Reaction score
Hey! So, I've given up on my other story 'Destination: The top'. I've decided to start this new one.

The beginning

images

"YES! I WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE!"
I screamed as I told the lads I was happy with their performance, and waited for the game to process, Football Manager was a great way to pass the time. Second Premier League title in a row with York, IN 7 YEARS! Some achievement. I always thought about managing a real side seeing as my footballing career didn't lift off because of the ligament damage to my knee at 21 ruined it. I was playing for Hull City all that 10 years ago in League 2. The club I'd always loved! Seeing them finally being promoted to the Premier League a few years back was great, sadly we were relegated soon after. I had big things ahead of me as a player, I had also made it into the Scottish squad a few times, making an appearance from the bench, Craig Brown always said he seen something in me and wanted to have the side work around me in a few years. Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle had made offers for me. Then I was hit with injury. I'm now 31, helping out the under 16's Hull City side after completing my FA Youth modules one and two. I had scheduled to move on to some UEFA coaching qualifications in the following month. I was excited and I could look ahead to becoming a real manager afterwards. With the Hull 16's we managed to win the Yorkshire KO cup and the Yorkshire League recently. I was a Scot who stayed in Hull instead of going back home, I enjoyed it here. I was offered the 16's job a few years back after getting close to the manager at that time, Phil Brown. Here I am now, sitting at my one bedroomed apartment playing football manager, winning my second Premier League title with York City.

images

Last edited:
"Well done, Mr MacNab! You have successfully completed the UEFA pro license course. Well done!" Alex, my instructer shook my hand and wished me all the best for the future. I arrived back in Hull a few hours later. I got home, slumped on my couch and I stuck on Sky Sports News. Woah! Wait, what.
sky-sports-news-logo-1.png

Barmby leaves Hull
_59413061_barmbymap.jpg

Adam Leventhal: "Hull City manager Nick Barmby has left his post at the KC Stadium due to a dissagreement with the Hull chairman Assem Allam. The Egyptian owner did not take to kindly to the manager Nick Barmby criticising the chairman's way about the transfer market. "

Skybet odds for next manager:

Phil Brown
3/1

Michael Appleton
5/1

Brian Horton
7/1

Steve Wigley
12/1

Woah! That wasn't something I'd expected, nor wanted but it wouldn't be a bad idea if Phil Brown came in, a good mate of mine. That night I lay in bed, thinking of Hull and everything else.

*Brrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiing Brrrrrrrrrrrrrriing*

"Uh hello?" Who'd be calling at the back of eleven?

"Hello, Joe? It's me Adam, Adam Pearson. The director of football here at Hull" He replied, I felt excited, nervous and everything. Was I going to be asked to leave the 16's? Or what?

"Hello, good to speak to you, Adam. How can I help you?"

"Well, Nick Barmby recommended you. After Allem sacked him, I asked him who he thought would be the right man to take us forward. He said you." I was flattered, I felt my cheeks go red but what was he suggesting

"Yeah? Well?" I asked in return.

"Come in tomorrow at ten, to speak over a contract. Okay? Have a good sleep." With that he hung up. Now, I couldn't sleep. I sat up rubbed my eyes and let out a loudYIPPEE. Although, I knew I couldn't get ahead of myself, the talks could slip away through my fingers.

The time finally came, I was sitting in a comfortable cushioned seat outside Adam Pearson's office. The door opened and he ushered me in. I sat down and he poured me a cup of black coffee. He took a seat opposite me.

"Now, Joe. How would you feel about managing Hull? It's a big step up from the under 16's haha!"
He joked.

"I understand that, Mr Pearson. It's the club I love. It's the club I played for before I was injured"
I responded, chocking on my words with nerves.

"Of course, which was a shame, you had such a good career ahead of you. Anyway, back to business. Where'd you see this club in... Let's say 5 years?" The words I heard from so many people 'you had' but I didn't. I was injured and what was meant to be was meant to be!

"Hopefully in the Premier League, Adam! Nothing more, nothing less."

"I like your ambition, what would you say to a two year deal, at around 10k a week?" He responded confidently

"Pffffft, that's more than I could ask for! Give me the contract!"
I laughed excitedly like a child on Christmas.

Weekly Wage: £9,750Expires: 30.6.2013
League ExpectationsTop half finish

Sign here: JOE MACNAB

"Now of course, Joe. We don't have much money available. So you'll have a struggle to bring players in, so you'll have to do with the pool of players at Hull City! We'll announce you to the media this evening. So, be here for 5:30." He added.

We shook hands and that was that, I was the Hull City boss!

200px-Hull_City_AFC.png

I arrived back at the KC to meet the press. I was told what I could and could not say and that was that. We walked out to flashing camera's and a little bit of clapping.

Adam Pearson: We can now tell you that the man to take us forward is Joe MacNab! You may now ask questions.

Journalist: Mr MacNab, from my understanding you had quite a career to live before injuring yourself all them ten years ago. How do you feel being named manager of the club you love?

Me: First off all, I didn't injure myself. The big centre back did! Haha, but yes I feel great being named the new Hull City boss, it's the club I love!

Journalist: Nick Barmby, a Hull legend, left on quite poor terms with the owner. What's your relationship with both Hassam Allem and director of football Adam Pearson?

Me: We have a good relationship, yes! Not much else to say.

Journalist: What's your ambition for this club?

Me: Well, to get to the top! Realistically though, the Premier League in the next few years would be good.

Journalist: And this year? What's your aims?

Me: To have a good finish in the league. If everything goes really well we could aim for a top 6 finish.

Journalist: You'll need to make a few signings to get there of course. Who's on your shortlist?

Me: There's a few, and we won't make any of them public.

Journalist: You're rumoured to be interested in experienced central midfielder, Guti. What's the truth behind it?

Adam Pearson: Mr MacNab has answered enough questions. He'll be available pitchside within the hour.

That went well! Woo.

Transfers
IN

Geremi - free - The experienced central midfielder will be more than crucial to results this season.

Transfers
OUT

Mark Cullen - Loan - Huddersfield - Nothing special and just takes up space and costs about 10k a week on wages.

Lee Cooper - Ln Free 50k - Derby - A young centre back who could have made a break through this season but I feel there's better and enough already here.

I managed to fend of some big clubs coming in for my big players! Like Wolfsburg swooping for Robert Koren, and Swansea trying to bring in Liam Rosenoir.

Pre-season 11/12

Hamilton 1-1 Hull City

Hull City 0-3 Liverpool

Rochdale 2-2 Hull City

Hull City 3-1 North Ferriby

Hull City 3-0 Winterton

Not much to comment on, could have been better but I'll take it.

HULL CITY

HULL_CITY_CREST.jpg

FACTFILE

FOUNDED

NICKNAME
THE TIGERS

RIVALS
Sheffield United, Leeds, Scunthorpe, Grimsby.

MEDIA PREDICTION
15th

Last edited:
With pre-season over, it was time to get the league and early rounds of the cup underway. There was also some transfer news, we had agreed to sign Granada central midfielder Rico at the end of the season for £1,000,000!

CH: Cardiff 3-1 Hull

They went 1-0 with a corner, horrendous defending to say the least. There second was a screamer from about 25 yards! Gutted though, we had two goals wrongly dissallowed then they put the sword to stone late on with a goal that was clearly offside!

League Cup first round:
Rotherham 1 - 4 Hull
Simpson(2)
Fryatt(1)
Dawson(1)

Nothing less than expected.

CH: Hull 2 - 1 Barnsley
Cairney(1)
O.G(1)

We played them of the park, I'm pleased with the performance, but the defence looked vulnerable a few times. Mannone making key saves a number of times.

CH: West Ham 0 - 0 Hull City

A fine result, we held them of really well! The boys should be proud. Mannone looked confident and made key saves again.

CH: Hull 4 - 0 Doncaster
Simpson(1)
Hobbs(1)
Fryatt(1)
Koren(1)

An impressive victory. 4-0 by half time, hopefully we could have added a few more but it wasn't to be. Docaster were ripped to shreds.

League Cup second round:
Wycombe 1 - 2 Hull (aet)
Fryatt(1)
O.G(1)

Through to the next round which is good! Should have performed better as a whole though. No need for extra time against a side from a lower division.

CH: Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Hull
Hobbs(1)

A brilliant 1-0 victory. The defence held together well and the team knocked it about well. Manonne doing excellent.

CH: Hull 2 - 0 Coventry
Koren(1)
Hobbs(1)

Another victory, continuing to play well.

League table after 6 games...

Leagueafter6.png

*Awarded by me*

Hull's Player of the month

2963868.png

Jack Hobbs - 3 goals - 1 assist

A solid start for Jack at the back and looked dangerous from almost every set peice.

Good start and unlucky on your old story, how well did your team react to your team talks in the last one as then I might be able to see where it went wrong.

September

CH: Crystal Palace 1 - 4 Hull
Simpson(2(1pen))
Brady(1)​

Another nice victory, defence looked solid but struggled to cope with Wilfried Zaha's pace on several occasions.

Next in the league was a top of the table class with league leaders, Southampton...
CH: Hull 1 - 1 Southampton
Simpson(1)​

I'll take that, shamefully we couldn't hold our lead. The defence held together well and Vito Manonne made some fantastic saves.

Matty Fryatt returns from a 3/4 week injury as Jay Simpson injures himself in training.
League Cup third round:
Hull 2 - 1 Leicester
Cairney(1)
Fryatt(1)​
Through to the next round of the cup after a respectable performance! We were drawn Liverpool in the 4th round. It was also good for Matty Fryatt to score on his return!​

CH: Hull 0 - 0 Peterborough

Not good. Congested fixtures meant the players were knackered then Koren came of injured with about 20 minutes to go, meaning we finished with 10 men after using all our substitutes. I felt we'd have won the game if Koren stayed on the pitch, or anyone for that matter.

Even worse news, the team physio came to me post match to tell me keyman Koren would be out for 4/5 months!

CH: Hull 2 - 1 Leeds
Hobbs(1)
Fryatt(1)​

An important 3 points picked up. Coming from 1-0 down too! Definitely a difference without influencial playmaker Robert Koren on the park!

A brilliant run though, a good month. Shamefully we'll be without Robert Koren till January/Febuary and it may take him time to get back into the side. It's hard to tell if we'll keep this up or not. We'll find out soon.

Player of the month:
3525627.png

Jack Hobbs - 1 goal - 0 assist​

Another storming month for the central defender. Looking very strong and solid at the back.

October

CH: Burnley 2 - 0 Hull

We simply did not perform. We couldn't string 3 passes together apart from when James Harper played it back and fourth with the keeper for about 3 minutes! Useless.

CH: Ipswich 1 - 2 Hull
Hobbs(1)
Devitt(1)​

An exceptional victory. Playing without Fryatt also this game. Hobbs scored from a set peice then in injury time Jamie Devitt from the reserves steps in and grabs the winner after everyone wasting chance after chance!

Jay Simpson and Joe Dudgeon return from injury.
CH: Hull 1 - 0 Portsmouth
Fryatt(1)​

A good win, a deserved win. We never allowed Portsmouth into the game, so we controlled from the start.

CH: Brighton 1 - 3 Hull
Brady(2)
Hobbs(1)​

It wasn't even a good performance, I mean, it wasn't bad but we just never controlled the game, a wins a win though. MORE injury news as Geremi is out for 5 weeks.

CH: Hull 4 - 1 Nottm Forrest
Simpson(1)
Fryatt(2)
Hobbs(1)​

A storming performance. After going 1-0 we responded remarkably, picking up the 3 points. Simpson equalised just before half time, thundering it in from 6 yards, before Fryatt made it 2-1 to top of an absolutely brilliant peice of passing. Hobbs scored another goal from another corner

League Cup fourth round:
Hull 2 - 1 Liverpool
Simpson(2)
A VICTORY! What an upset.​
A strong Liverpool side, met a weakened Hull side due to injuries. Liverpool went ahead very early on. The equaliser came soon after, Stewarts cross came of a LFC defender and went in. An incisive break away with 20 minutes to go put us 2-1 up.

We drew Birmingham in the quarters.

CH: Hull 0 - 1 Leicester

A more than dissapointing display from the tigers. We just never got into the game and you can tell there struggling with the congested fixtures.

A good month, shame we lost to Leicester but through to the next round of the league cup after knocking out a strong Liverpool side makes up for it.

Top half after October...

Tophalfafteroctober.png

Player of the month:
3562684346-26102011131717.jpg

Jack Hobbs - 3 goals - 0 assists

Third time in a row he's stood out the most for me. Solid at the back and looked dangerous from set pieces, again

Last edited:
November

"Well, Joe. How do you feel about the season so far?" Assem Allem asked as he poured a cup of black coffee

"It's been good, the side are playing well and the league table and results show that."

"We agree, we just hope we can keep it up and now, promotion is a real possibility." He responded. Putting me under a little pressure before Adam Pearson the director of football stepped in.

"We must not get ahead of ourselves. We said at the start of the season a top half finish. Aiming for promotion in about 3 years."

"Of course. Just letting Joe know we're happy with the teams performances." Assem Allam added, remembering the agreement and pre season expectations.

CH: Reading 6 - 1 Hull
Stewart(1)​
Played like a ****** side battling to stay in the divison, passing was off, defensively poor and couldn't hit the target. Some major problems needing ironed out.
Dudgeon, Dawson and Fryatt both miss our next match through suspension, also. Thoroughly ****** off. The defence and keeper have looked solid all ****** season!

Beyond the joke now though, 5 first team/bench players out injured, 3 now out with suspension! We have a bunch of our under 18's on the bench!

CH: Millwall 3 - 1 Hull
Brady(1)​
With inexperienced Tom Bennet getting sent off after 30 seconds of the first half I had a feeling things would go wrong from here, the team reacted well and we went 1-0 quickly afterwards. It didn't last as they equalised. Then went 2-1 up! God **** it, as simple as they liked 3-1.
After dropping to 7th, we play Bristol City, who sit above us in the table. Not expecting anything due to these results.

CH: Hull 0 - 3 Bristol City

Utterly useless

CH: Hull 1 - 2 Blackpool
McLean(1)​

A better performance that was bettered by Blackpool, who are now sitting even further ahead of us.

CH: Hull 1 - 4 Birmingham
Fryatt(1)​

After going 1-0 up, Birmingham stormed us. Ran us off the park. Useless.

Slowly losing it, letting it slip from beneath us!

Poorrun.png

So, we beat a strong Premier League side then start losing! How? We need to pick it up or any chance of promotion this year is gone, gone, gone!

None of our players stood out for a player of the month.

Bad luck that month, but hopefully your players will step up and lead you to promotion! KUTGW

DECEMBER

CH: Derby 1 - 1 Hull
Fryatt(1)​

D'awww! Couldn't keep the lead. Atleast we didn't lose. I suppose.

LEAGUE CUP QUARTER FINAL:
Birmingam 0 - 6 Hull
Fryatt(1)
Brady(1)
Cairney(3(1 pen))
Simpson(1)​
We were 2-0 up within 3 minutes! 5-0 by half time. A brilliant win! How we managed it I'll never know. We dominated in every aspect of the game. Very happy.

CH: Hull 2 - 0 Watford
Fryatt(2)​

A fine victory, we just need to keep winning and we'll be in the top 6.

CH: Hull 0 - 2 Cardiff

****! 2-0 down at half time, so stupid. Just allowing them to come at us. With there 2 shots on target they scored! Marshal made save after blooming save.

CH: Hull 3 - 1 West Ham
Stewart(1)
Hobbs(1)
Fyatt(1)​
A brilliant turnaround. 1-0 down at half time and we just ran them of the park. Brilliant.

CH: Barnsley 0 - 3 Hull
Hobbs(2)
Cairney(1)​
A comfortable win, played them of the park! Looking good at the moment.

Player of the month:

8af4b1d0-3769-4900-9732-23981bc9cdbf_fa02ac52-9916-4363-9168-ec97de26de2f.jpg

Tom Cairney - 4 goals - 1 assist

The youngster bossed the midfielder and made several key passes.​

January

I fine month, including a few transfers. Robbie Brady was brought in permantly for 500k. Also, a youngster from Everton, Conor McAleny for absolutely nothing!

CH: Doncaster 0 - 3 Hull
Fryatt(3)​
A easy win, Fryatt's hat trick was good, although he wasted many chances!

FA Cup 3rd round:
Stevenage - Hull
Postponed.

League Cup semi-final first leg:
Bristol City 0 - 2 Hull
Simpson(1)
Fryatt(1)

One step closer, boys! A good win, controlled throughout.

CH: Hull 2 - 2 Middlesbrough
Hobbs(1)
Fryatt(1)​

Not good enough. Lucky to get a point! Played poor, very poor.

FA Cup 3rd Round:
Stevenage 0 - 0 Hull

A bore draw, no team ever got going.

FA Cup 3rd round replay:
Hull 1 - 2 Stevenage
Fryatt(1)​

Deary deary me. Not good enough. No special FA cup run then.

League Cup semi-final second leg:
(2) Hull 2 - 0 Bristol City (0)
Agg: 4-0 Hull
Koren(1)
Stewart(1)
Dominated the game, made it look easy. WE'RE IN THE FINAL! GET IN! Something we've never done before. We'll be meeting West Brom at Wembley in a months time.

Player of the Month:

Hull-Citys-Matty-Fryatt-005.jpg

Matty Fryatt - 2 assists - 6 goals
The striker had a brilliant month in front of goal and helped us on our way towards a good month.