• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 14K
View attachment 314838
"From humble beginnings
to the worlds
most successful club"

20 GAMES IN...
Sailing at the top of the table. I realy thought it would be more difficult than this!

View attachment 314839

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 314840

CUP SHOCK!
What a result in the dying second of the game against premiership opposition, 4 tiers above us.

View attachment 314841

35 GAMES IN...
Unbeaten since the early days of the season. It;s all too easy.

View attachment 314850

LEAGUE TABLE
The points gap is now insubmountable....

View attachment 314843

CHAMPIONS
Finally! After losing out on the Blue Square Bet Premier last season this was a good achievement. Considering the style in which we won League 2, it was all too sweet.

View attachment 314844

A 2-0 win against Exeter City sealed the league title

View attachment 314845

PROMOTION
We'll now see out the remaining 13 games with ease knowing we'll be in League 1 next season.

View attachment 314846

Last edited:
View attachment 314862
RANGERS YOUTH INTAKE
2013/2014

A pretty poor intake after my expectations were high from last seasons fruitful intake.

View attachment 314864

NIKKI TAIT
Probably the only glimpse of quality amongst my new youth players. I'm not overly exstatic about him as yet.

View attachment 314865

JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY FINAL
In front of yet another 90,000 crowd at Wembly, we would lift our third trophy of the journey to the premiership with a 3-2 win against Southend.

View attachment 314866

THE GERS DO THE DOUBLE
A fantastic season topped off by the Johnstone's Paint trophy.

View attachment 314867

JPT JOURNEY
It was not quite that easy getting there, strangely. Every team gave their all just as a cup run should test you, but it was worth the struggle in the end.

View attachment 314868

FA CUP FIXTURES & RESULTS
The Woves result was something to special. Sadly, Stoke were one step too far, but we can be proud of pushing them all the way.

View attachment 314869

FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS
2013/2014

A remarkable season. Loads of goals and a record amount of points.

View attachment 314870

FULL FIXTURES & RESULTS
LEAGUE 2
2013/2014

View attachment 314871
View attachment 314872

LEAGUE STATS
An immense achievement for my players dominating the stats.

View attachment 314873

TEAM STATS
An average attendance in the 4th tier of English football of 41,000+ and 14 sellouts.

View attachment 314874

END OF SEASON PLAYER STATS

View attachment 314875

NPOWER LEAGUE 2
PLAYER OF THE SEASON
2013/2014

17 year old Peter Stevenson is the surprise winner of Player of the Year. He had a superb season and wins the plaudits despite David Templeton, Sebastien Faure, Callum Gallagher and Lewis MacLeod all performings to great standards.

View attachment 314876

TEAM OF THE SEASON
7 Players of my team make TOTY.

View attachment 314877

UNBEATEN RECORD
Forty Two games unbeaten. Amazing.

View attachment 314878

It would seem you dont like playing teams from the potteries what with failing too beat Port Vale in two games and then losing too the mighty Potters in the FA Cup, that FA Cup game would of really split my families household lol

It would seem you dont like playing teams from the potteries what with failing too beat Port Vale in two games and then losing too the mighty Potters in the FA Cup, that FA Cup game would of really split my families household lol

I guess my team doesnt like teams that are hard to break down! :(

that 4-3 game was miserabe to watch, i took the lead and every time I scored, they scored!

I guess my team doesnt like teams that are hard to break down! :(

that 4-3 game was miserabe to watch, i took the lead and every time I scored, they scored!

Wonder if both teams got out the ol' Loving cup before the match seeing as Rangers are still (i believe) the only team that uses theirs, when Karen Brady was at Birmingham she had umbrellas standing in it at one point :/

RANGERS FIRST TEAM KEY PLAYERS

GK - BLAIR CURRIE
View attachment 314943

RB - CHRIS HEGARTY
View attachment 314944

CB - SEB FAURE
View attachment 314945

CB - STUART URQUHART
View attachment 314946

LB - LEE WALLACE
View attachment 314947

CM - LEWIS MACLEOD
View attachment 314948

CM - KYLE HUTTON
View attachment 314949

RAM - BARRIE MCKAY
View attachment 314951

LAM - DAVID TEMPLETON
View attachment 314950

ST - CALLUM GALLAGHER
View attachment 314952

ST - PETER STEVENSON
View attachment 314953

RB/LB - DARREN COLE
View attachment 314955

CB - LUCA GASPAROTTO
View attachment 314954

RAM - FRASER AIRD
View attachment 314956

ST - KANE HEMMINGS
View attachment 314958

RAM - RYAN BRUCE
View attachment 314957

PROGRESSING YOUTH PLAYERS

ST - JORDAN KINNIBURGH
View attachment 314959

LAM - DOUGIE RAJOVIC
View attachment 314960

Wonder if both teams got out the ol' Loving cup before the match seeing as Rangers are still (i believe) the only team that uses theirs, when Karen Brady was at Birmingham she had umbrellas standing in it at one point :/

quite possibly! would be a nice touch to the game if it picked up on things like that.

*Apologies for no screenshots, I'm at work and will post them up at the end of the season.

PRE-SEASON 2014/2015

Linfield 2-5 RANGERS
Gallagher, Kinniburgh(4)

In a pre-season friendly with our good friends from Ulster, 17 y/o Jordan Kinniburgh was called up from the youth team due to injuries and showed me why he deserves a chance this season. A relatively easy win despite conceding twice.

Barnsley 2-5 RANGERS
MacLeod, Hemmings(2) Stevenson, Hutton(pen)

Another easy win, and revenge for the last time we played Barnsley. Peter Stevenson back from International duty at last.

RANGERS 3-1 Las Palmas
Templeton, Stevenson, Gallagher

3-0 up at half time and i thought maybe we would hit them for more, but our subs/reserves weren't up for it. Another decent win, though.

RANGERS 0-2 Sampdoria

I maybe expected a draw from this game, however, Sampdoria were just too good. We put up a decent fight at least. Our Italian friends went a bit easy on us I think.

Hamilton 0-0 RANGERS

This game against our feeder club did not impress me. Despite Hamilton being unable to field half our reserve team on loan to them, we could not score. They are now a SPL team due to our generous loans last season and would have no chance in that league had we not done the same this season.

We begin our League 1 season with a game against Huddersfield. We'll be aiming for promotion again this season.

impressive well done, Rangers now, Rangers then, Rangers forever!

good work mate, impressive unbeaten record!

Thanks man, it was something else. Win after win and mostly hard fought. 2-1's and 3-2's most weeks but it just didn't stop apart from the odd draw.

It has continued in that matter for season 2014/2015 thankfully.

Hoping to have updates by Tuesday night but it's taking a while to get seasons finished with this laptop slowly dying and my new one won't be here until Wednesday.

16GB of RAM, FM will run very smoothly :D

New laptop has arrived later than expected, just to transfer over all my files for FM and I'll get this going faster.

16GB of RAM instead of my old 2GB, it should be a **** of allot faster ;)

Currently in November. Will try get an update up for some time tomorrow.

*Apologies for the very late update of season 2014/2015 - my new laptop arrived and it took me a while inbetween work to get everything installed again and then to finish the season off (which did not take too long, but was done inbetween work). Now I have my new, warp speed laptop I'll rattle through the seasons much faster :D*

SEASON 2014/2015

View attachment 319603
NEW HEAD OF YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
Mick Halsall will take over immediately for the 2014/2015 season. Hoping this may improve my youth system.

View attachment 319604
NEW FACILITIES COMPLETED
More good news as the clubs long awaited facility upgrades are polished off.

View attachment 319605
SCOUTING RANGE UPGRADED
Not sure if this will help me with anything, but I cannot seem to upgrade my youth recruitment as the board will only let me cut back on it.

View attachment 319606
SEASON TICKET SALES
Yet again, a wonderful show of support from our fans. The money generated from these sales just emphasises that the supporters are the lifeblood of the club.

View attachment 319607
LEAGUE 1 TABLE
12 games in and we are sailing. Despite 4 draws, no losses is the important part.

View attachment 319608

View attachment 319617
FACILITIES TO BE IMPROVED FURTHER

TRAINING FACILITIES:
View attachment 319618
YOUTH FACILITIES:
View attachment 319619
LEAGUE 1 TABLE
9 games later, 9 games won. Still unbeaten and strolling through the league. A 12 point gap with two games in hand sees me in a very comfortable position and surely favourites for the league.

View attachment 319620
JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY NORTH FINAL
Another North final won, and another crack at winning the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, and a chance to win it for the second season running.

View attachment 319621
RANGERS TO PLAY BURTON IN JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY FINAL
Burton should be cannon fodder... the trophy is ours for the taking.

View attachment 319622

View attachment 319623
LEAGUE 1 TABLE
20 games in and the league is all but won. We are still cruising and still going strong. Championship, here we come...

View attachment 319624
JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY
We did it! another trophy into our cabinet and a consecutive Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

View attachment 319625
A superb 4-1 win over Burton.

View attachment 319626
LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS
The double is done! A stunning 4-0 route over Tranmere sees Rangers crowned as champions and promoted to the Championship by 28th February 2015.

View attachment 319627
View attachment 319628
View attachment 319630

LEAGUE 1 TABLE
40 games into the season

View attachment 319629

View attachment 319631
YOUTH INTAKE 2014/2015
A rather average intake, but a full intake considering the bug everyone is getting with intakes.

Relying only on youth intakes with no signings may be difficult if this does not improve.

View attachment 319632
CHARLIE CALDER
Probably the most exciting of this intake, but even then, his current ability is average.

View attachment 319633
IAIN SINCLAIR
Again, very average. But apparently he has potential.

View attachment 319634
KYLE MAIN
Not sure about him... very average but less potential than the latter two.

View attachment 319635
LEAGUE 1 FINAL TABLE
As you can see, we soared up to the Championship unbeaten. A wonderful season and an amazing achievement.

View attachment 319636
LEAGUE 1 GOLDEN BOOT
Callum Gallagher has won the Golden Boot for League 1. 30 league goals seen us on our way to the title and 35 in total. A brilliant season for the 20 year old.

View attachment 319637
LEAGUE 1 PLAYER OF THE YEAR
David Templeton seems to love the POTY award. The most consistent performer over the last three seasons. The playmaker is vital to our progression.

View attachment 319638

RANGERS FIRST TEAM
First XI, key players and promising stars

FIRST XI
Goalkeeper
View attachment 319678

Right back
View attachment 319679

Centre back
View attachment 319680

Centre back
View attachment 319681

Left back
View attachment 319682

Centre Midfield
View attachment 319683

Right attacking midfield
View attachment 319684

Centre attack midfield
View attachment 319685

Left attacking midfield
View attachment 319686

Striker
View attachment 319687

Striker
View attachment 319688

OTHER FIRST TEAM PLAYERS
View attachment 319689

View attachment 319691

View attachment 319693

View attachment 319694

View attachment 319697

PROMISING YOUNG PLAYERS
View attachment 319696

View attachment 319700

View attachment 319701

SEASON 2015/2016

View attachment 319956
RANGERS ANNOUNCE LOSSES
Not entirely sure how this happened. We were posting a £1m+ loss every month, however, this was offset from season ticket sales and has never produced a loss in previous seasons.

View attachment 319957
SEASON TICKET SALES
Hopefully this will cushion the blow of the loss posted for the previous season.

View attachment 319958
EX PLAYER JOINS AS FITNESS COACH
DaMarcus Beasley has joined as fitness coach as of season 2015/2016. The American previously played for the club under Walter Smith and was involved in our run to the UEFA Cup final in 2008. He scored in a memorable 3-0 win against Lyon in the Champions League group stage prior to our parachute into the UEFA Cup that season.

View attachment 319959
CHAMPIONSHIP 2015/2016
We will face much sterner opposition for the season ahead. Most of these teams are on a par with us and promotion may be a challenge this time.

View attachment 319960
PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES
An underwhelming pre season, however, a nice win against Getafe.

View attachment 319961
CHAMPIONSHIP UNDERWAY
Five games in and two losses already. Not the best stat and hopefully we can find some form of consistency.

View attachment 319962
YOUTH PLAYER SIGNED
A 'greyed out' player in my youth squad was signed last season and looked to be distinctively average... how I was wrong. A goalkeeper who may answer my prayers as Blair Currie reaches full potential.

View attachment 319963
CHAMPIONSHIP - 11 GAMES IN
Things have improved slightly. Three wins and three draws sees us into the play off spots.

View attachment 319964
LEAGUE & CUP
FIXTURES & RESULTS

Unbeaten in nine in the Championship but we really seem to hate the League Cup.

View attachment 319965
JOB OFFER
QPR offered me a job... I subsequently declined.

View attachment 319966

As a Rangers fan I think this thread is very good. Interesting to see what happens..

Back