of players I'd ideally like to get rid of but nobody wants them!

Yeah. I don't like bringing in stop-gap signings but when you need to have instant success sometimes it can't be avoided.

After what's happened in real life, I'm determined to break Celtic's dominance as quick as possible.

Did you struggle to sell players? A lot of players I'd ideally like to get rid of but nobody wants them!

yeah I got rid of Senderos, Basically my approach was get what you can to free up wages, Halliday went to Aberdeen and Holt ended up there eventually too.

Nice to see a Rangers story up and running, Rangers fan here as well. Like the idea of this mate, small suggestion for you.. Why don't you let a couple of us on here recommend a signing to you each window and we'll be acting DOF's/season ticket holders haha! Just a thought. Anyway, will definitely be reading!

Nice to see a Rangers story up and running, Rangers fan here as well. Like the idea of this mate, small suggestion for you.. Why don't you let a couple of us on here recommend a signing to you each window and we'll be acting DOF's/season ticket holders haha! Just a thought. Anyway, will definitely be reading!

Nice to see you following mate! That's a great idea. Since you made the suggestion I'll give you first pick, can you suggest a CB to sign? #nopressure

RANGERS ARE BACK

It was an emotional day at Ibrox as captain Lee Wallace lead his team out in their first Premiership game since returning to the top flight.

Rangers came out on top in an exciting 5-2 win and Laudrup was very impressed with his attacking players in particular. Conceding 2 goals at home is a concern and whilst the supporters are happy with the victory they see this as all the clarification they need that Rangers need to bring in a new centre back to partner Wilson.

New signing Mikkel Duelund was the hero scoring a hat trick on his domestic debut from the inside forward position!

View attachment 89346View attachment 89345View attachment 89344View attachment 89343

UNSTOPPABLE RANGERS

Rangers supporters are trying not to get too carried away with themselves as the club continue their 100% record. We've won our first 4 league games and just managed to scrape through in the cup on penalties!

View attachment 89286View attachment 89285

Next game up.... Celtic!

TRANSFER WINDOW SLAMS SHUT

View attachment 89284View attachment 89283View attachment 89282

As you can see above we made one more addition to the side.... Ryan Gauld on loan!

He looks really impressive and the fans made the request to the board on transfer deadline delay allowing them just enough time to squeeze the deal through.

Rangers did not get the centre back they wanted which is a big gamble but we weren't prepared to bring someone in just for the sake of it. Time for either Kiernan, Hill or Senderos to turn into the next Paulo Maldini :D

We also struggled to sell anyone despite attempts to offload Waghorn and O'Halloran

Ahhh sorry forgot to check for a reply here or I'd have suggested someone! With Gauld although he's down as a CM I reckon he's best play AMR as an inside forward due to his lightweight frame. Good start to the season and good luck V Celtic.