Rangnick linked to Liverpool move

No, usually I NEVER agree with "chelsea" fan's, it hurts lol

Totally unrelated (as in not real life) but he has just been sacked on my latest game at the end of October, Allardyce wants the job apparently. God help us.

No. Would be as bad as RH.

It really would. O'Neill has a specific style of play and because I've said it before I won't go into detail, but he relys on counterattacking football through pacey wingers to the head of a pure target man, neither of which Liverpool have.

I can't understand why most pool fans want Dalglish to take over, its just a recipe for disaster. You say it would be best for the players but i fail to see how. Yes he is a Liverpool legend but how many of Pools players would really know that much about Dalglish and give them that much more drive. I would suspect only Carragher and Gerrard would fully appreciate having someone like Dalglish in charge.

I heard a few things about this situation and i think there are 3 main factors in this whole Liverpool manager situation and before i start this is my take on things and i don't mean to upset or anger anyone. The new owners either trust Hodgson or know nothing about football what so ever and i believe it be abit of both. People will say well the transfer window is open now so lets see who Hodgson buys, but we all know that Cemoli (sp) is the man behind the transfers from now on and no manager will get much of a say in transfers which is ok but that gives no reason for them to keep Hodgson unless like i say they know nothing about the game or they trust him. Another factor i see is that maybie people are looking at the job as a poisen chalace (sp), the new owners have already stated they are in this to make money just like the previous owners and look what happend there. If you are Vilas Boas or Klopp who both are at excellent teams and doing very well then why would you want to take a risk and jump ship to a team where at the moment nothing is guarrenteed.

I want to re-instate i am not digging any fans here and this is just my opinion, i would love to see if any fans agree with my point.

For your first point, I don't see how all the people say he couldn't do well, under what circumstances. Yes, he hasn't managed in years, but there are players who go straight into management who do very well. Plus, I only think he would be appointed under a Caretaker role.

Secondly, Comolli will obviously have a say in transfers [which i dont mind considering the possibilities and his track record], but the next manager will also, obviously, have a lead say in who they sign, which if it is Vilas, Hulk please. And although they are at bigger teams, Liverpool have more potential, a board who have said they want to run the club in a similar fashion to Arsenal, which is great considering their capabilities, only Arsene doesn't want to.

And yes, the board have said they want to turn it into a profit organization, well, don't see anything wrong with that, same as every other chairman, well maybe despite City's he has more money than sense. The old owners were arrogant so I don't see this heading down quite the same road, they didn't listen to the fans, broken promises etc etc. So hopefully there are no more broken promises around these parts.

Edit: Also, King Kenny, is a world wide known legend, not just in England. One of the greatest players in English football.

Last edited:
Yes he is a Liverpool legend but how many of Pools players would really know that much about Dalglish

are you serious?

The guy is a ******* Legend, not just in Scotland & Liverpool. he is known world wide as one of
the greatest players of all time.

I'm sure ALL Liverpool players know plenty about Kenny.

the new owners have already stated they are in this to make money just like the previous owners.

They have said they don't want to take any money out for years. I believe a figure quoted was over ten years.

For your first point, I don't see how all the people say he couldn't do well, under what circumstances. Yes, he hasn't managed in years, but there are players who go straight into management who do very well. Plus, I only think he would be appointed under a Caretaker role.

Secondly, Comolli will obviously have a say in transfers [which i dont mind considering the possibilities and his track record], but the next manager will also, obviously, have a lead say in who they sign, which if it is Vilas, Hulk please. And although they are at bigger teams, Liverpool have more potential, a board who have said they want to run the club in a similar fashion to Arsenal, which is great considering their capabilities, only Arsene doesn't want to.

And yes, the board have said they want to turn it into a profit organization, well, don't see anything wrong with that, same as every other chairman, well maybe despite City's he has more money than sense. The old owners were arrogant so I don't see this heading down quite the same road, they didn't listen to the fans, broken promises etc etc. So hopefully there are no more broken promises around these parts.

Edit: Also, King Kenny, is a world wide known legend, not just in England. One of the greatest players in English football.

are you serious?

The guy is a ******* Legend, not just in Scotland & Liverpool. he is known world wide as one of
the greatest players of all time.

I'm sure ALL Liverpool players know plenty about Kenny.

I never said he isen't well known, im just questioning how many players it will give a lift too. Maybie 2 players who grew up in Merseyside Carragher and Gerrard. Do you really see someone like Maxi Rodriguez or Martin Skrtel giving extra on the pitch because Dalglish would be manager? Im not saying Liverpool players won't know him but the modern day footballer dont bother learning much about teams history. Its like me saying we are going through a slump so why don't we bring Zola or Ron Harris as manager. It would be more for the fans that the players thats my point. Comoli has been bought in for 1 reason and 1 reason only, to buy players. Its the only reason Kenyon was at Chelsea and it worked to a point.

And another point, Dalglish is not that well known the further you reach out, as we know Pele likes to change his mind on who the best player ever was and he has never mentioned George Best so i dout he even knows much about Dalglish. He is a household name in England and Scotland granted but i think he would be out of his depth.

Last edited:
I can't understand why most pool fans want Dalglish to take over, its just a recipe for disaster. You say it would be best for the players but i fail to see how. Yes he is a Liverpool legend but how many of Pools players would really know that much about Dalglish and give them that much more drive. I would suspect only Carragher and Gerrard would fully appreciate having someone like Dalglish in charge.

Why would only Gerrard and Carragher care about having an intelligent, motivated, and tactically astute manager in charge?

Kenny Daglish would be the worst choice imo. He's been out of football for so long, (he's also said himself he's not kept up to date with the modern game) and it would signal a step backwards. He also isn't what NESV believe in so doubt it.

Ragnick or Boas for me

Dalglish has kept up with the modern game. Where has he said he hasn't?

Why would only Gerrard and Carragher care about having an intelligent, motivated, and tactically astute manager in charge?

Dalglish has kept up with the modern game. Where has he said he hasn't?

Dalglish has legendary status around Liverpool and deservidly so. But he has been out the game along time and alot has changed at management level. The only people Dalgish would have an influence on would be Carragher, Gerrard and the fans. Also how many times have you seen teams going back and how many times has it ended in tears. If Liverpool are waiting to replace Hodgson at the end of the season then i would keep him in charge and they let him go in the summer.

I never said he isen't well known, im just questioning how many players it will give a lift too. Maybie 2 players who grew up in Merseyside Carragher and Gerrard. Do you really see someone like Maxi Rodriguez or Martin Skrtel giving extra on the pitch because Dalglish would be manager? Im not saying Liverpool players won't know him but the modern day footballer dont bother learning much about teams history. Its like me saying we are going through a slump so why don't we bring Zola or Ron Harris as manager. It would be more for the fans that the players thats my point. Comoli has been bought in for 1 reason and 1 reason only, to buy players. Its the only reason Kenyon was at Chelsea and it worked to a point.

And another point, Dalglish is not that well known the further you reach out, as we know Pele likes to change his mind on who the best player ever was and he has never mentioned George Best so i dout he even knows much about Dalglish. He is a household name in England and Scotland granted but i think he would be out of his depth.

I do think it would lift them, he's a club legend, he is still within the club , they know him. And, when the other players, in particular the captain and his vice, everyone would get a lift.

Not quite the same, Dalglish has one a premier league trophy, Zola has struggled to stay in the premier league. Um,..... that proves very little, if anything at all. No one thinks Dalglish is the best player ever, so........

The only people Dalgish would have an influence on would be Carragher, Gerrard and the fans.

And the fans have an influence on all the players, no?

Now, just bear in mind that that this is my personal viewpoint of all this:

I think that, should Liverpool appoint Kenny Dalglish, they are taking a serious risk at a manager who has been out of the managerial game since his minor stint in Scotland with Celtic. The was appointed Director of Football, then manager and was already out of the door to make way for the then-up-and-coming manager Martin O'Neill. A domestic title to his credit, but appointing a legendary player at the helm is, the majority of the time, unlikely to make things better.

Sure, the fans love him, the players love him the red side of Merseyside will always know the name of Kenny Dalglish. But actually putting results on paper is where it will become difficult. Take for example Alan Shearer, when he took over his beloved Newcastle United in the fray of the battle to stay up, and the fans (who still today) want Mike Ashley gone. Given that Newcastle were already in hot water and Liverpool aren't as bad as Newcastle were, Shearer failed to make much of a difference, winning just one game in the eight that he had to save them.

Rangnick is a top coach. He is known around Europe as a proven manager and the four years he has spent at Hoffenheim has seen skip from Regionalliga Sud (German non-league) into the top flight of German football. In just three years. Before that, they were dwindling in the 5th and 6th tiers of German football. Now, they are a financially-strong club and good enough to contend for a spot in Europe with the right management. If not Rangnick, Villas Boas is a good person to appoint. He is also proven, but I am not going to go into extensive detail.

Managers that Liverpool shouldn't appoint are the likes of Martin O'Neill. No disrespect to the man, but his management style has been heavily criticised in the past, and quite rightly, for tactics that would simply go the opposite of Liverpool's preferred style. He would suit other teams, but not Liverpool.

I am not a Liverpool fan, but seeing Dalglish appointed would be a step into the wrong direction, and more than likely be going for the heart's desires, and not the head's.

Dalglish has legendary status around Liverpool and deservidly so. But he has been out the game along time and alot has changed at management level. The only people Dalgish would have an influence on would be Carragher, Gerrard and the fans. Also how many times have you seen teams going back and how many times has it ended in tears. If Liverpool are waiting to replace Hodgson at the end of the season then i would keep him in charge and they let him go in the summer.

He hasn't had a managerial job in a long time but it doesn't mean he hasn't kept himself up to date. You're making ridiculous assumptions.

I do think it would lift them, he's a club legend, he is still within the club , they know him. And, when the other players, in particular the captain and his vice, everyone would get a lift.

Not quite the same, Dalglish has one a premier league trophy, Zola has struggled to stay in the premier league. Um,..... that proves very little, if anything at all. No one thinks Dalglish is the best player ever, so........

I was just using Zola because he is regarded as Chelsea's best ever player. If anything Zola has been in the game more recently than Dalglish. My point is maninly because the game has changed so much and it could be catostrophic

And the fans have an influence on all the players, no?

Yer of corse they do, but as far as i know the fans arn't booing the players they are booing the manager. From what i have heard the fans have been as vocal as ever, i think the problem runs deeper.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

He hasn't had a managerial job in a long time but it doesn't mean he hasn't kept himself up to date. You're making ridiculous assumptions.

Im not saying its a dead cert he hasen't kept himself up to date. But imagine if he does worse than Hodgson, it would be like Argentina and Boca sacking Maradonna, he would lose a little bit of his hero status and the fans would be in uproar. I think just stick at it with Hodgson and replace him in the summer when more managers become avaiable.

Ragnick, Klopp or Vila - Boas for me. All known for playing wonderful football and they're all young, meaning they could be here for the next 10+ years. (something NESV want)

I was just using Zola because he is regarded as Chelsea's best ever player. If anything Zola has been in the game more recently than Dalglish. My point is maninly because the game has changed so much and it could be catostrophic

Yer of corse they do, but as far as i know the fans arn't booing the players they are booing the manager. From what i have heard the fans have been as vocal as ever, i think the problem runs deeper.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Im not saying its a dead cert he hasen't kept himself up to date. But imagine if he does worse than Hodgson, it would be like Argentina and Boca sacking Maradonna, he would lose a little bit of his hero status and the fans would be in uproar. I think just stick at it with Hodgson and replace him in the summer when more managers become avaiable.

Dalglish is in the game now, now is more recent.

Ragnick, Klopp or Vila - Boas for me. All known for playing wonderful football and they're all young, meaning they could be here for the next 10+ years. (something NESV want)

Just on the Boas thing, this is his first season in mangement so it would be a risk but if you were to get him at the end of the season i could see some logic in that. Let him have a full season at Porto, let him win things and then bring him in when he is at his best.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Dalglish is in the game now, now is more recent.

When i say in the game i mean in football management not on the board.

BOOM bang on. Either of those 3. VB, Rangnick or Klopp in that order.

Just on the Boas thing, this is his first season in mangement so it would be a risk but if you were to get him at the end of the season i could see some logic in that. Let him have a full season at Porto, let him win things and then bring him in when he is at his best.

That I agree, yes it would be a huge risk but there is a massive chance of it paying off. One of which I am willing to take.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

When i say in the game i mean in football management not on the board.

That's why I want Kenny on a Caretaker role.