Rangers To Go into Scottish 3rd Division

RIP Scottish football.

Of course it is the correct moral decision like all the smaller club chairman keep saying, 5Live had a few of them on last night, driving me mad with their insistence that 'sporting integrity' was the only option.

The simple fact that every scottish chairman knows, is that their club can't survive without the money that Rangers in the top flight will generate.

Well you have the right idea but 20 is way too much. We only have 32 clubs in the SPL/SFA. The idea of having a 16 team SPL is the best option in my opinion. The first division is full of former SPL sides that are dying a slow death, simply because there isn't any money in the lower leagues.

Ah i forget just how few clubs you have. Yeah a 16 team SPL and 16 team SPL2 or whatever they will call it, spread the wealth and reform the game

RIP Scottish football.

Of course it is the correct moral decision like all the smaller club chairman keep saying, 5Live had a few of them on last night, driving me mad with their insistence that 'sporting integrity' was the only option.

The simple fact that every scottish chairman knows, is that their club can't survive without the money that Rangers in the top flight will generate.

St. Mirren said exactly this. They went with because it was the morally right decision, although they admit they have no idea how they will actually cope with the financial reality of the decision.

I am sure we have42 clubs- 12 in Spl and 10 each in divisions 1,2 and 3. We can have leagues of 20 but likewise, I think 16 team leagues will do.

Just leaves Celtic and Aberdeen never to have been relegated now!

Rangers weren't relegated. They have disbanded/folded.

I'm a rangers fan and I'm happy with the decision, This way the club can start fresh- a new start and no one can say we get away with things now unless they somehow manage to change this decision but fingers crossed we stay in 3rd div and my ST will be cheaper.

That's the reaction of pretty much all the Rangers boards I've looked at. Fair play to the fans, they've taken it on the chin with great dignity. That next league title will be a sweet one.

That's the reaction of pretty much all the Rangers boards I've looked at. Fair play to the fans, they've taken it on the chin with great dignity. That next league title will be a sweet one.

Sweet? Is the League title not pretty much decided by now for at least 2 years, although putting Rangers in third division is the right thing to do it's bad for Scottish football in general.

Personally I don't think this move is overly bad for scottish football, Yes we lose alot of revenue in but maybe now alot of the scottish youth will get a chance to step up to the mark - Celtic will probably win the league for the next 4-5 years if not more never mind at least 2 but hopefully some Scottish gems will appear and get their chances.

Heard this myself but in all honesty if they done that then they will just infuriate the fans of the game and I think they will just stay away because the majority of them will just not see the point in going when it;s rigged to help a new club that way.

I think it was because they are looking to change the format of Scottish football.. Even more so because the Old firm are 3 leagues apart. Sounds like they are looking into a two-division system, so SPL and an SPL2, with 14 or 16 teams in each. Rangers would only be in SPL2 and one promotion away from returning to the top division.

Only website I know apart from the BBC that reports on rangers.

Fair. Personally I try to look outside Scotland. Every article on either club is always so divisive.

The annoying thing is we still don't know if we will be playing or not due to a license we need to play. We have no players and no pre-season matches played and the sfa are still trying to place a transfer embargo upon us. The transfer embargo was placed on the old rangers and i would have accepted it if we were in the spl still but we are now a newco starting fresh in division 3 so why are they still trying to apply further punishments rather than let us join the league get players needed and start fresh hopefully without the bad reputation we had (at least until we get back in SPL when all the arseholes start following again)

Season tickets have also not been priced due to situation which is also annoying as I want to renew mine if it is a reasonable price!

It's all such a massive disaster which should have been at least contemplated when they entered administration. Did the whole of the SFA just assume the creditors would accept any deal given to them?

It's going to make the SPL very interesting this season. I really hope someone (Hearts) but anyone really (not Hibs) have an amazing season and at least push Celtic until March? at least.

P.S I can't wait to see how Rangers get on. It's going to be hilarious.

It's all such a massive disaster which should have been at least contemplated when they entered administration. Did the whole of the SFA just assume the creditors would accept any deal given to them?

It's going to make the SPL very interesting this season. I really hope someone (Hearts) but anyone really (not Hibs) have an amazing season and at least push Celtic until March? at least.

P.S I can't wait to see how Rangers get on. It's going to be hilarious.

I would assume they did think that seeing as its Rangers, rather than another club. The same rules didn't apply to them. It's obvious the SFA did everything in its power to save rangers. Even Alex Salmond was making statements spelling out the reasons why rangers should not allowed to go bust or get demoted not long ago: the institution of Scottish football, part of the fabric of Scotland etc etc.

Would love to the see the title race go to around march to keep it interesting, and hopefully all the teams in Scotland have a good season in Europe.