Re-Lighting the fire at Elland Road - A Leeds Story

Schneiderlin is a god. Awesome player. How tf you got him and only for 6.5m is beyond me (playing as S'oton and rejecting 15m bids in 2nd season from PSG!)

Yeah i still can't actually believe i pulled it off. I think he was unhappy for whatever reason and i made a cheeky bid, think they only wanted 6.5m for him which is crazy in itself.

sorry if this was asked but what skin in that you use?

I'm not actually sure mate, it's one of Alavanjra if that's how you spell it. I'll check when i load up FM a bit later on.

I'll have February uploaded tonights everybody :)

View attachment 472132

February Fixtures & Results

Leeds meet rivals Chelsea in FA Cup clash at Stamford Bridge
Leeds maintain unbeaten run in Sky Bet Championship
Becchio leads the line by example

View attachment 472131
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Nottm Forest
2:0
Luciano Becchio(21,25)

View attachment 472130
Sky Bet Championship
Birmingham vs Leeds
0:1
Luciano Becchio(45+1)

View attachment 472129
FA Cup 5th Round
Chelsea vs Leeds(Rival Match)
0:2
Luke Varney(21), Jason Pearce(35)

View attachment 472128
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Middlesbrough
Luciano Becchio(9,37)

View attachment 472127MCKERGANS MEN DRAW READING IN FA CUP 6TH ROUND
AT ELLAND ROAD

Having dumped 3 premiership teams out of the FA Cup so far Leeds United find themselves drawn against someone in the same league as them when they take on Reading. Having just recently been relegated from the premiership the challenge is still there for Mckergans Leeds to come through this tricky task. It will be made that little bit easier with the fixture being played in front of the Elland Road faithful.

Leeds vs Reading - Head to Head table

View attachment 472126
Having beat them in both encounters in the league so far this season, hopefully we can come through this one fine. With the FA Cup though, you just never know?

FA Cup - Sixth Round Draw

View attachment 472125
Atleast Arsenal and United have been drawn against other so that's a bonus which means one of them is going out. Spurs and Liverpool also have the potential to meet so that could be another big team out. If the draw goes our way there's no reason why we can't progress. It'll be a tough task though and I'm suprised we've reached this far in the competition.

February Summary

An amazing month! We won all of our games and didn't concede any in the process. We scored 7 in total, conceded 0. Very impressive especially considering the sides we came up against. The Chelsea game? Wow! An unexpected result to say the least which sees us reach the next round of the FA Cup where we meet Reading in the next round. Hopefully we can progress, even if we do though, it'll be tough to go further.

Sky Bet Championship Table

View attachment 472124
This season really couldn't be going much better. Unbeaten in the last 2 months in all competitions we've been playing great. With the league we're in, it makes it all that bit better as anyone can take points off each other. Hopefully we can carry this form on into our next fixtures, win the league and progress as far as possible in the FA Cup.

February Player of the Month

View attachment 472123Luciano Becchio

Without his goals, were would we be? He's scored 5 in 4 games this month and he's proving to be an amazing coup for the championship. A permanent deal may be on the horizon if he carrys on with this form.

February Player of the Month

View attachment 385432Luciano Becchio

Without his goals, were would we be? He's scored 5 in 4 games this month and he's proving to be an amazing coup for the championship. A permanent deal may be on the horizon if he carrys on with this form.

Dont do it mate. He might be doing very well for you in the Champo but you ll deffo get promoted to the EPL where your money will be best used to attract better players (and there are loads in FM13 who are much better and buyable/loanable by a team such as Leeds in the second season).

Dont do it mate. He might be doing very well for you in the Champo but you ll deffo get promoted to the EPL where your money will be best used to attract better players (and there are loads in FM13 who are much better and buyable/loanable by a team such as Leeds in the second season).

Cheers for the advice mate. I was just wondering because it was in my head. He definitely is ripping the championship a new one though :)

Cheers for the advice mate. I was just wondering because it was in my head. He definitely is ripping the championship a new one though :)

It depends on:

1. His price.
2. His age.
3. His stats.
4. Your budget

But Ill give you an example: MACHEDA on loan would be miles better.

Feels weird helping a Leeds fan btw ((6)) -IF you are a Leeds fan!

It depends on:

1. His price.
2. His age.
3. His stats.
4. Your budget

But Ill give you an example: MACHEDA on loan would be miles better.

Feels weird helping a Leeds fan btw ((6)) -IF you are a Leeds fan!

Yeah i know what you mean. From what i remember when i loaned him they wanted 1.8m or something. Can't remember off hand.

Nah I'm not a Leeds fan, you don't have to worry about that ;) Thought i'd pick them just and try and take them back to the top

Hi guys,

Haven't really been active much on here the past while as regards story wise, but I'm back now and will be doing regular updates hopefully in trying to get Leeds into the prem! :)

View attachment 469904

March, April, May Fixtures & Results

Leeds dumped out of FA Cup by Reading in 6th Round at home
Leeds pick up points when it matters most
Mckergans' men celebrate Sky Bet Championship promotion

View attachment 469897Sky Bet Championship
Doncaster vs Leeds
1:3
Noel Hunt(43,45+2,90+3)

View attachment 469896
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Watford
Aidan White(65), Noel Hunt(90+4)

View attachment 469895
FA Cup 6th Round
Leeds vs Reading
M.Schneiderlin(pen 90+3) Michael Brown sent off (66)

View attachment 469894Sky Bet Championship
Derby vs Leeds
Dedryck Boyata(22), Ross McCormack(56), Giannis Fetfatzidis(61)

View attachment 469893
Sky Bet Championship
Leicester vs Leeds
3:3
Luke Varney(6,45+1), Matty Taylor(67)

View attachment 469892
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Bournemouth
1:0
Dedryck Boyata(38)

View attachment 469891
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Ipswich
1:2
Luke Varney(10)

View attachment 469890Sky Bet Championship
Yeovil vs Leeds
1:2
Noel Hunt(8,90+1)

View attachment 469889
Sky Bet Championship
Huddersfield vs Leeds
1:0
None

View attachment 469867
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Q.P.R.
3:4
Dedryck Boyata(4), Noel Hunt(42), Rodolph Austin(75)

View attachment 469865
Sky Bet Championship
Charlton vs Leeds
3:2
Tom Hateley(3), Jason Pearce(32)

March, April, May Summary

So, i decided to give you all three months to end the season as there was only 3/4 games in the final two months. A fairly up and down month to be honest. We won the Sky Bet Championship at a canter as you can see below in the league table but to go out of the FA Cup to someone in the same league and below us was majorly disappointing, especially after beating premier league teams including Chelsea to reach that far.

We had the league won after the game against Bournemouth and it definitely showed in our performances after that game. We were awful to be honest and didn't really deserve to get anything from the following games we were that bad. Having Becchio on the sidelines definitely didn't help after being ruled out for 3 months. It's definitely something that will need sorted in the summer because we've relied on him too much.

Sky Bet Championship League Table

View attachment 469864
CHAMPIONSSSSS!!! We are finally back in the big time.

We took this league by storm and won it by a massive 17 points and a superior goal difference to anyone else in and around us. I would hate to be in Blackburn's shoes right now, not in the play-offs through goal difference would be awful. Another season in the championship for me.

It's now time to build for the Premier League and try and secure life in the top division next season.

Player of the past 3 Months

View attachment 469863Dedryck Boyata

The young defender played very well this month when he was called upon when Pearce got injured. A very successful for the young centre half, much more than what was expected.

End of Season review should hopefully be up later tonight after football training.

View attachment 469763

End of Season Review

Here's a look at the final league table in the Sky Bet Championship...

View attachment 469762
So, as i said before in the previous post, really pleased with our performances in the league this season when we were only predicted to finish 6th if i remember correctly. We did take the league by storm though going on crazy unbeaten runs shattering records in the process.

It could be a season too soon for us to go up but i really can't complain, only time will tell. One things for sure, we will need to improve our squad/starting 11 and it's something i'll be looking to do as soon as possible.

Sky Bet Championship Overview - Stat Report

View attachment 469761
As you can see, Luciano Becchio was our clear top performer in the league and was also our top goalscorer, however, he got injured for 3 months and it saw Grant Holt take over him in the goalscoring charts. Becchio also had the highest shot on target ratio beating everyone else by a country mile.

From this, you can also see where the majority of our goals come from, down the wings with Matty Taylor and Giannis Fetfatzidis providing the assists. Not a bad return from your wingers.

View attachment 469275
The screenshot above shows the Premiership and the Championship promotions and relegations. Basically an overview of what happened in the season past.

Player Stats for the Season 12/13

View attachment 469760Sorted by Avg. Rating

Top Performer(Highest Avg.Rating) - Luciano Becchio
Top Goalscorer(All competitions) - Luciano Becchio
Hottest Prospect/s - Sam Byram/Aidan White
Dirtiest Player - Rodolph Austin - He just can't tackle :)
Signing of the Season - Morgan Schneiderlin

Players Select Team of the Year

View attachment 469759
Matty Taylor was the only player to be named in the Players' Select Team of the Year

Managers' Player of the Season

View attachment 469758
Luciano Becchio

Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Year

View attachment 469757McKergan scoops award for Manager of the Year in Championship

Final Thoughts..?

An incredible start to my managerial career in charge of Leeds. I said i would take them back to the big time, playing with the big boys, the Chelseas', Man.Uniteds' Liverpools'. This is our time, and our time is NOW!

Last edited:
View attachment 468851
LEEDS UNITED ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE OUR FIRST TWO SUMMER SIGNINGS
FOR THE PREMIER LEAGUE CAMPAIGN NEXT SEASON

Jozy Altidore - From Sunderland - 5M Fee
View attachment 468850
Signed from recently relegated Sunderland from the Premiership, this is a striker with bags of talent and if he can get his head right can be a real force for any team. With his strength/power up top, he'll prove a force to be reckoned with and cause problems all day long. The fee may be a little steep, however, i think he'll pay in back in no time(hopefully)

Matt Phillips - From Blackpool - 1.1M Fee
View attachment 468849
Blackpool were relegated from the championship last season so i couldn't resist going in for Matt Phillips after hearing good things from people on FM Base. He's got bags of talent and at only 22 has a huge amount of time to improve his game. If not, he could easily be sold on at a profit. I was in the bidding for Tom Ince too, but he chose Fulham over me, probably because of wages and the stature of their club.

A statement from the club reads:

"We are absolutely delighted that Jozy and Matt has decided to join this wonderful crop of players in their journey through the premier league campaign next season. They will bring a lot of assets to our club, that we maybe didn't have before."

"It is also worth nothing that these two signings will not effect the clubs budget for next season. These purchases were sanctioned with last seasons transfer budget in mind"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A lonnggggg pre season will follow with games against the likes of Anderlect,Lille,Villarreal, FC Bayern II. Among all of this, we tour Ireland. It really is a huge pre season in terms of fixtures.

Last edited:
View attachment 389489
LEEDS ANNOUNCE TRIPLE SIGNINGS BEFORE START
OF PRE-SEASON FIXTURES

Alberto Paloschi - From AC Milan - 1.3M Fee
View attachment 468276
At only 23 the super Italian will definitely prove a hit at Elland Road as he completes our strike force for the season. He and Altidore will have to form a partnership fast during pre season if we are to have any chance of staying up this season. Hopefully they can and we have no problems this season. At a small fee of only 1.3M it could prove to be a very good bargain.

Ruben Rochina - From Blackburn - 4M Fee
View attachment 468275
A young Spanish magician joins the ranks at Leeds in a fee worth 4M. He's a young player who can play all across the front 4 and at only 22 has loads of room to improve. Hopefully he can make the step up to the Premiership this season having been in the Championship with Blackburn. I can't see this being a problem though. What this also gives us more importantly is options up top. We have Paloschi, Altidore and Rochina as new signings playing for two spots along with the strikers currently at the club.

Diego Buonanotte - From Granada - 65K Loan Fee (2M Future Fee)
View attachment 468263
Diego could possibly be a guy not many have heard of. We were in desperate need for someone to fill the No.10 role and he was the guy i come across and at a snip. He'll hopefully improve our creativity in the final third with two strikers ahead of him. With his pace/flair he should be able to make runs beyond the two strikers and score a few this season. All being well, if he performs like i know he can, he'll earn a contract for a few years having already agreed a few of 2M with Granada for the players services. He will however be competing with Ruben Rochina and Giannis Fetfatzidis who we already have at the club.

These 3 signings take our recruitment to a total of 5 which include those of Jozy Altidore and Matt Phillips. Going by our signings so far, it looks as if were going to have a really young squad for the season ahead and maybe some experience is needed in there to take us over the line this year to safety.

Players on their way out before Pre Season

Adam Drury - To Inverness CT - 70K
Michael Brown - Free Transfer
Charlie Clamp - Free Transfer
Ross Killock - Free Transfer
Simon Lenighan - Free Transfer
Lewis Turner - Free Transfer
Nathan Turner - Free Transfer
Joe McCann - Free Transfer

All of the above weren't needed and not in the first team plans so were either let them go on a free transfer or were sold on.

Fixtures for Pre Season

Anderlecht - Home
Leeds Reserves - Home
Viktoria Plzen - Home
FC Bayern II - Home

Tour of Ireland

Shamrock Rovers - Away
Bohemians - Away
Monaghan Utd - Away

Remaining Fixtures

LOSC Lille - Home
Woking - Away
Villarreal - Home
Hull Tigers - Away
Velez - Home

So, a huge schedule ahead for pre season. The thinking here was i wanted to make sure the players got used to the new tactic being implemented for the season. What's more, for the new players to gel with the current crop of players we have. The downside of the majority of the pre season is, we don't have Jozy Altidore, one of our new summer signings which is a big loss as i wanted to try and get him and Paloschi used to playing up front together. They will have a few games towards the end of pre season though.

Next up, we'll have the results of pre season and possibly another couple of signings and players leaving the club.

Thanks to anyone who is reading by the way, i appreciate it and please comment if you want anything changed as regards layout.

View attachment 468042

Pre Season Fixtures & Results

Strong pre season sets Leeds on their way
Mckergan finalises two more deals

View attachment 468023
Pre Season Friendly
Leeds vs Anderlecht
2:3
Luke Varney (20,52)

This was a match were we simply couldn't put away our chances. We actually controlled the game for most parts and had the more shots on target but it wasn't to be. Anderlecht are a very good side who regularly play champions league football so it's not a result to be ashamed about.
Buonanotte, Rochina and Paloschi all started this game, however failed to set the world alite with their performances.

View attachment 468019
Pre Season Friendly
Leeds vs Leeds Res.
4:0
Noel Hunt(4,13) Giannis Fetfatzidis(42), Tom Hateley(73)

This was an expected win and nothing less would of been acceptable. We dominated from start to finish with 64% possession and a bundle of chances to score even more. Aidan White turned in a man of the match performance with two assists.

View attachment 468015
Pre Season Friendly
Leeds vs Viktoria Plzen
3:0
Alberto Paloschi(16), Ruben Rochina(70,75)

This was a fairly even game in terms of possession but we dominated as regards shots and shots on targets. They were very limited in that area and we restricted them to 3 efforts all game, only 1 being on target. This was compared to our 17 shots, 7 on target. Ruben Rochina got the man of the match award with 2 goals.

View attachment 468014
Pre Season Friendly
Leeds vs FC Bayern II
Ruben Rochina(3), Sam Byram(13), Giannis Fetfatzidis(23,68)

I didn't really know what to expect when i arranged this friendly having not looked at their squad before i even arranged it. Turns out it's their under 23's and although they do have some good players they were never going to be a match for us. 55% possession, 21 shots and 10 on target says it all really. This continues our good run in pre season apart from the defeat to Anderlecht. Man of the match was Giannis Fetfatzidis who played in the No.10 role with a rating of 9.3 bagging 2 goals in the process.

Tour of Ireland Fixtures

View attachment 468005
Tour of Ireland Fixture
Shamrock Rovers vs Leeds
0:4
Alberto Paloschi(46,66), Ruben Rochina(57), Noel Hunt(90+2)

Shamrock Rovers actually could of took the lead against us on the 36th minute but failed to convert a penalty. This seemed to buck our team into gear and from there on we seemed to take our chances quite convincingly. We ran out 4:0 winners and it was much deserved. Much like the game against Bayern II we had 55% possession, 26 shots, 11 on target. Man of the match was Alberto Paloschi, finishing the game with a rating of 8.9.

View attachment 468001
Tour of Ireland Fixture
Bohemians vs Leeds
Noel Hunt(19,52,72)

Another game done and dusted on tour of Ireland. Dominated from start to finish although it didn't show on the scoreline really. We could of had a bagful. Noel Hunt grabbed a sublime hat-rick to show why he shouldn't be took out of the running for a starting spot ahead of the new signings. 65% possession, 20 shots, 11 on targets says it all once again. Luckily were reducing our opponents to limited chances. Ruben Rochina came away with two assists and was close to a man of the match performance but Noel Hunt took the spoils with his hat-rick.

View attachment 467998
Tour of Ireland Fixture
Monaghan Utd vs Leeds
Jason Pearce(35), Ruben Rochina(61), Alberto Paloschi(85)

An easy and expected win to round off our tour of Ireland. As expected, we dominated from start to finish although there were no stand our performers if i'm honest. 62% possession, 23 shots, 13 on target. Ruben Rochina put in a man of the match performance with a rating of 7.8 scoring a goal in the process.

Remaining Pre Season Fixtures

View attachment 467977
Pre Season Friendly
Leeds vs LOSC Lille
Alberto Paloschi(27),Luke Varney(83)

A somewhat suprising result here. I expected them to come at us all guns blazing but it just didn't happen for them. Beating previous champions of the French league is no easy result no matter when the fixture is played and this will surely boost confidence for the season ahead. This was no fluke as we had 58% possession, 24 shots & 15 on target. A great performance. Ruben Rochina took the man of the match performance home with an assist to his name.

View attachment 467976
Pre Season Friendly
Woking vs Leeds
Noel Hunt(2), Matt Smith(11), Luke Murphy(57)

Just an ok result if i'm honest. We played well here but we need to be taking more of our chances. Disappointed however that we conceded to a team playing the Skrill South. We outplayed them in the middle of the park and that's where the game was won for us. 69% possession, 22 shots and 10 on target tells the story of this really, we should of had more. On the upside, we had 3 clear cut chances and we finished them all off. Luke Murphy was the man of the match here and used the ball well in midfield and got forward whenever he could.

View attachment 467972
Pre Season Friendly
Leeds vs Villarreal
Tom Lees(34), Jozy Altidore(46), Ruben Rochina(61), Tom Hateley(80)

A really suprising result once again against a team who regularly played in the Champions League. They did finish last season in 17th though just above the relegation zone. Jozy Altidore was set to make his debut in Leeds colour after being away on international duty for the USA the majority of pre season so far. It's an amazing result though and one which we can be proud of. We suprisingly dominated this match, much like we have done all pre season. Possession was fairly even at 52%-48% however, we had 21 shots and 11 of which were on target. Ruben Rochina ran away with the man of the match award again with a rating of 9.3 - 1 goal 2 assists.

View attachment 467970
Pre Season Friendly
Hull Tigers vs Leeds
2:3
Alberto Paloschi(7,81) Lee Peltier(58)

Next, we came up against a strong Hull Tigers team who were recently relegated from the Premiership. They are now also managed by Harry Redknapp and have kept most of their players from the season before. This was always going to a tough game but we managed to scrape a win in a very evenly matched game. Sone Aluko ruled the match for them and caused major havoc in our half - he came away with the man of the match award. Paloschi was our stand out performer achieving a match rating of 8.8 scoring two in the process.

View attachment 467959
Pre Season Friendly
Leeds vs Velez
3:2
Aidan White(12), Giannis Fetfatzidis(34), Ruben Rochina(52)

Pretty much what we've been used to this pre season, dominating matches but not really able to close to games out by finishing our chances. We were 3:0 up in this game when they brough on their regen 17 year old striker Barreto who scored 2 goals in the final 25 minutes to make it a nervy affair. We managed to hang on though to grab an important result in the final game of pre season to boost morale. Barreto has sinced been added to my shortlist so i will be keeping tabs on the young forward.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll introduce the two new signings in the next update

View attachment 467952
TWO MORE SIGNINGS ADDED TO THE FOLD

James McArthur - From Norwich - 3.9M Fee
View attachment 467951
The Scotland international has all the qualities to succeed here. We needed strength in the midfield in front of Schneiderlin and i feel we've got it in James. He's also someone who can pick a pass and work tirelessly in the midfield area, something we will need to survive in the Premiership. What's more, what we his wages down from 25k what he was currently on at Norwich having moved there from Wigan last season.

Will Hughes - From Derby - 6M Fee
View attachment 467944
An English player who has no doubt bags of potential and i'll definitely look to get that out of him. A star for the present and the future. He'll fit in nicely alongside McArthur and in front of Schneiderlin. With the other two players work ethic, this guy has all the freedom to impress. I bigged him up in the press and he came out in public saying he wanted to join, thus handing in a transfer request and us being able to sign him for 6M.

A club statement reads:

"We are delighted to announce the captures of these two fantastic young players in James and Will Hughes. What we have here is blatant talent.

With James McArthur, we have someone who has been in the Premiership, so he knows exactly what to expect and that's what we need in order to be prepared for each game.

As for Will, he's a star in the making and hopefully he can go and shine now in a Leeds shirt. He doesn't deserve to be playing League One football so we brought him here after much consideration. As for the fee, you take it as if, he's only 18 years old, he has over 12 competitive years in the top flight left in him. The deal speaks for itself. He's a talent, a real talent."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next update will be a look ahead to the new season...