• Thread starter Thread starter D93J
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 14K

D93J

Reaction score
View attachment 312347

RANGERS MOVE TO THE CONFERENCE
After months of speculation where Rangers would be playing, in a reformed Scottish set up they could not vote for or the dream of English football, Chief Executive Charles Green has negotiated a move south of the border to the Blue Square Bet Premier League. The move came after a battle with the FA, but Rangers won this case under EU competition laws. Contrary to what most feared, UEFA did not oppose the move, neither did the SFA.

It's what the majority of the loyal Rangers fans wanted - a chance to escape from the backwater leagues into oppertunity. English football could launch the rising of the club like nothing else in Scotland ever could. A Journey to the premiership making new friends and ditching old enemies. The promise of premier league money could bring European domination our way.

In our 140th year of our illustrious history, there coud never be a better time. The world's most succesful football club can have the word at it's feet again.

A NEW BEGINNING - A NEW MANAGER
Rangers legend, all time leading goalscorer and quite possibly the man who saved Rangers from the brink in their time of need - Aly McCoist moves on and will now take the role of club ambassador.

View attachment 312366

View attachment 312392

This role was initially intended for the new man in the dugout... Rangers legend Brian Laudrup. He takes over with a phillosiphy that will ensure Rangers never experience the ills of their past. Laudrup will implement a self sufficient youth system, and will not sign his own players but moud them himself.

Laudrup, more affectionately known to Rangers fans as GOD, will be the man trusted with Rangers rise.One of the greatest players to ever grace the game will be aiming to emulate his brother as a manager, something he didn't quite do as a player.

INFORMATION & FACILITIES
In the editor I eventually managed to get the base nation to set as Scotland. The majority of my youth intake will therefore be Scottish. It keeps the game realistic.

View attachment 312367

The facilities are excellent for this level. Our youth intake shoud be very wealthy with talent and we should be able to nurture those youth players properly.

Ibrox having 50,000 capacity will bring in good money every season.

View attachment 312368

TEAM & TACTICS
I aim to start as I mean to go on - the best young players at the club will be favoured in order to speed up their progress and potentially sell on in future.

I'll focus on a more attacking, up tempo and fluid stye of play. A lack of talented young strikers may be a problem, hence the 4-2-3-1.

View attachment 312369

View attachment 312370

LEAGUE & COMPETITION
I won't assume for a second this league will be easy. The Conference is roughy on a par with the Scottish First Division with regards to talent, so we are taking two steps forward from the Third Division already. That won't be easy with my plans in using the youth team players from the first game.

View attachment 312371

I can't wait for this save. It'll be something I'll love. Hopefuly I do not have the problems I had wiith my previous two stories. My laptop died on my Uerdingen 5th tier of Germany save and my save died on me for Newport Isle of Wight 9th tier of England save.

Hope you enjoy, any feedback is welcome

View attachment 312379

We Are The People

Last edited:
View attachment 312404

PRE-SEASON UNDERWAY
Pre-season was somewhat a mixed bag, however, succesful in my opinion.

Rennes were dominated from first minute to last. Sadly, we blew a 2-0 ead in the last 5 minutes. Not bad considering the quality of opposition.

Burnley was a bit of a joke. Again, absolute domination. 22 shots at goal, yet Burnley score twice to win with only three shots.

Rochdale was a fairly routine win. Dominating these pre-season matches seemed very promising.

A fine win against Institute. You play these games in pre season as a morale booster and a 5-1 win certainly did just that.

At one point in the game against Sociedad we held a 2-0 lead. Very disappointing to throw a lead away again but losing to a La Liga side isn't much to be ashamed about.

View attachment 312406

SEASON TICKET SALES
Impressive as ever from the Rangers support.

View attachment 312407

TRANSFERS 2012/2013
I did my best to offload high earning, ageing players. They aren't needed at this level. They're beyond good enough but it's all about deveoping for the future right now.

View attachment 312408

STAFF TRANSFERS 2012/2013
A good intake with a good three or four players with international caps for their respective countries. A relatively young inatake too.

View attachment 312409

RECORD BSP ATTENDANCE
Another superb show of support.

View attachment 312410

10 GAMES IN...
Not a bad start, but I did expect better. However, with a young team flung together and learning new tactics it was understandable. Dominating games but serious injury problems and a flood of disallowed goals did not help.

View attachment 312411

TOP OF THE TABLE
Despite the shaky start, we're sitting top after 10 games.

View attachment 312412

Last edited:
View attachment 312423

20 GAMES IN...
We began to falter. Due to the recent update the injury problems are horrendous! This was a painful time and it didn't seem like ending.

View attachment 312424

Third and 5 points behind simply is not good enough.

View attachment 312428

TRAINING & YOUTH FACILITIES
Some positive news - expensive but worth while upgrades that will enable me to nurture players into the best they can be. Next step, yout recruitment upgrades.

View attachment 312430
£6.5m upgrades in total. Hopefully not a massive dent in our finances.
View attachment 312429

Last edited:
Great news regarding the upgrades, think you'll ease the league once you start getting some of your injured players back. Looking forward to your first youth intake, any stand out players from your season so far?

The upgrades are a great start. Usually if you don't get them with Rangers within the first two seasons they degrade with 'technology advancing'. Players will hit their peak easier now, speeding up my progress which is great.

The updates are coming fast because I've completed this season already - I wanted to wait and make sure the youth intake was mostly Scottish to keep it realistic to hold my interest, and as I'll never sign a player and only use youth intake as a source for playing staff, plus I wanted to make sure I finished a season after my computer let me down twice before :D

Lee Wallace is my anchor. As my best player, he's aso my captain. He's Premiership standard.
David Templeton is creating everything. His pace is just too much for these lower eague players.
Barrie McKay has also been superb as an inside forward on the left.
Seb Faure, Chris Hegarty, Kyle Hutton and Kane Hemmings also have impressed while MacLeod, Urquhart, Aird and Gallagher have improved and are progressing well at this stage. By 20 games the injuries were so bad I barely had any first team players though.

I'll not spoil it and tell you much though ;)

Next update soon!

View attachment 312439
FA CUP FIXTURES & RESULTS
Not the best run. Beating Sheffield United and Notts County the positive points.

View attachment 312440

FIXTURES & RESULTS - GAMES 21-34
Much, much better and I'm happy with that considering the severe injury problems have pretty much faded.

View attachment 312441

View attachment 312442

LEAGUE TABLE
It's great to be top again. Drawing so many games is a mix between the injury crisis and a shocing amount of disallowed goals, amost one a game at the moment!

View attachment 312443

YOUTH INTAKE 2012/2013
I'm amazed. This was a superb taking with a few amazing talents. Two of which will go straight into my team.

View attachment 312444

PETER STEVENSON
This lad is outstanding and will only get better. He is best as a deep lying forward or out wide.I'm very pleased as we needed a striker.

View attachment 312445

RYAN BRUCE
WOW! What else can I say? Nearly one of the best players in my team and he's ony just in the door!

View attachment 312446

JORDAN KINNIBURGH
A decent young player as he is - may retrain him into an attacking midfielder of some sort. Finishing attributes aren't great but there is plenty time for him to improve.

View attachment 312447

DOUGIE RAJOVIC
Ah, Rajovic, the famous old Scots surname... He isn't even dual nationality. Bizarre. A good reccomendation from our coaches. He looks okay.

View attachment 312448

There are a few more decent young players with potential. I'll update their progress next season

DEBUT'S FOR STEVENSON & BRUCE
A great debut for Stevenson in the first team.

View attachment 312449

FA TROPHY WIN
I'm glad I bagged a cup win in my first season. An easy run to the cup final compared to other parts of our season.

View attachment 312450

90,000 ATTEND FA TROPHY FINAL
Wembley was packed out by the Bears. Surely the FA Trophy wil never hold such an audience again?

View attachment 312451

View attachment 312452

Thats a wicked good youth intake mate! So jealous! Good story so far - I'll be following!

Do you think your good enough to get to the prem at the first time of asking? Back to backs off just youth would be epic.

Hi mate

Loving this story already. Been doing a Rangers save myself and had 2 back to back promotions but got a bit bored. Would love to start in the conference like you. Can you post an idiots guide of how it's done as I'd likely knacker the whole game settings up.

Thats a wicked good youth intake mate! So jealous! Good story so far - I'll be following!

It was much better than I expected as I rarely ever get good youth intake with Rangers. Considering how good the youth recruitment system already is its about time! Thanks for following.

Do you think your good enough to get to the prem at the first time of asking? Back to backs off just youth would be epic.

I reckon so if I keep a hold of my players and they keep progressing.

The youth players I started with have already progressed well. Stuart Urquhart is turning into a great midfielder while Lewis MacLeod is a decent centre mid. Barrie McKay and Fraser Aird have developed massively and are a great source of goals. Kane Hemmings and Callum Gallagher chipped in a fair amount of goals each too.

My youth intake was great and if I get another couple of that standard we will have a superb squad to build on.

Hi mate

Loving this story already. Been doing a Rangers save myself and had 2 back to back promotions but got a bit bored. Would love to start in the conference like you. Can you post an idiots guide of how it's done as I'd likely knacker the whole game settings up.

It didn't work first time for me, but no idea why.

It is quite simple believe it or not!

If you look at Swansea for example:
Nation set as - England
Based Nation set as - Wales
Continental Nation - England

In this instance you just change the 'Nation' and 'Continental Nation' from Scotland to England but make sure 'Based Nation' is set as Scotland.

Remove a club from the Conference without actually swapping the teams because I'm sure this is what caused me problems.

To keep the Scottish leagues available - which is useful for your youth intake - add a non league team to the Scottish Third Division in Rangers' place. i.e Forres Mechanics. Then, add a club to the Highland league (the non league that Forres would've came from). I just chucked an ametuer team like Insch in there because they were in an ametuer group and are from the highlands.

With this in place, it should work fine. This caused no problems for me at all. My youth intake was all Scottish and mostly from Glasgow. Having this means it's more realistic and keeps your interest in the game up.

Good luck with it. Any problems and I'll try to help. Thanks for following.

View attachment 312800

PLAYOFFS
Sad to see that we coud not gain automatic promotion by winning the league, but our inury crisis combined with a stream of disallowed goals in almost every game, all things considered, it's not too bad with a youth team.

LUTON - SEMI-FINAL'S
The first leg won at a canter, and it should've been much more

View attachment 312801

SECOND LEG
A good win to round off the semi's with an 8-3 aggregate win.

View attachment 312802

PLAY OFF FINAL
This game was far too close for my liking... a poor performance, but winning games when we're not at our best is a must if we want to progress.

Another great attendance.

View attachment 312803

View attachment 312804

PROMOTION
It has been a long hard season ful of misfortune, but we did it!

View attachment 312805

BSP FIXTURES & RESUTS 2012/2013

View attachment 312806
View attachment 312807

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
A ridiculous amount of draws, but so many goals scored yet we somehow didn't win the league. It's beyond me, but nonetheless, we won promotion even if we did it the hard way.

View attachment 312808

FINAL SEASON PLAYER STATS

View attachment 312809

FINAL SEASON CLUB STATS
So many goals, but it could've been so much better.

A wonderfu show of support from the fans too. The lifeblood of the club did not falter.

View attachment 312810

BSP PLAYER OF THE YEAR
A deserved achievement for Temps. He was sensational. He'll be with us all the way up to the premiership I hope.

View attachment 312811

5 YEAR DEAL FOR BRIAN LAUDRUP
Glad to secure my future as Rangers manager despite the final league position.

View attachment 312812

LEAGUE 2 AWAITS...
Part two of our ourney.

It'llbe a massive challenge but one we welcome. I reckon my squad might just surprise a few.

View attachment 312813

FIRST TEAM KEY PLAYERS 2012/13

GK Scott Gallacher
View attachment 312838

RB Chris Hegarty
View attachment 312839

CB Sebastien Faure
View attachment 312840

CB Stuart Urquhart
View attachment 312841

LB Lee Wallace (c)
View attachment 312842

CM Lewis MacLeod
View attachment 312843

CM Kyle Hutton
View attachment 312844

RAM Ryan Bruce
View attachment 312845

LAM David Templeton
View attachment 312858

ST Kane Hemmings
View attachment 312846

ST Peter Stevenson
View attachment 312848

CB Luca Gasparotto
View attachment 312847

RAM Fraser Aird
View attachment 312849

LAM Barrie McKay
View attachment 312850

ST Calum Gallagher
View attachment 312851

CAM Darren Ramsey
View attachment 312852

RB Kyle McAusland
View attachment 312854

RB/LB Darren Cole
View attachment 312853

Barrie McKay upfront as a Poacher, trust me you won't regret it he's such a beast!

McKay has worked better as an attacking midfielder for me. With Peter Stevenson from my youth intake as well as Hemmings and Gallagher I'm now well covered up front with Andy Little as back up.

Update coming tonight ;)

Some spectacular pre-season results against top European teams.

View attachment 314628
PRE-SEASON 2013/14
A Wonderfu pre-season with some amazing results! This certainly gave me great hope for the new season.

View attachment 314629

JUNIOR COACHING BUDGET INCREASED
Another Positive step in achieving the perfect set up to nurture our own players.

View attachment 314630

SEASON TICKET SALES
Another spectacular figure of season ticket sales bringing even more money into the club.

View attachment 314631

FACILITY IMPROVEMENTS COMPLETED
The long awaited improvements to our training and youth facilities, now we can really get the best out of our players.

View attachment 314632

CLUB FACILITIES
As you can see, the facilities are superb over al.

View attachment 314633

MORE IMPROVEMENTS
Training and youth facilities to be upgraded yet again! I love my board.

View attachment 314634
View attachment 314635

CAPITAL ONE CUP
Awful. Papped out in the first round without so much as a whimper.

View attachment 314636

LEAGUE TWO - 11 GAMES IN
A superb start and much better than I had expected. A couple blips here and there, but a better start that last seasons shambles.

View attachment 314637
View attachment 314638

* Apologies for the delayed update, I've been busy over a long weekend off work but I've finished season two over the last couple days and have the screenshots ready for tomorrow evening. I'll also have a new, mega fast laptop by the weekend so the updates won't be so sparse.

Last edited:
Some of Templeton stats r going down whats happening

Yeah he had a dip in stats at the end of last season, I don't know why but they shot back up again this season and he's almost twice as good.

I'll post up his stats along with the rest of the team when I'm home tonight.

Back