Rangnick linked to Liverpool move

BOOM bang on. Either of those 3. VB, Rangnick or Klopp in that order.

That I agree, yes it would be a huge risk but there is a massive chance of it paying off. One of which I am willing to take.

Would you agree with me that appointing Dalglish would be more of a risk and if it didn't pay off it would put a little dent in the legendary status he has at Liverpool.

When you walk through the doors at Melwood there are famous quotes from Shankly alonside pictures of people like Kenny lifting the EPL and others. When the players walk through the doors everyday to go to training do you think that the have never noticed it, or all the songs with his name in. I read Torres' book and he mentions how much he admires Kenny and how a night when he had dinner with Kenny and other LFC legends was one of the most memorable moments in his footballing career.

I don't think you join a club and don't pay any attention to the history. And if you do pay any attention one name will crop up a whole lot. And the fact that the players would know him but not appreciate his influence is ridiculous. If your highly inspirational captain and vice-captain along with all your fan-base are excited by Kenny as manager then why wouldn't the rest of the dressing room. A feel good vibe spreads fast.

I would prefer a situation where Kenny is given the job until the end of the season. If he does well then offer it to him long-term that's if he wants it long-term. If not or if NESV want a younger manager as they say they do then bring in someone new preferably Villas-Boas of Rangnick.

Would you agree with me that appointing Dalglish would be more of a risk and if it didn't pay off it would put a little dent in the legendary status he has at Liverpool.

I believe it would be bit more of a risk, but to say he is out of touch with modern football is absurd. He does still have it I think, but I'd rather the risk was taken on someone who could stay as manager for years and years to come. Aka Villas Boas.

No. For me, he'll always be the biggest legend for me EVER. Whatever he does. For some fans who don't quite know what he did for the club, then maybe. But for those that know what he did for us, then nothing could tarnish his reputation.

That's why I want Kenny on a Caretaker role.

A caretaker is essentually the manager at that time, if and im saying if the results don't get much better with Dalglish and dare i say it even get worse then the every time the name Dalglish cropped up people would say "ah remember when he took over from Hodgson and done worse". I just think someone like Dalglish who has done wonders for Liverpool shouldnt do anything that could dent his legendary status at the club thats all.

Why does that matter if he loses some of his legendary status?

When you walk through the doors at Melwood there are famous quotes from Shankly alonside pictures of people like Kenny lifting the EPL and others. When the players walk through the doors everyday to go to training do you think that the have never noticed it, or all the songs with his name in. I read Torres' book and he mentions how much he admires Kenny and how a night when he had dinner with Kenny and other LFC legends was one of the most memorable moments in his footballing career.

I don't think you join a club and don't pay any attention to the history. And if you do pay any attention one name will crop up a whole lot. And the fact that the players would know him but not appreciate his influence is ridiculous. If your highly inspirational captain and vice-captain along with all your fan-base are excited by Kenny as manager then why wouldn't the rest of the dressing room. A feel good vibe spreads fast.

I would prefer a situation where Kenny is given the job until the end of the season. If he does well then offer it to him long-term that's if he wants it long-term. If not or if NESV want a younger manager as they say they do then bring in someone new preferably Villas-Boas of Rangnick.

But my point it Liverpool arn't going to get relegated no matter whoes in charge. But if you keep Hodgon in charge until the end of the season and he keeps getting good result then a bad result and playing poor football it would be better to let him take the slack as he will be out in the summer anyway than if you let Dalglish take over until the end of the season and he ends up taking some of the bad slack to his name.

A caretaker is essentually the manager at that time, if and im saying if the results don't get much better with Dalglish and dare i say it even get worse then the every time the name Dalglish cropped up people would say "ah remember when he took over from Hodgson and done worse". I just think someone like Dalglish who has done wonders for Liverpool shouldnt do anything that could dent his legendary status at the club thats all.

In my opinion and hopefully the opinions of many other Liverpool fans nothing could dent his reputation. If anything it's a big thing for him to come and some may say rescue this current team. If he gives it a go and fails then fair play to him he attemped to save the club he loves.

IMO nothing can dent the reputation of King Kenny

Why does that matter if he loses some of his legendary status?

Because he dosen't deserve that. Why not just let Hodgson keep taking the slack until the end of the season and then replace him. Then you get a new manager and possibly a new start in the summer and Dalglish's name dosen't get dragged through the mud at all.

Rangnick is a real football 'nerd' he studies every aspect of the game and his tactical analysis is superb the only question marks in germany is his man management style
No doubt though he is one of Europes hottest coaching properties
Lets face it he wouldn't do a roy and pack 8 men behind the ball and play two banks of four against EVERYONE. God I hate Hodgson.
If not Rangnick then for me it would have to be....Steve Mclaren!

In my opinion and hopefully the opinions of many other Liverpool fans nothing could dent his reputation. If anything it's a big thing for him to come and some may say rescue this current team. If he gives it a go and fails then fair play to him he attemped to save the club he loves.

IMO nothing can dent the reputation of King Kenny

I know its easy to say that now, but the papers and the media in this country are a powefull thing and they would drag him down just like they are with Hodgson at the moment. Dalglish dosen't deserve that, he deserves his name to be squeeky clean as a legend at the club and a man who gave you good times not the man who took over after Hodgson and done just as bad or worse than him.

Because he dosen't deserve that. Why not just let Hodgson keep taking the slack until the end of the season and then replace him. Then you get a new manager and possibly a new start in the summer and Dalglish's name dosen't get dragged through the mud at all.

The point in appointing Kenny, is to improve the squad's performances. If he doesn't do so, so be it, we can then think about next year.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I know its easy to say that now, but the papers and the media in this country are a powefull thing and they would drag him down just like they are with Hodgson at the moment. Dalglish dosen't deserve that, he deserves his name to be squeeky clean as a legend at the club and a man who gave you good times not the man who took over after Hodgson and done just as bad or worse than him.

No one really cares what the media's opinions are on players/managers/anyone. His name will always be squeaky clean in Liverpool. Not quite thinking he will do bad, which is why we want him hired.

Why not just appoint someone like Ragnick and then give Kenny a more hands on approach at melwood, so he could explain stuff about Liverpool etc.

For me the best choice would be Jocahim Loew. Dunno If I spelt his name right

The media haven't dragged Roy down. They have been suprisingly quiet. It's the power of the fan's coming through. Things like twitter have enabled fans to get thier opinions across clearer and it's been obvious with the so called fall of Roy that "Fan-Power" has alot to do with it. Look at the Bolton game for example, Anfield is full at almost everygame. When 10,000 fans don't turn up they must be trying to say something. No owners no matter how oblivious to football ethics can ignore that.

Why would Kenny want the job? He was giving the task to appoint a new manager and picked Roy? Why didnt he just put himself up for it the 1st place?

Gotta say, i can see where Cjacko11 is coming from. the only thing i disagree on is where he says liverpool wont get relegated. Given liverpools current tally, the performances, and the alarming way that roy's teams drop off in the second half of the season, liverpool are in relegation form. Rangnick would be a great choice for a long term vision of the club

Why would Kenny want the job? He was giving the task to appoint a new manager and picked Roy? Why didnt he just put himself up for it the 1st place?

No he never. He admitted he wanted the job, and he was never asked to pick a manager...