Rangers To Go into Scottish 3rd Division

Rangers Football Club are still called Rangers Football Club. The Rangers Football Club is the company that Sevco 5088 are using as Rangers' official owners.. Just to be ******* awkward!

Rangers FC still have their original assets including history, this was purchased by The Rangers FC. Nothing about Rangers has changed (yet) apart from the staff and finances.

Hope that clears it up?

BTW, Rangers FC haven't yet been accepted by the SFA (they have only been accepted by the SFL) so any of this could change.. They could take away all of Rangers FC's history and make them start as a new club founded in 2012, but as far as I know, this hasn't happened yet.

If they are stripped of titles most news reports indicate it will be the ones won in the last 10 years.

ok thanks, they are making this so dragged out and complicated its unreal,

dont help the scottish game one bit.

The whole thing is a huge farce, shouldn't have been allowed to descend into this mess in the first place.

If they are stripped of titles most news reports indicate it will be the ones won in the last 10 years.

The whole thing is a huge farce, shouldn't have been allowed to descend into this mess in the first place.

Of course, that's what I meant by the last sentence. Once the SFA make a decision on any further punishments then this all might change and they could be stripped of some cup and league history.. Of course, this is probably something that would have to be done by SI as it's unlikely you could do this on the editor.

I can assure if we celtic fans boycott Kilmarnock they'll be bust by Next May.

Of course, that's what I meant by the last sentence. Once the SFA make a decision on any further punishments then this all might change and they could be stripped of some cup and league history.. Of course, this is probably something that would have to be done by SI as it's unlikely you could do this on the editor.

you can do it on the editor, but it would take a LONG time, and would need to find out who came 3rd in the league in 1975 for example so they can replace rangers or another team in 1st/ runner up place

just used a random year, but you get the point, also all the cups and everything

Bad times when two of your best players leave for the third tier.

Yeah but Rangers will be back in the SPL for 2014/15 i think

Div 3 winners this year

Summer 2013 league restructure see's them in SPL 2, Which they will win

Back in SPL

Fitting punishment would be Dropped to Div 1, A 2 year transfer ban which will help bring through Scottish youth players then made to pay back the money they owe over the next 10 years therefore plenty of time to pay them back, They suffer a bit and recieve punishment and all the benifits help Scottish football and the finances for the other teams dont get affected too much. Worked in Seria A for Juventus although its fair to say Italian football is in the toilet compared to its dominance 10 years ago

Bad times when two of your best players leave for the third tier.

Fourth tier*

But yeah, greedy footballers don't care where they play as long as they're paid. Fair play.

Yeah but Rangers will be back in the SPL for 2014/15 i think

Div 3 winners this year

Summer 2013 league restructure see's them in SPL 2, Which they will win

Back in SPL

Fitting punishment would be Dropped to Div 1, A 2 year transfer ban which will help bring through Scottish youth players then made to pay back the money they owe over the next 10 years therefore plenty of time to pay them back, They suffer a bit and recieve punishment and all the benifits help Scottish football and the finances for the other teams dont get affected too much. Worked in Seria A for Juventus although its fair to say Italian football is in the toilet compared to its dominance 10 years ago

Nonono Rangers being placed in division 3 isn't a punishment, they where liquidated and reformed as a new club therefore like any other club has to start at the bottom of the footballing tier, the punishment will be the transfer embargo they receive, the reason this Newco is being punished for the old rangers is because they have bought over all the rights of the old Rangers and are effectively the old club reformed so should be punished accordingly, in addition they should have their titles stripped cause quite simply they cheated to win them.

Nonono Rangers being placed in division 3 isn't a punishment, they where liquidated and reformed as a new club therefore like any other club has to start at the bottom of the footballing tier, the punishment will be the transfer embargo they receive, the reason this Newco is being punished for the old rangers is because they have bought over all the rights of the old Rangers and are effectively the old club reformed so should be punished accordingly, in addition they should have their titles stripped cause quite simply they cheated to win them.

Problem is it's a bit late now. Won't be able to save the jobs of numerous managers (Gordon Strachan etc.) who should have won those titles.

I think it's a blessing for both the SPL and the Third division.
The Premier league will be more competitive and it will bring a few quid and generate interest in the 3rd.

The Premier league will be more competitive and it will bring a few quid and generate interest in the 3rd.

Only from 2nd down though. If the league is over by Xmas (which I reckon it will be) it will be even more of a laughing stock.

SPL Clubs need the money to pay off there debts and survive so they could be doing with all the extra quid they can get. Thats the one bad thing about Rangers going to div 3

in addition they should have their titles stripped cause quite simply they cheated to win them.

How can you say Rangers cheated to win trophys.

1. They haven't been found guilty of any wrong doing.
2. They never match fixed games or paid off players & referees to win games.

The other teams weren't good enough to win the league, Celtic threw away the league plenty of times on their own handing Rangers the league + the other SPL teams are miles off the old firm.

How can you say Rangers cheated to win trophys.

1. They haven't been found guilty of any wrong doing.
2. They never match fixed games or paid off players & referees to win games.

The other teams weren't good enough to win the league, Celtic threw away the league plenty of times on their own handing Rangers the league + the other SPL teams are miles off the old firm.

The other teams weren't good enough to win the titles, because they were living within their means while Rangers spent whatever they wanted to.

Point 1: Not yet: Investigations going on, SFA and SPL could strip titles from Rangers over the last 10 years. Don't be surprised if it does happen.

The other teams weren't good enough to win the titles, because they were living within their means while Rangers spent whatever they wanted to.

Point 1: Not yet: Investigations going on, SFA and SPL could strip titles from Rangers over the last 10 years. Don't be surprised if it does happen.

The other teams were not good enough because they were not good enough. Let's not start trying to blame Rangers for everything.

Celtic blew the league several times of their own accord. Sorry but its highly speculative and a bit one eyed to start blaming Rangers for every little thing

Last edited:

The other teams were living with their means ? So explain how Rangers won trophys the last 2 times they did because they had very little and won the league with ease over anyone except Celtic and does that mean when Celtic win the league for the next 3-4 years mean they should have them taken away because they WILL spend more money than any club in Scotland and will win the league easily aswell.

No. Scottish football is crippled with debt. I wouldn't say there were any clubs "living within their means", Maybe Celtic.... Maybe.

TBF, I don't see why you're making a massive deal out of it.. Rangers did worse when they had money than when they didn't!