Rangers Then, Rangers Now, Rangers Forever!

TamMcCann

Reaction score
dark%20clouds%20over%20ibrox.jpg

14th February 2012

The Darkest days in History

A period Rangers fans will never forget, 14th February, the day when Glasgow Rangers, one of the most successful Football teams in the world were plunged into the chaos of administration. There were times where it was looking very bleak for the club...times where it looked as if Glasgow Rangers would cease to exist! As the months unfolded men at the top blamed each other, star players left as Rangers were eventually liquidated and booted out of the Scottish Premier League. Was this the end of The famous Glasgow Rangers and there 139 years History?

Charles-Green-the-Rangers-010.jpg

14th June 2012

Charles Green - The Saviour

After bids from the likes of Paul Murray, Bill Miller and a last gasp bid from Rangers Legend Walter Smith to buy the club were to fail as Yorkshire man Charles Green took over at Ibrox and vowed to get Rangers back into the big time after getting Rangers into the fourth tier of Scottish Football. There were many questions over this purchase from Charles Green, was this man really in it for the Club or for a fast buck? Many fans were left unhappy and wanted Green to hand the Club over to Walter Smith and his group, there were even reports Ally McCoist was set to quit over it all. Through out time the straight talking Yorkshire man won over many of the fans and seem to win over all the staff at the Club too including Ally McCoist, he even eventually appointed Walter Smith as a non- executive director at the club which many fans cheered about. Another thing about Green, he never let anyone bring the Club down he fought for the Club at every chance and many fans were happy to see him do that, eventually someone who was willing to stick up for the Club unlike hate figure Craig Whyte. So was Green really the real deal?

fixer_1524845a.jpg

19th April 2013

Green's Downfall

Charles Green was a man of many words, through out time too much at time and fans began to notice this. Green never knew when to keep his mouth shut and that got him into trouble countless time with the men at the top. There was also rumours Craig Whyte still owned the Club and Charles Green was Whyte's 'puppet' as such. Fans became distressed again and yet again more chaos at Ibrox. Green left on the 19th April after he was fined £2,500 for a racist slur against partner Imran Ahmad. Imran has since said Charles Green is no racist.

JS16190103-1851077.jpg

24th April 2013

Craig Mather - Interim Chief Executive

After Greens departure the Rangers board moved to place Rangers Shareholder Craig Mather as Interim Chief Executive. Mather has since claimed his investment in Rangers was an emotional one. He has also stated he is 100% behind Ally McCoist and while he is at the top he will strive with McCoist to help the Club get back to where they belong! There are doubts the boardroom rifts are far from over but we can only concentrate on the footballing matters and hope everything will be resolved soon so Glasgow Rangers can get on with the important matters of returning to the SPL and dominating Scotland once again!

article-2285788-05134F4E000005DC-395_634x490.jpg

I will do my story with Ally McCoist and even though I've touched on some dates that are in the future in the real world from the game world I hope you's enjoy :)...

927079-15360846-640-360.jpg

The Journey back to the Top

Well after a long hard difficult couple of months here my beloved club is, booted down into the fourth tier of Scottish Football. To many the league is mediocre and to be honest for a team with the reputation such as Glasgow Rangers it is! None the less we must group together and work hard and sensible as a business to get back to where we belong without letting debts get out of control again.

Pre Season

Our Pre Season will begin with an away game to Cambuslang Rangers on the 7th July followed by a Home game on the 12th against Viktoria Plzen. We then will set off to Northen Ireland to face Bangor and Institute before coming back to out first competitive game of the Season against Livingston away in the Challenge Cup 1st round.

Expectations

This season we want to achieve Automatic Promotion first and foremost, we will also like to give it our all in the cup games to get some extra income for the Club. Ideally we will look to win the Challenge Cup and hopefully at least get to a Final in the Scottish or League Cup.

The Squad

I firmly believe we have the team to win the League with ease and to at least make an impact in the cup competitions that we are in here I will ***** who'm I believe will be vital this Season :

View attachment 343596

Name: Lee McCulloch
Position: Striker/ DM,M(C)

Big Jig has shown he is loyal to the Club when others left after the turmoil last this Summer. He'll bring vital experience to what is a young squad. There's no doubt he will be our Captain and I will be working very close with Lee. I expect the big man to chip in with plenty of goals this season as well as control games and at times play in other areas when needed.

View attachment 343602

Name: Dean Shiels
Position: AM(C)/AM(RL),ST

Dean was a new recruit this Season and he was Kilmarnock's player of the Season last Season in the SPL so I expect big things from him in the Third Divison. I certainly hope he will score as many as I feel he will create.

View attachment 343603

Name: David 'Cooper' Templeton
Position: M/AM(L)/M/AM(R)

We got David from Hearts and I feel this young lad will rip every single team in the League, I expect great things from David and I think he will just get better as he progresses in his Career, long may that be with us!

View attachment 343605

Name: Emilson Cribari
Position: Defender(Center)

The big Brazilian defender should stroll through this League, he like McCulloch albeit abroad brings a wealth of experience with playing in massive Leagues like Serie A with teams like Lazio and Napoli to help the younger lads progress around him.

View attachment 343612

Name: Lee Wallace
Position: Defender(Left)WB/ML

In my opinion the best Left Back in Scotland and luckily for us he's playing in the Third Divison with us! Another lad who stood by the Club and no doubt is future Captain material which is why Lee will be my Vice Captain. I really hope we can keep a hold of him!

Hot Prospects

There are many talents of youth within our ranks this season, these are the stand outs for me who will play a big part on getting back up to the big time :

View attachment 343618

Name: Barrie McKay
Position: Striker/AM(RLC)

To me Barry is a great talent and will fit in straight away ready to fight for the Club. He has pace and flair which will destroy the teams in the Leagues defence. Like Dean Shiels I expect goals as well as plenty of assists from him.

View attachment 343621

Name: Fraser Aird
Position: AMC/AM(RL)

The Canadian youngster is another with high hopes at the Club he is a feisty player who seems determined to succeed in the game. Player whom we really need at the Club right now. Like McKay I feel he will fit in quickly with the more experienced players.

View attachment 343631

Name: Lewis MacLeod
Position: Mid Center

Well what a prospect we have on our hands here, a young 'Jim Baxter' many have described! I believe with the right team around Lewis and the right guidance he may well be leading the team out as Captain when we get back to the SPL! I reckon he could play for any team one day, Watch this space with this young lad...

View attachment 343637

Name: Luca Gasparotto
Position: Defender Center

Luca is showing great potential but unlike the others he may not feature as much this Season but he is in my plans and I do expect great things from the lad.

article-2234195-16100C14000005DC-889_468x292.jpg

Let's get Started!

DSCF2948.jpg

Cambuslang Rangers 2-5 Rangers

Well a decent start to Pre Season. We took the foot off the pedal near the end and they scored two goals which I'm disapointed about on the positive side we scored five nice goals. McCulloch started the goal frenzy with a smashing header at the back post from a Templeton cross. Northen Irish International Dean Sheils got a double one was a great twenty-five yard smasher. Another positive was there was goals also from young Fraser Aird and Tom Walsh.

---------------------------------------

Lewis+Macleod

Rangers 1-1 Viktoria Plzen

A draw in our first and only Pre Season home game. I felt we were the better side but couldn't quite convert much this game which we will need to improve on. Young midfielder Lewis MacLeod scored the goal for us.

Fraser-Aird-celeb-Queens-Park-v-Rangers_2879447.jpg

Bangor 0-4 Rangers

A great performance today and no doubt the highlight was Fraser Aird's hat-trick with Barrie McKay chipping in with an excellent goal near the end of the game. We dominated from start to finish which was pleasing.

Wallace_2935888.jpg

Institute 2-3 Rangers

The result looked closer than what it really was. We were 3-0 up by half time so I gave youngsters like Darren Ramsay and Charlie Telfer a shot at the second half. Stand in Captain Lee Wallace scored a penalty then two great goals for Sebastian Faure and Luca Gasparotto won the match for us.

5414816.jpg

All in all a decent Pre Season but I'm still expecting improvement starting with our first competitive match against Livingston in the Challenge Cup 1st Round.

Is anyone following? I'm thinking about changing thr layout any suggestions? Any other constructive critisim to help better the story is welcome.

Is anyone following? I'm thinking about changing thr layout any suggestions? Any other constructive critisim to help better the story is welcome.

Yeah I'm following mate. Keep going with it, people will start to like and follow the more into the story you get. :D

Nice little story so far. I remember when FM 13 came out and I did it with Rangers.

d581cd1a4e3e8543ba4d6f9c76771b3c.jpg

View attachment 344070Livingston V Rangers View attachment 344069

Venue : Almondvale Staduim
Attendance : 10,048
(Challenge Cup 1st Round)

View attachment 344074

Gary Cotterill discussing today's match

There is an air of optimism today down here at the Almondvale Stadium by both sets of supporters, both feel they have a chance of progressing through to the second round. Livingston fans feel Rangers are not 'The Rangers' they used to be anymore on the other hand the Rangers fans want to kick the new era off with a result here to help push on and get back to the big time as quick as they can.

The Key Players

View attachment 344083
Name: Marc Mcnulty
Position: Striker

The young striker has been with The Lions since 2009 and has played 70 games scoring 29 goals. He is showing great potential and he could be the difference for Livingston today between a defeat and a victory.

View attachment 344085
Name: Lee McCulloch
Position: Striker

There was quite afew players to choose from Rangers but big Jig will bring a wealth of experince on how to handle these type of tense games and no doubt the Gers captain will be a major part in this game.

Let the battle commence !

ally-mccoist-rangers-image-1-689532332.jpg

article-2319406-199E4652000005DC-967_634x413.jpg

View attachment 344088Livingston 1-3 RangersView attachment 344087

Rangers kicked off there new campaign with a great victory of divison 1 side Livingston, though they were made to fight for it.

Livingston got off to a flyer when young striker Marc Mcnulty scored from just outside the box with a great right footed finish after an excellent pass by Keghan Jacobs. Livi piled on the pressure once more but Callum Elliot shot wide of the target. When looking like it was going to be 1-0 at half time Rangers winger David Templeton went on a run whilst playing a one two with Lewis MacLeod, MacLeod then slotted the ball through the Livingston defence and Rangers Lee Wallace was there to drill the ball home to make it one a piece at the break.

The second half started with a fast pace by Rangers, they seemed a different team, playing fast and fluid Football, Livingston just seemed unable to cope with the likes off Templeton, Shiels and also with the strength of Lee McCulloch who was a constant thorn around the Livinston defence. It never took Rangers long to go ahead with a great 30yard strike from promising talent Fraser Aird, he beat three of Livingston's players before releasing a deadly shot that was luckily enough not to put a hole in the nets of the home side! Rangers pressured once more and were lucky not to get a penalty when young striker Barrie McKay was brought down inside the box by Livingston defender Jason Talbot but instead the ball rolled out for a corner. The corner justified itself as Rangers scored with a neat header from French defender Sebastian Faure to make it 3-1 and in the end it finished that way to send the Rangers fans home happy.

article-2319406-199E4D40000005DC-144_634x416.jpg

Rangers Fans enjoy there victory.

View attachment 344090

Gary Cotterill : "Congratulations Ally, how did you rate your first win of the so called 'new era'?"

Ally McCoist: "Thanks Gary, yes I feel it was a pleasing victory. We took a bit to get going in the first half but it paid off we got our goal and we played much better in the second half which I'm obviously pleased about."

Gary Cotterill : "Fraser Aird scored a great goal today how did you feel he performed today?"

Ally McCoist: "Young Fraser scored a great goal and the build up to it was excellent to and I have confidence in the lad that it won't be his last goal like that! The full team deserve the applauds coming there way, we started with four players at Pre Season and we had to build a team with youth really and they have responded so well so quickly."

Gary Cotterill : "Will you be looking to strengthen the team before you are put under the transfer embargo?"

Ally McCoist :"I can't answer that Gary, things change but I can tell you right now at this moment in time I feel the way forward is with the younger boys. I have the belief they can see us through this embargo along with the help from the older boys such as Lee Wallace and Lee McCulloch."

Gary Cotterill : "Well once again Ally congratulations and good luck for the rest of the Season!"

Ally McCoist : "Thanks Gary!"

Next Game

View attachment 344103Airdrie United v RangersView attachment 344105

Scottish League Cup 1st Round

009__034__news__THE_LEAGUE_CUP_TROPHY___CO_OPERATIVE_INSURANCE_3__1282138124_standard.jpg

View attachment 343605

Name: Emilson Cribari
Position: Defender(Center)

The big Brazilian defender should stroll through this League, he like McCulloch albeit abroad brings a wealth of experience with playing in massive Leagues like Serie A with teams like Lazio and Napoli to help the younger lads progress around him.

Nice story dude. Will be following. One thing, Cribari was fecking dire for me in my save. I think he is rotten. Better playing Faure and Perry. Just my opinion mate. Good luck.

I won't go into too much detail with every single game just the ones i think are important. Next update tonite guys!

Nice story dude. Will be following. One thing, Cribari was fecking dire for me in my save. I think he is rotten. Better playing Faure and Perry. Just my opinion mate. Good luck.

Thanks mate. Oh in real life the guy is a bomb scare i just cant take to him at all! In the game he is doing a good job for me but he is on a massive wage and we have talented youngsters so i cant see him being around for too many seasons. Gasparotto is another good prospect.

Emilson+Cribari

View attachment 344426Ardrie United 0-1 Rangers View attachment 344427
(Scottish League Cup 1st Round)
Rangers scraped today's win with a narrow 1-0 win against Airdrie United in the League Cup with a Emilson Cribari header close to the end of the game which no doubt would have came with a sigh of relief from the Rangers fans. They had many chances to put the game to bed early with misses from the likes of Lewis MacLeod and young striker Barrie McKay but they did just about enough to see the game out in the end.

Rangers gaffer McCoist said after the game "We have played much better but a win is a win and I'm pleased. We are a new squad that was put together at short notice and within time we will come much better I can assure the fans that, the lads in there know what is expected from them and I'm confident you will see the best of them in the coming weeks".

Today's Key Player

Lee+McCulloch+celebrates+his+goal

Big Jig was a handful and although he never got his name on the score sheet he gave 110% for the full game. He ran the Airdrie defence ragged and no doubt they will be glad to see the back of the Gers Captain!

NEXT GAME

009__001__competition_logos__competition_logo_third_division_original__1276259956_standard.gif

View attachment 344430 Rangers v Annan Athletic View attachment 344429
(Scottish Irn Bru Third Divison)

You did well to keep Ryan Donnelly quiet in the Airdrie United game, main reason i sign him is to stop him scoring against me.

157863-andrew-little-scored-a-hat-trick-for-rangers-at-ibrox.jpg

View attachment 344432 Rangers 4-0 Annan Athletic View attachment 344431

Rangers strolled past Annan today with there best performance of the Season so far. Andrew Little scored a wonderful hat-trick with young striker McKay scoring a great volley too.

Little got Rangers off to a flyer with scoring a tap in on 9minutes, not long after McKay scored a belter on 18minutes then again Little was there in the box to pop in Rangers third of the match and it ended 3-0 at half time.

Second half was still all Rangers with MacLeod stringing the passes from midfield which is why you can see why he is labelled the 'next Jim Baxter', he eventually got the breakthrough himself and rattled the crossbar but Little was there to tap another in to send the Rangers faithful home happy!

Key Player

_62834422_macleod.jpg

Lewis MacLeod was instrumental in today's romp of Annan. He read the game well and played some crucial passes also helped with his defensive duties. This lad is a wonder talent!

View attachment 344435Stirling Albion 0-4 Rangers View attachment 344432
(Irn Bru Scottish Third Divison)

Another great result today for Rangers, helped out by a wonderful display from Fraser Aird as he scored a brace helped with goals from Barrie McKay and Lee McCulloch.

Aird got his first goal on 20 minutes after a nice lay off from Lewis MacLeod. Just before half time McKay doubled there lead with a well placed shot from outside the box.

4 minutes after the restart Aird scored a wonder goal, dribbling by Stirling's defence with easy and squeezing in a shot on the low right. McCulloch completed the rout with a trademark thunder bolt of a free kick 25 yards out.

Key Player

Stirling-v-Rangers-David-McLune-Fraser-Aird_2840479.jpg

Not just Aird's goals earned him the man of the match, he also put a great graft in on both ends of the pitch to help his side romp against a weak Stirling Albion side.

View attachment 344432Rangers 3-1 Berwick RangersView attachment 344438
(AET)
(Challenge Cup 2nd Round)
This result brought Rangers a reminder that it won't always be easy for them. Berwick Rangers took the lead early on with a Fraser McLaren goal. Rangers defender Emilson Cribari put Rangers back in it before the break with a header inside the box.

Second half there wasn't much of an improvement from Rangers with Dean Sheils missing an absaloute sitters and Little also had 2 goals disallowed, it really didn't look as if it was going to be Rangers day as the game eventually went to Extra Time!

McCoist's words must have done something to the team as when they started the first half of extra time Lee Wallace put Rangers ahead with a low shot from just outside the area. It took until the 117th minute until the Gers put the tie to bed by scoring a nice worked goal from Sheils which put a smile on his face!

Key Player

_61167908_lee_wallace_sns.jpg

No one was too impressive today but Wallace was the main threat to Berwick today with his bombing runs, he never gave up and got his rewards.

View attachment 344449 St Mirren 0-2 Rangers View attachment 344432
(League Cup 2nd Round)

BRILLIANT! Rangers taught St Mirren a lesson today and showed them Rangers were still a force by beating the SPL side! Rangers captain sent Rangers fans into raptures by putting them ahead on 39 minutes with a tidy strike from inside the area.

Second half, Rangers continued where they left off and there determination to score a second paid off when Andy Little scored the second on the 73rd minute to seem to put the tie to bed and eventually it did.

As St Mirren Fans left in there numbers after the second goal went in Rangers fans were up on there feet in there numbers praising the team for there efforts.

Key Player

lee-mcculloch-rangers.jpg

What a great display from McCulloch today! He lead by example all game and fully deserved his goal!

End of Month review

View attachment 344453View attachment 344454View attachment 344455View attachment 344456View attachment 344457

I'm very pleased with this month. We are sitting top of the table, not lost a game yet and we also won all the awards of the month which was great! I'm especially pleased with young Fraser Aird's performance's and he really deserved the young player of the month for August.

You did well to keep Ryan Donnelly quiet in the Airdrie United game, main reason i sign him is to stop him scoring against me.

He was injured :p luckily for me I think because we weren't too impressive.

images

View attachment 344958 Rangers 2-2 Montrose View attachment 344959

Not a great start to October with a poor draw to Montrose at home, we really should have won the game so I'm not happy and the players know that!

Montrose went infront in 6 minutes with young striker Leighton McIntosh scoring a fine goal. Rangers then went ahead with a quickfire double from Dean Sheils and Andy Little to put us ahead at the break.

The Second half started brightly and it looked as if Rangers would kick on and get a routine win but on the hour mark Craig McLeish scored a long range shot to make it two all and that was how it finished!

Key Player

Ian-Black-008.jpg

Ian Black was the only positive today really. He grafted all day and broke up a lot of Montrose's play which was pleasing too see.

View attachment 344962Dunfermline 2-3 Rangers View attachment 344958
(Challenge Cup 3rd Round)

A Fraser Aird double helped Rangers edge there Divison One opponents and into the Semi Final to give the fans a boost after the home draw against Montrose.

It took only 13 minutes until Rangers broke the deadlock with a fierce shot from youngster Aird who seems to be becoming a real threat in recent weeks for Rangers. Dunfermline made it one a piece with a goal from Scott Gray on 35 minutes and that is how it stayed until after the break.

Yound Aird got his second of the game on 57 minutes after nice play from young Barrie McKay. When it looked as if Rangers were 2-1 Winners Dunfermline got a late goal to make it 2-2, Andy Barrowman scored the goal. Rangers looked gobsmacked! But in a dramatic twist Rangers were awarded a penalty on the 88th minute when Andy Dowie brought down Lee McCulloch in the box, he then converted the spot kick to send the Gers faithful home happy!

Key Player

a59b5a442188a89824d57b67f5979275.jpeg

Fraser Aird has been a real gem of a player since starring for Rangers. The young lad is only 17years old and its scary how talented and composed he is at such a tender age! He beat Dunfermline on his own today!

images
East Stirling 0-3 RangersView attachment 344958

A Lee McCulloch hat-trick won the game for Rangers today but all the player really clicked which was a joy to behold.

Rangers scored in a record 13 seconds after McCulloch banged in a great header. Rangers continued to press and got there rewards after great play from Andrew Little saw McCulloch grab his second before the break.

The second half started just like the first and Rangers were 3-0 in no time after McCulloch drilled home a low shot from a Templeton pass. Rangers were unlucky not to win by 5 or 6 but no doubt McCoist will be pleased with this win.

Key Player

_63138697_lee_mcculloch_web2609.jpg

Big Jig was fantastic today and deserved his hat-trick. He controlled the game well and was a pest all game.

Next Match

View attachment 344965Celtic V Rangers View attachment 344958
(League Cup 3rd Round)

This match will be a cracker! The first Old Firm derby since the drama at Rangers, no doubt both sets of fans and also players will be counting down the days to the match! Police presence will really need to be stepped up for this match as there may well be mayhem!

bartley%2Bbrown.jpg

The crunching tackles in an Old Firm could prove to be nasty!

PS Nice Tackle from Bartley on Brown ;)!!

good luck mate, celtics tough i lost to them in league cup qtr final. Managed to avoid them in the Scottish cup and i'm in semi's with them knocked out. Taken out a good few SPL sides on my way including Dundee United. Celtics the hardest ones to topple s expected!

_52310696_neil_lennon_220411.jpg

Rangers are an amateur side

Celtic Boss Neil Lennon has launched a scathing attack on Ally McCoist's side ahead of the Old Firm derby stating that Rangers are now an amateur side and that there no match for his side.

He said "Rangers are no longer the Rangers we knew. There nothing but an amateur side now and there fans know as well as our fans know that there Third Divison Team are no match for my team." When asked if he thought he would be in for a hard time after his comments Lennon simply smirked and said " I don't care".

No doubt the other side of Glasgow will not be happy with Lennon's comments and will be working even harder to ensure victory against there rivals, but if it's got anything to do with the outspoken Celtic manager they will have no chance...

Meanwhile over at Ibrox...

20720620.JPG

Pressure is on them!

Ally McCoist has today said that there is no pressure on his young side and that all the pressure is on Celtic as they are sure favourites for the tonights match.

McCoist said "I have faith in my squad to give the fans 110% in tonight's match but at the end of the day the pressure is all on them, they are at home and we are currently overlooked as a Third Divison Club, they will be looked upon as dead certs in my opinion, can they handle the pressure? Only time will tell but what I do know is my boys are more than confident!"

Celtic fans will be confident of a victory, meanwhile over at Govan side Rangers fans will be quietly confident that there side can spring a surprise on there Glasgow rivals. One thing is for sure, it's going to be a match to remember!

Rangers-and-Celtic-fans-008.jpg

The match will be 90 minutes of **** for the Police!