olavhp

Reaction score
attachment.php
Walter Smith re-signs!

Rangers-Walter-Smith-SPL-title_2310178.jpg
Walter Smith celebrating after winning the league

Walter Smith has quitted as Rangers manager after intensive talks with Rangers board. Rangers are like many other clubs feeling the financial crises and its believed that Walter did demand to much for the Rangers board to accept. The Rangers captain David Weir were as the rest of the team very sad. "Its a shame to lose a manager as Walter, we are going to miss him" was all the Rangers captain had to say. Walter Smith was also a sad man and shared some tears with the rangers fans. "I will just thank the fantastic fans and players for an experience I will never forget, I have had my best time of my life here on Ibrox and I wish Rangers good luck." was what Walter Smith had to say.

Last edited:

attachment.php

Dynamo Kiev bid for Bougherra

Hibernian-v-Rangers-Madjid-Bougherra-pa_1235553.jpg

Dynamo Kiev want's Bougherra

Dynamo Kiev have comed up with a bid on Madjid Bougherra. The bid is reported to be around € 2.1mill, but Paulsen want more for the Algerian defender. "Madjid is worth more then € 2.1mill, he is a good player and we want more for him"

Bougherra set to leave Ibrox Park

Bougherra_2395961.jpg

Madjid Bugherra want to join Dynamo Kiev
Ranger’s defender Madjid Bougherra is not happy with Paulsen who have made Dynamo Kiev withdraw their bid on Bougherra. Paulsen demanded € 5.75 mill and Kiev could not accept that. “I want to play for a bigger club and the manager knows that too, and Dynamo Kiev is a club I want to play for.”

Last edited:
Mate Danny Wilson is class you shouldn't have loaned him out he is good enough for the first team and your pre season was a bit bad tbh

Victory in Paulsen’s first match
Rangers 2-0 Falkirk
Mendes (21) Boyd (44)

Rangers won their first match of the season and in manager Paulsen’s first match. “It was a great result but a poor performance, we have to do better next match against Hearts”

Pedro+Mendes.jpeg

Mendes had a Terrific goal and got the man of the match award

The match started off with Falkirk’s Scott Arfield hitting the post. Falkirk were the best team on the pitch but after 21 minutes did Rangers get a free kick circa 30 meters away from goal, and then Pedro Mendes shot one of the best free kicks I ever seen, right in the top corner and Rangers are leading 1-0. Right before break Rangers Counter and Smith runs up the side and cross the ball against Kris Boyd who scores with the head. In the second half Falkirk is the best team but struggle to get to the chances and didn’t get any closer.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

the coloraine match did i win 6-1 not lose 6-1, i just wrote wronge

attachment.php

Hearts manage a draw against Rangers

Hearts 1-1 Rangers

Kris Boyd (72)

Rangers was before the match predicted to win it but Hearts were working hard and manage a draw. It was a match with few chances but after 25 minutes Hearts Eggert Jonsson managed to score from short range, Rangers had many chances but did manage to score before the 72 minute. Then Kris Boyd equalized with a powerful effort. "We were predicted the win and its a reason for that to, normally we are a better team then Hearts but we were not working good before the end of the match and then its to late. Hearts did work good, but I expect that we improve next match" was what Paulsen had to say.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Rangers handed tough grupe

Rangers, were seeded 2nd, but got a very tough grupe with Manchester United, Bestiktas and Wolfsburg.

0,,5~6924222,00.jpg

"Its a very tough grupe but i am happy with it, I look forward to meet Manchester United, Bestiktas and Wolfsburg.

Manchester United are of course the hardest nut here, and its a reason why the are 1st seeded. United is a club with much history and have won CL before and have routine. But it is of course fun to meet teams like Manchester United.

Bestiktas and Wolfsburg are two respective team, but I think we can get at least 10 points from this group and capture the 2nd place, the 1st place will United take."

Rangers will also meet Dumbarton in the Scotthis league cups 3th round.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

attachment.php

Rangers with easy win

Rangers 3-0 Hamilton
Steven Naismith (9), Madjid Bougherra (50), Steven Whittaker (57)

Rangers-celeb-Steven-Whittaker-v-Hamilton_1973530.jpg

Steven Whittaker celebrates his goal with Mendes and Papac

Rangers enjoyed almost total domination today's match against Hamilton.
I didn't take long time for Rangers to go up in the lead and Kris Boyd play a beautiful pass throw Hamilton's defense and to Steven Naismith who had a easy job to score. After 50 minutes did Rangers get a corner and Mendes played the ball 5 meters away from the first post and to Madjid Bougherra who were unmarked, just had to turn and shot, and he scored easily. Just 7 minutes later did full back Steven Whittaker complete the score with a powerful effort.

"I think we play a good match and that we deserve this scoreline, we worked good today and am happy with my squad"

Last edited:
Great start.
Shouldnt of sold Bougherra! :D
And Wilson your cover for him as gone on loan?! :O

attachment.php

Lee McCulloch out for 2 months

article-1029879-029AFEF1000004B0-7_468x315.jpg

Rangers mithfielder Lee McCulloch will be out for 2 months, he had to be subtituded last match after a accsidental collsion. "I got some fracturd ribs and will be out of play for some time" was what McCulloch had to say

attachment.php

Late goal save Gers!

Motherwell 1-1 Rangers
Kenny Miller (87)

BoydMiller_1587438.jpg

Kenny Miller's late goal saved Rangers

Rangers were held to a draw today at Fir Park against Motherwell

"I am of course disappointed that we don't win because I mean that we are the best team on the pitch today. But we were unlucky with a early goal against us, but we must score on our chances." was what the Rangers boss had to say.

Rangers did start best, but after 12 minutes did Motherwell's Steve Jenning score after a powerful effort. Rangers did create some chances but didn't manage to score before the 87 minute when Kenny Miller got played throw and scored a placed shot from close range

attachment.php

Rangers ready to take on Bestiktas

_45140612_david_weir_512.jpg

Rangers are ready to welcome Bestiktas to Ibrox Park.
"We feel ready to take on Bestiktas" was what Rangers captain David Weir had to say. "We feel comfortable about this game and I think we have a good chance to win it."

Last edited:

attachment.php

Besiktas hold out for draw

Rangers 0-0 Besiktas
article-0-024E581600000578-801_306x470.jpg

After todays draw at Ibrox against Rangers, did serval Besiktas players claim that they and there team mates were lucky who didnt lose against Rangers.

Rangers were Clearly the best team but dident manage to score.
"We cant win matches when we dont score and today we dident manage to do that, but all over i think its a OK result against a good team"

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:26 PM ----------

attachment.php

Gers win as Kilmarnock sees red

Kilmarnock 0-1 Rangers
Kenny Miller (59)

Rangers-v-Hamilton-Kenny-Miller-celeb_1587934.jpg

Kenny Miller scored the only goal when Rangers beat Kilmarnock

Rangers produced a good display this afternoon to see of the challenge against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park.
The match dident start well for Kilmarnock, for after 16 minutes did Kilmarnock winger Gavin Skelton see red after a vicious foul. Rangers finally took the lead when striker Kenny Miller scored a close range efford on the 59 minute.

"We played a good match, but I who'd had preferred another goal. But we win the match and I am happy every time we win" Paulsen were happy with the win, but he had preferred one more goal

Last edited:
attachment.php

Gers Ready for next round

Rangers 1-0 Dumbarton
John Fleck (88)

article-1138400-0340FF7E000005DC-692_468x401.jpg

Because Dumbarton were the best team and worked good, but Rangers were to good for them.

It took Rangers long time to score and with the game nearing an end, it was the youngster John Fleck who scored with a good header from just inside the six-yard box to give Rangers the lead on the 88 minute.

"We have to play better against a team like Dumbarton, but we win and that's the most important

Last edited:
attachment.php

Gers out plays Aberdeen

Rangers 1-0 Aberdeen
Kris Boyd (5)

Rangers_Kris_Boyd.jpg

Kris Boyd scored the only goal against Aberdeen

Rangers showed there superiority against Aberdeen at Ibrox Park today, but they could and should have scored more.

Striker Kris Boyd gave Rangers the lead after an powerful effort just outside the area. Gers created many chances but they didn't manage to score.

"We played a good performance and created many chances but we must score on those chances"

Last edited: